The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bringing us together is the best thing she's ever done, thank you Jules.
Imagining if the hags and trolls were in charge of Lalande (which I like, for the record).
The winter salon and the hall dining room and the marquis' salon would be reconfigured as downstairs bedrooms for the poorly Tartlets.
My model for a quick recovery comes from my parents' exploits in Peru in the 1930s, long before I was born. (One reason, white girls + high altitude = no babies.) My mother caught a nearly fatal case of typhoid at the famous Quinta Bates in Arequipa.
The very louche expat clientele -- WWI draft dodgers turned high altitude ranchers, Anglo-Latino Scots railroad architects and gun runners, various Nazi era commodities-hustling Luftwaffe pilots in training and pioneer Pan Am hot dog Andes surfers -- gathered in the dying woman's boudoir. Their treatment: Drink highballs, smoke cigarettes, and play a game of dice and bluff called bidou. The dying woman was given shot glasses full of champagne.
So I envision the poorly Tartlets in nicely accoutered hospital beds with old French linen sheets and faux Coromandel screens (collaged by the tart artistic brigade from brocante ringers) as necessary for the Spode po service, or ambulatory tarts could take turns ferrying you to the blue loo. Bathing by the wonderful French home care nurses we're all hooked up for (I remember somebody telling me their 87 year old French friend was getting massages as part of her aches and pains treatment, on the gouvernement's sou, fab).
A little posy of roses From The Gahden on the breakfast tray: Thé du constructeur or cafe au lait or hot chocolate or all three, farmers' market fruit of the mo (cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl), a croissant or really good toast or gingerbread (pain d'epice, yas, mama).
Then a little eggie perhaps? Boiled? A tiny omelette with tomme de Savoie, ready now, or homemade fresh peach jam? Or both? Or two, with each?
Then a peaceful morning of alternating silence, beautiful music -- here's some summer tunes from the highly recommended Listerner's Club (Elgar; Vivaldi) -- filthy jokes, raucous laughter, pedicures, dirty dancing, knitting, ceramics, pool boy and massages.
After a light lunch of high quality proteins -- I'm digging this quinoa bowl -- some chicken soup, obviously and maybe (in season) cod goujons with blueberry cole slaw and Miller Lite??? And champagne with white peaches? We could spend the afternoon planning the redecoration and the restoration of the lake. And inviting all the villagers to be married for free in the chapel, attended by all 15 hags, some in wheelchairs, attired in our very own Emmaus wedding dresses. Oh what larks.
Paahfect.
Why was FRk using the top of the fridge to crack her hard boiled eggs on?
That was odd.

Dishcloth Dave has less washing up to do with so few guests , perhaps he will help with the patreon day?

Your menu would be delightful for the punters. I somehow think it will be beige and not in season and only radish from the gaahden

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know dog training varies (especially now the pack/pack leader method has been so carefully repudiated) but I was taught you housebreak a dog easy peasy. Peezy. You bring the puppy home and the first thing you do is take him outside to the pee place. Where you stay until there is production. Then you tell him he's the best dog in the world and take him inside. Two hours later, ditto. All night long.
All of my dogs have been housebroken with 36 hours, no lie, no accidents.
My little dog friend was quick to learn. The only mistakes were because I was not quick enough when he was telling me he needed to go out. ☹

I then bought a lovely tiny bell on a spring which I fixed to the skirting board by the door, I trained him to know to hit it with his paw and I will let him out. It’s rather cute 🥰.
Sometimes he wants to chase a pigeon and he will also ring it then🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
You can bet your life that neither Snorts nor Fanny picked up the bill!
I think that’s a given.

Assuming that the prancing twerp’s pals are also Netherlanders, “going Dutch” takes on a whole new meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Moira laughing 2.gif

user-io9vr7op5f
44 minutes ago
You will delete this. I was watching your videos Stephanie, but i can't do that anymore. Do not marry this guy!!!

quick no.gif

paulahunt1493
1 hour ago
Is there a grand entrance to the chateau?

carolinegooder7091
58 minutes ago
Guests just went into an entrance room with plants, the silvery wallpaper with a small table, not really grand, but Stephanie went back to using that room as a larger dining room.

chateau scab marquis.png

facade.png

clairetremblay3023
2 hours ago
After the Chapel, it can be a good idea to consider a plan to restore the outside of the chateau (ciment). That look very tired... You can ask Sebastien what he suggest to do this. You already have the expert on the site! So, you can know what can be done

carolinegooder7091
54 minutes ago (edited)
The job of replacing the rendering around the whole Chateau is a huge job that Stephanie said had to be done in sections. A Chateau of a friend of Stephanie just had it done by a master render. The job took a year. Lalande is about 4 times as big.:cry:

200w (1).gif

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Paahfect.
Why was FRk using the top of the fridge to crack her hard boiled eggs on?
That was odd.

Dishcloth Dave has less washing up to do with so few guests , perhaps he will help with the patreon day?

Your menu would be delightful for the punters. I somehow think it will be beige and not in season and only radish from the gaahden
Marie looks like she has hair extensions in this photo. The ends are stiff and straw like.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
How do they not see that those round bulb lights do not match anything - totally out of place.
---
I know dog training varies (especially now the pack/pack leader method has been so carefully repudiated) but I was taught you housebreak a dog easy peasy. Peezy. You bring the puppy home and the first thing you do is take him outside to the pee place. Where you stay until there is production. Then you tell him he's the best dog in the world and take him inside. Two hours later, ditto. All night long.
All of my dogs have been housebroken with 36 hours, no lie, no accidents.
Yep - so easy. I remember with my now 5 year old, George - I was outside in the dark waiting for wee wees to occur in the small hours when the police helicopter started circling. I made sure I was standing as close as possible to George, so any infra-red cameras could see I was weeing a puppy, and NOT up to no good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
229 signatures for Ratso! 🐶🎉

Linda Blackmore1 day ago
Although Chateau owner Stefanie Jarvis claims she took Lancelot to the local vet to have his eye looked at, according to her, the Vet said it's not of importance! It is of importance and I truly believe she didn't take this sweet dog in for proper treatment! She's too busy spending other people's money on vacations, porcelain and on herself! This Sweet dog needs veterinarian care

Lorraine King1 day ago
Stephanie Jarvis uses all animals for video content and disregards health checks and duty of care. She has continually ignored care for peacocks, chickens, a cat, sheep and now poor Lancelot. He has an eye condition that she constantly ignores and doesn’t use a tick and flea preventative. Please let’s get Lancelot a proper home away from this horrible situation.

Cameron The Great2 days ago
Poor Lancelot is suffering the pain of indifference. His eyes are constantly irritated or infected. Lancelot’s owners, Stephanie Jarvis and her boyfriend, don’t work, only travel around for shopping, and still don’t have any time or interest to take care of their shared dog, the same way she doesn’t take care of her falling castle.

Dave Deeming2 days ago
Lancelot's eye must be examined by a Vet. If you can't be bothered to spend out on treatment for an animal in your care, you shouldn't have that animal. Stephanie, I bet if it was your own eye as sore as billy-o, you'd be off to your Doctor straight away, wouldn't you? Get Lancelot's eye looked at, pronto. If not, then, as far as I'm concerned, you should be prosecuted for failing to do so! I bet you have plenty of money to spend on your own selfish wants.

Kerry Bryan2 days ago
So important they can lose an eye if not treated promptly.

Felicity Dobson2 days ago
So often owners don't take their dog to the vets because of COST!! There are charities that treat dogs free, or for a minimal charge. Perhaps Stephanie can take Lancelot to one of their clinics.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I was just thinking - after watching the Markles in Nigeria and SJ - imagine if a narcissist is really intelligent/clever. Both of them shoot themselves in the foot. Markle goes bare in a Muslim country, is rude to people and expects to gain world love and admiration. SJ spends nothing on a chateau that people watch to see renovated and spends masses on herself; clothes, travel, pretend fiance - and expects to roll in the money with viewers.
---
Something is different with Amaury. When was the last time we saw him in a vlog? Does he look 10 years older, or has he lost weight? He doesn't look really healthy and happy to me...
I would guess he has some mental health issues pre-CD - a fully emotionally functioning carpenter wouldn't need his mummy to broker a deal where he became the live-in builder at his cousin's chateau. I think the death of the worker and set him back emotionally.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Congratulations on your VIPness, @Frenchie0810. Supper at the fish shack tonight, entrance to the left, bien sur, of the VIP tent, all are welcome.

I've been looking into the cuisine of the Berry which Jarvis and Wiik so studiously ignore -- as usual, what people eat tells you who they are. I've translated a very simple and soulful recipe for one of the region's many freshwater fish, for which the region and its many man-made lakes were famous in the middle ages. In this case, pike, brochet, from Sylvie Gerard's Sologne Berry. Interestingly austere and very fancy.

What's in season in France -- cukes, melons, peaches, cherries. Here's a nice little June fish fry, emphasis on the vino. Quincy, used to poach the pike is a local very dry wine. For the champagne sauce, substitute sparkling white Cremantes de Loire for the 3/4 cup water to stick to the local food of the Berry theme. My thinking on the walnut sauce is the cold fish in wine aspic could use sides rich, creamy and crunchy, which is precisely the Italian classic foragers' sauce to die for is, in spades.

Ice Cold Cavaillon Melons, au Porto
Pike a la Berrichonne*, Garnished with Lemon Garlic Local Freshwater Crayfish
Cucumber and Cream Salad
Spinach Fettucine with Ligurian Walnut Sauce
Homemade White Peach Ice Cream, Fresh Cherry Coulis, Cremantes de Loire Caramel Sauce
Rosewater and Pink Peppercorn Shortbread
Grandmama's Receipt, Demitasse

Here is Gerard's recipe for Le Brochet a la Berrichonne, trans. me and Google (who translated "Poissoniere" as "poison pot", yum.)

*Le Brochet a la Berrichonne
It is in a Quincy jelly, a very dry Berry white wine, that this pike, “great water wolf”, as it was called in the Middle Ages, is offered.
Preparation
50 minutes
Cooking
1 hour
Setting Jelly
3 to 4 hours

For 6 persons

1 pike weighing approximately 2 kg
75 cl of Quincy white wine
1 carrot
1 onion
1 stalk of celery
4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
30 g coarse salt
12 peppercorns
30 g of powdered gelatine
1 lemon
salt and pepper

First prepare a court-bouillon with 50 cl of Quincy white wine, 2 liters of water, the carrot, the sliced onion and celery, the parsley and thyme, the coarse salt and the peppercorns. Boil it for 30 minutes, then leave to cool.
During this time, gut the pike through the gills; do not cut the head or scale it. Wash it inside. Pour the court-bouillon into a fish poacher and place the pike in it, re-start the boil. When the simmering becomes clearer, adjust the heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat and let the fish cool while cooking.
Drain the fish using the perforated rack insert (lift it out of the poacher and let it drain). Place it on a long dish. Then remove the skin delicately so as to remove the scales at the same time (except on the head which is left whole for decoration.) Turn the fish over to skin it also on the other side. Pass the court bouillon into a saucepan through a strainer, then reduce it by half.
Pour the rest of the Quincy wine into a bowl, sprinkle with powdered gelatine and let it dissolve, mix thoroughly then pour this mixture into the reduced stock. Simmer for ten minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
Cut the lemon into thin slices and place them on the skinned pike. Gently coat the pike with a first layer of fairly thin jelly with a spoon. Let it set. Warm the jelly until it is almost liquid and spread a second layer of jelly. Repeat this operation twice. Then refrigerate the pike for 3 or 4 hours before serving.

Nice, cool, light boozy dishes might call for the mini chiffon caftan? Formal flip flops, and champagne toenail polish.
The dance, as often when dinner is in France, is French line dancing.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I was thinking the same.
Once you live at the Dump, you begin to age in dog years because of the gruesome twosome and alll the chaotic dysfunction at the Dump. You saw Pottie age overnight in Japan after spending just a few days with Stephanie. Look how much loser cast member actor Philip has aged in the past three or so years. He must spend hours every night using his architectural graph paper desperately trying to come up with a new system to hide his bald spot and hair loss daily. Nutty has aged quickly also, perhaps a real reason Baghead wears a bag on his head is because he’s ashamed at how much he has aged since Stephanie started her YouTube channel.

Remember how exhausted and worn out the aunt and uncle look after spending 3 to 4 weeks at the dump. I don’t know how much worse Percy can look, he pretty much has that weekend at Bernie’s look most of the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.