The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did not realize that, which makes sense why Lancelot was like, "Dafuq, weird human!" I play like this with my JRT (who is the leader of a Terrierist network, and thinks this is the greatest game ever), and then have to throw one of his Wubbas and chase him throughout the house (his game is absolutely ridiculous- I should have never let him watch "Catch Me If You Can')- little joker keeps changing up the rules as well, and chortles when he is winning (which is always because his game makes no sense.) My neighbour thought it was adorable when we played outside, and tried to play this with him as well- he just huffed in disgust, and walked off to try to dig up her hibiscus trees after peeing on her fence. Lovely. My Chiweenie is not at all a fan of his game- she thinks it is dumb, and would probably look at Hugh Grunt in offence- she is more or less of a "Throw to me- I catch and KILL." She's gangsta like that.

Props to Ruby the cat for making a friend in Lancelot- he knows the pupper has a shyte life as well. Fanny thinks it is cute, but Ruby is probably looking for food and water- which is really sad.
All I know is in that last ep, where Pheeph has Ratso supine on his lap and is rape-tickling him, poor boy had his tail tightly between his legs, protecting his little self.
Also, take it from little bad Toto, and the American Animal Hospital Association, yawning and licking are major symptoms of stress. You dog torturers you. Every time he whimpers to go out for a pee, Fanny says, he's just seeking attention. No, Fanny, that's a you problem.
Free Ratso.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Yes, Pekey. It's now going to be a "pool complex." It must be bigger and grander than Permasmile's spa.

🤬🤬🤬

So this is one of the narc's promises to Analiese to insure she keeps coming around: her own salon.

View attachment 2975124
Analiese is much stupider than she looks.
I've noticed this as a phenom. Every time they go to someone else's chateau, she always compares it to Lalande as a bulwark of the conversation, accompanied by a plethora of envious comment, and then stolen ideas like an indoor pool complex at Lalande within 24 hours.
I'd definitely count the family silver after these two leave the house.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread and @Lady Avonlea for the new title! 😘😘😘

Happy Birthday @C'est moi ! 🥂🎂

@JanePlain, many hugs, love and healing prayers sent your way for a successful recovery! ❤❤❤

And sending a bedazzled Packer's cheese head to @Frenchie0810 in honor of your upcoming promotion to VIP!!! 🍻🍻🍻 Wear it like a tiara- you've earned it! (Your status will change to VIP on your next post!)
Thank you for the bedazzled Packer's cheese head tiara @T Rex !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve done it several times and they keep deleting it, I wish I could leave a photo comment because that would be the best
I left one this week in reply to someone bleating on about the chapel and all of it's sacred religious history, the death of St Joseph etc but I think I'm shadow blocked... it's a pain having to create new user names to have your say... but yes if photographs were allowed that would make their eyes pop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
New sport - spelling out their engagement rings. No wonder Snort left his empty, however we can start with his latest one, P for pearl...or?
@C'est moi the meat issue is due to my own ambiguity about it & not your choices. I do eat other animals but horses I can't bear to think about, going to the slaughter etc. Here in Italy they see the same advantages as you do but luckily the meat is kept separate & even the butchers are different. My husband said his mother would give him it after an illness but that habit soon died out with me. He teased me that I HAD actually eaten horsemeat at festas where they cook 'pezzetti' or meatballs in sauce but never told me. Oh well.
After watching recent docus about how they rear pigs, I'm almost having second thoughts about the wonderful prosciutto crudo.
---
F..ing Hell, women's business = wedding gear😵😵
New sport - spelling out their engagement rings. No wonder Snort left his empty, however we can start with his latest one, P for pearl...or?
@C'est moi the meat issue is due to my own ambiguity about it & not your choices. I do eat other animals but horses I can't bear to think about, going to the slaughter etc. Here in Italy they see the same advantages as you do but luckily the meat is kept separate & even the butchers are different. My husband said his mother would give him it after an illness but that habit soon died out with me. He teased me that I HAD actually eaten horsemeat at festas where they cook 'pezzetti' or meatballs in sauce but never told me. Oh well.
After watching recent docus about how they rear pigs, I'm almost having second thoughts about the wonderful prosciutto crudo.
---
F..ing Hell, women's business = wedding gear😵😵
I empathize with how you feel re eating horse meat @Spirit of place, I feel the same about rabbits and lambs. I find Zurbarán’s Agnus Dei very moving and that painting comes to mind if I see a lamb dish on a menu …. 😢
IMG_9832.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm also not really interested in the chapel renovations and usually just fastforward through that. Mostly because I just don't see the point. It won't be open to the public and won't be used except for a few performative vlogs afterwards. I mentioned this before but I truly think Steph lost sight for the price tag and what is reasonable. She paid about 800'000 euros for the whole dump and it's surrounding lands (which tbf is an okay price) but now she has spent almost the same amount just to renovate one little building while the rest is in a worse state than ever before. And the more money she puts into the folly-chapel the less likely it will be that she'll ever manage to fix the rest.
The pigeons will find a way back in too... and apparently they've decided to power wash the outside now the inside is repainted, lo and behold... water is getting in the grout cracks... 🤦‍♀️ Ah well, Snorty wants to run wires after it's decorated too... can't fix stupid with grift money.. Remind me, how many times did Amaury have to rebuild that chimney in the apartment?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Are you okay?

Re: the chapel...

I had a niggle. And that turned into an inkling. My spidey 6th sense feels a full blown connaissence coming on!

Bear with me here it may be a tad convoluted. I don't think that Despicable fanny's attendance at the Stéphan Bern fundraiser in London was a coincidence. She has been trying (and so far failing) to schmooze her way in to the Patrimoine de France. You may not be aware that Stéphan Bern is the chou-chou of one Madame Bridget Macron, the 1st Lady of France.

Next part... the Tour de France is coming to town. This year the dates have been brought forward about a week to accommodate the Olympic games. The entirety of the Tour de France is televised by France television. There are always segments of historical interest etc., on each stage. In recent years, monsieur Bern, no less, has presented a Patrimoine de France of the areas the Tour passes through.

Stay with me... I believe that it is stage 10 and stage 11 that passes not a million kilometres from chez Despicable fanny. People pay to have their properties highlighted and ariel views of it on the Tour de France AND on the Patrimoine de France segment.

Mummy 🦇 will also be back in town at that time. Another coincidence?

I nicked himselfs Velo magazine to ascertain the exact route and whilst it does not pass her door it is close enough for the filming helico to get some shots in.

Is this why there is so much urgency to get a no nothing chapel tonced up and into the view of Stéphan Bern?
Damn girl, that's some convoluted Hercule Poirot tit right there...

And who is going to clean the pool?
Imagine them saying: The pond scum green is the natural colour... :sick:

Thank you for the bedazzled Packer's cheese head tiara @T Rex !
Congratulations! Thread #311 is yours to name.

• Heart
  • Haha
All I know is in that last ep, where Pheeph has Ratso supine on his lap and is rape-tickling him, poor boy had his tail tightly between his legs, protecting his little self.
Also, take it from little bad Toto, and the American Animal Hospital Association, yawning and licking are major symptoms of stress. You dog torturers you. Every time he whimpers to go out for a pee, Fanny says, he's just seeking attention. No, Fanny, that's a you problem.
Free Ratso.
Honestly, honestly, that poor little puppy probably has to go pee every hour. I can’t imagine that somebody is letting him out to pee every hour.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
It is so hard to keep up around here. Sometimes I catch them & sometimes I miss them. I hope the recent birthday hell hounds had a special day. Here are a couple throwbacks to years gone by.

@C'est moi
View attachment 2975241

@JackSpratt
View attachment 2975245

Unfortunately, there are so many tartlets facing health issues. I guess that’s life. I’m sorry for what you are all dealing with, each in your different ways. I’m glad that Stephanie has brought us all together from around the world, it’s the best thing she’s ever done. Please keep fighting and remember laughter is the best medicine, along with sweet, sweet Miller Lite.❤
Bringing us together is the best thing she's ever done, thank you Jules.
Imagining if the hags and trolls were in charge of Lalande (which I like, for the record).
The winter salon and the hall dining room and the marquis' salon would be reconfigured as downstairs bedrooms for the poorly Tartlets.
My model for a quick recovery comes from my parents' exploits in Peru in the 1930s, long before I was born. (One reason, white girls + high altitude = no babies.) My mother caught a nearly fatal case of typhoid at the famous Quinta Bates in Arequipa.
The very louche expat clientele -- WWI draft dodgers turned high altitude ranchers, Anglo-Latino Scots railroad architects and gun runners, various Nazi era commodities-hustling Luftwaffe pilots in training and pioneer Pan Am hot dog Andes surfers -- gathered in the dying woman's boudoir. Their treatment: Drink highballs, smoke cigarettes, and play a game of dice and bluff called bidou. The dying woman was given shot glasses full of champagne.
So I envision the poorly Tartlets in nicely accoutered hospital beds with old French linen sheets and faux Coromandel screens (collaged by the tart artistic brigade from brocante ringers) as necessary for the Spode po service, or ambulatory tarts could take turns ferrying you to the blue loo. Bathing by the wonderful French home care nurses we're all hooked up for (I remember somebody telling me their 87 year old French friend was getting massages as part of her aches and pains treatment, on the gouvernement's sou, fab).
A little posy of roses From The Gahden on the breakfast tray: Thé du constructeur or cafe au lait or hot chocolate or all three, farmers' market fruit of the mo (cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl), a croissant or really good toast or gingerbread (pain d'epice, yas, mama).
Then a little eggie perhaps? Boiled? A tiny omelette with tomme de Savoie, ready now, or homemade fresh peach jam? Or both? Or two, with each?
Then a peaceful morning of alternating silence, beautiful music -- here's some summer tunes from the highly recommended Listerner's Club (Elgar; Vivaldi) -- filthy jokes, raucous laughter, pedicures, dirty dancing, knitting, ceramics, pool boy and massages.
After a light lunch of high quality proteins -- I'm digging this quinoa bowl -- some chicken soup, obviously and maybe (in season) cod goujons with blueberry cole slaw and Miller Lite??? And champagne with white peaches? We could spend the afternoon planning the redecoration and the restoration of the lake. And inviting all the villagers to be married for free in the chapel, attended by all 15 hags, some in wheelchairs, attired in our very own Emmaus wedding dresses. Oh what larks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Tour de France Route
1717612880780.png

July 9 - race finishes in Saint-Amand-Montrond (1 hour north east of Cruzon-sur-Vauvre)
1717613013044.png

July 10 - race starts in Evaux les Bains (1 hour south east of Cruzon-sur-Vauvre)
1717613110236.png

Fanny plans to be in the UK for Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, 2 - 7 July 2024. When are the patron days?

• Heart
Honestly, honestly, that poor little puppy probably has to go pee every hour. I can’t imagine that somebody is letting him out to pee every hour.
I know dog training varies (especially now the pack/pack leader method has been so carefully repudiated) but I was taught you housebreak a dog easy peasy. Peezy. You bring the puppy home and the first thing you do is take him outside to the pee place. Where you stay until there is production. Then you tell him he's the best dog in the world and take him inside. Two hours later, ditto. All night long.
All of my dogs have been housebroken with 36 hours, no lie, no accidents.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.