The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My little dog friend was quick to learn. The only mistakes were because I was not quick enough when he was telling me he needed to go out. ☹

I then bought a lovely tiny bell on a spring which I fixed to the skirting board by the door, I trained him to know to hit it with his paw and I will let him out. It’s rather cute 🥰.
Sometimes he wants to chase a pigeon and he will also ring it then🤣
Aw, he sounds like a corker.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Tour de France Route
View attachment 2976550

July 9 - race finishes in Saint-Amand-Montrond (1 hour north east of Cruzon-sur-Vauvre)
View attachment 2976559

July 10 - race starts in Evaux les Bains (1 hour south east of Cruzon-sur-Vauvre)
View attachment 2976560

Fanny plans to be in the UK for Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, 2 - 7 July 2024. When are the patron days?
Would Stephanie get an upgrade or free pass to the Tour de France since she is the local town bike?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Something is different with Amaury. When was the last time we saw him in a vlog? Does he look 10 years older, or has he lost weight? He doesn't look really healthy and happy to me...
Perhaps he is a decent guy still feeling the death of a colleague and possibly even the burn of the grift. Did we determine who was in the picker with Christophe?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Paahfect.
Why was FRk using the top of the fridge to crack her hard boiled eggs on?
That was odd.

Dishcloth Dave has less washing up to do with so few guests , perhaps he will help with the patreon day?

Your menu would be delightful for the punters. I somehow think it will be beige and not in season and only radish from the gaahden
Gurl, that menu is for the hags and trolls in my imaginary takeover of Lalande. The poorly Tartlets get breakfast trays in bed. The rest of us get cabana boys and dirty dancing in the arriere cuisine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Perhaps he is a decent guy still feeling the death of a colleague and possibly even the burn of the grift. Did we determine who was in the picker with Christophe?
Not to my knowledge, but I wonder if the other worker was also seriously injured because big mouth Stephanie hasn’t stated that he was fine and did not have any serious injuries. She would’ve never have even admitted that one man was seriously injured and died from his injuries if she had not been called out about his death in this forum and was forced to acknowledge the accident and death,

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Not to my knowledge, but I wonder if the other worker was also seriously injured because big mouth Stephanie hasn’t stated that he was fine and did not have any serious injuries. She would’ve never have even admitted that one man was seriously injured and died from his injuries if she had not be called out about his death in this forum and was this forced to acknowledge the accident and death,
I have a feeling that the other person is seriously hurt because of what you said Gracie...... Big Mouth Fanny would have said he was " just fine, skipping through the breeze" but she has Not ....... I wonder if they may be suing her or old Bun Boy ???

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Bringing us together is the best thing she's ever done, thank you Jules.
Imagining if the hags and trolls were in charge of Lalande (which I like, for the record).
The winter salon and the hall dining room and the marquis' salon would be reconfigured as downstairs bedrooms for the poorly Tartlets.
My model for a quick recovery comes from my parents' exploits in Peru in the 1930s, long before I was born. (One reason, white girls + high altitude = no babies.) My mother caught a nearly fatal case of typhoid at the famous Quinta Bates in Arequipa.
The very louche expat clientele -- WWI draft dodgers turned high altitude ranchers, Anglo-Latino Scots railroad architects and gun runners, various Nazi era commodities-hustling Luftwaffe pilots in training and pioneer Pan Am hot dog Andes surfers -- gathered in the dying woman's boudoir. Their treatment: Drink highballs, smoke cigarettes, and play a game of dice and bluff called bidou. The dying woman was given shot glasses full of champagne.
So I envision the poorly Tartlets in nicely accoutered hospital beds with old French linen sheets and faux Coromandel screens (collaged by the tart artistic brigade from brocante ringers) as necessary for the Spode po service, or ambulatory tarts could take turns ferrying you to the blue loo. Bathing by the wonderful French home care nurses we're all hooked up for (I remember somebody telling me their 87 year old French friend was getting massages as part of her aches and pains treatment, on the gouvernement's sou, fab).
A little posy of roses From The Gahden on the breakfast tray: Thé du constructeur or cafe au lait or hot chocolate or all three, farmers' market fruit of the mo (cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl), a croissant or really good toast or gingerbread (pain d'epice, yas, mama).
Then a little eggie perhaps? Boiled? A tiny omelette with tomme de Savoie, ready now, or homemade fresh peach jam? Or both? Or two, with each?
Then a peaceful morning of alternating silence, beautiful music -- here's some summer tunes from the highly recommended Listerner's Club (Elgar; Vivaldi) -- filthy jokes, raucous laughter, pedicures, dirty dancing, knitting, ceramics, pool boy and massages.
After a light lunch of high quality proteins -- I'm digging this quinoa bowl -- some chicken soup, obviously and maybe (in season) cod goujons with blueberry cole slaw and Miller Lite??? And champagne with white peaches? We could spend the afternoon planning the redecoration and the restoration of the lake. And inviting all the villagers to be married for free in the chapel, attended by all 15 hags, some in wheelchairs, attired in our very own Emmaus wedding dresses. Oh what larks.
I love your vision of Tatt-La-Lande. ♥

• Haha
  • Heart
The main reason Fanny gave for doing both the structural work and decorative work on the chapel at the same time was because of the scaffolding. She said it would cost too much to remove the scaffolding and then re-install it at a later date for the decorative work. BS!
It was a weak excuse then, and now even weaker, since they have to re-install some scaffolding to do the additional repairs on the chapel exterior. Fanny will spin any lie in order to justify her crazy decisions and out of control spending.
Scaffolding is very expensive. I think it was about $4000 when we had our roof replaced and then extra $1000 when we wanted the guttering done as well (extra platforms to making replacing guttering easier/safer) And it was only there for a couple of weeks, not months like the Chapel.
Not a lot of money to Fanny, but it was for me it was, and I wouldn't want to do it twice.

I have no problem with the structural stuff and some touching up of paint work, (other than she should be paying herself and not ebegging)
Unfortunately how she wants the paint work to appear like new just makes it look like a circus tent.

The farm house itself has been falling down for years and she has never done anything to improve it, other than lipstick on a pig.
If I was Baghead I would have made her buy me out years ago when she decided she wanted to live there and not flip it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Snorts will be interviewing the candidates
Why would the gruesome twosome need a pool? Stephanie cannot swim and Snorts cannot get his elaborate hair system and hair in a can monstrosity hairdo wet? This is all for 10% owner Çhamberpottie who invested less than $100,000 to purchase 10% of the Dump but has received far more than that some in upgrades to his apartment, the heating, trips, portion of the renovated party pad chapel, publicity, etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Par for the course - how could Snorts a) have interesting friends & b) choose a place with ambiance to eat? That is the real Philip Janssen without the trimmings
Getting behind with departures - she's off again? Too early for the Hampton Court Flower show though. What's the bet she funds a Buy me a jet next? Plus a Lalande airfield. "We do have the space for it. Works out so much cheaper in the end and could ferry choice high-end Patreons from pick-up points for stays/Patreon Days. Memo to self - send email to my ex Fokker aviation guy"
Yeah, make an airfield from the wasteland that was a lake... it's never going to be water again...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Why would the gruesome twosome need a pool? Stephanie cannot swim and Snorts cannot get his elaborate hair system and hair in a can monstrosity hairdo wet? This is all for 10% owner Çhamberpottie who invested less than $100,000 to purchase 10% of the Dump but has received far more than that some in upgrades to his apartment, the heating, trips, portion of the renovated party pad chapel, publicity, etc.
Simple, she saw Permasmile's pool and green with jealousy she suddenly needed one as well!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I've noticed this as a phenom. Every time they go to someone else's chateau, she always compares it to Lalande as a bulwark of the conversation, accompanied by a plethora of envious comment, and then stolen ideas like an indoor pool complex at Lalande within 24 hours.
I'd definitely count the family silver after these two leave the house.
Stephanie thinks that she is leveling up the dump by comparing it to famous Chateaux and much nicer buildings and historical monuments And that if she mentions far-fetched “ similarities “ to other more prestigious locations, the viewers will forget that the dump farm house is not historically significant it is collapsing. She believes that if she decorates in the style of a bordello version of Versailles, it will magically change the dump from a dilapidated farmhouse into a mini Versailles. Remember that she is incredibly fond of any person who was a mistress of the king.

Stephanie is wildly jealous of Permasmile, tobacco Johnny, the people he gave her the Marie Antoinette Descendent twig ( which she threw away promptly after filming) and any other person who has a beautiful and well-maintained chateau. She hates the farmhouse so much that she spends less than one week a month at the dump and the rest of the time vacationing or sponging free weekends at well-maintained and beautiful neighboring chateaux. However, she treats The owners of these beautiful homes very rudely, arriving at 3 o’clock in the morning and causing mayhem during the entire stay, waving a little pink camera in her giant man hands as her untrained dog pisses and shits everywhere and harasses the owner’s dogs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This is how I feel about the reno of the chapel, too. When your main building (without proper heating) looks as if it might tumble down into the place where the lake you drained used to be, I have a hard time understanding the priority of the chapel. Shore up the chapel to prevent further damage and decorate it later, if that's important to you, but I certainly wouldn't have spent that money given the state of the chateau itself.

Regarding what she spent on the place versus repair price - that's not really surprising to me and is typical when renovating an old building. If some of these things had been addressed years ago, the price wouldn't have been as steep. That chateau is in a world of hurt! When you factor the time that has passed since she's bought it and nothing has been done (or done poorly), you are dealing with 20 years of neglect and deferred maintenance on top of the original damage of the property when purchased. Above and beyond the chapel, she continues to throw big money on decorating and furniture - for what? So it can rot away with damp? Her windows in that place are atrocious, so anything she puts in there is ridiculous, and that includes a heating system, which, like everything else, is half-done.
You're forgetting without the chapel she couldn't have flogged the stars... Amaury could have remade every single window in that place by now given chance... instead he's f'd the dog for 2 years easy... the most menial tasks... what renovated dishpit? It never happened... he fitted dishwashers.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
At least 15 years ago, it may be more when the go fund me Craze started, I immediately went out and purchased life insurance on my two children. My husband thought it was morbid, but I did not want to be that person that had a hat out begging if my children needed a funeral now go fund me Patreon et are a way of life and I do not buy into it!!

Just recently someone we know passed away at a very young age I think 42 and his friends or family set up a GoFundMe for his funeral and a fundraiser at a local bar and I looked at it and I thought about it and I thought oh maybe I’ll donate something and then I see his wife on the book of face bragging about her arm tattoo and I thought to myself self if I had $500 to buy an arm tattoo, I would probably put that towards my husband‘s funeral instead of asking strangers to bury my husband. Maybe I’m old maybe I’m old fashion but if you can afford pleasures in life , vacation, alcohol, cigarettes , wallpaper you don’t really need me or anyone else to fund your lifestyle. I get it little children aren’t responsible for what their parents do in my town. All the schools have free breakfast and lunch and I see the parents of the children at the little market down from my restaurant buying cases of beer, lottery tickets and cigarettes and we still collect money for shoes for kidsbecause parents are so flipping irresponsible they don’t take care of their children so, Of course, I’ll donate to shoes for kids. My current charities I support if anyone wants a cute tshirt spreadspencerssparkle.com ok rant over.

Fanny wants a Pool complex gawd
I totally agree with you. That is what amazes me from her crazy fans. Why can't they see if she has enough to buy designer clothes and go on holidays all the time, she has enough to fund her own restoration. And if she doesn't then she needs to call it quits and move on. I would never have my hand out unless I had used my last my last cent. And then only for basic needs like food and shelter.

We have free lunches at my school too, and fruit, shoes, rain jackets etc. In lots of ways it is good (especially the lunches as they are really nutritious). But I do worry that it may set them up to expect hand outs when they are older.:(

• Heart
You're forgetting without the chapel she couldn't have flogged the stars... Amaury could have remade every single window in that place by now given chance... instead he's f'd the dog for 2 years easy... the most menial tasks... what renovated dishpit? It never happened... he fitted dishwashers.
I think it is settling in that he has wasted many years out of his youth helping his selfish cousin. He performed mini duties that were outside of his skill set and as a result of having to become an overseer of other independent contractors, a man may have died and another man seriously injured.
He was constantly asked to perform duties that were outside of his original job description and many times treated as a common servant.

I believe his parents are probably formed another corporation or company, in which they place their new house, and that they will likely employ and pay Amaury for work on restoring the residence for the next couple of years, once he is able to escape the dump. It is going to be difficult for him to leave the dump because Stephanie doesn’t like anyone to leave her, especially someone that has made her a lot of money through his popularity in videos and for a long time, was willing to do everything that she asked. Stephanie believes she owns everyone and everyone owes her. She will follow him down to his parents house, stay in mommy’s apartment, and continue to harass him with a little pink camera. I wonder if he regrets ever greeting to come live at the dump. He has put in a hard position, because although it is apparent that he hates Stephanie, much of the time, they are still family, and he will never be able to block her out of his life. you know he hates Philip with a passion, as does most everyone else at the dump.
---
Who thinks Ñutty and Amaury will get married in her home country and no where near the Dump or Dump chapel? Will Stephanie stop the couple to the wedding or with a couple make the same rules as Tess did and pretty much been any filming of the occasion.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.