The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 537321
From left to right: The (Mad) Hatter, Alice Jarvis, The Dormouse and The March Hare.
Why does she actually need an ‘audience’ with her to open boxes? She is the only one who is allowed to open them - well that is after Nutti Nati has opened them all, nobbled some chocs or biscuits, and then sellotaped them all back together again! I don’t understand why she gathers the other unemployed boarders to sit and watch her tear open Nati’s sellotape and listen to her, “ooo, aaawww, wow” when she sees a block of chocolate, a packet of shortbread biscuits or a broken teapot!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've just read 15 pages to catch up!
My brain is melting. Bunch of nutters. You're so daft and cheeky and funny.
I've liked, loved, scrolled and rolled my eyes.
Agree that Sarah has bitten off sooo much more than she can chew. Her cute, vague and random "stalking" is no excuse for not being prepared. If you want to make it doing costuming, that dress was not the way to launch your budding French business. The market for home-sewn stuff is swamped after so many lockdowns. Everybody is doing it. Even me!

To follow on from the previous chat about residency, there is no way Steve and Sarah will even be remotely considered for a Carte de Sejour if they were not officially, permanently resident in France before the 31st December 2020. Ye Olden Days British grandparents or birthplace don't fit into the equation.
Steve, if you're reading, go look up this website. It's got the real deal bottom line info for anyone looking to apply for a Withdrawal Agreement Residence Permit. All Pethericks and Ryan type YouTubers will find this a good read too: https://www.remaininfrance.fr/waresidencypermits

On that note, goodnight, and I promise to never skive off 24 hours of Tattle again. It's taken me all evening to catch up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
2017 / 2018 and the painting of the kitchen walls isn't finished. just saying. the cosy heart of the home ;)

1618871323177.png

1618871385278.png

here's a thought .. panelling in the boudoir and de gournay wallpaper in her bedroom.

but seriously, her cousins invoice for the salon is going to be large with
a. the fitting
b. the alterations
c. the additions

talk about keeping it in the family 💰💰💰

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
It has to be that low cut to show off her miniscule pushed up and together padded boobs. You only need to see her in that pink swimsuit to see just how non-exsistent her boobs are. Its really incredible that she's able to push them up and togher so much.
It's all the T's. It must be the mantra. Teeth, Twiggy, t*ts and gaffa Tape. Plenty of every thing.

For those who have only seen this Century, Twiggy was a famous model who wore mini skirts and showed off her legs a lot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm now watching the gift grab vlog...soooooo many things to comment on, some already commented on here....but I just watched them opening the METAL DETECTOR!!!...Selmar says "We can now go onto the lake..." and something about the hole under the downstairs loo....uhm...do they not SELL metal detectors in France???....They could have gone onto the lake bed at any time if they'd bought one....amazing...and not in a GOOD way!

Reactions: 16
Dear Sarah. I'm sorry to say your dress was well... My first thought was oh she took one of those shirts made for a grown woman with puffy sleeves that make you look 12 cut it at the bra line and stitched on a bed sheet. But if it's just a costume then that's as much effort as I would do for a one off party.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And honestly, Selmar, what are you so effing dressed up for when you don't do a damn thing with that mop of yours?
I hate when he shows up right after a shower and he looks like a wet poodle. I know he probably doesn’t want to blow dry curly hair but it bothers me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why does she actually need an ‘audience’ with her to open boxes? She is the only one who is allowed to open them - well that is after Nutti Nati has opened them all, nobbled some chocs or biscuits, and then sellotaped them all back together again! I don’t understand why she gathers the other unemployed boarders to sit and watch her tear open Nati’s sellotape and listen to her, “ooo, aaawww, wow” when she sees a block of chocolate, a packet of shortbread biscuits or a broken teapot!
Good point. It's excruciating watching. As one man to another (well three)...really? Why would you?
Nibbles wouldn't even tempt me. It really is a difference between the sexes. I can't even muster that kind of enthusiasm for my own gifts at birthdays and Christmas(I am not ungrateful) Maybe that is the attraction, their own families don't show enthusiasm, so they send off their heirlooms to Steph as she shows proper orgasmic enthusiasm and it's on TV! That will show their ungrateful relatives.

I hate when he shows up right after a shower and he looks like a wet poodle. I know he probably doesn’t want to blow dry curly hair but it bothers me.
It bothers me as well. Mrs G,has beautiful curly hair...it's what first attracted me to her. I feel very torn when I see Selmar's hair 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Poor Steve looks like one of Chris Farley’s characters from Saturday Night Live. Guess they don’t teach any etiquette up in Fergus. A gentleman always unbuttons his suit jacket while seated. Even the Dutchies both know this.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Not having a whit of artistic ability is a fitting description. If she possess no artistic abilities, why on the good green Earth would she want to start a business in historical reproduction. Not even Bernadette Banner does garments on demand. She does them for herself, as cost for natural fiber fabrics are very expensive. That, and the intensive labour of hand stitching for historical adequacy.
I love Bernadette's vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just catching up . Thanks to @MojoDublin for setting up the new thread again and to all the usual contributors for the artwork, glossary, etc. Thanks too for the Title votes.
The Chateau hangers on seem to use a mention here like a badge of honour. I have news for you, it's not! Just ask Ryan, it certainly hasn't worked for him.
I notice that Sarah is happy to dine out on the criticism of her historically adequate (I think you are flattering yourself there, Sarah) dressing up outfit but is not quite so keen to address their need to travel during the pandemic. She also fails to mention that Steve's filming is pretty inadequate too. and has been subject to criticism.
They are not exactly a charismatic couple - I suspect they will struggle to gain much of an audience other than the old biddies who patronise SJ and Mikey Pathetique.
Might help if you tried to look a little more cheerful too - between you and FRK, you'll turn the milk sour with your sulky chops.
I said it before, these two look like bad fish smells. Yes Sarah that is you I'm talking about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It bothers me too, and I show up to work like that every morning because of curls. At least I'm alone there for two hours so it can dry before I see the world.

Reactions: 4
I think Sara and Steve look like brother and sister. I would love to understand their business plan. Perhaps they inherited money or sold all their assets. I just don't get how you make money from making your interpretation of historical dress. Is this a new market I shoukd get into early like bitcoin?
Why don't they have a metal container built to store all the boxes. Openly discussing their mouse plague cannot be good. About 50 years ago there was a mouse plague in country Victoria (Australia). Horrendous footage of thousands of mice starving and swarming. Commentary included parents saying hungry mice nibbled at the corners of children's mouths in their sleep. Just leave that image with you.
I've been binging The Positano Diaries mentioned by others previously. Totally different vibe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Why does she actually need an ‘audience’ with her to open boxes? She is the only one who is allowed to open them
Remember it's part of her narrative. She was the lonely forlorn little girl opening presents on her own on Christmas Day.
Now that she has prisoners friends who stay with her, she is emotionally fulfilled... and of course lest we forget the gratitue, the suspense for and of each gift she recieves from the kind, kind viewers, who's only wish is to see her happy and be acknowledged for tributing to her hapiness and positivity which she spreads and grants to the whole wide web world.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
She recieves a paaaarfect set of glasses...clearly a house clearout...the tiny ones probably never used were at 12 ... :p the rest a few leftovers...luckyly not broken overtime..omg what crap those people send...now people we know...all crap we usually put in the bin or to the charityshop...ship it all to Lalalande..the biggest pile of crap there is..always happy to recieve...we will put it next to the staires . like all the framed crap...on their way to the attic...when we have the time to put it all up...mind you we are so busy...
She could open up her own brocante!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Good point. It's excruciating watching. As one man to another (well three)...really? Why would you?
Nibbles wouldn't even tempt me. It really is a difference between the sexes. I can't even muster that kind of enthusiasm for my own gifts at birthdays and Christmas (I am not ungrateful) Maybe that is the attraction, their own families don't show enthusiasm, so they send off their heirlooms to Steph as she shows proper orgasmic enthusiasm and it's on TV! That will show their ungrateful relatives.
It bothers me as well. Mrs. G has beautiful curly hair...it's what first attracted me to her. I feel very torn when I see Selmar's hair 🤣
Same here. Men are generally unenthusiastic to receive gifts unless they really wanted them (like a new vehicle :cool: ).
I also know a few women who are equally unenthused by gifts.

These Cadeaux shows are nothing less than SJ trying to live out her princess dreams, where people from all over the world lavish her with gifts, pay homage to her, and write well wishes, while her subjects (superfans and flying monkeys) watch in awe. After all, she deserves them all because she lives in a castle.

maxresdefault (4).jpg

princess.png

I can imagine how she sends out memos for when they need to film for Cadeaux.

MEMO

To: All Lalanders (except Marie Wiik)

Date: April 19, 2021

Re: Filming for Cadeaux GAG

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are filming for Cadeaux on April 24 (Sunday) at 5:00PM in the Grand Salon.

Dress code for each will be as follows:
Selmar, dress up like the Mad Hatter.
Philip, wear something respectable (not your granny's jacket, please.)
Steve, wear something that makes you look slimmer.
Natti, wear something red and your old new pair of left-foot boots. Do not outshine me! I repeat, do not ever outshine me.

Sarah won't be at the filming but she will prepare the food. I want wine, tea, and anything PP is allergic to.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
SJ has gained 268 new patrons in 17 days. An increase of $1,957. IN 17 days! Say what you want, she knows how to work it. I'd be happy with the $1,957 :) But, then I'd have to enjoy being on video which I detest with a passion.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.