The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does have a type... Bet bag boy would fit in nicely into the line up...
YES. They must be breathing and be male ... extra browny points if they have plenty of €€$$££ (and being heterosexual helps - but not 100% necessary).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if the ‘romance’ Princess Porky Mitts is selling doesn’t have more to do with being unaccountable than anything else, living a life that other people pay for, yes, but also not having to be responsible or accountable to anyone. Is that the dream? Do or say what you want, use and take advantage of people, deny any uncomfortable truths. What’s worse are the Stephfenders, who have their own financial or emotional investment to protect. They love to row up that river of da Nile with their princess!

Speaking of romance, I always thought it was so sweet how the two people in the painting are holding hands. So special!
I have been attempting to figure out whether this is a characterization of SJ and her father or of MPotts. I cannot figure out what her father must have been thinking when he painted this…I’d like to know what a psychologist would say.

Reactions: 12
Tilted the pic of DJ so his face was straight and a tried couple of different transparency levels
(the eyebrows were off in the other one)
.. and which ever way you look at it the resemblance is remarkable
I agree. I think they look very similar, in their skin and hair colour as well. In the few pictures of Derek when he was older, you can also see a strong resemblance, even though DJ had a beard. Also, according to GG, IJ's words to him were "take photos of your father's paintings"; she would not have said that to him if DJ was only S's father. Why would G have to be taller? DJ doesn't look very tall and SJ isn't tall; GG's mother may have been short, too. And no, it doesn't really matter, just adds to the intrigue and we have speculated about lots of things/people connected to the charlatan chatelaine! It would also explain why they took GG to live with them. He also has an Irish surname (maybe from a stepfather) and DJ moved from Ireland to Scotland so maybe GG's mother had also moved.

Last edited:
I have been attempting to figure out whether this is a characterization of SJ and her father or of MPotts. I cannot figure out what her father must have been thinking when he painted this…I’d like to know what a psychologist would say.
I always understood it to be Derek and Isabelle. Not sure the significance of the thrown away condom.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Only because she has lied about it. Why hide it?
I'm not sure she has lied about it, though. She has always referred to him as "my brother", not "my adopted brother" and DJ could still have rescued him from playing with matches on a street, already knowing he was his son and being concerned about how he was living/behaving so managed to persuade IJ to agree (that must have been difficult although he was cheap labour!).

Reactions: 8
I agree. I think they look very similar, in their skin and hair colour as well. In the few pictures of Derek when he was older, you can also see a strong resemblance, even though DJ had a beard. Also, according to GG, IJ's words to him were "take photos of your father's paintings"; she would not have said that to him if DJ was only S's father. Why would G have to be taller? DJ doesn't look very tall and SJ isn't tall; GG's mother may have been short, too. And no, it doesn't really matter, just adds to the intrigue and we have speculated about lots of things/people connected to the charlatan chatelaine! It would also explain why they took GG to live with them. He also has an Irish surname (maybe from a stepfather) and DJ moved from Ireland to Scotland so maybe GG's mother had also moved.
Single child or not, how come in over a decade SSB has never bothered to ask Potts to photograph all of DJ's artwork and keep a proper digital record of it? How come she hasn't framed them all yet? How many paintings are there? Did she even care about them before being on TV?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
bc it is his whole name Arthur Eric Rowton Gil
Apologies, Gibson, he just always used Eric and is always referred to as Eric in books and I admit I didn't know his first name was Arthur. He may have had a questionable private life but he, unlike DJ was a very talented artist and sculptor.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if the ‘romance’ Princess Porky Mitts is selling doesn’t have more to do with being unaccountable than anything else, living a life that other people pay for, yes, but also not having to be responsible or accountable to anyone. Is that the dream? Do or say what you want, use and take advantage of people, deny any uncomfortable truths. What’s worse are the Stephfenders, who have their own financial or emotional investment to protect. They love to row up that river of da Nile with their princess!

Speaking of romance, I always thought it was so sweet how the two people in the painting are holding hands. So special!

Is that Scotsman akka as Gerry in the painting? Perhaps all the conjecture has some truth and one can analyze it as should have worn a condom/or did. We will never know what exactly he was thinking when the paintings were created.

Reactions: 10
Actually, I find the “American grannies“ phrase amusing. Since I am not a granny myself...just American. 😉 No offense taken.
OTOH, Many of us in the US are well-read, well-traveled, dress well and appropriately, have manners, are physically fit and can be friendly and social without being, irritating, cloying or touchy-feely. 😊

❤ Your avatar btw.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I as an American would say your comment is partially correct. Part of our country are the things you state, the other are the complete opposite. Uneducated, don't have a passport, buy their clothes at Walmart and look like they just got out of bed, don't have any manners and are grossly overweight and aren't overly social unless it's a gun rally.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I think especially at Begmania..they have a serious problem with their image ..who wanne stay at their guesthouse..especially from the continent..those patreons, as we call them flying monkeys... from America , above 70 will never be able to come..so you have to rent out to the french, dutch, belgian , english etc..when they google and see the vlogs the dont even want to go there......
Just amazed that anyone would still contribute after taking over a month long vacation with no content. Sure, living and working at the same place can be taxing and one deserves a break.....but a month long in a foreign country while strangers foot the bill? His content is supposed to be about the renovation at the chateau as outlined on his patreon page, not exploits in his personal life. Who cares if he got a personal trainer or what sites were seen while on holiday, it's just throwing his entitled experience into the faces of those who support him that he got to travel for a month for free without providing them what he promised for their contribution.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Another one of the ETTCDIY couples has jumped on the funding bandwagon with a very modest target of €100,000!

Can't abide when these things are set up because "our followers asked." And clearly these two have family money backing them because who could afford to buy that property in their early thirties otherwise?
She is a trained doctor. Get a JOB!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She is a trained doctor. Get a JOB!
Exactly! If you can't afford the upkeep of the chateau, then you can't afford to live there and are not the best person to "maintain" the building. It's so frustrating watch!

To make matters worse, they don't even provide any content or videos - they are asking the public to finance their private home/vanity project 😡

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Just amazed that anyone would still contribute after taking over a month long vacation with no content. Sure, living and working at the same place can be taxing and one deserves a break.....but a month long in a foreign country while strangers foot the bill? His content is supposed to be about the renovation at the chateau as outlined on his patreon page, not exploits in his personal life. Who cares if he got a personal trainer or what sites were seen while on holiday, it's just throwing his entitled experience into the faces of those who support him that he got to travel for a month for free without providing them what he promised for their contribution.
All agents ...

But this man a cocktail 🍸 on sight
🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️

Philip looks so much better with hair.
Fixed it. (Sorry. It was a weak moment for me.)

But speaking of BJJ. As much as we don't care (like) him, there is something sad about SJ's fans not liking him. Where is the life, the love and the snorting laughter?
Ah. C'est la vie.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
From "Making my father's dream come true".
These comments would go over so much better if they made sense. All youtubers use each other to gain views. MP and SJ have squeezed all they need out of each other, and have moved on.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.