The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SGirl aka Stephanie jarvis is all over danā€™s comment section responding to the questions asking about what has happened to Cameron ( who evidently has not been at the crispy chĆ¢teau for a while, and has not been seen on camera working with Nick) look at her responses to questions about where is cameron.

user-jh8jr5id2c

8 hours ago
What happened to Nickā€™s ā€œsonā€ Cameron? Our favourite team member

@Sgirl
5 hours ago
He doesn't work with them anymore. I guess he wasn't everyone's favorite team member.

@Sgirl
5 hours ago
No. Cameron doesn't work with them anymore

@Sgirl
6 hours ago
He doesn't work with them anymore
@Sgirl
5 hours ago
Cameron isn't there. He doesn't work with them anymore.

@aarongoonan
11 hours ago
where is Cameron?

@Sgirl
5 hours ago
Somewhere else

@user-vz5xf5js1x
6 hours ago
Where is Cameron? Off doing his own thing? Doesnā€™t have the right skill set for this part of the renovation? A falling out????

@Sgirl
5 hours ago
He wants to work with trees, not construction.
This really annoys me. At the end she says Cameron prefers to work with trees. However, she was initially quite happy to cast aspersions, saying he wasn't everyone's favourite team member . . . inferring Cameron didn't fit in/was not liked by the others. Such a nasty, tit stirring witch.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
This sounds lovely and I like your idea of a international theme for your tea. Enjoy! I love meals where you can just keep picking at it.
Thanks, they are our fave as well. Gorgeous nibbly bits for the win! And I forgot the most important bit, the TEA. Now here is where I am going to lose a bunch of y'all, but I'm going to chalk it up to cultural differences.

It is currently 93F, 33C at almost 5pm, so I serve tea iced. Tomorrow we are having mint iced tea for the savory, then I got the "Queen Charlotte Tea" from Republic of Tea, it is a limited edition for the show I'm serving with the sweets. This one is a vanilla fruit rooiboos that I'm certain will be gorgeous iced!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks, they are our fave as well. Gorgeous nibbly bits for the win! And I forgot the most important bit, the TEA. Now here is where I am going to lose a bunch of y'all, but I'm going to chalk it up to cultural differences.

It is currently 93F, 33C at almost 5pm, so I serve tea iced. Tomorrow we are having mint iced tea for the savory, then I got the "Queen Charlotte Tea" from Republic of Tea, it is a limited edition for the show I'm serving with the sweets. This one is a vanilla fruit rooiboos that I'm certain will be gorgeous iced!
Not me, the reason why I do not drink coffee or tea is because I prefer cold drinks. So, for me, ice tea is actually good. I also make some iced coffee during summer too once in a while with cream in it. (all homemade, I do not buy premade stuff too much sugar in them)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not me, the reason why I do not drink coffee or tea is because I prefer cold drinks. So, for me, ice tea is actually good. I also make some iced coffee during summer too once in a while with cream in it. (all homemade, I do not buy premade stuff too much sugar in them)
I LOVE Iced Tea, and homemade is the only way to go! I have to be careful not to have too many teas in stock so I make sure I use all of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan posted a few seconds of Elsa and her 7 puppies at the end of the video he posted an hour ago.

Click to see them.

anitagrigel9821
24 minutes ago
The puppies looks like real Bordercollies

mandyw242
25 minutes ago
Puppies are so cute, as you donā€™t know how momma got pregnant are you sure that Anna is actually a girl

@jmk1962
47 minutes ago
7 puppies and yeah I don't believe Dan didn't notice. Elsa was sleeping a lot and not running around as much as Anna. I reckon Dan did notice and never said anything until they were born to make it more of a story and get more views. Surely he must have felt the pups when he strokes the dogs at the end of the day

@Mr19377
1 hour ago
Please give mama dog some extra nutrients, kalsium etc. She is hardly grown to her adult size and now has to feed so many babys. Please take better care for your dogs.

natalielong2713
1 hour ago
That is a big litter of puppies.

@jmk1962
58 minutes ago
Especially as Elsa is still a pup herself. I don't think she's even 1 yet.
emoji_u1f622.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I was thinking about how I'd redo my one room love shack in Cap d'Adge and made the mistake of Googling it. It's been discussed here previously, the nudist and swinger reputation the place has had since the 60s, the redoubt for working class Parisians who can't afford the Cote d'Azur.
Just the place I'd buy an apartment for my precious daughter if I were pervy Derek.
I am putting that -- as well as the massacre of Beziers -- aside and thinking about how to spend a lot of money on a nice little place in the Languedoc.
First, a motorized white awning over the terrace I can push a button to fold back when I leave. An outdoor shower for sand removal with bathing suit drying, perhaps arranged as a wind sock to create patio "art" by taking advantage of the sirocco. Bathing suits blowing in the breeze, festive. Good white patio dining table and white cushioned chairs foldable into a locked white shed. Good retractable clothesline as sea air dried bed clothes are one of life's real pleasures. In other words, I'd make the patio a whole nother room. Sun powered LED candle lanterns, plain white globes.
I don't know how you'd do a scent room. Without overwhelming stank, that is. But see the thing about Languedoc is sun-warmed rock and wild herbs and Cathars. Nothing solid except the unbelievable stony resilience and heart-breakingly gallant troubador transcendentalism of Occitanie. Did you say,@C'est moi, the sirocco prevails? I think, perhaps, postcard sized botanical drawings, ink on white, of the scrubland herbs, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and savory. Bath soap in those scents.
I'd spend good money on a big white wet bathroom, multiple showerheads, big enough for two, a linen closet full of good big hand-loomed Moroccan bath towels, a cleaning closet full of shower cleaning squeegees, herb-scented cleaning liquids, buckets, rags, swiffers with washable terrycloth heads, and perhaps a little wet vac.
I'd plan a ship's galley like landing strip by the door, with shoe storage, beach blanket, furniture, and tote storage, sunglasses, hats, SPF lotion, toys, picnic equipment, back packs, farmers' market string bags, etc.
I'd install as big a good Murphy bed as money can buy, with pillow and linen storage. Old French linen sheets and pillowcases, cotton blanket. Generous bedside lamps for readers in bed. Little bookshelves regularly purged.
Ship's galley kitchen, oven, and implements. White. I'd install a grill on a two-burner hob and superior ventilation to rid the tiny space of daily multiple fish cooking smells. A normal sized kitchen sink with spray faucets for my farmers' market fish and vegetables. Minimsl undercounter refrigerator. Low tech French press coffeepot, you barbarians, easy to keep clean with my locally made Manfred Savonnerie la Brique biodegradable coconut oil dish soap, and nice old cafe au lait bowls. Dinnerware for four, no more, from Le Poterie Not, including a diable to honor north Africa just across the water, and a massive white-glazed cassole, looking like a tagine, for the fruit and veg of the day, which, with the flapping bathing suits and herb drawings would be the only decoration. Zitoun Tunisian crackled glass opaline tumblers, no stemware, you barbarians. French naval mess kit cutlery for renters and the $2,500 locked-down white bone handled Laguiol flatware for me. You want shopping? I will teach you shopping. Big white damask napkins from the brocunt, a clean one for each meal, no napkin rings, you barbarians. Plain white tray to carry it all to the patio table.
I would install an owner's locked closet for personal goodies.
I'd install a vacuum system for complete sand control.
In loving memory of the wonderful Ermengarde of Narbonne, whose generosity gave rise to the troubadours, magnificent white homespun flax draperies, ceiling to floor, and plain white cotton voile inner curtains. A nice built in stereo system with Spotify's troubador playlist. Also the 60s French yeye girls playlist.
A pale stone floor, no skid, no carpet, silky, clean and cool for bare feet.
Nothing else. Some flowers, maybe, once in a while.
@billybudd your vision for a Mediterranean pied de terre sounds quite perfect. So many times we see these places with kitschy seaside decor, lots of blue, yellow and white, anchors and fishing nets! Yours would be a study in total coastal relaxation. Book me a month in September.

I suspect that nothing has changed in this apartment since it was purchased. Maybe even since it was built. They often change hands with the furniture in situ. If you check out Airbnb for studio appartements in Cap d'Agde, you will find far more stylish examples and better looked after than fanny's.

The dominant winds are the Cers (also known as the tramontan) and the Marin. The Cers is the one that blows the most, for more than two-thirds of the year! The Scirocco not so much, that's more over to Marseille.

Here's an explanation of the winds that blow across the Narbonnais part of the Languedoc

I see that Chateau de Gaudanes - chateaugaudanes on Instagram - have been showing off their gorgeous Freres Not pottery dinner service. Just so stylish and subtly embossed

1715811026043.png

1715810974635.png

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This really annoys me. At the end she says Cameron prefers to work with trees. However, she was initially quite happy to cast aspersions, saying he wasn't everyone's favourite team member . . . inferring Cameron didn't fit in/was not liked by the others. Such a nasty, tit stirring witch.
I reckon it's a combination of not liking anyone other than her to be the favourite and he was probably onto her and didn't like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I reckon it's a combination of not liking anyone other than her to be the favourite and he was probably onto her and didn't like her.
Which does make me wonder what Nic really thinks of SJ; he doesn't appear to have gone back, but he's also running his own business so needs to keep contracts on-side.

Reactions: 20
I think we can all safely guess that grandma had her own place. But if she had 6 children, presumably the property was not sold and they still can all use it OR it was and Isabel pocketed her share of the inheritance. I am sure we will learn in due course that Daddy's flat is either owned by Isabel to avoid inheritance tax for Fanny or it is in some kind of trust. You never hear her say tax bill....because my guess is that the accountant has been dismissed.
I think that one of the brothers is living in it. With his family? It's possible he could have bought out his siblings share. It's also possible that an arrangement was made with the mother for him to live out his days there? Maybe he was grandmamas carer before she went into the home. It is a largish property, it could be that a one bedroom flat has been made out of some of the rooms and that is where tonton and twotonne are staying. Hence fanny's mention of there only being one bedroom. Maybe whoever it is that lives in the house didn't want to be filmed. Someone was inside while fanny was filming tonton and twotonne in the garden, whoever it was turned the interior lights off so they wouldn't be picked up on camera. Watch it again, you'll see.
---
She is not amusing but a dangerous fool.
Was she gathering deadly nightshade flowers?
Absolutely no idea what the plant is yet thinks it's ok to harvest it. I'm guessing she was picking the invasive comfrey family blue flowered plant that has very hairy leaves.
now if Snorts could dye them and make his own hair system. VIOLA!
I don't think it was deadly nightshade. It looked like a groundhugging weed with a sapphire blue flower we used to call Speedwell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Snorts will be giving the squirrel taxidermy to Anna and Ed for their passion project after they gave him the taxi tree, expect a visitation voig from Booooorrrrrdooooo soon, Fanny needs more content and to pick their brains about wedding planning at a chateau so she can copy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Out of curiosity I looked on Danā€™s Patreon today. 5 patreon vlogs in one year for the ā‚¬100k he has received from them. I recall him stating he was building a website where people could Ā« help Ā» prior to the patreon grift - I suppose he couldnā€™t be bothered.
@tarteauxfruits maybe you could help me with a query. Could Isabelle be off-loading the flat down south and perhaps her share of the Grandma's flat to her daughter to avoid death duties? Does France have death duties?
Pity the wonderful Yebo;) isn't around to help sort out the South African situation!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
@tarteauxfruits maybe you could help me with a query. Could Isabelle be off-loading the flat down south and perhaps her share of the Grandma's flat to her daughter to avoid death duties? Does France have death duties?
Pity the wonderful Yebo;) isn't around to help sort out the South African situation!
Well at least one tattler could answer south France questions at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The editing is usually dreadful. He is completely unskilled except for knowing how to get other people to finance his life; accommodate; feed; and give him pocket money for toys from the brocantes and porcelain shops.
---

I suppose that's one good thing for us to contemplate: PJ's future life. Fanny will be a nightmare to support when she's over 60. Think Bette Davis/Baby Jane. Plus, when she expires, if he's still around, he will, no doubt, be living in an even more derelict and crumbling building, friendless and grumpy, with lots of tablecloths and plates but no one to entertain. He and Fanny will have used up most of the money so he won't be able to employ cooks, cleaners and building contractors. Unless he's found a rich sugar daddy, that is. His future may seem bright to him just now but it won't be quite so good in ten or twenty years' time.
None of her men have lasted 10 years have they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.