The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are the types of tablecloths we’ve had in most of the beach holiday rentals in France over the years.
I spent hours looking at Provencal tablecloths in Avignon some years ago. I eventually decided on one to buy. Having got it home, I hardly ever used it as it didn't really look right. You can get carried away by local products sometimes. The cloths look lovely in Provence out on a terrace in the sunshine, but not so good in my flat!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
My God:

@deanviewofachateaumybandbi7899
1 hour ago
Shame you haven't got a table cloth to fit and no outside furniture.

View attachment 2936587
@annieterminetschuppon7232
1 hour ago
You should built a pergola over the terrace to use it as outside dinner fitting all year seasonal.

View attachment 2936588
@annieterminetschuppon7232
1 hour ago
Your next revamping projectView attachment 2936589

View attachment 2936590
@kirsten4887
1 hour ago
Would make a great honeymoon shack View attachment 2936591
---
hanahan6327
4 hours ago
What does Philip do for a living

View attachment 2936608
@TheChateauDiaries

1 hour ago
He works for me, as my filming and editing assistant
---
View attachment 2936610
@rosariofernandez-rodriguez7122
4 hours ago
Philip look like Harrison Ford in Indianas Jones Movie…..enjoy your trip.View attachment 2936611View attachment 2936612

His job title just got a hell of a lot smaller.. I thought he was Project Manager, educator to Amaury when it came to paneling, Curator of Chateau tat.. Shop keeper of the dusty shop... and editor.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Out of curiosity I looked on Dan’s Patreon today. 5 patreon vlogs in one year for the €100k he has received from them. I recall him stating he was building a website where people could « help » prior to the patreon grift - I suppose he couldn’t be bothered.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
I love watercress - it was my only craving when I was expecting our firstborn - watercress with lemon juice and prawns! Love watercress with cheese too and as an accompaniment to a steak, with char grilled tomato. Egg and cress, cream cheese and cress or cheddar cheese and cress and smoked salmon and cress sandwiches in wholemeal bread with lightly salted butter -yum yum! Salmon terrine and watercress - I'm salivating.
Be warned, if you ever buy the packaged watercress which is described as "washed", don't believe it. An ex-colleague of mine once had a partner who had worked, when a student, at the famous watercress beds in Hampshire. The conditions people had to work in were disgusting and workers never washed their hands after using the filthy loos, and then packing the watercress. It's probably safer to have the small pots of tiny leafed cress that children sometimes grow!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Be warned, if you ever buy the packaged watercress which is Funnil as "washed", don't believe it. An ex-colleague of mine once had a partner who had worked, when a student, at the famous watercress beds in Hampshire. The conditions people had to work in were disgusting and workers never washed their hands after using the filthy loos, and then packing the watercress. It's probably safer to have the small pots of tiny leafed watercress that children sometimes grow!
I prefer the bunches of watercress which I always wash in salted water. I don't like the prepackaged stuff as it always seems to look slimy in the bag. Funnily enough, I sowed mustard and cress on cottonwool in an egg shell (with a face drawn on the shell.) with my 2 yr old grandson this afternoon!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
His job title just got a hell of a lot smaller.. I thought he was Project Manager, educator to Amaury when it came to paneling, Curator of Chateau tat.. Shop keeper of the dusty shop... and editor.
Plus his editing was mainly the GAG channel, which is finished. He used to hold the camera and film Fanny, but she's mostly back to doing that herself. He holds the camera when she's sat doing the patreon intro or the infomercials, but that could be done with a tripod, with no snorting or interjections.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I didnt think they could get worse.... but they did. That bad taxidermy???? More crap to fill up the studio. An engagement present??? They brought from the farmhouse?? Also "Daddy" bought the studio not Mummy and Daddy. Strange paintings, not the usual style. And no patio furniture??? For 20 years???? You know they never get rid of anything... Fanny and Nick used to sleep in the bunk beds??? They were a couple then??? And for heavens sake, get a proper shower installed, cheap ass.
On the patreon vlog she said something like..her father had bought it in order for her to be closer to her grandmother. She never said he bought it for her grandmother. I'm wondering if grandma had her own place and this one bed flat is a halfway house. A meeting place between UK & grandmas own gaff. If so IJ may be the only one to inherit it or even SJ.

Reactions: 12
I watch these two youtube knitters in Norway -- Arne and Carlos. They mentioned they could not get their dogs neutered as it was illegal in their country,

I found this online: In Norway routine neutering is downright illegal meaning that around 99% of all dogs in Norway are left intact.
I cannot wrap my head around that one...
It is true. The Norwegian Dog Act is a very strict and quite detailed law that goes beyond the regular animal welfare laws and regulations and the latest version was approved by parliament two years ago when the current government took power, after 10 years of discussions which started immediately after the previous version was put in place. It is, as expected, a heated subject here, with participation of animal rights activists, dog owners, dog lovers, kennels, breeders, police, veterinarians, researchers and public health agencies.

In Norway castration of dogs is considered animal abuse. Not that of cats and other small animals like rabbits.

Norwegian Dog Act follows studies that consider castration extreme damaging for the dogs wellbeing and source of many health problems. To castrate a dog the owner needs a medical or behavioral reason and the approval of veterinarians. Service dogs can be castrated.

I know it is a shock to most countries where spaying and neutering of dogs is the rule. However, it is very cultural and socially specific. You have to consider that there are no animal shelters full of abandoned dogs in Norway, there are no stray dogs on the streets and rules for dog owning is very, very strict. This last version of the Dog Act made it even more strict.

It doesn’t mean that dogs are not being castrated everyday for medical reason or that all dogs on the streets and parks aren’t castrated. Loads of Norwegians buy or adopt their dogs from European Union and they come into Norway already castrated. Adoptions of dogs from Spain and the Balkans are common.

I considered getting a dog several times but I refused to buy a dog from breeders. I wanted to adopt a dog and there are no dogs to adopt around here. None. People fight over an orphaned dog, when their humans died or something. When our kids were younger I considered adopting one from a Norwegian run shelter in Spain that prepared the dogs to come to Norway, with all the detailed documentation and vaccines needed certified in Norwegian. I used to donate to the shelter and fell for several of their lovely dogs but in the end we never managed to go to Spain to get a dog.

If you consider the Norwegian motives, there are as many reasons to not castrate, as there are reasons to castrate when dogs are abandoned and abused by the hundreds on the streets. That is not the Norwegian reality though. Doesn’t mean Norway doesn’t have serious, really serious, animal welfare problems, because we do have tons of animal abuse problems to resolve. Together with Japan we are the only countries in the planet to hunt and eat whales, even if it is getting more and more rare to find a restaurant that serves whales. Finally. And we hunt our wolves cruelly and we are too complacent with farm animal abuse, specially the evil industrial chicken, eggs and pig farming for starters. Anyway, it is damn complicated.

But let’s talk sweet and cute Ratso and Elsa and Anna, how unlucky they are to have such evil parents…

thanks for another exciting thread dear @ComtesseRose

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I spent hours looking at Provencal tablecloths in Avignon some years ago. I eventually decided on one to buy. Having got it home, I hardly ever used it as it didn't really look right. You can get carried away by local products sometimes. The cloths look lovely in Provence out on a terrace in the sunshine, but not so good in my flat!
I know the hours I spent looking as well but I didn’t buy one as I had nothing in those colours or patterns in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In UK, usually, the watercress are used 3 ways, salad, soup or in egg salad sandwiches. I had never had watercress before moving to UK. I like it in salad personally.
Do wash it carefully. Liver flukes…
I live very near watercress beds and use it for the above and more. It is delicious.
I have also grown land cress, fiddly to harvest and even used the’ weed’ bitter cress , even more fiddly to harvest and prepare.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Be warned, if you ever buy the packaged watercress which is described as "washed", don't believe it. An ex-colleague of mine once had a partner who had worked, when a student, at the famous watercress beds in Hampshire. The conditions people had to work in were disgusting and workers never washed their hands after using the filthy loos, and then packing the watercress. It's probably safer to have the small pots of tiny leafed cress that children sometimes grow!
This came in bunches, not prepackaged. I washed it in my salad spinner and rolled it in slightly damp paper towels. Fingers crossed it lasts!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
They break all the time because the Princess can’t afford large rugs for her home with either stone or tile floors. Drop it once, bye bye.
Snorts the Smugtwat. Who is supposed to be an expert in all things crystal stores is glasses on their rims. Idiot.

Why did pretentious Fanny call the nasty bookshelf in the studio flat a library?

I think the Dogchef food was maybe for Molly?
Fanny is using the Royal canine stuff.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I was thinking about how I'd redo my one room love shack in Cap d'Adge and made the mistake of Googling it. It's been discussed here previously, the nudist and swinger reputation the place has had since the 60s, the redoubt for working class Parisians who can't afford the Cote d'Azur.
Just the place I'd buy an apartment for my precious daughter if I were pervy Derek.
I am putting that -- as well as the massacre of Beziers -- aside and thinking about how to spend a lot of money on a nice little place in the Languedoc.
First, a motorized white awning over the terrace I can push a button to fold back when I leave. An outdoor shower for sand removal with bathing suit drying, perhaps arranged as a wind sock to create patio "art" by taking advantage of the sirocco. Bathing suits blowing in the breeze, festive. Good white patio dining table and white cushioned chairs foldable into a locked white shed. Good retractable clothesline as sea air dried bed clothes are one of life's real pleasures. In other words, I'd make the patio a whole nother room. Sun powered LED candle lanterns, plain white globes.
I don't know how you'd do a scent room. Without overwhelming stank, that is. But see the thing about Languedoc is sun-warmed rock and wild herbs and Cathars. Nothing solid except the unbelievable stony resilience and heart-breakingly gallant troubador transcendentalism of Occitanie. Did you say,@C'est moi, the sirocco prevails? I think, perhaps, postcard sized botanical drawings, ink on white, of the scrubland herbs, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and savory. Bath soap in those scents.
I'd spend good money on a big white wet bathroom, multiple showerheads, big enough for two, a linen closet full of good big hand-loomed Moroccan bath towels, a cleaning closet full of shower cleaning squeegees, herb-scented cleaning liquids, buckets, rags, swiffers with washable terrycloth heads, and perhaps a little wet vac.
I'd plan a ship's galley like landing strip by the door, with shoe storage, beach blanket, furniture, and tote storage, sunglasses, hats, SPF lotion, toys, picnic equipment, back packs, farmers' market string bags, etc.
I'd install as big a good Murphy bed as money can buy, with pillow and linen storage. Old French linen sheets and pillowcases, cotton blanket. Generous bedside lamps for readers in bed. Little bookshelves regularly purged.
Ship's galley kitchen, oven, and implements. White. I'd install a grill on a two-burner hob and superior ventilation to rid the tiny space of daily multiple fish cooking smells. A normal sized kitchen sink with spray faucets for my farmers' market fish and vegetables. Minimsl undercounter refrigerator. Low tech French press coffeepot, you barbarians, easy to keep clean with my locally made Manfred Savonnerie la Brique biodegradable coconut oil dish soap, and nice old cafe au lait bowls. Dinnerware for four, no more, from Le Poterie Not, including a diable to honor north Africa just across the water, and a massive white-glazed cassole, looking like a tagine, for the fruit and veg of the day, which, with the flapping bathing suits and herb drawings would be the only decoration. Zitoun Tunisian crackled glass opaline tumblers, no stemware, you barbarians. French naval mess kit cutlery for renters and the $2,500 locked-down white bone handled Laguiol flatware for me. You want shopping? I will teach you shopping. Big white damask napkins from the brocunt, a clean one for each meal, no napkin rings, you barbarians. Plain white tray to carry it all to the patio table.
I would install an owner's locked closet for personal goodies.
I'd install a vacuum system for complete sand control.
In loving memory of the wonderful Ermengarde of Narbonne, whose generosity gave rise to the troubadours, magnificent white homespun flax draperies, ceiling to floor, and plain white cotton voile inner curtains. A nice built in stereo system with Spotify's troubador playlist. Also the 60s French yeye girls playlist.
A pale stone floor, no skid, no carpet, silky, clean and cool for bare feet.
Nothing else. Some flowers, maybe, once in a while.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I am confused. How long ago did IJ meet Percy? Are there four years of CD?? Because the early ones she had not met him yet. So how could IJ and Percy go.south to see granny? If granny died six years ago? Can someone find the vlog where IJ and Fanny were at the tiny studio? As was mentioned in a comment which would prove she is lying that she had not been there. I get a headache with all the lies and timeline confusion.
Much of what Fanny says is her version of reality and what she thinks her viewers will believe.
Fanny said her father bought that place in 1999 so that she would have somewhere to stay when visiting her grandmother.
This was from the patron flog, thank you Tuffiti.

If that place she showed us was where Isable and five other children grew up, how many bedrooms does it have.
How old were all the aunts and uncles when Fanny was given the flat ?(
Surely they would have left home and there would be a bedroom fro Fanny at her grandmother
How old would Fanny have been when she was given the flat ? 24!? She would have just been recently divorced?
Fanny tells us in last nights flog that she would come to this apartment regularly with her parents AND NICK…so was Nick her boyfriend before , after or during her marriage ?
Why does Nick have his own bedroom at the Beach house in SA, as she was in a relationship with Potty which is why they ended up in SA?

Snorts , the cat that got the cream.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
@MagpieSassyPants . Here'a link to lots of good watercress recipes if you are looking for something other. than salads, soup or sarnies! I like the look of the peppery barbecued chicken.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have European style butter from Central Market, it is pretty good for butter from the USA, and I actually have a bunch of radishes as well. I am a bit confused by your comment, however. Are you saying to add radishes to the sandwich?

The bread is set, I just did my last grocery pick up with this whole shebang, as it is supposed to pour tomorrow. As far as bread, I am working with Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Sliced Wheat, artisanal bread neve crosses my mind. (Maybe when the next part of the series is released?)

The recipes I have seen have resembled your recommendation, but I am intrigued by the egg salad version, too. I love compound butter either way and will def make some using the stems. Thanks for the idea.
Oh, no radishes in the watercress sandwich. The French eat radishes with butter, which is a really good idea, the peppery crunch and the creamy ....I was just thinking that the mouth feel and flavor of watercress and butter would be in the same ball park.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That's kind of what drives me wild. He has no talent except upstaging Fanny (running after the late chickens syndrome). She thinks giving him risible yet humiliating titles ("my filming and editing assistant", what human with any balls at all would accept such a dis?) gives him a bella figura, and he thinks driving his sugar mama's second-hand Porsche, imposing his non-existent taste in tablecloths, in snippy terms, on a €26K shithole which needs a new bathroom and kitchen, not following through on his shop, painting his nails and head, make him acceptable, much less attractive? Nothing he does or says is attractive.
What attracts a narc is your doormat qualities.
Now there's a talent.
She has said from her hospital bed he is the kindest person she ever met, a major narc supply requirement. It jibes with checklists for the narc supply candidate. What Pheeph glaringly does not have is the being a trophy partner -- my relative, a four- or five-time narc supply role-player, had elegant credentials (from a narc mentor and decades of hard work), no boundaries and a powerful connection need.
I think Pheeph has no boundaries (hence his slipping in to others' accents, clothes, cars, jewelry, pants, apartments, personnae), a powerful connection need (I still am not over the way he stroked his lady desk chair). The credential or trophy aspect of someone who, we decided, called himself Smol Puppy O Love, is entirely beyond me.
Omg! I'm blown away I could not love this singer more!
---
In UK, usually, the watercress are used 3 ways, salad, soup or in egg salad sandwiches. I had never had watercress before moving to UK. I like it in salad personally.
A must in egg mayo sarnies!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.