The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What fancy car are they driving now as I have not watched in a while and realised it wasn’t the trusty fiesta but seems like a huge suv?

Reactions: 17
That hat was too small... it sat on his head like a plant pot.
square head, round hole
---
In Cap d’Agde Philip ate pizza with cheese and also ice cream later. Most people with nut allergies also have stone fruit (peaches) allergies. Fanny called the olive tree a Philip death tree ( again, his fake allergies) We have seen him scoffing down all things prepared with olive oil for years.
---

I think they are just friendly slaves. Grant has the horn for Fanny a la Boring Canuck Steve.
---

Both guys still think they can get it in with Stephanie because Philip is clearly ridiculous.
it was an Almond tree they called the death tree
---
@Lovelifealways16
8 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie I do love you, but can the channel please go back to videos on the chateau and it’s restoration. Personally I feel the channel has become too off track. Can we please have less on travel, there are so many travel channels already out there. What is happening with the on the grand salon, the walled garden etc.
emoji_u1f49c.png
emoji_u1f60a.png

d3wiNlWxj31kqGiZl5lbue2k=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@kindlydude
6 minutes ago
She just gave you a tour of the gazebo & walled garden ...what's wrong with traveling around France ...or Europe? There are many blockades to getting the work done ...people who have been watching longer than I know what they are ...one thing leads to the other. And when things resolve themselves she vlogs about it ...al in good time ...this is a lifetime project! <3

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I'm with you. The last pair of really expensive shoes I had were white ones, which I desperately needed for a summer office dress which would tolerate nothing else, very difficult to pull off without looking like boats. So I shelled out for some gorgeous, slim open-toed and slightly block-, very high-, heeled Ferragamos. They were luscious.
Now you're talking... Ferragamos are luscious ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@kindlydude
6 minutes ago
She just gave you a tour of the gazebo & walled garden ...what's wrong with traveling around France ...or Europe? There are many blockades to getting the work done ...people who have been watching longer than I know what they are ...one thing leads to the other. And when things resolve themselves she vlogs about it ...al in good time ...this is a lifetime project! <3
Blockades? It sounds as if Lalande is besieged and in a perilous, beleaguered situation. Man the barricades, chaps, lest professional contractors (bar the chapel restorers) gain entry.

The “blockade’ is Stephanie, with her procrastination and the web of fantasy she has spun.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I thought Bally only made handbags.
Those shoes are what I would buy if my granddaughter was around 6 years ! Mind you ....... at Bally $$ no way would she get a pair !! o_O
They are made in Italy, not in the UK factory. But they do give off serious Strawberry Shortcake vibe á la @Iolair posting. For a much (much) younger clientele. I have "inspected" the shoes on the Bally website. The balance of the block-ish heel (not really a kitten heel) is going to throw her walking gait. It may look super groovey and trendy but her, alleged, gamey hip is going to suffer. As are her hammer toes. They will pinch and rub. Expect one outing and no more. Probably Chelsea. And she will, of course, pair them with completely the wrong outfit. The regret of wearing them will be written all over her face.
---
Quality materials and workmanship make for expensive leather goods. I wouldn't say comfort fits into the equation as many beautifully made shoes are quite uncomfortable. Also, brand names always come at a price. You can get very high quality shoes for a lot less than designer shoes. It depends on so much. I had a moment of madness a few months ago and ordered a pair of red patent leather double strap Mary Janes made in Italy. They were stunning! I was hoping they wouldn't fit and would be uncomfortable because they were ridiculously expensive for my budget. I let them sit until the last minute before I had to return them. I finally tried them on, they were so comfortable! I was shocked because normally Italian made shoes are too narrow for my feet. I still returned them because I knew I wouldn't wear them. They were just so pretty though! I have to restrain myself around shoes. I came to my senses and ordered a pair of basic black leather ballerina flats from a small family run Italian company. They were made in Spain, leather lined and unlike almost all other ballerina flats, they didn't cut into my high instep. They were still a bit expensive, but I take very good care of my shoes.
You can rest assured that fanny will not look after those shoes. They are made from high quality calf with the design printed onto the leather. I cannot imagine fanny getting and using the correct nourishing cream (I believe they call it balm now) for them. And I doubt Mr Director of Bally thought to pop a pot in the box before sending them to fanny. Sadly, and due in part to her skanky feet, the leather will wrinkle and split quite quickly. Another here today, gone tomorrow trophy for fanny. witch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Artichokes ARE a tricky beast. FRK claimed they were atop burrata, but, if the burrata looked like that (hence, the mystery cream sauce), well then, this was an abysmal flop and defeats the point of burrata- why not feature it as the star it is- atop a bed of greens, with tomato, fresh basil and a with balsamic reduction- keep the fried artichoke on the side. I don't get the pairing of broccoli puree with truffles- so weird and random- too many flavours going on (which the broccoli will overpower the truffle), and with the duck (which is already a strong dish- actually, the artichokes would have paired far better with it, and add a few roasted carrots to the potatoes. Roasted broccoli with garlic would have been a lovely side as well. Or a potato mash with the truffle.) Dessert did look good for a change (thank goodness it was not YET another pavlova!)
Agree.
Also, Marie is Norwegian and like most of us, I’d say 99% of us, we can not cook artichokes or don’t want to…
Artichokes are nowhere to be found in our gardens, markets, traditions, ideas, inspirations or cravings. Artichokes are only found in menus of very “bougie” (as my daughter says) Italian and French restaurants in Norway. Sometimes the more upscale supermarkets, or immigrant shops, carry them sell, packaged as a specialty. Otherwise it is just the canned or jarred thing to make pates or similars.
Not the same thing can be said about asparagus.
We love our asparagus, in all colors…

That being said, I must agree that she is out of her game completely. Even if she might get it right once or twice.
She has minimal knowledge, minimal training and her only experience is cooking international “tourist restaurant” food in a farm house in the vegetable garden region of France. A total waste.

I mean, she is in France and her priorities are totally wrong. She wastes her time making pasta, raviolis, risotto, sushi and pavlovas. Even her macarons were a waste of time because in France patisserie is a serious thing, a specialized field… it is easier and even cheaper to buy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
square head, round hole
---

it was an Almond tree they called the death tree
---
@Lovelifealways16
8 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie I do love you, but can the channel please go back to videos on the chateau and it’s restoration. Personally I feel the channel has become too off track. Can we please have less on travel, there are so many travel channels already out there. What is happening with the on the grand salon, the walled garden etc. View attachment 2944964View attachment 2944965

View attachment 2944966
@kindlydude
6 minutes ago
Whoopdy bleeping doo Kindlydude 🤘🙄.............
in the meantime go boil your head and
1716113285083.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
A thought about the comment which detailed how much Dan paid for Chateau Chaumont . . . 60 000 euros. I believe this amount could either be correct or close to correct. When you think about it Dan didn't buy a chateau, he bought a ruin. Essentially he purchased land with a ruin on it. The land on which the ruin stands is more valuable, at the moment, than what remains of the burnt out building.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I went down an internet rabbit hole about deep-fried artichokes and burrata, MariE’s latest ingredients’ marriage. Not an exhaustive search, I have to admit!

Deep-fried artichoke hearts are a big thing in Rome. There’s a (Sicilian) dish - burrata con carciofi - featuring artichokes and burrata. There are various variations of artichoke hearts served with burrata, but not deep-fried artichokes.

However, I found this recipe on an American website.

Whatever the recipe’s provenance, it was a pretty left-field combo to serve it in the middle of France.

I really wish she’d not look at IG,etc for “inspiration” and stick to the classics, using the plethora of fabulous quality locally-produced, seasonal vegetables.

Plus, rule number one of cooking: never, ever serve something you’ve never tasted yourself, much less cooked before, to guests. Particularly paying guests.

• Heart
I have no sympathy for the idiot Gruuuunt. Whatever his personal situation is, he is an absolute fool to entwine himself at the shitshow. His wife, maybe ex-wife, would be seeing lots of comments on Facebook or even here suggesting that he is screwing the chatelaine. Asking for respect for him because he is married, and his daughter is in situ is a bit rich. He is a publicity bleep just like his bed partner Stephanie Jarvis.

Edit: What's an Aussie bloke doing sucking up to a pretentious witch who pronounces his name Gruuunt? Who puts on the toff all the way from Framlingham. Usually, we take the piss with people like that and particularly with the kid from suburban Maastricht. Gruuunt wake up and get back here to reality.
That man is a weirdo, I never understood his presence in Lie Land from the start… I believe his wife kicked him out, his instagram gives crystal clear signs about the state of his relationship. I believe it all went downhill for the Hills after their family trip to Lie Land…

the man went from this, a quite proud family man showing the world to his family…

IMG_1018.jpeg

to this, a man looking sad and maybe sick? He looks very thin… anyway, he looks miserable even if traveling with one his kids…

IMG_1019.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
That man is a weirdo, I never understood his presence in Lie Land from the start… I believe his wife kicked him out, his instagram gives crystal clear signs about the state of his relationship. I believe it all went downhill for the Hills after their family trip to Lie Land…

the man went from this, a quite proud family man showing the world to his family…

View attachment 2945202

to this, a man looking sad and maybe sick? He looks very thin… anyway, he looks miserable even if traveling with one his kids…

View attachment 2945203

Agree about the timeline it’s too coincidental. Uncle Dingo strikes me as a bit of a womaniser. He gives off the vibes. Loves himself too.

The mystery is why his teenage Daughter is with him. I wonder if she’s a Daughter from a previous relationship but lived with him and the new partner? Would make sense that if he had to leave she would want to as well.
Just speculating obviously. CD make you like that way 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Agree about the timeline it’s too coincidental. Uncle Dingo strikes me as a bit of a womaniser. He gives off the vibes. Loves himself too.

The mystery is why his teenage Daughter is with him. I wonder if she’s a Daughter from a previous relationship but lived with him and the new partner? Would make sense that if he had to leave she would want to as well.
Just speculating obviously. CD make you like that way 😀
Again no idea lots of scenarios come to mind but I do know he has lost a lot of weight. Even though I don’t like him (he is too full of himself) I hope he is not ill as that shithole is the last place he should be if he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.