The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could I ask a serious question? I have absolutely no idea on designer anything (except perhaps interior design), in fact I run a mile from any of that stuff. Are Bally shoes better because they are more comfortable, are their designs exclusive to them?
I'm with you. The last pair of really expensive shoes I had were white ones, which I desperately needed for a summer office dress which would tolerate nothing else, very difficult to pull off without looking like boats. So I shelled out for some gorgeous, slim open-toed and slightly block-, very high-, heeled Ferragamos. They were luscious.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She couldn’t get a vlog out for her other channel with content that is how old? Had to rush after dinner to London for the flower show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Could I ask a serious question? I have absolutely no idea on designer anything (except perhaps interior design), in fact I run a mile from any of that stuff. Are Bally shoes better because they are more comfortable, are their designs exclusive to them?
I thought Bally only made handbags.
Those shoes are what I would buy if my granddaughter was around 6 years ! Mind you ....... at Bally $$ no way would she get a pair !! o_O

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Quality materials and workmanship make for expensive leather goods. I wouldn't say comfort fits into the equation as many beautifully made shoes are quite uncomfortable. Also, brand names always come at a price. You can get very high quality shoes for a lot less than designer shoes. It depends on so much. I had a moment of madness a few months ago and ordered a pair of red patent leather double strap Mary Janes made in Italy. They were stunning! I was hoping they wouldn't fit and would be uncomfortable because they were ridiculously expensive for my budget. I let them sit until the last minute before I had to return them. I finally tried them on, they were so comfortable! I was shocked because normally Italian made shoes are too narrow for my feet. I still returned them because I knew I wouldn't wear them. They were just so pretty though! I have to restrain myself around shoes. I came to my senses and ordered a pair of basic black leather ballerina flats from a small family run Italian company. They were made in Spain, leather lined and unlike almost all other ballerina flats, they didn't cut into my high instep. They were still a bit expensive, but I take very good care of my shoes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm with you. The last pair of really expensive shoes I had were white ones, which I desperately needed for a summer office dress which would tolerate nothing else, very difficult to pull off without looking like boats. So I shelled out for some gorgeous, slim open-toed and slightly block-, very high-, heeled Ferragamos. They were luscious.
My shoe budget would fit into the cost of 1 pair of Stephanie Jarvis' Bally shoes! 4 pairs of thongs, 4 pairs of various sandals, this year I will have to shell out for a pair of Doc Martens or similiar for a cold climate visit. I wonder how she stores all her shoes? The mold would be horrendous on the leather. I think I would need a proper walk-in and well-lit shoe cupboard to find anything with the quantities she owns. Thank goodness that isn't a problem I have!

• Heart
My shoe budget would fit into the cost of 1 pair of Stephanie Jarvis' Bally shoes! 4 pairs of thongs, 4 pairs of various sandals, this year I will have to shell out for a pair of Doc Martens or similiar for a cold climate visit. I wonder how she stores all her shoes? The mold would be horrendous on the leather. I think I would need a proper walk-in and well-lit shoe cupboard to find anything with the quantities she owns. Thank goodness that isn't a problem I have!
Exacto. I will be buried in my flip flops.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Herr Nutti will receive a box with two left footed shoes! :ROFLMAO:

Oh the great shoe debate... My grandmother was always a stickler about shoes- shoes had to be of good quality, clean, and would scold me for slipping my trainers off or putting them on without untying the laces (as she insisted I was going to destroy the counter in heel of the shoe by doing so- she was right, as I did fork up a pair of Nikes recently by being lazy.) My great aunts and she were similar in that they wore mainly Bally's, so I always associated them as "granny shoes." (No offense at all to any of you that wear them.) One of my great aunts was an incredibly stylish fashionista- her closet was filled with beautiful designer clothing, and despite her being over 50 years older than me, I'd occasionally borrow an outfit for a special event (pictures, school dances, funerals, etc.) because she was thrilled a teenager found her to be stylish (and the teenager was equally excited to have a treasure trove of Chanel, YSL, Balmain...) Since our feet were the same size (she had really big feet), she gave me a new pair of black Bally flats that had bows on them. I don't know why I remember them- they had patent leather cap toes and I wore them a lot. Since I literally destroy shoes, they lasted longer than most. Comfort wise- they were fine, especially since I have narrow feet. But, as a shoe lover, the only shoes I have ever had loyalty to are Nike trainers (because they fit my weird feet best)- there are so many quality shoes out there from different designers.

My mum, though, did not inherit the narrow feet- she has wide feet, so Clarks are her thing. In my mind (again, no offense to any of you Clarks wearers), Clarks are "Mom Shoes." I tried them, and while they are walking on clouds, they do not at ALL fit my feet.

Both are good shoes, but every foot is different. My favourite shoes were my Ralph Lauren espadrilles (which I literally wore for years until they fell apart- I miss them), my Gucci loafers (we had ten years of global adventures- worth every penny), and my OG Teva Mush flip flops (the new ones are garbage.) Now, I just wear trainers, Sperry Topsiders, flip flops, and on the rare occasion I have to dress nicely, depending on the formality, it can range from Jimmy Choo to J Crew. But those Bally strawberry shoes? I'd have to pass- not my jam!

I will say, though, the one thing I did glean from my grandmum and great aunts- keep your shoes clean! My grandmum would constantly clean my white Keds and cheerleading shoes so I did not look like a hobo. Which still resonates, and I use a magic eraser on lighter shoes. Her mantra, "No matter if you are rich or poor, one should always be clean and tidy, and the world judges you not for what labels you are wearing, but how you present yourself." Fanny fails at this one- you can dress her in designer clothing, but she always looks in need of a good wash!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Remember when Philip dressed like this? I thought it was for Halloween, but after looking at three or four Halloween Chateau Diaries videos, can't find it!

View attachment 2944662
gah! Now that you mention it yes I do remember that but I completely forgot when i posted it earlier! 😂

Maybe this is his ideal of manly beauty. 😆
Why not? He has ghastly taste in everything else-especially women.

• Haha
Herr Nutti will receive a box with two left footed shoes! :ROFLMAO:

Oh the great shoe debate... My grandmother was always a stickler about shoes- shoes had to be of good quality, clean, and would scold me for slipping my trainers off or putting them on without untying the laces (as she insisted I was going to destroy the counter in heel of the shoe by doing so- she was right, as I did fork up a pair of Nikes recently by being lazy.) My great aunts and she were similar in that they wore mainly Bally's, so I always associated them as "granny shoes." (No offense at all to any of you that wear them.) One of my great aunts was an incredibly stylish fashionista- her closet was filled with beautiful designer clothing, and despite her being over 50 years older than me, I'd occasionally borrow an outfit for a special event (pictures, school dances, funerals, etc.) because she was thrilled a teenager found her to be stylish (and the teenager was equally excited to have a treasure trove of Chanel, YSL, Balmain...) Since our feet were the same size (she had really big feet), she gave me a new pair of black Bally flats that had bows on them. I don't know why I remember them- they had patent leather cap toes and I wore them a lot. Since I literally destroy shoes, they lasted longer than most. Comfort wise- they were fine, especially since I have narrow feet. But, as a shoe lover, the only shoes I have ever had loyalty to are Nike trainers (because they fit my weird feet best)- there are so many quality shoes out there from different designers.

My mum, though, did not inherit the narrow feet- she has wide feet, so Clarks are her thing. In my mind (again, no offense to any of you Clarks wearers), Clarks are "Mom Shoes." I tried them, and while they are walking on clouds, they do not at ALL fit my feet.

Both are good shoes, but every foot is different. My favourite shoes were my Ralph Lauren espadrilles (which I literally wore for years until they fell apart- I miss them), my Gucci loafers (we had ten years of global adventures- worth every penny), and my OG Teva Mush flip flops (the new ones are garbage.) Now, I just wear trainers, Sperry Topsiders, flip flops, and on the rare occasion I have to dress nicely, depending on the formality, it can range from Jimmy Choo to J Crew. But those Bally strawberry shoes? I'd have to pass- not my jam!

I will say, though, the one thing I did glean from my grandmum and great aunts- keep your shoes clean! My grandmum would constantly clean my white Keds and cheerleading shoes so I did not look like a hobo. Which still resonates, and I use a magic eraser on lighter shoes. Her mantra, "No matter if you are rich or poor, one should always be clean and tidy, and the world judges you not for what labels you are wearing, but how you present yourself." Fanny fails at this one- you can dress her in designer clothing, but she always looks in need of a good wash!
I grew up taking care of my shoes. It was a ritual in our house every Saturday. Shoes were cleaned and polished and ready for Sunday mass. I spend a lot of time looking for leather lined shoes as they don't stink and are breathable. I don't own a lot of pairs. For me, shoes are like fine sculptures for my feet! I also love hats for that same reason. I often times think I was born in the wrong century. I should have been living in the time before automobiles made beautiful hats obsolete due to getting in and out of them with elaborate hats on. Sigh!

• Heart
I grew up taking care of my shoes. It was a ritual in our house every Saturday. Shoes were cleaned and polished and ready for Sunday mass. I spend a lot of time looking for leather lined shoes as they don't stink and are breathable. I don't own a lot of pairs. For me, shoes are like fine sculptures for my feet! I also love hats for that same reason. I often times think I was born in the wrong century. I should have been living in the time before automobiles made beautiful hats obsolete due to getting in and out of them with elaborate hats on. Sigh!
❤ @Hedda Hopper! Sending you a case of Peds (if you know, you know- as one cannot truly be barefoot in shoes!)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t question their story. But surely there would have been a commotion by the chickens. I don’t understand how they didn’t hear anything. And then the pine marten was trapped in the barn the next day? It’s just going to come back as it knows there is good there.
Anna closed the door when she saw the chickens dead. When Peter came back with her they could see the pine martin. The following morning Peter video-ed the pine martin in the barn. The barn is away from the house so they may not have heard anything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
FYI: The temper tantrum throwing Dump crew and /or a few enlisted disgruntled Dump super fans must be worried or pissed off today. It appears one or several of them have simultaneously created multiple new accounts within the past day and have steamrolled into the other chateau discussion sub forum en masse.

They have coordinated the familiar tag teaming posts to argue against/ outright deny any post not complimentary of the Dump crew, personally attack and insult posters, and attempt to create a chaotic and hostile environment to deter discussion of any dishonesty, deceit, or unflattering observations of the Dump/ Dump crew ( and are especially angry at any discussion of the “ accident”, lies, or lavish lifestyle/money spent by the gruesome twosome. )The attitude, emojis used, and nasty, argumentative insults lobbed at the posters in the forum seem eeerily like the crew that periodically attacks patrons, infiltrates Tattle, and attacks the viewers in the CD comment sections.

They believe Snorts is talented and flawless, Stephanfraudie is beautiful, rich, trustworthy, the gruesome twosome are a real couple in love, and anyone with a critical opinion, questions the Dump crew, seeks to reveal truth, or does not worship and unquestionably believe every lie that tumbles out of Stephanie’s mouth is a jealous troll. They also defend Baghead wearing a bag on his head so he won’t be “ stalked.” They attack every person expressing an opinion as unqualified, jealous, etc.

Watch for them to show up here and in the cd comments with increasing frequency as the pressure mounts on the Dump crew, Isabellle and Gerry return to the Dump, gaps in the F1 schedule occur, and the Patreon extravaganza date grows near.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
FYI: The temper tantrum throwing Dump crew and /or a few enlisted disgruntled Dump super fans must be worried or pissed off today. It appears one or several of them have simultaneously created multiple new accounts within the past day and have steamrolled into the other chateau discussion sub forum en masse.

They have coordinated the familiar tag teaming posts to argue against/ outright deny any post not complimentary of the Dump crew, personally attack and insult posters, and attempt to create a chaotic and hostile environment to deter discussion of any dishonesty, deceit, or unflattering observations of the Dump/ Dump crew ( and are especially angry at any discussion of the “ accident”, lies, or lavish lifestyle/money spent by the gruesome twosome. )The attitude, emojis used, and nasty, argumentative insults lobbed at the posters in the forum seem eeerily like the crew that periodically attacks patrons, infiltrates Tattle, and attacks the viewers in the CD comment sections.

They believe Snorts is talented and flawless, Stephanfraudie is beautiful, rich, trustworthy, the gruesome twosome are a real couple in love, and anyone with a critical opinion, questions the Dump crew, seeks to reveal truth, or does not worship and unquestionably believe every lie that tumbles out of Stephanie’s mouth is a jealous troll. They also defend Baghead wearing a bag on his head so he won’t be “ stalked.” They attack every person expressing an opinion as unqualified, jealous, etc.

Watch for them to show up here and in the cd comments with increasing frequency as the pressure mounts on the Dump crew, Isabellle and Gerry return to the Dump, gaps in the F1 schedule occur, and the Patreon extravaganza date grows near.
Yes, I am surprised at the venom they are allowed to use by Stephanie Jarvis to put HER viewing public in their place. That's why I think Annaliese has come on board, some of the snark and wording would suit her I think. Being outright rude to her viewers is a slippery slope.
The bloody fool Baghead is 5 years past his use by date- we have known forever which city he lives in, his wife's occupation and employment, his employment history, his shitshow affiliation and corruption co-operation. Too late now sunshine to get someone else to get all angsty on your behalf.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@Lovelifealways16
5 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie I do love you, but can the channel please go back to videos on the chateau and it’s restoration. Personally I feel the channel has become too off track. Can we please have less on travel, there are so many travel channels already out there. What is happening with the on the grand salon, the walled garden etc.

deedeerichardson443
10 hours ago
Are Marie and Grant a couple?Seems he is in the kitchen a lot

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮Damage control by Stephanie.
@carolinegooder7091
4 hours ago
He is married, and his daughter is visiting. Please be respectful

@Vee-zx6eh
20 hours ago
Phillip, roll up your sleeves and do some man work! like Grant :)

@KathyRichards-tr9zx
21 hours ago
Marie is so underwhelmed by Philip's brocante purchases

@Vee-zx6eh
18 hours ago (edited)
we are underwhelmed by the unnecessary

someone is going to get mad about this comment
TheBluebellMoon2
23 hours ago
Let’s hope your Aunt & Uncle start their own vlog so we can follow their house reno. Such a beautiful house to begin a new chapter. Congrats on finding a dream house

loulabelle4889
13 days ago (edited)
As Phillip keeps buying books why wasn't he helping you and Grant? The chapel is looking excellent such excellent talent you have there. Still see your serving Rose in a decanter where's the ice bucket for it? most Rosés are not intended to be aged but rather drunk young and chilled. In this sense, rosé doesn't need to be decanted. What happens to guests and children who require a different type of food?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I had some strawberry printed Crocs once. About €7 from a French supermarket.
Doing strawberry and lemon printed espadrils in ou local SuperU, think they were 12 euros. MIL got the lemon ones when she was over the other week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.