The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t recall that either. We have seen him in videos stay at her London flat.
What I find weird is the number of ppl whom presumably have had access to those flats. I mean, my parents had a summer house and apart from a couple of times when they would let some of the family going there, there was no "friends" who would rent or be lend for free the summer house. I find it quite transactional. Did they pay to go there, if again presumably, they go there for holidays and/or just to crash because they have some business in the city(London) since at least the one in France is supposedly rented as holiday let? And that is quite a lot of friends to hands the keys over to. It is something to invite people over in your home when you're there, it's quite something else to say yeah use my stuff and my pad.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm curious....what led you to think that they had kids? I somehow knew they weren't married, I think, but I'm not sure how I knew it. Either someone mentioned it here a very long time ago or they, themselves, mentioned it in an early vlog. The thought of them pro-creating....nevermind. Can't/won't go there (blech!).
I may be mistaken, but I recall that they have a daughter who was briefly shown in a couple of their early vlogs. I assume their daugther spends most of her time studying/working back in Canada, but they do not mention her.
---
Davey on vacay at the South of France studio is too boring for even Stephanie to show on CD. Sorry Davey, still love you.
Maybe Davey is a nudist at heart. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm curious....what led you to think that they had kids? I somehow knew they weren't married, I think, but I'm not sure how I knew it. Either someone mentioned it here a very long time ago or they, themselves, mentioned it in an early vlog. The thought of them pro-creating....nevermind. Can't/won't go there (blech!).
I don't think you need to worry about them procreating...... 🤮

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 03.52.31.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
What I find weird is the number of ppl whom presumably have had access to those flats. I mean, my parents had a summer house and apart from a couple of times when they would let some of the family going there, there was no "friends" who would rent or be lend for free the summer house. I find it quite transactional. Did they pay to go there, if again presumably, they go there for holidays and/or just to crash because they have some business in the city(London) since at least the one in France is supposedly rented as holiday let? And that is quite a lot of friends to hands the keys over to. It is something to invite people over in your home when you're there, it's quite something else to say yeah use my stuff and my pad.
Unless she pays a management company to clean, wash sheets and towels etc in between guests

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I may be mistaken, but I recall that they have a daughter who was briefly shown in a couple of their early vlogs. I assume their daugther spends most of her time studying/working back in Canada, but they do not mention her.--
Really? I totally missed that!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think that was the sewist’s niece and not her daughter.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Cheese on toast, Sarah and Shrek have been together for 20 forking years, and "While we are common-law married in Canada, we are NOT actually really married!" Da fork- so many questions! I thought they had children together! But, Sarah just glossed over that ish by asking us where the "pergola-in-a-box" should go! No explanation at all. SMH....

I'll ask her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you for the fresh new thread @ComtesseRose, to @TorontoGWM for the new (and aptly fitting) title, and to @tuffiti for uploading the vlog. ❤

I'm trying to catch up, as the last post and this are going at lightning speed (and I have not watched any vlogs since Sunday night!) It's been a busy week at Casa de T Rex with yard work, meetings for the non-profits I volunteer for, the dogs, and helping my neighbours.

My new neighbours are snow birds (they are in Germany), so we take care of the shared "jungle" between our properties, and whilst he they do have a lawn service, we still go over to spray for weeds in their pavered walkway and driveway. My other neighbour is currently on holiday in Aruba with the "Glam Squad" (they are all fabulous dames in their mid-70s to late 80s- they are a fit, tanned lot with perfect nails and are always dressed to the 9s.) We also take care of what her lawn service does not, and when she is away, we usually fertilize her lawn (because we have to look at it- LOL), and I make her leave me a list of things she needs repaired (because she pays people far too much money and they do a half-assed job for something we can just do for free in 5 minutes.) Last month, she was going to pay a handyman $300 to replace 3 outdoor light bulbs- Mr. T Rex, "NO. Get out your phone, and I will type in the bulbs you need. Pick them up from Lowe's or Home Depot on your way home from tennis, and it will take me three minutes."

Her only thing on the list before she departed on holiday was, "The garage door is making a strange sound." I dragged Mr. T Rex over on Monday to look at it- the whole thing needed maintenance, but as we were closing the garage door "poof"- cloud of smoke like a new pope has been elected. The opener assembly itself is original to the house (almost 20 years old), and a capacitor shyte the bed. While it was something we could repair, we would have had to get the part, and we had our own issues to deal with when our pool salt cell quit working because a lizard got into the power supply housing and shorted out the whole damn board. Lizards are assholes. But, I am of the mindset everything happens for a reason, so we have a new system arriving in a few days (It was old. I get the joy of re-plumbing a new system and the electrics- it's fine.)

I am also of the mindset that the neighbour's garage door opener happened for a reason, as she would have freaked out when it started smoking (worse yet if we were not home- she would have certainly called the fire department!). I called our awesome local garage repair company, whom I told, "It's probably the capacitor, but if you have to replace the whole assembly, it is okay- it is original to the house." Any other company would have fleeced her for a new opener, but Marco, "It's just a cap- yeah, the unit is old, but it is still good." While we we there, Mr. T Rex realized she had some ancient lighting (the lightbulbs in her kitchen were a hodgepodge of incandescent, CFL and LED bulbs)- he went to Lowe's and bought her new MATCHING lightbulbs and installed them. "Cheeseus, no wonder she is a terrible cook- she's been cooking in a cave!" "No bae, she just hates cooking!" :ROFLMAO:
I wish you were my neighbours! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I think that was the sewist’s niece and not her daughter.
I DO remember their niece being on a vlog. I believe they said it was a niece and later, when a vlog came out about Sarah's sister living in Europe, it made sense...and I think they showed Sarah's family in a vlog, when they went there on vacation. Maybe I'm just conflating two instances into the vlog where they went to Luxembourg and visited Sarah's sister? Who knows.

I'm just really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that they have children - and not because of my dislike for them, either. One, I have not seen them acknowledge children of their own and, two, there have been a couple of articles out of Canada written about them and no children have been mentioned. There would be no reason to not acknowledge child, although I completely understand that they may not have them on camera or talk about them if they wanted to shield from social media.
---
I'll ask her.
NICE! I'm going to be up all night thinking about this! Knowing you're going to ask might help me sleep!

** I really have to get myself together if worrying about these two is keeping me up!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Cheese on toast, Sarah and Shrek have been together for 20 forking years, and "While we are common-law married in Canada, we are NOT actually really married!" Da fork- so many questions! I thought they had children together! But, Sarah just glossed over that ish by asking us where the "pergola-in-a-box" should go! No explanation at all. SMH....

Their need to copy everything Stephanie does is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She looks like a different person from when she began her vlog, and as many have said she needs a fresh hair style. This drags her down but I’m sure she keeps it since she thinks she is 20 yrs younger. Time to get the popcorn.
look how wide the jaw line is with filler

• Haha
completely transactional my MIFH has several properties and is also an Annie orphaned Starbucks if you listen to hear tales of woe The sob story of being orphaned at 20 and somehow still having a rich daddy and grandad alive is quite the story. Like F$F she travels every 2 weeks to someplace and always never short of friends to supplement her income and entertainment. She does the exact same thing allowing her favored staff 1 week in her holiday accommodation after slaving away for her all year. They still have to clean up the holiday apartment before they go and also she takes the maid with her sometimes as a "bonus" holiday but you no who's going to do all the running around and cleaning and cooking ..

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
it’s unbelievable isn’t it. Not content with slobbering all over the food 🤢, she could have have given guests a rather bad stomach ache or worse. Google is your friend MariE. Do your research before you inflict your stupidity on guests. She’s as thick as two short planks 🙄🙄🙄 God forbid she takes up foraging 🤪
Let's keep everything crossed she doesn't go out mushroom forraging without consulting at worse a book, at best the local pharmacy.

Stupid cow, just stop with the friggin floral accents. Please just stick with putting flowers in vases and not on plates, before your boss gets sued by someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So am I. I can never find watercress here in France, yet there are loads of old watercress farms in the area!
Thinking of it, can't say I've seen any about here either. Back in the day when I was doing my training at Mount Brown, I'd drive past the cress beds in Abinger Hammer.
---
I would like the input of our tattlers living in France. I’m looking at retirement locations and France is in the running. Greece and Ireland are in the mix as well. I’m only really familiar with northern France and the environs of Paris. There are some areas in the South and Central parts of the country, particularly the Midi-Pyrenees, Nouvelle Aquitaine and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes that interest me. Any locations you would suggest for me to explore?
Well I am biased but I would suggest looking over this side. The Vendee has a beautiful coastline and also bocage area and a microclimate to boot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Are there artists or artisans who make wind installations? Are there traditional Narbonnais wind toys or folk art wind chimes, Rube Goldberg machines or wind gardens of grasses and streamers? I'd love my space there to be just herbs and wind and a lu$ciou$ stone or tile floor for my bare feet. Can they make floors out of volcanic stone? Oh and about a million dollars worth of rustic pottery, so gorgeous. Imagine, herbs, wind, and yummy textured weighty pottery with furry little apricots on it.
Funnily enough I don't believe there are any wind installations, toys or other thing of that genre! I certainly never came across any such toys while my boy was growing up. Unless you count the Parc éoliennes that are everywhere. And, I have to say, fascinating. Silent, white giants with propellers sails. They have an elegant and ethereal beauty. Many complaints about them being noisy and making vibrations. Nimbys everywhere. However most of the people who complain have never been up close to one.

A lot of the coastal gardens have grasses that swish and swosh in the breezes. And there is the Defi Wind, an annual competition of windsurfers and kitesurfers who make their own poetry on the sea.

As for tiles made of volcanic rock, I'm sure someone somewhere in the world make tiles from it but I don't believe in France. Most people furnish their homes with tiles from Italy, Spain and Portugal. There are artisans that still .ake the ciment block tiles like these

1715842599720.png

---
Stephanie reads the tattle forum and then goes back and responds to questions in her YouTube channel’s comment section to try to do damage control, spread more lies or conflicting info, bulky or gaslight her viewers, or cover her ass. Enjoy. This week fake account Caroline Gooder revealed she also lived in New York City.Wheeeeee!

@JamilaKendal
7 hours ago
STOP buying stuff...

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
You are upset over 4 Euos and that they have nice things. They needed plates and glasses to eat and drink off of. Besides, the place is rented out or used by friends and family. Nic and Marie, for example, will use the new plates.

Stephanie
@jodiesha
10 hours ago
Want to see your aunt and uncles new home

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
Stephanie said they haven't moved in yet. They are staying at the house once owed by grandmother.

LYING JARVIS IS BACK! read below to see how Stephanie gaslights the viewers who pay for her lavish lifestyle.

@bettytali1827
10 hours ago
I somehow remember you and your mother at the flat a few years ago. I distinctly remember you saying your father fell in love with the view. Maybe I am having a deja vue

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
Stephanie said she had stayed away 6 years. Nic and his family, Annalise and her kids, Dan and Marie, have all vacationed there, so we have seen it before.
kirsten4887
17 hours ago
I’m quite sure you have shown this before back in the early days View attachment 2938496 looks familiar

View attachment 2938497
@carolinegooder7091
42 minutes ago
Annalise and the kids, Dan and Marie, have shown it while vacationing.

@jpfloru8669
13 hours ago
By European standards that studio flat is not tiny. I mean: it’s small, but millions would die for a holiday flat with that terrace and those views.

@carolinegooder7091
54 minutes ago
Lived in NYC for 12 years, so understand what you are saying, but most of the viewers get the joke. Stephanie lives in a 20 bedroom Chateau (she is not sure how they should count the bathrooms) and vacations in a two room and closet bedroom flat. She loves them both

@yolandagloriaprieto-faelna3999
13 hours ago
How come I don’t see Naty anymore? It would be nice for you to feature her and the things she does for the chateau. And Grant (?) from Australia too! Thanks

@carolinegooder7091
59 minutes ago
Grant isn't in the south of France right now. He was in every vlog leading up to their drive down south. Natti is very busy managing the B&B season but is seen at lunch often in the vlogs. Amaury and Natti go home before dinner, which is why you don't see them as much.

see how Stephanie tries to fix her screwup in her video yesterday where she stated that they only use the south of France apartment for family and friends and then later in the video screwed up and blabbed that they rent it out also? She tries to fix her screwup with a Caroline comment
@MsEleluku
14 hours ago
I wish I had a friend with a holiday home they didn‘t usehow lovely! And how interesting this whole area is, especially with the nudist colony

@carolinegooder7091
53 minutes ago
They rent it out also. Family and friends use it, like Annalise and the kids.
Has Grant moved on? I understood he was going to be there for a couple of months. Fed up already of being used and abused ... or is Despicable fanny tripping up on her lies again! Eh Gooder?
---
I would like the input of our tattlers living in France. I’m looking at retirement locations and France is in the running. Greece and Ireland are in the mix as well. I’m only really familiar with northern France and the environs of Paris. There are some areas in the South and Central parts of the country, particularly the Midi-Pyrenees, Nouvelle Aquitaine and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes that interest me. Any locations you would suggest for me to explore?
What is it you want from your location?

That's the question that himself and I are asking ourselves. Not that we're going anywhere in the foreseeable but it's good to be prepared rather than up sticks to a location you're going to end up hating! And you're stuck. Forever!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She is not amusing but a dangerous fool.
Was she gathering deadly nightshade flowers?
Absolutely no idea what the plant is yet thinks it's ok to harvest it. I'm guessing she was picking the invasive comfrey family blue flowered plant that has very hairy leaves.
Wondering now if Snorts could dye them and make his own hair system. VIOLA!
The invasive blue-flowered plant you talk of is borage. The flowers are edible and a classic garnish for Pimms.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.