Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Balmoral

Marie certainly learned something and 4 week chef school: how to slice a stick of asparagus into 4, LENGHTwise! cooo-er.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Neighbour just called us to say northern lights visible above our place. Hubby delighted as he thinks he can now cross Trip to Iceland off my bucket list. Orangy pink river of light.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Rory

VIP Member
IF Snorty is gay and IF his parents have encouraged his involvement in a paid acting gig as Stephanie’s heterosexual fiancé (through his mother’s encouragement to go to La Lande and his father working as Stephanie’s accountant) I think this displays a level of homophobia. Why not encourage your son to be true to himself and who he is? Instead they encourage a lie.
OR
IF
Snorty is bisexual/heterosexual and his relationship/engagement is “sincere”; he, his father (as the accountant) are potentially involved in nefarious financial activities. I think this displays poor moral character and for his father questionable if not illegal fiscal actions.
No wonder they don’t wish to appear on camera.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

newengland

Sometimes husbands are dicks.🤷‍♀️
Exactly This! I’ll share and tell ya all something that’s worked for me. The husband, who is a bit older, feeling his age i assumed, was becoming a negative old fart. Retired, a bit bored, and as Jules said, flexing his new persona, as a major dick. Nothing physically wrong with him at all, he works out daily, is very fit and healthy. I, however, was an easy target. He enjoyed giving me the business in public too. I was mortified, embarrassed and stopped going places with him.

Anyway, I slowly discontinued all the ‘perks’ he had gotten so used to and apparently took for granted. At one point, i pulled out the big guns and completely stopped cooking. Told him I’m done, that I, too, am now retired. You can figure it out, you’re a big boy, you know where the fridge is. His face went white, He was in complete shock that i would go this far. Well, full disclosure, a few other things were no longer on his table as well.

Old dude got the message, don’t ever disrespect me, attempt to demoralize or intimidate me again. Didn’t take long, a few weeks, and he changed his ways. We now have a new understanding, basically, don’t ever treat me like 💩 again. Luckily for him he hasn’t been a dick in months. I now cook, but only occasionally. Truth be told, I really wanted to forego that task for ages.

Anyway, hope this anecdote might help in some small way.❤

• Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Finally forced to watch the vid itself.
Another all beige meal. Beige carrot potato soup. Beige pork belly with beige potato, beige sweet potato, and beige radishes. Beige passionfruit pavlova.
Versus what's in season in France: New potatoes, watercress, fabulous special strawberries.
It would be so much more interesting to see FRK using her car to visit local food markets and befriending local vendors to source ingredients, instead of relying on a large weekly grocery store shop, supplemented by a walled-garden that doesn’t provide a very broad range of seasonal items and seems to have an over abundance of the few veggies Fanny and Snorty will eat.

• Heart
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
I commend you for reachng out. I wish i had some.good advise but twice divorced, i am not a good marriage person. On the other hand i have had lifelong friends, and i feel that straight talk with actual examples and expressing how you feel may help. Although i dont know your husband, so how he reacts you know better. Hope you can work it out. No one deserves to be disrespected.

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
If I were Grant I would be heading off to somewhere else. Loading up boxes of heavy books is something Stephanie and the Pube could do-if they weren't the laziest most useless pair in the world ever. I would be embarrassed to ask someone else to do something I could do-unless we were doing it together. She has invited him there and literally the place is like the Marie Celeste with just MarIE and aging mad guests.
It beggars believe a successful business man, married or not... with two children would fly half way around the world and all the expense that entails... take TWO MONTHS off work and take his daughter out of school to move boxes. It's all too f'kn weird.

• Heart
  • Wow

Pencil Pine Principessa

@kno1985
14 minutes ago
Look at all my porcelain. Blah blah blah. At least Dans show is interesting. Getting mighty desperate when you have to pull out the china. I've never seen a straight man so giddy about flower pots and porcelain??? How about an actual renovation video of your doing Stephanie. Must be too busy taking another "frugal" trip somewhere with another x.

@MAC-op5fc
2 minutes ago
I don't understand why people watch something that obviously makes them unhappy. And then they attempt to hurt those people, who are truly doing no harm, just living their lives the way they choose to. Maybe it's time to unsubscribe and find another vlog that is more suitable to your tastes

@mattneillninasmom
55 minutes ago
Will there ever be a moratorium on buying dishes? I'm sure there are other things that are sorely needed rather than more dishes...it's getting a bit tedious and smacks of excess and over indulgence. The chateau already has so much that overflow is given to the brocantes. For those of us struggling to scrape by in this economy, it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch. We all like pretty things, but at some point - enough is enough.

@fizzycee
1 hour ago
What's the deal with blurring your earrings?

@sarahs7876
1 hour ago
I wonder why you had to blur put your earrings. They looked like cameos buy why would that need blurting
nelks1284
2 hours ago
I’ve noticed Lancelot’s eyes are runny. Is he allergic to something?

@ninofromsicilia
2 hours ago
You drive that Porsche like you own now

@JamilaKendal
57 minutes ago
IT IS THEIR CAR
ah I love the sound of dissent brewing…

• Haha
  • Heart
Philip’s exaggerated, and or fake allergies or questioned:

@chazikins

3 hours ago
I'm lactose intolerant so sometimes I will order Nachos with no cheese and no sour cream, so I completely understand the cheeseburger no cheese order :)

@ninofromsicilia
3 hours ago (edited)
Yet he eats gallons of ice cream View attachment 2926030️ And he’s allergic to milk… but actually it’s only certain cows

@luannefuller668
4 hours ago
I'm with you Phillip... I also order a cheeseburger without cheese!!! Lactose intolerance stinks...

@ninofromsicilia
3 hours ago
What about that gallons of ice cream he eats??? I thought he was allergic to cows milk? Btw sesame is the seed of a grass!

HERE COMES MIRIELLE! Yet another fake account set up by Stephanie Jarvis!

westernnut8407
4 hours ago
Why weren't Philip's parents in the car with you? Don't they stay at the chateau when they visit?

@mireille4751
3 hours ago
They probably have their own car which they drove from the Netherlands. Stephanie said that Philip’s parents were staying at Lalande. There are eigth plates on the dinner table : Stephanie, Philip, Philip’s parents, Andie (who is Dutch), Grant and his daughter, and Marie.

@lindastorey6685
4 hours ago
Good grief ! Cannot believe you bought more China plates ,you'll need to build a new wing to hold it all.

@1968rhiannon
4 hours ago
They do have a room planned for it.

@lewtscott3346
46 minutes ago
Philip finally got fish taco
Hmmm, a cheeseless cheeseburger…doesn’t the rest of the world call that…a hamburger?!?🤷‍♂️

• Haha
  • Heart

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
It's me again. I know you are getting a lot of advice to your comment, but I just want to add that until you know what's going on, don't be too hard on him. If I had known my husband was having mental problems and couldn't help his behavior, I would have been much more patient and understanding. Give him the benefit of the doubt. You've been together a long time and this sounds out of character for him. But please, do get help for him and yourself before making any rash decisions. ❤

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
She had such a terrible childhood growing up spending time in Hong Kong, summers in the South of France and then the endless Safaris in her teens. I don't know how she survived, we were lucky to get a trip to Ramsgate! I'm welling up just thinking about how hard it must have been for her.
I got shipped out to I.o.W. every summer holidays with my older brother to stay with our grandmother. Our mother really didn't want us at home. In fact we went there just about every school holiday except Christmas. They were the very best holidays. Grandma had a beachhut on the seafront at Puckpool Park. We would head out just after breakfast at 8am and return home at 6pm come rain or shine. Grandma ran a pub in St John's, Ryde so if we were out with her all day, Grandpa would be in charge. They were idyllic summers with adventures all the way.

Then for the last 10 days of the school summer holidays we would be collected and taken on the "family" summer holiday in a caravan towed on the back of dad's car. Both bro and I would probably have preferred to stay on the Island!

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
I would tell him that it embarrasses you and makes you SAD when he goes for you in front of the staff !
I would also ask him if the business is in trouble and he is under stress of not telling you . Even if you know the business is fine I would still say it so he knows you are thinking about things and it may give him a shock that you are feeling unsettled .
Men usually see NOTHING and you have to TELL them......... but make sure you have this talk at home when he is fed and relaxed.

Hell mrsp....... I am getting savvy and sly like Fanny and her Mother 🦇 !

Sounds like your hubby is stressed and he is making YOU stressed too!
Like Jules says - if you can swing it (its hard when you have your own business I know ) ... but a holiday may be a good thing and you can talk too.
Big kiss 💋 and a hug .
My feelings too.Pekey. I wondered if he is concerned about his health or perhaps financial/ business worries that he hasn't shared with you. I would definitely approach him about the way he speaks to you in front of staff. and make it very clear that it cannot continue. Hope that you can get things back on an even keel. xxx

• Heart

On Repeat

VIP Member
Such a good question, @T Rex.
Still thinking about Marie and her pastry bag, and what story she thinks she's telling with her food.
I lived in an aspirational neighborhood, lucky me, for decades. One of the tiny chic storefronts was rented by a woman of a certain age who was going to sell pre-cooked upscale take-home meals for the many upscale non-cooks who lived in the hood, a really good idea for that space, and a good idea for a business at any time.
The problem was her idea of upscale.
There's a certain kind of blue collar small town woman who grew up in the 50s -- I have encountered her a bunch of times -- who abandoned the delicious cooking of her small town grandma, or strange uncle (hear me, Lee Bailey, Scott Peacock, James Beard, Ernest Matthew Mickler!). And she went the corporate cooking way, via the women's magazines corporate advertiser agenda. That is, canned soup sauce, Jello salad, insta-pudding cake, the mind-boggling chow mein noodle Christmas cookies made by my dear friend from Fargo, N.D. (She may have qualified as one of the strange uncles, too.)
Along with all the packaged additions to food, came the notion that adding Velveeta cheese spread (not officially cheese) to everything made it classy. Velveeta even became a sign of prosperity to the wonderful Mexican Tex-Mex cooks who could charge the gringos moar for Velveeta chili con queso than they could selling real cheese.
And so this hard-working lady in the aspirational neighborhood covered everything she made for the yuppies with Velveeta. Because it was classy and she just knew they'd buy classy home-cooking covered with cheese product.
They wouldn't touch it with a forty-foot pole, as anyone could have told her.
She was out of business in six months and seriously in debt.
I think that's where Marie is stuck.
Pavlovas are classy food to her. She seems to be stuck in a department store ladies' lunch dessert world of individual servings of lightish diet desserts, whereas what restaurant customers shell out for big time is liqueur-drenched, buttercreamed, jammed-out cake. Cake. Caketty caketty cake. With chocolate dipped strawberries AND nuts on top.
I think she has rigid and completely delusional ideas about classy food.
One is, it's classy if it comes out of a pastry bag. Please note all the incredibly skilled cake decorating ladies who decorate cakes you'd rather die than be photographed next to. She's working another one, the perfection salad one, that if you can form, say potatoes, into perfect blocks, it's classy. There's a whole book about the puritannical home ec origins of attempting to tame unruly, delinquent ingredients into Perfection Salad: Women and Cooking at the Turn of the Century.
She thinks Stephanie Jarvis is classy, and Jarvis' eating and cooking is completely dysmorphic. There's serious disorder in Jarvis' eating, as well as cruelty and grossness in her cooking. That cowpat she made for Marie's birthday is exhibit A at the mo, but I will never forget the gross slop she dished up for their Come Dine With Me contest at the shitoo.
I'm really not qualified to assess much of Jarvis' depravity except on food, narcissism, and fascist rhetoric. So I can go on and on. But there's something really wrong here. News flash.
---
Thank you, you summed up beautifully what I think about the food and lack of hospitality at the dump.
We know that Stephanie Jarvis was bought up by a distant, inhospitable and a non-cook mother. She lacks basic cooking skills and knowledge of nutrition. I reckon Marie is the same. Faffing about with platescapes instead of serving real food.
What Marie doesn't seem to get, due to lack of experience and childhood knowledge, is that the food she serves has to be nutritious and tasty. I can't stand all those little droplets of mush on a plate, the Nike swirl of mush, or the cover-up of flowers and the meagre portions. Just bloody ridiculous.
Last week I had a lunch for 7 ladies with several eating disorders -OMG. Then one of them started on about her kids, 2 are vegan the other vegetarian. She was so terribly proud her kids were "different", just like the idiot child and his eating disorder (dislikes). The conversation descended into 1st world eating problems and one upmanship.

• Heart
  • Sad

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
Time travel again!

She made it out like she saw the Nothern Lights & then went to south of France. She was in the south of France last week. She saw the Northern Lights Friday or Saturday (yesterday) night after rushing back from the south of France.

Moreover, guests at the table were from more than a week ago. They didn’t miss seeing the lights because they hadn’t happened yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
A close up of the earrings
Are they green jasperware cameos?

It is odd that Fanny should wish to hide her earrings when she flaunts everything else.

Grant has packed SIXTY FOUR boxes of books for the container. Fanny says that is great it has made space so that I can collect books up from around the dump and move them up to the empty shelves. HOARDER.
Aha! Gotcha bitch!!! Those are vintage, one-of-a-kind Richard Minadeo earrings! Perhaps she had ratfaced Permasmile source them! Here’s a selection of what’s currently on the market.

• Wow
  • Heart

Fennelbug

VIP Member
Philip’s Dad has gross nails like his son. Engagement earrings? Lancie loves Marie the most. Grant is speechless regarding cache pots and porcelain. That’ why he drinks. Snorts’ vest is three sizes too small. The armholes are way up in his pits, the chafe must be painful. The filter in the car ride made her eyes bluer and eyebags erased. Andie is a weirdo. All of the Dutch people that go there are strange folks. They are running out of friends fast. That place depresses me. It looks freezing cold and smelly. Amaury and Nati have quit it seems.

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
[

View attachment 2930137

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, last night there was the most extraordinary northern lights display over parts of the world that usually never see them. Lalande was no exception! The I glanced out of my bathroom window at 1:30am, I noticed strange pale whitish streaks in a pinkish sky. I'd heard that the lights are more visible on photos, so - not expecting much - I took a photo of the dark night sky on my mobile, and the first photo above was the result! I couldn't believe it! I threw on my dressing gown and ran out into the night. Half and hour - and one drenched pair of slippers - later, I had taken all of these stunning photos around the chateau. It felt totally magical. In spite of travelling to the arctic circle, I've never seen the northern lights, and I can't believe that my first experience of them was from my bathroom window at Lalande!

Please feel free to download these photos for your own personal (but not commercial) use - I think they'd make marvellous screen savers!

Lots of love to all of you from Lalande,
Stephanie x​

[/QUOTE]
The bitch has traveled to the arctic circle and wants you to fix her dump! Unbelievable! Don’t you love how the idiotic braggart had to get that info out in her message when she has been ebegging from people on fixed incomes for years!

Now she is trying to curry favor and act like she is the best friend of viewers by suddenly offering photos to download as screensavers? The poor little orphan princess, even put on a dressing gown and got her slippers drenched “running” around in the dark, taking photos for you, her dear viewers and Patrons 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Is that worth $32,000 per month?

• Heart
  • Haha