Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jeeves

VIP Member
Another bizarre change to his behaviour happened just recently. His mother died. And he has become a lighter more ready to shrug shit off person! It occurred to me earlier this week, this change in his demeanour, and you guys are the only people I've mentioned it to because I guess it's a tricky, thorny subject. He was not close to his mother. She was a narcissist. And having moved here over 20 years ago hasn't seen much of her. But since her death it is as if an invisible weight has been lifted.
A similar thing happened with my hubby. She spent the entire time trying to interfere with us and our children. Despite my best efforts (making her curtains, sewing a velvet evening skirt for her, catering a surprise Golde wedding party for them, etc) it was never enough and I eventually ceased contact with her after we were married for 25 years and he paid his brief duty visits until she died. FiL was henpecked and wanted everyone to go along with what she decreed for a quiet life as he suffered if anyone failed to toe the line. She wasn't particularly interested in Mr J until we were dating as she favoured his older (also narc.) sister, the Cambridge grad. (She refused to meet me when Mr. J and I got engaged as she had a farmer's daughter lined up for him and really why would he want a "city girl"? When she finally agreed to meet, she decided I was "quaint and ok considering my background!" My parents were furious!! I was introduced to a friend of theirs as Mr's J friend a week before we were married. On the morning of the wedding, she told him as he left for church with his best man that she'd give us 6 months and he'd beg to come home! (We celebrate our 47th anniversary this summer.) She wore all black to the wedding and sulked the whole time. Afterwards she couldn't understand why he gravitated more to my family after we were married. Interesting too, that hubby had a stammer from childhood, which disappeared after he left his parent's home. No wonder he felt. that a burden was lifted.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

graciemckitten

VIP Member
@kno1985
14 minutes ago
Look at all my porcelain. Blah blah blah. At least Dans show is interesting. Getting mighty desperate when you have to pull out the china. I've never seen a straight man so giddy about flower pots and porcelain??? How about an actual renovation video of your doing Stephanie. Must be too busy taking another "frugal" trip somewhere with another x.

@MAC-op5fc
2 minutes ago
I don't understand why people watch something that obviously makes them unhappy. And then they attempt to hurt those people, who are truly doing no harm, just living their lives the way they choose to. Maybe it's time to unsubscribe and find another vlog that is more suitable to your tastes

@mattneillninasmom
55 minutes ago
Will there ever be a moratorium on buying dishes? I'm sure there are other things that are sorely needed rather than more dishes...it's getting a bit tedious and smacks of excess and over indulgence. The chateau already has so much that overflow is given to the brocantes. For those of us struggling to scrape by in this economy, it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch. We all like pretty things, but at some point - enough is enough.

@fizzycee
1 hour ago
What's the deal with blurring your earrings?

@sarahs7876
1 hour ago
I wonder why you had to blur put your earrings. They looked like cameos buy why would that need blurting
nelks1284
2 hours ago
I’ve noticed Lancelot’s eyes are runny. Is he allergic to something?

@ninofromsicilia
2 hours ago
You drive that Porsche like you own now

@JamilaKendal
57 minutes ago
IT IS THEIR CAR

• Haha
  • Heart

Pekey

VIP Member
I think it's a bit of grumpy old man syndrome, and also his need to be in control.
This is probably true too!
When a husband has his own business they need to be "in control" all the time...... even when retired!

Wish me luck next Thursday as his other bad knee is going to be replaced finally. :confused:

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
tinatina5913
2 hours ago
Have watched all these vlogs from the beginning. Although lovely,the majority of us probably cannot afford the silk clothing.what happened to the renovation side of things?apartments,china room,brocante shop etc??

paivitiitta1884
2 hours ago
You travel from one point to another in France but it is hours of travel , I can't stop wondering the extent of this country !!!!

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@mireille4751
2 hours ago
Roads in France are not all motorways and the ground isn’t always flat. In the center of France, south of Lalande, lies a big old mountain (extinct volcano) called the Massif Central in the Auvergne region. It is around 500 kilometers long and covers 15% of France territory. To drive across it, beautiful roads climb to 1600 meters and there is only one motorway (800 m high). You can also chose to skirt it, which makes the journey

sabrown3551
1 hour ago
Watch out for moths on those new clothes

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@kindlydude
2 hours ago
...wouldn't that be amazing if the Mattel Co. hired Stephanie to play "Chateau Barbie" in their next movie ...they could choose from so much footage from all her many vlogs as well as film contemporaneously throughout France. It would be movie magic

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

Ladeda1957

Can anyone tell me where Stephanies bestie Ollie has disappeared to, he’s not been seen with her for months, falling out in the friendship department. Plus Dana and Tess have also left the show, wish we had some inside gossip. Lancelot if you read here can you help a poor gossip girl out ?

• Heart
  • Haha

C'est moi

VIP Member
Another new thread? Oh goody (or should that be gooder!).

Thanks, as always, to @ComtesseRose

Yo @JackSpratt in da house! Named the thread, brill. Thanks too to @Patriciarella for the nom.

I wonder if Despicable fanny has any idea that yesterday was V.E. day and today is Ascension, both jour feriée in France. And not only that, as 2 jour feriée have fallen next to each other and in mid week, Friday every man and his dog will faire le pont and make it a long impromptu vacances. And, judging by the number of the vehicles on the road heading south, every man and his dog are going to be by la mer. Cap d'Agde will be rammed. And with common people too. 🤣🤣🤣 couldn't happen to a more suitable duo.

Sorry about all the ands, I know it's not dramatically correct but my brain was working faster than my fingers AND I had a lot to get out there. I will not be venturing coast ways for the next few days. God forbid I bump into any of that lot.

I feel a bit like THE reporter on the ground...
---
Can anyone tell me where Stephanies bestie Ollie has disappeared to, he’s not been seen with her for months, falling out in the friendship department. Plus Dana and Tess have also left the show, wish we had some inside gossip. Lancelot if you read here can you help a poor gossip girl out ?
Hmm. Funny that. No Puffs n' puggs, no Oily and Camiknickers, no Dana and Tess. No chickens. No workers. No Curtsey. It's like rats jumping off a sinking ship. Go figure!

• Haha
  • Heart

Bleu Lala

Chatty Member
So here’s my theory. Little Princess Stefameee was told by a wise person she needed to lighten the structural load on the falling down castle. She told Cuz and he was like “Oh hell no! I told you when you put all that literal shit up there it was a bad idea there is no ducking way I’m packing it up and carrying it back down! Yo Nat let’s go to the South of France and help Mama and Papa! Peace out Stef!”
Little Princess Stefameee was sad and went looking for a manly man to help her in her time of need. She looked at her fiancé and rolled her eyes and thought Well you might break a nail. You’re not going to be any help at all. She was right. She then called the other two owners of the falling down castle. One said “Sorry Stefameeee I’m going on vacation with my actual family.” She rolled her eyes and thought, you have to wear that damn bag on your head, you’re not going to be any help at all. She was right. Then she called the other owner, “Oh hey Babe, we sure had a good time in Japan didn’t we? Wink wink! Oh no I gotta go shoot the zoom zoom cars, but maybe you could meet up with me in Dubai later on? Wink wink!” She rolled her eyes and thought, You’re no help at all, welllll maybe he is . I sure can’t have well him throwing his back out if I’m going to Dubai!
Princess Stephamee pouts her lips and thinks really hard, she really tries to wrinkle her forehead (to show she’s thinking really hard, but that is impossible nowadays).
She thinks of other manly men she knows - Dan’s busy, and besides that he’s just use my channel to get more views on his channel (the bastard). Hmmmm, oooh what about Grant? He’s a manly man (and boy how I could use one of those around here) and I’m sure he would literally fly half way around the world to do manual labor like packing up literal shit and carrying it down several flights of steps and across the castle grounds into a mouldy, rank shipping container, where it will be destroyed.
Thats my theory!
Too bad there’s no equivalent to Two Men and a Truck or College Hunks Hauling Junk in the whole of France….

• Haha
  • Heart

Ladeda1957

Just left a scathing comment on Dans YouTube vlog, watch all his rabid sycophants come at me but one thing I can’t stand is animal abuse and Dan not knowing his puppy was pregnant is abuse. I’ve always thought he was disrespectful to Annalise and his kids, hated the way he treated his tools, cars etc but this just makes me hate him even more. Childish twat who will never grow up. And his stupid followers congratulating him on the puppies as if he had anything to do with it, bloody idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
@mireille4751
20 minutes ago
Can masochism be cured? Or is it jealousy? You are doing harm to yourself. You should breathe and unsubscribe, quick! Being a collector myself, I love porcelains and entertaining. The renovation of Lalande chapel is unique in a private property. Stephanie’s vlog is the best channel on YouTube.

Just three words........
Bat Shit Crazy

(I am happy she found her cat, though. I just hate that people attribute things like this in their lives to Stephanie Jarvis, who couldn't care less about this lady or her cat)

View attachment 2926259
View attachment 2926264
I recently lost 5 kg. I'd like to attribute that to Philip, because everything he says and does makes me projectile vomit my breakfast, my lunch and my dinner.
Thank you for such a Lalande miracle.

That nose must be the family curse! It’s the fucking Chunnel on a face!
They must be known as de Janssens met de groten neuzen

• Haha

JackSpratt

VIP Member
I suppose it was only a matter of time before Lilly Silk made an appearance.

That dogs left eye is the one with the problem, he's not opening it fully. Woman! get your dog to the vet for it's eyes, vaccinations and neutering. FFS!

Marie saying she needed to eat before she passed out, joke or a statement?

Marie, be brave and tell them all to fuck off out of the kitchen if they want to eat that evenng. However, you need to up your game and tell the old trout to up your budget, she can afford it. That meal was not worth 75 euros again!

I see Do RonRon got himself in shot several times and how rude to interrupt Marie to discuss the sodding candle, just blow the bloody thing out.

As if she's sad about leaving the guests, could get out the door quick enough. More spending weeeeeeeeee

• Heart
  • Haha

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
Such a good question, @T Rex.
Still thinking about Marie and her pastry bag, and what story she thinks she's telling with her food.
I lived in an aspirational neighborhood, lucky me, for decades. One of the tiny chic storefronts was rented by a woman of a certain age who was going to sell pre-cooked upscale take-home meals for the many upscale non-cooks who lived in the hood, a really good idea for that space, and a good idea for a business at any time.
The problem was her idea of upscale.
There's a certain kind of blue collar small town woman who grew up in the 50s -- I have encountered her a bunch of times -- who abandoned the delicious cooking of her small town grandma, or strange uncle (hear me, Lee Bailey, Scott Peacock, James Beard, Ernest Matthew Mickler!). And she went the corporate cooking way, via the women's magazines corporate advertiser agenda. That is, canned soup sauce, Jello salad, insta-pudding cake, the mind-boggling chow mein noodle Christmas cookies made by my dear friend from Fargo, N.D. (She may have qualified as one of the strange uncles, too.)
Along with all the packaged additions to food, came the notion that adding Velveeta cheese spread (not officially cheese) to everything made it classy. Velveeta even became a sign of prosperity to the wonderful Mexican Tex-Mex cooks who could charge the gringos moar for Velveeta chili con queso than they could selling real cheese.
And so this hard-working lady in the aspirational neighborhood covered everything she made for the yuppies with Velveeta. Because it was classy and she just knew they'd buy classy home-cooking covered with cheese product.
They wouldn't touch it with a forty-foot pole, as anyone could have told her.
She was out of business in six months and seriously in debt.
I think that's where Marie is stuck.
Pavlovas are classy food to her. She seems to be stuck in a department store ladies' lunch dessert world of individual servings of lightish diet desserts, whereas what restaurant customers shell out for big time is liqueur-drenched, buttercreamed, jammed-out cake. Cake. Caketty caketty cake. With chocolate dipped strawberries AND nuts on top.
I think she has rigid and completely delusional ideas about classy food.
One is, it's classy if it comes out of a pastry bag. Please note all the incredibly skilled cake decorating ladies who decorate cakes you'd rather die than be photographed next to. She's working another one, the perfection salad one, that if you can form, say potatoes, into perfect blocks, it's classy. There's a whole book about the puritannical home ec origins of attempting to tame unruly, delinquent ingredients into Perfection Salad: Women and Cooking at the Turn of the Century.
She thinks Stephanie Jarvis is classy, and Jarvis' eating and cooking is completely dysmorphic. There's serious disorder in Jarvis' eating, as well as cruelty and grossness in her cooking. That cowpat she made for Marie's birthday is exhibit A at the mo, but I will never forget the gross slop she dished up for their Come Dine With Me contest at the shitoo.
I'm really not qualified to assess much of Jarvis' depravity except on food, narcissism, and fascist rhetoric. So I can go on and on. But there's something really wrong here. News flash.
---
I think a lot of Marie's issues with food stem from the fact that she hasn't been exposed to good cooking, whether that's from home or a restaurant. To be a good cook, like anything else in life, you must be exposed to a variety of ideas and you MUST practice BEFORE serving a new dish to paying customers! Her standing there trying to defend the mess was so awkward. That dessert was a disaster for two reasons: she didn't practice and it looked very unappetizing - the filling looked like snot! Also, the juxtaposition of the slimy filing with the dry meringue is too wide, she needed an in between texture such as whipped cream or custard, maybe she did that, IDK. We eat with our eyes first - another thing she doesn't seem to understand. Greenish yellowish desserts are not a good idea. Fanny doesn't care because she herself has no experience with food and doesn't care what she eats. As long as something comes out of the kitchen for the guests that's good enough.

• Heart
  • Sick

Fromthenorth

joymichels
4 hours ago
Those books and the wood will be destroyed in those containers. At the very least the books should go in waterproof plastic containers. The wood paneling, however, is bound to warp and be subject to insects and, especially, mold. If you have a plan, Stephanie, please let us know. Very concerned here. BTW, I am a former museum director and have some personal experience with moldy books. Made me very sick!
---
@annmarie9423
13 hours ago (edited)
Comparing a soggy field to the WW1 trenches really???? One of my Australian family members died and his two brothers were severely injured fighting for France in WW1 so please show some respect!!! Please do not ever again dramatise your daily woes in comparison to war, it’s disrespectful in so so many ways. Very disappointed
---
@barbarahollingdale8064
1 day ago
Does Marie pays rent for her staying?

@mireille4751
1 day ago
She is residential staff I suppose
---
updated comments Marie birthday video

johngraham8794
2 days ago
I was surprised to hear that your Downtown abbey sunglasses are in an opticians in UK.. why not France where you have medical cover because you live there??

@mireille4751
2 days ago
In France glasses and dental care are poorly reimbursed by the general medical coverage. We need to subscribe a supplemental health insurance from a health mutual (une » mutuelle ») and special expenses are generally not fully reimbursed

@johngraham8794
1 day ago
@mireille4751 Yes I know that but to use opticians and dentists in the UK you have to pay your taxes in the UK, Just because you have a 2nd home in the UK does not entitle people to use the NHS because it is cheaper. I have a house in France and when I go to a Dr I have to pay as I live in the UK and do not have a mutelle in France.

@terezahlucha4613
2 days ago (edited)
17:45 That was VERY painful to watch. Because if Marie meant what she said about not celebrating her birthday and you still did this AND PUT IT UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE, that's absolutely unforgivable. That's a betrayal. You clearly have no concept of how traumatizing and disrespectful it is. Maybe it's because you Stephanie are an extrovert and a trained performer on top of that. But she is not. You know that very well. She works there, lets her creations speak for her and agrees to be filmed while doing that, but she specifically said that she does not want to celebrate the birthday, because that's too far. A yet you still did it and used it for your channel content. Shameful and inconsiderate. I am also someone who absolutely hates to be a center of attention and I have also told everyone in my family, colleagues at work and to my friends, that I do not want to celebrate my birthdays, and they respect it. They just casually tell me "happy birthday btw" when walking by and that's it. No cakes, no celebrations, nothing in public. If they did to me what you just did to Marie, I would leave the job and find another one. And I would have huge falling out with my family/friends.

@victoriamasnyk1958
2 days ago
This vlog was disrespectful to Marie. Painful to watch!

klaasvanmanen8214
3 days ago
What exactly did the courtyard repairs actually entail

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@mireille4751
2 days ago
I understood from a previous video that some stones fell from the wall when they took some old wires off. They had all the stones around the windows checked for security reasons.

@klaasvanmanen8214
2 days ago
@mireille4751 Ah, good. Just would have been nice to have Stephanie herself explaining why the orange barriers were in place there, because I definitely didn't miss a single video, and I had no idea what they were for.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@mireille4751
2 days ago
@klaasvanmanen8214 Some people in the comments also suggested that it was linked to an inquest following the tragic accident which happened to a member of the heating company. Another person hinted that it was a sewage tank problem.
Finally, some are waking up to the fraud ! About f..ing time ! :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
‘Let's try, let’s tryyyyyyyy’ exclaimed Fanny 🤪

Try what you may ask ?????

Renovate?
decorate?
Fumigate?

Mais non, let’s try to match the yellow plates bought at enormous cost to patrons, to the Louis feckin whatever plates for dinner.

WTAF is she on ? She has totally lost the plot

🙄 the editing was abysmal, the content shite and FGS you stupid women, once again, put Lancelot on a safety harness 🤬

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha

C'est moi

VIP Member
@mrsp67 while I’ve never been married, much less had a successful longterm relationship I do have a few insights into men. As a gentleman of a certain age I began going through andropause in my late 40’s escalating into my early 50’s. It’s also called age related low testosterone. My symptoms were very similar to what you are describing. Short tempered to the point of viciousness, belittling, frustrated, distractible and quite a bit scared. For me the personality changes were confusing and frightening. I also noticed physical changes, some involving the act of sex itself, some just bodily changes. And the hot flashes, dear God, the hot flashes. How you ladies manage that I’ll never know. I think your husband comes from a very macho culture. If so,he’s probably terrified and that will add fuel to the fire. Not all men go through this. I have a terrific care team and both my primary care and urologist did not recommend HRT for men as it often worsens the symptoms, not to mention causing health complications. They still sent me to an endocrinologist, who confirmed the diagnosis and also recommended against it. The best advice I got was to wait it out and let my hormone levels readjust. Once I was on the other side of the process, my symptoms resolved and most of the behaviors reverted to normal. I am still more short tempered and my filters are absolutely shot, but I’ve learned to stop and take a deep breath before responding. That said, if he is indeed going through andropause that’s still no excuse for his behavior. Most men are loathe to get medical help for the simplest of things, much less something they might see as embarrassing. He will probably need to be coaxed into going. I’m not a prayer personally. In this instance I have asked my church prayer chain across the Gulf Coast and up the Eastern Seaboard to put out a request. Even my humanist group is asking for good vibes for you. I hope this helps and you get the best possible outcome to your challenges. This poisonous troll will be here if you need any more support.
My God, @MRShavershamsdress you have just described to a t my husbands behaviour from about 5 to 10 years ago. I suggested he go and see someone but he adamantly refused. I was also going through a shitload of bad health at the time having had a thyroidectomy due to cancer and, frankly, didn't know which way was up! Somehow we came through it and he rode out his storm of whatever it was and I, after 2 disasters of medical professionals found a wonderful endocrinolgue and got my meds sorted out.

Another bizarre change to his behaviour happened just recently. His mother died. And he has become a lighter more ready to shrug shit off person! It occurred to me earlier this week, this change in his demeanour, and you guys are the only people I've mentioned it to because I guess it's a tricky, thorny subject. He was not close to his mother. She was a narcissist. And having moved here over 20 years ago hasn't seen much of her. But since her death it is as if an invisible weight has been lifted.

• Heart
  • Wow

Pekey

VIP Member
Happy Mothers Day to the Aussies , USA and I think NZ??

I am off to my daughters for Afternoon Tea made by my grand daughter. :) she is 13.

• Heart
  • Haha