The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a novel or a movie about an older woman and an ambisextrous younger man hustling rich old Americans in Europe?
Henry James, perhaps, or his buddy Edith Wharton? The Talented Mr. Ripley but with a cougar?
I think Kamal or whatever his name is is on to them. Even if Tobacco John is not.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
You asked how I was doing , really kind of you.
Actually I am really struggling and can see that I need to make a break as nothing I am doing is helping and it certainly is damaging my own mental health .
Fortunately we have an annexe and I have temporarily decamped there but it is not susustainable.
It seems unimaginable at this stage of my life to contemplate such a decision.

It is a huge thing and at times feels unsurmountable.
Watching the crazy woman and her very strange relationship at the chateau certainly is a big distraction!
I am sorry there are no easy solutions-but you shouldn't sacrifice your own well being because it will not alter anything. I wish I had some nuggets of wisdom but I think of you often and I hope you can get some respite and a bit of peace. xxxxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 27
From the Gibbons FB page after a post about the Pethericks. She's one Old Trout.

Hello folks in relation to a post written by Wendy Grimwood, & now removed by her, it was me who approved Wendy's post, it was also me who created the rules. I am very aware that we do not permit any Petherick related content in the group, that was a rule based on my personal experience, water well passed under the bridge & a matter that does not require further debate. That said I like to think I am a fair person, & I do believe Billy Petherick is an excellent video producer & he has & does execute some lovely restoration work. Hence why I approved Wendy's post. Not without thought I might add, the approval did take a few days. I certainly did not approve it for someone to crucify his character, Amy Sky. Every vlogger has a different style, some we like others we don't. That does not mean they are not good at what they do, it means we do not like their style. Indeed Dan leaves the camera rolling too....also some people are more comfortable in front of a camera than others, & Billy has achieved a lot in his projects as has Dan. Whilst I believe it is very important to have constructive criticism, as I have said before, it gives the content creators an insight into what type of material their audience prefers. However, this group is not the platform to refer to anyone as clowns, Susanne Petersen, unless they are performers in the circus! Stephanie & Philip are not clowns, if you do not enjoy what the channel is creating disconnect. Amanda Maxwell Lightfoot I note you actually clicked on the heart emoji, so you are clearly thrilled by what Susanne wrote. Amanda, Stephanie's vlog, is a diary of her life, her life as she chooses to lead it, not as others think or would like to dictate she did. Indeed she will do things differently than some, but it is her choice, not yours or mine. I certainly would approach some projects from a different angle, as I am very sure if she was in control of my life she would make different decisions. There is the point, we are not in control of her life, nor should we be. This group is very well supported by Stephanie & her family, how hurtfull do you think it is for them to read such comments in a group that is supposed to be for her supporters?....with friends like that she won't need many enemies! There is NO place in this group for hateful comments, comments which the author knows will cause upset not only to their topic but to other members, the same as there is NO place here for other members who give support to such comments by liking them. Whilst I appreciate members informing me there may be a post or comment in the group that is causing concern, I do not take lightly when members start to chastise other members & start a lot of dialogue. This only fuels the fire & causes more damage than the post/comment itself. We do not require anyone to be a vigilante in this group. Wendy was bullied by your comments into removing her post, that is wrong. Also keep in mind as I have said before, there will be negative comments about Stephanie, that is fine, as long as it is in relation to vlog content, style of vlogs etc...& not of a personal or hateful nature. We cannot devour anyone who makes a negative comment..they don't like a vase..they don't like curtains etc...that is silly, members are entitled to their opinions, we must respect that. There will be members who will have their membership revoked this evening, if after reading this post they haven't left freely.
I hope this clarifies Admin's position on these matters.
All rise for the honourable Saint Brenda of Donegal. For she has now spoken. 😂😂😂
Family Portrait.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
@charmainejfritz
14 minutes ago
why do the wonderful grant and his daughter have to eat dinner in the kitchen alone -?? i am not happy about this!! this is just not right!

@annettecurtain5052
16 minutes ago
Don’t bother with suggestions about the storage, they don’t read the comments

@beiderbecke1927
1 hour ago
The paneling and books will be ruined in those containers, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Please find another solution.

sorcha259
1 minute ago
Why a storage container? The chateau is massive .. sorry don’t get it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
@charmainejfritz
14 minutes ago
why do the wonderful grant and his daughter have to eat dinner in the kitchen alone -?? i am not happy about this!! this is just not right!

@annettecurtain5052
16 minutes ago
Don’t bother with suggestions about the storage, they don’t read the comments

@beiderbecke1927
1 hour ago
The paneling and books will be ruined in those containers, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Please find another solution.

sorcha259
1 minute ago
Why a storage container? The chateau is massive .. sorry don’t get it
Glad I caught the last comment in my previous post above. It was in the cd comments section for less than a minute and was deleted by the gruesome twosome, They are in major manipulation and damage control mode today.

• Heart
  • Wow
For all the trouble Marie went to for those potato blocks, she should have made Dauphinoise Potatoes, would have been much nicer with the duck. That was a glorified hash brown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
sorcha259
19 seconds ago
Are attics not for storage? Why move to one of those damp storage containers…stuff and more stuff oh dear

@RestorationDream
1 minute ago
After all of the lovely chapel restoration work, I am worried that the chapel will quickly decay without a proper air system installed. Do you have that already planned?

@johngraham8794
42 minutes ago
@carenvisser607 He never seems to be about when there is any hard work being done.. I don't think setting tables can be regarded as hard work...

@corinnecoffrini8024
4 hours ago
@rosewright4605 no, the porcelain won't be fine. It will craze in the heat

@nicolethijs5428
3 hours ago
Was thinking exactly the same. Books and expensive panneling should not be stored in containers outside especially since there is no time frame when the library and other rooms will be ready!

@RestorationDream
15 minutes ago
And tell Phillip to lay off the shopping habit, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
View attachment 2916979

jillychandler
20 minutes ago
Marie should get a Michelin star or two for her wonderful food she turns out! Many others have mentioned on here that it is not a good idea putting all your lovely books into a metal, unheated container, as it will ruin them. The same with furniture. Just keep glass and pottery in them. Hope you are feeling a lot better now Stephanie? Love and Blessings from Jilly & Madge, from West Devon, England. xxx

angelrays7
3 hours ago (edited)
Marie should be Michelin star rated by now!
Proof that all of these whackos aren't just American little old ladies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't think that is pee on the bag I have never seen a dog cock its leg and form a semi circle and no dribbles. The bag is undoubtedly dirty and left on the floor the dog could piss up it. Why in hells name don't they have a bread basket on the table. The food looked good but very small portions because Cod and arctichokes are expensive and MarIE will have the smallest budget. With the numbers at the table each meal time Fanny isn't even filling the B n B 3 nights a week as there would be 12 guests or is it because they no longer have 5 lettable rooms. Imagine having MariIE come in to cook for 6 people at a time as full time Chef even if she is self employed
Agree - and dof pee doesn't look like that when stained

Reactions: 14
Goodness me, what a kerfuffle! Naming and shaming members for voicing their opinion.... ! Speechless. 🤮
The old witch does it on the regular. It's her way or the highway.

and while we're on the subject of old witches

Come on Steffie, fess up, you're moving on up and moving on out as your hovel is on the brink of collapse.
With a bit of luck so will your youtube channel and your patrons will ask for a refund.

• Haha
  • Heart
I don't think that is pee on the bag I have never seen a dog cock its leg and form a semi circle and no dribbles. The bag is undoubtedly dirty and left on the floor the dog could piss up it. Why in hells name don't they have a bread basket on the table. The food looked good but very small portions because Cod and arctichokes are expensive and MarIE will have the smallest budget. With the numbers at the table each meal time Fanny isn't even filling the B n B 3 nights a week as there would be 12 guests or is it because they no longer have 5 lettable rooms. Imagine having MariIE come in to cook for 6 people at a time as full time Chef even if she is self employed
I recon it's because people are cancelling... seems every week she's saying "a room has become available due to a cancellation"..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Having spent 3 decades in beautiful 0z, my opinion is that Grahnt would rather stick a fork in his eye than endure those guest dinners and the pretentious, blathering conversations. His daughter would also prefer to indulge in social media than that claptrap with minuscule portions, served at 9 pm. For content, poor old FanFan would have a dilemma : " i should include Grant for life and humour but he would then be scoffing down 75 euros of michelin type cuisine ". ohhh dear.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
An unfashionable view to some, I know, but I continue to applaud Marie for really trying while keeping her head and her cool. My applause is not without caveats and the choices of dishes are sometimes weird questionnable. She homes in on things which are simply not time efficient or appropriate for the set up. Her plating up definitely needs to stop being pseudo restaurant cheffy. Ditch pretentious techniques. Don’t gallop before you can waddle walk. However, overall, I really give her credit. She’s also introduced some order into the kitchen and I very much get the feeling she rules the roost in her domain.

Even though she wasn’t trying to do that many, attempting to turn potatoes was taking it too far and I’m glad she stopped before she ran out of time for anything else. Seven-sided tournée vegetables is an art and you need to do hundreds and hundreds before it becomes second nature. Lowest rung of the brigade de cuisine ladder in hotel kitchens and restaurants does nothing but turn potatoes, carrots, turnips. For hours. Daily. A (tedious) learning curve!

I’ve no idea what was going on with the artichoke salad. Was the artichoke heart a hidden surprise beneath everything else?

Another time-consuming undertaking was pommes Anna (and it’s stretching it describe the end result as “posh chips”). She did an acre of them for the first part of the cooking process, before cutting into identically-sized pieces before frying. Sadly, I don’t suppose the guests knew, much less appreciated, the work that went into the preparation of that one element. It’s a well-known dish. Steff, the queen of fine dining, appeared to have never seen such a thing before. It doesn’t say much for the places she’s eaten at or, indeed, her alleged voracious appetite for reading cookery books.

I was mystified by Marie using the word roti when describing the “happy accident” (her words) soup as an “Indian flavoured roti spice”. Roti is a flatbread, the flavours and spices are within the meat or vegetables you eat it with. A bit of a niche thing to pick up on, I suppose - roti wrapped around curried potatoes, meat or channa dhal was a staple where I grew up! Potato roti is on my list of Desert Island Dishes.

One thing, Marie, never, ever admit to something being a disaster. Just implement Plan B and say the minimum. Also, a purée of this this, that or the other is very last year.
I think Marie left her cookery school course full of ideas and enthusiasm but as we predicted ole Fan has imposed an unworkable price limit to enable Marie to really put into practice what she's learned. Heaven forbid Marie would get any praise or recognition and the guest at the latest dinner making a point to thank Marie would have pissed Fanny right off as noone must upstage her.

She's trying to make the best of a bad job with limited funds but equally seems to accept being down trodden and being at the old cow's beck and call and be acceptable of ridicule. If she's not careful the meals will begin to resemble the joke dinners MariA dished up.

A truely toxic environment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I still think it was wild that Stephanie just thought she was going to order Grant to sort all her hoarded books into categories,
put phi phi’s china and decorating books aside, and keep all the cooking books, then pack them all into boxes. She seemed surprised when Grant told her he couldn’t identify all the books in what categories in which they should be placed. Stephanie then reluctantly said she would go through the books herself.

The entitled spoiled grifting little 50 year old orphan princess doesn’t do any work herself unless absolutely forced to do so. She has become so accustomed to being waited upon hand and foot that she does not do jack tit at her dump. When she cooks, she half asses the most simple recipes, and the end results are usually burnt or look like tit. She doesn’t clean, she whines when she has to do her laundry, she doesn’t oversee or do any maintenance on the equipment or the cars at the dump, she doesn’t wash dishes, she doesn’t take care of the dog, she doesn’t garden, she doesn’t take out her own trash, she doesn’t break down any of the dozens and dozens of boxes she has delivered to the dump each week, and she can’t do even the most basic “accounting” because she is “ bad at maths.”

If loser grifter castmember Snorty cannot shop every single day of the week and instead is forced to oversee projects at the dump with Stephanie, I think he will flee the premises as quickly as possible. He is lazy as tit, cannot even manage to start a fire in the wood burners, does little to no manual labor, and is useless.

I am enjoying seeing this big screwup by Stephanie. She believes she is invincible. People are pissed off by her Laziness, entitlement, nonstop shopping, and luxury travels, lies,etc. It is interesting to see how many critical comments actually remain posted. We know that they have deleted probably hundreds of comments that are more critical than those that remain posted.
🧵I am enjoying seeing this big screwup by Stephanie. She believes she is invincible. People are pissed off by her Laziness, entitlement, nonstop shopping, and luxury travels, lies,etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
@Pekey and @Gertrude Maud, as well as anyone else who watches Linda Vater........I can't keep remember who else watches her!

Since it's been raining all weekend, I've been spring cleaning, washing walls, moving furniture around, etc. I was in my family room today and decided to just let vlogs run without me choosing which ones to play so I could just have something to listen to while cleaning. A couple came up that I didn't like, so I deleted them and moved on to the next suggestion. Up came one of Linda Vater's from yesterday. Whoop-di-do! She was at a garden center and buying herself a Mother's Day gift. I let it run, but when I sat down to take a bit of a break and it was still running, she had moved to her kitchen.

What fresh hell is this? These glasses? I was enjoying a cold Diet Mountain Dew, and when I snort-laughed, it went right up my nose!

1714936882758.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 2916773
View attachment 2916770
View attachment 2916776
the real tartuffe
49 minutes ago
I'm very surprised by the comments today. I have full faith in Stephanie's decisions as chatelaine of HER chateau. She has meticulously restored Lalande over the past 18 years and is presently working on numerous projects with the finest advisors, experts, and workmen available anywhere. The chapel is one of the most beautiful and significant examples of French gothic revival architecture and rightly should be considered a national monument. This restoration has been made possible by the vision, foresight, planning, and largesse of just one person: Stephanie Jarvis. With wonderful Philip at her side, she is carefully building up and curating the chateau's collections. With this comes the responsibility of caring for these collections and, in this case, necessarily moving them to accommodate ongoing restoration. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, as the English say. Philip is the consummate researcher and project manager; and a rock of support--both professionally and personally--to Stephanie. He will have investigated every possible option to ensure the protection of these items and, no doubt, negotiated the best price for the long term rental of the storage units for the next two to three years. Stephanie and Philip: I support you! ❤❤❤
Hahahaha!! Just like Purnon!! OMG she’s got to be supremely jealous of them! This poster must be watching Purnon thinking it’s Lie Land

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.