The Chateau Diaries #294 Stephanie Jarvis looks like her farmhouse - a patched-up crumbling facade.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have not missed much. Big box stores everywhere, usually an untidy mess with scruffy looking staff. Homewares, curtains, blinds, bedding, rugs, heaters, lighting. If you need a length of fabric wait an eternity for staff member to shuffle along to huff and puff. Cafe on site Pausa, don't bother.
In their defense, I got exactly what I wanted online and shipped to France (prior to Brexit, I must add, so a while ago !) without exorbitant shipping costs. It was only the onetime and I don't think I've wandered back there. And the search I did was for the marque and they suggested Dunelm. Sorry, too much information 😅 I have never experienced their stores.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I much prefer Marie's menus and plating compared to Maria's.

The cornflake crumbs gives a texture not unlike panko crumbs.
The parsnip mash (which I love) was an unusual pairing with the spicy chicken.
The pudding of filled meringues accompanied by fruit looked lovely.

Marie's on the right track and Stephanie sounded genuinely appreciative, not her usual, empty, over the top love bombing.

Bundt cakes, cooked well, are lovely. They are essentially a very plain teacake and are a favourite cake from my childhood.

'What is so special about Bundt cake?

View attachment 2821841

With their moist crumb, delicate texture and signature shape, bundt cakes are a foolproof dessert that you'll come back to again and again. They're a real crowd pleaser and easy enough for even beginner cake makers to bake with no fancy layering or decorating skills required.'
Love Bundt cake! Although, Stephanie was just following a recipe and dumping it in a mixer. There is no shame in that BUT no points from me and it was definitely not flog worthy. Really, the only vlog worthy part of that was removing it from the Bundt pan. It was desperately in need of a glaze to finish it. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever had a Bundt cake without a glaze. Marie did a good job overall. I especially thought the salad was plated nicely. I didn't like the broccoli on the plate. I love roasted broccoli but thought it looked pedestrian but other than that good effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I loved we read on TL several postings lately noting the absence of any real friends at LaLande. And as if by magic a Chateau friends swap has produced needed content. Who was the random extra couple btw?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's epic 🤣
---

Or that fugly painting. Who thought that placement looked good 🤨
---

Wouldn't you think in a large project like the dump that you would have a list of items that were needed and accompanying dimensions, that way when they did pop up at auction you could check if it was going to work. It's not rocket science 😵💫
Proof that Snorts records nothing on that clipboard

• Haha
Reactions: 16
On the occasions I've been dragged into a store like that I've always felt faint and panicky and had to leave, I'm not elitist, I think it's the depressing domesticity of it all.
Himself is like that in IKEA. I try to avoid taking him and go with the boy and we usually have a real laugh misbehaving! However, when himself tags along it's generally awkward and not fun at all. Trying to ensure himself gets through the whole experience without too much stress.

When searching for large household choices I generally do it on my own then take himself for the final approval and PAYMENT 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Poor thing. She cleans and yet the room still looks like hell. Why wasn’t this fixed when B&B season was over????? As a guest I would never be able to overlook the walls. Would drive me crazy. I would ask to be moved to another room.

View attachment 2822464
The hallway paper is dreadful too.

I feel tattle should do a take over and burn the furniture and curtains, do a flash mob redecorate and style up each room so that it looks great.Unfortunately her patrons think it looks marvellous and Snorts is such a designer and our efforts would be wasted.
The curtains were not hung in Bon mamas room were they?
I wonder why Amoury smokes in the kitchen. Is he wearing eyeliner. Oh know, don’t tell me he is dresssing up with Snorts. 🤮

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.