The Chateau Diaries #294 Stephanie Jarvis looks like her farmhouse - a patched-up crumbling facade.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New antique mirror at the dump revealed in today’s video. How many other pricey, antiques or auction bars are going to be slowly revealed over the next few weeks? Can anyone figure out what option or place this antique mirror Was purchased from? They waste so much money because they never ever measure anything properly. How many more dozens of expensive option Mars in anntiiques are going to slowly make an appearance in the upcoming videos? The storage room in London must be full.

Look at all the crap Snorts has purchased and thrown all over the mantle. They both have serious shopping and hoarding addictions, as well as very bad taste.

View attachment 2822563.

first time tonight I don't think I've
1:54
shown anyone your mirror have you not no
1:57
there was a bit of an issue with this
1:59
mirror we bought it for the library the
2:01
future library because there's this
2:02
beautiful orb and a quill and a sort of
2:05
compass thing it's really beautiful so
2:07
perfect for the library it was a bit
2:09
small but then yes we tried it we we
2:11
looked at it there it just felt a little
2:13
bit small because the Mirror part itself
2:15
is so narrow so we thought we'd just
2:17
prop it here temporarily and then the
2:19
minute we saw it in place we realized oh
2:21
it was made for this
2:23
room the color the size everything about
2:26
it yes so that's a big success actually
2:29
though not for the room we thought all
2:31
right
Snorty is a sneaky, smarmy, conniving little squirrel. He sits in his over-stuffed office-cum-bedroom, burning the candles to the nub, drinking his sweet dessert wine, talking to his dead grandparents and plotting his takeover. He moves pieces of furniture and decorations around the shitoo like they are chess pieces.

Snorty is so manipulative in the way he surreptitiously shuffles crap around the shitoo. Snorty got Fanny to buy that mirror for the GS, but all along he had eyed it up for his bedroom. The question is why does Fanny go along with it all and allow Snorty to take over her home? Does Fanny think:
  1. allowing Snorty to move things around gives her some desperately needed vlog content?
  2. Snorty will have a big temper tantrum if she doesn't allow him to buy things & move things around?
  3. Snorty really does have design talent?
  4. better to allow Snorty to do it because she's too lazy to do it herself?
  5. Snorty's shopping addiction helps make Fanny's shopping addiction?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The boys from "At the Chateau" wrote a new blog

I love the pattern of the old wallpaper. I wonder how a whole room with it would have looked like.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So that rug from when she was13 has been around 37 years. Probably never cleaned it must have stunk. But they would not notice as they don't bathe much and stink as well
No, that was a new rug in the style of the old rug. Philip said the old rug had more yellow in it.

Reactions: 16
Omg. I thought it was from the farmhouse.... But reading the first post its not and its great. #freelancelot
It's epic 🤣
---
Poor thing. She cleans and yet the room still looks like hell. Why wasn’t this fixed when B&B season was over????? As a guest I would never be able to overlook the walls. Would drive me crazy. I would ask to be moved to another room.

View attachment 2822464
Or that fugly painting. Who thought that placement looked good 🤨
---
New antique mirror at the dump revealed in today’s video. How many other pricey, antiques or auction bars are going to be slowly revealed over the next few weeks? Can anyone figure out what option or place this antique mirror Was purchased from? They waste so much money because they never ever measure anything properly. How many more dozens of expensive option Mars in anntiiques are going to slowly make an appearance in the upcoming videos? The storage room in London must be full.

Look at all the crap Snorts has purchased and thrown all over the mantle. They both have serious shopping and hoarding addictions, as well as very bad taste.

View attachment 2822563.

first time tonight I don't think I've
1:54
shown anyone your mirror have you not no
1:57
there was a bit of an issue with this
1:59
mirror we bought it for the library the
2:01
future library because there's this
2:02
beautiful orb and a quill and a sort of
2:05
compass thing it's really beautiful so
2:07
perfect for the library it was a bit
2:09
small but then yes we tried it we we
2:11
looked at it there it just felt a little
2:13
bit small because the Mirror part itself
2:15
is so narrow so we thought we'd just
2:17
prop it here temporarily and then the
2:19
minute we saw it in place we realized oh
2:21
it was made for this
2:23
room the color the size everything about
2:26
it yes so that's a big success actually
2:29
though not for the room we thought all
2:31
right
Wouldn't you think in a large project like the dump that you would have a list of items that were needed and accompanying dimensions, that way when they did pop up at auction you could check if it was going to work. It's not rocket science 😵💫

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm sure I saw or heard her say the words "chateau swap" at some point but there was no evidence of any swapping. I think the other chateaux owners only buy what they need so they don't have junk to get rid of. I can't imagine any of them wanting any of Fanny or Snorty's bad taste rubbish. There was no mention of anything anyone took away with them so maybe it's all still at the dump! I'm pleased Amaury is managing to get the odd sarcastic and critical comment in. He thinks both his cuz and the child are ridiculous and he's right.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just stmbled across this acount. lol
:LOL:

Lancelot de Lalande

just a little marquis puppy, trying to live my best life in a dumpy old farmhouse in rural France whilst unfortunately being surrounded by knobs🇫🇷

This is fantastic and love that they're followed by TheExpatButchers. 😆
Holy Hell!

Attachments

• Haha
I much prefer Marie's menus and plating compared to Maria's.

The cornflake crumbs gives a texture not unlike panko crumbs.
The parsnip mash (which I love) was an unusual pairing with the spicy chicken.
The pudding of filled meringues accompanied by fruit looked lovely.

Marie's on the right track and Stephanie sounded genuinely appreciative, not her usual, empty, over the top love bombing.

Bundt cakes, cooked well, are lovely. They are essentially a very plain teacake and are a favourite cake from my childhood.

'What is so special about Bundt cake?

View attachment 2821841

With their moist crumb, delicate texture and signature shape, bundt cakes are a foolproof dessert that you'll come back to again and again. They're a real crowd pleaser and easy enough for even beginner cake makers to bake with no fancy layering or decorating skills required.'
I beg to differ I had an abysmal fail with a Bundt cake yesterday I tried to make a blueberry lemon Bundt cake but I think I missed putting in an essential ingredient baking powder. If I remember, I’ll take a photo later.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No, that was a new rug in the style of the old rug. Philip said the old rug had more yellow in it.
It was urine. Give it a little time, the newer rug will have just as much “yellow”, if not more than the old rug.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
It's epic 🤣
---

Or that fugly painting. Who thought that placement looked good 🤨
---

Wouldn't you think in a large project like the dump that you would have a list of items that were needed and accompanying dimensions, that way when they did pop up at auction you could check if it was going to work. It's not rocket science 😵💫
They said they have watched the Rita Konig Interior Design course and the first thing she says about auctions is take a tape measure and a note book and get your eye in and don't spend on things you don't need.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
r-hh6fp1gi1x
1 hour ago
This is what I love about Stephanie, her kind, warm heart creates a welcoming atmosphere.The people that work and live there feel appreciated and cared for. Not to mention how talented they all are. Look at our lovely Marie she has returned ( so glad) she is confident, accomplished ,happy and loved . Stephanie your father would be so proud of what you have created . Let’s not forget the joy that little Lancelot has brought to everyone at LaLande.
@terrylichtenberg7618
10 hours ago
Philip you are doing a fantastic job in decorating the bedrooms they look beautiful View attachment 2822294️, I think Stephanie should let you do all the decorating from now on, because you are really good at, you have a great eye for it View attachment 2822295

View attachment 2822296
@annaibarra3447
10 hours ago
He’s such an asset to LaLande, such a grand help to Stephanie.

View attachment 2822297
@rayn8740
10 hours ago
I think Stephanie rather enjoys decorating too. Together, they really do create art. The dining room looked so lovely too. Philip really does triumph in laying a table. He sees to every detail. What a team.

@iu.5146
10 hours ago
The walls in the bedroom need fixing. Is the wallpaper coming off or is it fabric lining? What’s the point of putting in all the pretty decore when the bones of the room need fixing? I also noticed in the last video that the wood of the chairs looks dry and full. It could use a treatment of Gilboys wax. Maintenance is key!
Remember people: read with a sarcastic tone - it'll keep you sane.

Better living everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
I beg to differ I had an abysmal fail with a Bundt cake yesterday I tried to make a blueberry lemon Bundt cake but I think I missed putting in an essential ingredient baking powder. If I remember, I’ll take a photo later.
Can’t be any worse than Fanny’s
---
It was urine. Give it a little time, the newer rug will have just as much “yellow”, if not more than the old rug.
Is it the same rug they put out to dry on the lawn when Fanny’s toilet leaked all over it? 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Whichever tartlet is responsible for Chateau Grift on f/b, well done to you, as it is very good. Let’s hope the word Chateau entices the followers who are still believers to look at the site. Maybe then they will have their eyes opened and see the real scheming witch and so lose the notion that she is a helpless little princess, who is always over exerting herself in order to please everyone around her. Then again pigs might fly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Is being dirty a narc thing? I noticed over lockdowns I bathed less and didn't care as I wasn't around people. So being clean may be because we don't want others' noses to be offended. Narcs don't care about others.
I've read people say that Markle and Haznoballs stink. Could be a connection,?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Snorts is allergic to ricotta, nuts, chicken and ice cream. Also canned condensed milk in Fanny’s desserts! What did the poor fellow eat? Poor, gross, lying Snorts.
I don’t know what the git ate but he kept eating the cake.So disgusting.
How amusing a ring cake. Why did Fanny choose this?
I’m sure there was a subliminal message there somewhere!?
No one ate the cake. Hardly any was eaten.
Was it a bartering party ?Lots of jam, flowers, was there a goat somewhere?

Tea became drinks became dinner and most of the time Fanny was in the kitchen filming.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.