The Chateau Diaries #286 Fanny has bigger bulges in her face than PhiPhi has in his trousers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't understand why the chapel guys didn't use ready-mix cement (the strength and mix can be selected) and a pump lorry which can deliver the cement direct to where it is required. The whole foundation done in one pour of cement would be much stronger than bits and pieces. The only skill required is calculating the cubic area so that you get the right amount in the delivery.
I know zero about building but surely the volume required to fill the tench wasn’t large enough to warrant a ready-mix pour? Plus accessibility of the chapel. I imagine iIt was probably more cost effective to “mix ‘n’ move” on site.

Seb seems really nice and appears to know what he's doing and works very hard. I think he's from the Limoges area and may do a lot of local work. He must be considerably cheaper than other potential chapel restorers that she considered using. That, plus the fact that he's attractive and pleasant, is clearly why he will be asked to do absolutely everything else, maybe the Grand Salon beams as well? He will be the new Ian so maybe he will bring croissants! He tolerates her now but will he be as patient with her in a year's time when he's realised what she's really like? In the summer, she'll be up the ladder in her mini dress and heels or sitting wide legged on the ground opposite him as she did with Ian. Let's hope his wife isn't watching the vlogs. Will it end up with Fanny blaming him for something that went wrong and telling the world about it in a vlog when he's not there, as she did with Ian? Will he then be off sick for ages, never to return? Someone should warn Sebastian before he starts any other jobs at Fanny's dump.
Sébastien works for Blanchon, the Limoges-based company recommended by the new (“his hand-writing reminds me so much of Daddy’s writing - I feel it’s a sign”) architect. SJ might be trying to Ianise him but she’s barking up the wrong tree - she needs to cosy up to the head honcho!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
And would the engineers understand him? For you native French speakers, is his French comprehensible? or does he mumble it in his affected "posh" accent he uses when he speaks English? I have a hard time understanding him half of the time he speaks English.
I don't think I've heard him speak enough to know how good/bad he is. However, for sure I would say that he's no where near good enough for a complicated technical discussion. I find it more concerning that she let him speak with the engineer in the first place as he knows nothing as regards construction/building works. I really hope Aumary was there and Snorts just stood around ike a spare prick at a wedding. He's thick as tit and should not be allowed any structural input at all or her for that matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
One reason the Baby Girl From Heck Bedroom™ (BGFHB) is so awful is that Pavlina is clever, artistic, cultured, hard-working, and has good taste. Been inspecting her Instagram. There is nothing in the BGFHB which meets any of her criteria -- pink woodwork, somehow both infantile and tacky -- which would include an appreciation of a simple servant’s bedroom in a chateau, combined with the Subtly Sapphic East Village Scissor Sisters vibe which is the rule of the game set by @Le Baiseur and the scope of the work here today.
Taking as my inspo the painting by the neo-realist Ingres of the Comtesse Hausonville, a seductress, in a painting beloved by the East Village hipsters of the 40s and 50s, de Kooning and Gorky, I’ve settled on a grey and yellow color scheme. All grey and not too much damn yellow, per the frightening roll call of twee tricked out grey and yellow bedrooms here, wow.
https://www.digsdigs.com/gre-yellow-bedrooms/

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 10.04.38 AM.png

The East Village, of course, being the font, source and home town of the Scissor Sisters band. See? We had a kiki.
First to go is the toile headboard, to be replaced with a double bed. The question is, a low slung platform double, or a curvy Euro headboard double?
I confess I also play with the idea of no headboard, and instead a wall-sized mural repro of the inspo painting, Comtesse Haussonville, as per Philippe Starck’s 1989 masterpiece hotel room at the Paramount Hotel in Manhattan.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 4.05.55 PM.png

No room in the hotel was larger than 12 by 14 feet; Starck conceived this genius idea for a small and minimal space. I love the white pillows and the white table with orchids to match at the foot of the bed.
https://djhuppatz.blogspot.com/2009/06/philippe-starckian-schrager-designer.html
If a larger than life size Comtesse were the head board, her dress would fill the room with luxurious luster without actually taking up the space such drapery requires. And all the ideas for texture, art and tschotskes below would be ditched for Starck minimalism.
In the cases of the low platform or curvy headboard double, the bedding becomes the major feature of the room. Mine would be grey and white, and richly textured with modern textiles, as here. I’d like to see a reversible raw silk/soft cashmere throw here, in grey. (Noted, back in the day, the sheets you look best on are different from the ones you like the best.)

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 3.11.23 PM.png

We are in a small servant’s room, shiny silk and toile seem way out of order visually and spatially. Glints of very subtle shine or luxe in a confined space, wormholes you can fall through, are of the essence.
I’m noting above the white porcelain sculpture to the right, good choice. For Pavlina’s room, something subtly Sapphic in white…..perhaps three of this five-inch plastic 3 D print of d’Epinay’s 19th c neo-realist sculpture of Sappho
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165034258839

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 3.32.40 PM.png

I think Pavlina needs a lockable business-like desk, wifi and cellphone set up. I’d go for minimalist.
A nature table, which could be some kind of open shelving. Ditto.
A desk chair and a guest chair. Ditto.
A book shelf. Ditto.
A yoga or Pilates space.
Surfaces for two or three bouquets. Ditto.
This sounds like $300 worth of IKEA -- or Amaury building simple shelving -- to me.
I’m thinking IKEA LACK shelves if they still make them.

I think she does not require a huge ugly five-and-a-half foot six drawer bureau and if she does it should be in the hall.

My art on the luminous pale grey wall, perhaps linen-textured paper, would be a small Comtesse Haussonville, a good reproduction in a simple frame, perhaps stainless steel. Because de Kooning doted on her, and based his sense of drawing women on Ingres, perhaps a few of the smaller and less scary drawings of women he worked on in the late 40s and early 50s, cut from this $25 used book and framed.
https://www.abebooks.com/9780691096186/Willem-Kooning-Tracing-Figure-Cornelia-069109618X/plp

Those Ingres-fuelled East Village years of drawings led to his most famous painting, Woman I.
https://www.frieze.com/article/willem-de-kooning
Even his drawings are a lot for a small room.
And his women are pure sex, off the wall.
Pavlina would have to have a smooth jazz playlist of de Kooning’s favored EV hipster tunes to go with. And a decanter of Jack Daniels, bien sur. For the nature table.
https://www.sfmoma.org/artist/Willem_de_Kooning/

A small postcard sized repro of one of Van Gogh’s sunflowers — or all five of his sunflower paintings, to group on some corner of a foreign field that is for ever Ukraine. This, and the bouquets, would be all the yellow I’d add to the palest gray and white scheme.
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 6.15.09 PM.png

Maybe white Greek key trim on the hem of grey floor length wafty organdie curtains. (Please note, Fanny, washable and ironable.)
Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 10.02.26 AM.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflowers_(Van_Gogh_series)

Finally, I’d work out a deal with the wonderful Ukrainian textile artist Anastasiia Podervianska to sell me an image of any one of her works of art Pavlina likes best for this bedroom. Perhaps this one, the skull on the serviette. It too could go on the nature table, with the bourbon and the nettle soup recipe.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I refuse to watch Ryan’s moaning fest blog.
Pull up your pants man and just get on with it! Why does he care what total strangers think, or are they touching a nerve. Telling it as it is. WHO cares! Just renovate and get on with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@graciemckitten "WHO THINK SNORTS HAD A MEETING ALONE WITH AN ENGINEER ABOUT THE BEAMS?"

I do... simply because she asked him pertinent questions about it, and he couldn't answer any... see that's a big problem with sending a child to do your work. He told her about a meeting on HER house in 10 seconds. Ludicrous. He's clueless. Nodding around after the guy.
1706721505219.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
One reason the Baby Girl From Heck Bedroom™ (BGFHB) is so awful is that Pavlina is clever, artistic, cultured, hard-working, and has good taste. Been inspecting her Instagram. There is nothing in the BGFHB which meets any of her criteria -- pink woodwork, somehow both infantile and tacky -- which would include an appreciation of a simple servant’s bedroom in a chateau, combined with the Subtly Sapphic East Village Scissor Sisters vibe which is the rule of the game set by @Le Baiseur and the scope of the work here today.
Taking as my inspo the painting by the neo-realist Ingres of the Comtesse Hausonville, a seductress, in a painting beloved by the East Village hipsters of the 40s and 50s, de Kooning and Gorky, I’ve settled on a grey and yellow color scheme. All grey and not too much damn yellow, per the frightening roll call of twee tricked out grey and yellow bedrooms here, wow.
https://www.digsdigs.com/gre-yellow-bedrooms/

View attachment 2726928

The East Village, of course, being the font, source and home town of the Scissor Sisters band. See? We had a kiki.
First to go is the toile headboard, to be replaced with a double bed. The question is, a low slung platform double, or a curvy Euro headboard double?
I confess I also play with the idea of no headboard, and instead a wall-sized mural repro of the inspo painting, Comtesse Haussonville, as per Philippe Starck’s 1989 masterpiece hotel room at the Paramount Hotel in Manhattan.

View attachment 2726911

No room in the hotel was larger than 12 by 14 feet; Starck conceived this genius idea for a small and minimal space. I love the white pillows and the white table with orchids to match at the foot of the bed.
https://djhuppatz.blogspot.com/2009/06/philippe-starckian-schrager-designer.html
If a larger than life size Comtesse were the head board, her dress would fill the room with luxurious luster without actually taking up the space such drapery requires. And all the ideas for texture, art and tschotskes below would be ditched for Starck minimalism.
In the cases of the low platform or curvy headboard double, the bedding becomes the major feature of the room. Mine would be grey and white, and richly textured with modern textiles, as here. I’d like to see a reversible raw silk/soft cashmere throw here, in grey. (Noted, back in the day, the sheets you look best on are different from the ones you like the best.)

View attachment 2726914

We are in a small servant’s room, shiny silk and toile seem way out of order visually and spatially. Glints of very subtle shine or luxe in a confined space, wormholes you can fall through, are of the essence.
I’m noting above the white porcelain sculpture to the right, good choice. For Pavlina’s room, something subtly Sapphic in white…..perhaps three of this five-inch plastic 3 D print of d’Epinay’s 19th c neo-realist sculpture of Sappho
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165034258839

View attachment 2726918

I think Pavlina needs a lockable business-like desk, wifi and cellphone set up. I’d go for minimalist.
A nature table, which could be some kind of open shelving. Ditto.
A desk chair and a guest chair. Ditto.
A book shelf. Ditto.
A yoga or Pilates space.
Surfaces for two or three bouquets. Ditto.
This sounds like $300 worth of IKEA -- or Amaury building simple shelving -- to me.
I’m thinking IKEA LACK shelves if they still make them.

I think she does not require a huge ugly five-and-a-half foot six drawer bureau and if she does it should be in the hall.

My art on the luminous pale grey wall, perhaps linen-textured paper, would be a small Comtesse Haussonville, a good reproduction in a simple frame, perhaps stainless steel. Because de Kooning doted on her, and based his sense of drawing women on Ingres, perhaps a few of the smaller and less scary drawings of women he worked on in the late 40s and early 50s, cut from this $25 used book and framed.
https://www.abebooks.com/9780691096186/Willem-Kooning-Tracing-Figure-Cornelia-069109618X/plp

Those Ingres-fuelled East Village years of drawings led to his most famous painting, Woman I.
https://www.frieze.com/article/willem-de-kooning
Even his drawings are a lot for a small room.
And his women are pure sex, off the wall.
Pavlina would have to have a smooth jazz playlist of de Kooning’s favored EV hipster tunes to go with. And a decanter of Jack Daniels, bien sur. For the nature table.
https://www.sfmoma.org/artist/Willem_de_Kooning/

A small postcard sized repro of one of Van Gogh’s sunflowers — or all five of his sunflower paintings, to group on some corner of a foreign field that is for ever Ukraine. This, and the bouquets, would be all the yellow I’d add to the palest gray and white scheme.
View attachment 2726921

Maybe white Greek key trim on the hem of grey floor length wafty organdie curtains. (Please note, Fanny, washable and ironable.)
View attachment 2726924
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflowers_(Van_Gogh_series)

Finally, I’d work out a deal with the wonderful Ukrainian textile artist Anastasiia Podervianska to sell me an image of any one of her works of art Pavlina likes best for this bedroom. Perhaps this one, the skull on the serviette. It too could go on the nature table, with the bourbon and the nettle soup recipe.
I love the grey with a hint of the deep gold color. Personally I love linen for bedding to me it always looks and feels so good regardless of wrinkles and just get better and better with age.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love the grey with a hint of the deep gold color. Personally I love linen for bedding to me it always looks and feels so good regardless of wrinkles and just get better and better with age.
I agree. And nothing feels better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why does Amury want to finish a bedroom that is not an income generating space ahead of finishing off the heating flue work in Potts apartment and the boiler room so the heating can be finished and Potts stuff returned to the mezzanine and it returned to semi habitable space.
There's absolutely no reason to prioritize this room, the kitchen needs done, why didn't he start it after xmas? He said it would be a push but he'd get it done.. that was 3 weeks ago and he hasn't started... The windows, if Amaury is good at them, could be done any time. Such BS.. He's played in his tool room all January..

• Heart
Reactions: 24
And would the engineers understand him? For you native French speakers, is his French comprehensible? or does he mumble it in his affected "posh" accent he uses when he speaks English? I have a hard time understanding him half of the time he speaks English.
I'm not a native French speaker. However I am native Dutch, so that little tit and I had the same education in French. He and I sound horrible to native French speakers.
My French colleagues thinks I sound horrible (no feelings were hurt by making these comments to me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Well Brenda, check your vision prescription, he’s not over the top yet. Perhaps you’re trying to psy-op your members into pushing your mistress over the edge first? We all know you attempted to piggy back your own scam off the Shat-oh Diarrhea and got kicked in the fupa.

View attachment 2726201
Psy-op! THAT'S the word I was struggling with the other day..... Now if I could only remember why.... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pull up your pants man and just get on with it! Why does he care what total strangers think, or are they touching a nerve. Telling it as it is. WHO cares! Just renovate and get on with it!
Gave up with that winger ages ago. Another work shy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I

I was thinking the same thing! Of course he's married. He's loving the attention and the Narc loves it back. Stef thinks the more jobs she can give the company the longer he'll stay. Umm, bad news, it's a company, not just him. He'll make her sign up for all the work (I've lost count now) ... then au revoir back to his wife and kids while his very plain contractors take over! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
One of the many interesting mysteries of the French is the strong culture of greeting and speaking to everyone democratically -- part egalite, part laicite. I've been misinterpreted many times by making eye contact and speaking to almost everyone who crosses my path.
I wonder if this handyman -- The Help is traditionally Stephanie Jarvis' sexual harassment hunting ground -- is just doing his bonjour to all thing.
And, what a witch she is to torture them about the cold and offer no urns of tea or soup. Seriously, what. A. witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't think I've heard him speak enough to know how good/bad he is. However, for sure I would say that he's no where near good enough for a complicated technical discussion. I find it more concerning that she let him speak with the engineer in the first place as he knows nothing as regards construction/building works. I really hope Aumary was there and Snorts just stood around ike a spare prick at a wedding. He's thick as tit and should not be allowed any structural input at all or her for that matter.
I love the idea of the prancing twerp floundering like the floppiest fish straight out of the water! Technical nitty gritty would be quite beyond him in his native language and his adopted language, much less his grasp of French that’s probably not many paces past la plume de ma tante.

My guess is that the structural bod doing the 3D laser measurements goes back to the architect and a technical specification is produced from the imaging. Nothing much to say on the spot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think I’ve heard Phi phi speak one full sentence in French once (recently), and he was hesitating and struggling. Single words here and there are not a problem. However, a conversation with an engineer is another story.
I base my judgement on my own experience when I learned English in high school and when I started to work.
In the flog, Fanny asked PhiPhi about the meeting with the engineer and he seems unable to answer or very vague about it. That meeting never happened!
Stick to online auctions, mon petit Phiphi! You understand when money talks!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
They are travelling enroute to Venice and far too busy to monitor comments or take down their Christmas decorations whilst eating and drinking complimentary treats in their 5* hotel room.
It's comments such as this from Lady Avonlea that I wish we had an "amen sister" button included in the like area.
It's just so true! She clearly used old footage the past few days and is on vacation yet again!
Oh well...I'll just say it:
Amen Sister!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Same here, he is ridiculous, I don't think he has any renovation skills, it will be Nick Moon doing the work with silly Ryan sweeping up and making the coffee. He thinks he is so charming and funny, he is just another grifter, and not a very good one.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I couldn't understand why the chapel guys didn't use ready-mix cement (the strength and mix can be selected) and a pump lorry which can deliver the cement direct to where it is required. The whole foundation done in one pour of cement would be much stronger than bits and pieces. The only skill required is calculating the cubic area so that you get the right amount in the delivery.
Are they doing one big trench which could be filled with a truckfull, or are they doing a series of six wheelbarrow full, hand dug pits? Naturally SJ is not filming to divulge the truth or the full story, but my impression was it was small pits that had to be hand dug so as not to damage the chapel facade?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
SO... I may not be a master mason, but I do have experience with foundations. How much did Patreon pay for this??? I say she was taken to the bank on this project. How in the hell was this foundation going anywhere?
Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 1.17.24 PM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.