The Chateau Diaries #286 Fanny has bigger bulges in her face than PhiPhi has in his trousers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't understand why the chapel guys didn't use ready-mix cement (the strength and mix can be selected) and a pump lorry which can deliver the cement direct to where it is required. The whole foundation done in one pour of cement would be much stronger than bits and pieces. The only skill required is calculating the cubic area so that you get the right amount in the delivery.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Stephanie obviously got my telepathetic memo about the wallpaper. The clue was in the colourway: coral.

She and the prancing twerp were completely off track going with such a pink tone for the paintwork, and beyond dim to think they were colour-matching under the vert strong artificial light at Brico. The sensible route (I know, I know…SJ and “sensible” don’t occupy the same air space) would have been to buy a range of test pots. Not take a punt and buy gallons of quite the wrong thing.

The mishmash of patterns is another cacophony of colours, more discordant chaos. It’s not just the wallpaper, headboard and eiderdown being a nightmare of differing designs and styles, It’s that none of them share a cohesive link within the same colour spectrum. Stephanie and her sidekick appear not to be able to see how colours work together, they don’t understand creating a whole room, just throw elements together and think it’s all perfection. Neither of them “feel” how colours, patterns, fabrics should work together.

In any event, a north-facing room is notoriously difficult to decorate. If you get the colours wrong, it’s the most unforgiving light and you need to choose very carefully.
I think she's also taken umbrance to additional weight comments since she is now intermitting fasting... Just hope there wasn't any milk in her tea otherwie she's starved her self for not reason as she broke Keto.
---
I couldn't understand why the chapel guys didn't use ready-mix cement (the strength and mix can be selected) and a pump lorry which can deliver the cement direct to where it is required. The whole foundation done in one pour of cement would be much stronger than bits and pieces. The only skill required is calculating the cubic area so that you get the right amount in the delivery.
If you speeded up the transfer of barrowing the cement to the tente (or whatever she called it in french) I'd call it a trench in English, you could have had a benny hill sketch moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We did just that, nearly three lorry loads. Very impressive pumped straight into the house.
1706707114368.png

I was under the impression that's what was going to be done for the chapel. I thought she mentioned that's what was going to happen. Probably didn't want to spend the money as usual, plus that useless Jardin Anglais is in the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
We did just that, nearly three lorry loads. Very impressive pumped straight into the house.
View attachment 2726491

I was under the impression that's what was going to be done for the chapel. I thought she mentioned that's what was going to happen. Probably didn't want to spend the money as usual, plus that useless Jardin Anglais is in the way.
You must have had a lot of bodies to bury... 😉😆 I here pig farms are better.
---
Oh my goodness! How did they manage to get Shrek and dear Brenda into that little bathroom at the same time? And matchy, matchy too. How twee.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am really hoping Amorie met with the engineer for the not so grand salon as well as snorts, and Fanny just didn't mention it to give Snorts more attention. It would be crazy.for only Snorts to meet with them. He thinks he knows everything, but really knows nothing. Did you see that the co.mental got hit by a scam bot? They b!locked it eventually but replied to each person it contacted, same reply.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Is there a significant cost difference between the 2 processes?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am really hoping Amorie met with the engineer for the not so grand salon as well as snorts, and Fanny just didn't mention it to give Snorts more attention. It would be crazy.for only Snorts to meet with them. He thinks he knows everything, but really knows nothing. Did you see that the co.mental got hit by a scam bot? They b!locked it eventually but replied to each person it contacted, same reply.
Snorts French isn't advance enough to converse and understand what the engineer is telling. Nor has he got the experience to ask questions about any building work. She just left out that Annmarie had the meeting and snorts was present. Feathers to snorts non excisting masculinity

• Heart
  • Haha
I don't know how you tube works, but do people get something for the more comments? If so that is why she left the Christmas stuff up, and paints things wrong and chooses ugly patterns. Just look at all the comments these thing generate. Like Dan only showing one dog and not replying to comments. Just creates more.comments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dear Brenda,
Are you really so afraid that your beloved group will be tainted by unsavoury gossip.....
Screenshot_20240131_142215_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Snorts French isn't advance enough to converse and understand what the engineer is telling. Nor has he got the experience to ask questions about any building work. She just left out that Annmarie had the meeting and snorts was present. Feathers to snorts non existing masculinity
And would the engineers understand him? For you native French speakers, is his French comprehensible? or does he mumble it in his affected "posh" accent he uses when he speaks English? I have a hard time understanding him half of the time he speaks English.

• Heart
  • Haha
Is there a significant cost difference between the 2 processes?
There is a cost for the pump hire but when weighed up against the costs accrued for the time making and barrowing the cement, it is well worth the money for the convenience and the health of your employees. The pump can deliver down quite a long hose, the best bit is when they are finished and put a special football down the tube that cleans it. It flies out the end at a great speed.

• Heart
Snorts had "such fun" when he went to help the Chapel Restorers.

---
There is a cost for the pump hire but when weighed up against the costs accrued for the time making and barrowing the cement, it is well worth the money for the convenience and the health of your employees. The pump can deliver down quite a long hose, the best bit is when they are finished and put a special football down the tube that cleans it. It flies out the end at a great speed.
You also have to factor in where the cement plant is.

------

Ratso would have been of more use to the Engineer and understood more than Snorts

• Haha
Reactions: 16
And would the engineers understand him? For you native French speakers, is his French comprehensible? or does he mumble it in his affected "posh" accent he uses when he speaks English? I have a hard time understanding him half of the time he speaks English.
There was no engineer that came about the dump to begin with. Nothing will happen with the structure of the main building. So yes, Snorts had a fake meeting with fake engineers.
---
There was no engineer that came about the dump to begin with. Nothing will happen with the structure of the main building. So yes, Snorts had a fake meeting with fake engineers.
Do you honestly believe that Fanny would allow Snorts to call the shots about something like that when she is writing the check for it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
---

Do you honestly believe that Fanny would allow Snorts to call the shots about something like that when she is writing the check for it?
🧵There was no engineer that came about the dump to begin with. Nothing will happen with the structure of the main building. So yes, Snorts had a fake meeting with fake engineers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I imagine he sounded a bit like this to the french engineers…

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hey Staphonie - intermittent fasting is easy when you arise at noon ! (For you, Intermittent alcohol consumption, is more burdensome.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.