The Chateau Diaries #285 Fannys's next scam Buy me a soul and some friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe we are getting some of it wrong, not when it concerns Snorts, as he is not a hot blooded male.
But maybe, just maybe, the decadent dirty grandmother look is what will (eventually) turn him on…
Scrooge “Mrs Stone” Fanny seems to be doing and accepting all it takes to keep her repulsive young femme de chambre around…
"Repulsive young femme de chambre", so good!!!!!
Dead now.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Doubling down on the "how far are things in Europe" map (because I'm a bit of a geek but also because I've had quite major dental surgery today and am good for nothing else ..). this website is quite amazing as it shows for the whole of Europe where you can get on how many hours on the train

From Limoges for example ( which is the closest big station to the dump)

Capture d’écran 2024-01-22 à 22.08.23.png

From Vienna

Capture d’écran 2024-01-22 à 22.10.20.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes, nothing's too far away. They've just waited until someone else has footed the bill before they went.
---

Thank you for that info. It's not something were planning on in the near future but I like to do my research before hand. We don't mind doing the drive as we can see other things on the wayand have a stop over. It's almost the same distance as when we drove to see my bestie in Umbria, we did a stopover in Montreaux on the way down.
Things may not be too far away but things are very, very remote. Two really good books about France say, first, it wasn't completely mapped until the 20th c, an amazing fact with wide reverb, and that there were little towns and hamlets to which there was not even a path until the middle of the 20th c.
Don't know if this is true of other parts of Europe.
Robb ledes this book with the most amazing anecdote about what one tiny remote hamlet on top of a mountain somewhere in darket France did when Napoleon's surveyer showed up.
This most amazing book recovers a woman's life from letters found by the author in her French vacation cottage.
---
Fanny has no real interest in culture, or history, for that matter. Remember when she was bored and uninterested in Egypt, except for when she went to the place where "Death on the Nile" was filmed. She only finds places interesting if they appeared in popular films or TV shows or if she thinks they make her look sophisticated for going there, like the opera in Vienna. I am surprised she didn't buy a dirndl skirt and go to Salzburg to prance around the locations used for "The Sound of Music". So many tourists visit places with great historical significance but only want to see where certain things were filmed. A lot of people go to Oxford to see the college where some Harry Potter scenes were filmed. Fanny feins interest in some historic places but it's just for the vlog and usually involves reading out facts from a guide book, or getting facts completely wrong. That lot, with Uncle doing a "Benny Hill" as someone aptly said, and Fanny, looking like the trollop that she is, make me cringe. It's very embarrassing for us Brits!
My narc was like that. As is the presidential candidate who is a card-carrying narc. It's not real unless it's on video. All the rest of reality is ghosts flapping their lips in silence. Lack of empathy, symptom numero uno.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Sorry to gate crash but how do I start a new thread on tattle? Maybe I’m going mad but I can’t see where I can do it??

Reactions: 1
Dear Marie, your "Masaaman Curry" looks like something that belongs on the chaise in Lalande's kitchen.

Stories #528.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Jeez. Are they doing any Beethoven? As probably one of the top three humans ever to have lived, I think eine kleine Beethoven tour would be in order. Also coffee house life, why aren't they there? And how and when did the Muslims get so close? And Hitler? Freud? Andre Rieu?
It's really one of those places where they look like us but they're not like us. And they're buying jackets?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Things may not be too far away but things are very, very remote. Two really good books about France say, first, it wasn't completely mapped until the 20th c, an amazing fact with wide reverb, and that there were little towns and hamlets to which there was not even a path until the middle of the 20th c.
Don't know if this is true of other parts of Europe.
Robb ledes this book with the most amazing anecdote about what one tiny remote hamlet on top of a mountain somewhere in darket France did when Napoleon's surveyer showed up.
This most amazing book recovers a woman's life from letters found by the author in her French vacation cottage.
---

My narc was like that. As is the presidential candidate who is a card-carrying narc. It's not real unless it's on video. All the rest of reality is ghosts flapping their lips in silence. Lack of empathy, symptom numero uno.
Our hamlet didn’t get full electricity to all of the houses until the 70's.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Our hamlet didn’t get full electricity to all of the houses until the 70's.
One guy wrote a book about the tiny walled town where he'd had a vacation place for 50 years. Life as they had lived it for the previous 50,000 years -- the town square, social and political life, local patois -- ended when electricity and TV came in 1963. Everyone stayed home to watch. Public life ended.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Dog doesn’t fit into Stephanie’s lifestyle- he’s a goner
Ratso was purchased to temporarily fill a gap where she had NO content whatsoever and she wanted to create a storyline where she hated dogs, but suddenly is changed by Ratso. All to change her persona in time for prime ebegging season at the end of the year and make her appear tha5 she loves animals.

Ratso was a temporary diversion, not for life. He is now a major nuisance when she is ready to travel nonstop.She has also tired of the dog experience.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
„Philip, Jeremy will leave lalande tomorrow, and we still cant find his mother. Poor boy… so young and innocent. He needs a motherly figure to take care of him, love him and stroke his hair at night when he feels lonely. I just hope he…
Philip, why are you suddenly wearing one of his mother’s dresses?“

IMG_4763.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Does anyone here watch Diego Leon's channel? I really like the videos. All he does is renovations, occasionally cooks, and sometimes preforms acrobatics on a trampoline :LOL: I find his videos so relaxing, and so straight forward. Just get the work done, no drama! His wife doesn't even talk on videos, just helps him.

I found him with this video... but he posts every Sunday and has gotten so much done since this video:

Love him and his format.
---
Can someone report on the Smuglies scared at the chateau vlog? I simply cannot bring myself to watch and I know some of you still do. I’m curious if it’s a genuine threat or typical chateauverse click bait?
It was an owl stuck in their chimney that they saved. Not a horrible episode and no candles were pitched.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Dearest Marie:
No, it's not "amazing".
Not by a long shot.
Sincerely,
Someone Who Likes to Eat Recognizable Food for Dinner

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
For those stuck behind a computer, under grey wintry weather, or in perishingly high humidity summer weather (I live in the desert, what is this thing you call water?) here is one Beethoven walking tour of Vienna.

Hitler history tour with Jewish architecture which survived WWII.

Imperial Vienna

Second Ottoman siege tour

Freud walking tour starts outside Cafe Landtmann, where I can be glimpsed guzzling coffee

Guten morgen im Cafe Landtmann, the breakfast menu to inspire your learning German
Wine for breakfast, you barbarians!
Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 4.08.39 PM.png

This reminds me of my friend's Aunt Gerda, who successfully fled the Nazis in the nick of time and led a cosmopolitan life in New York City for 40 years. She then retired back to Baden Baden and my friend, whose parents were also Nazi refugees, asked why. "I am German," said Gerda. "I want to sit in the cafe and drink my coffee mit schlag, and read the newspaper, with dignity and a little style." And so she did.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.