The Chateau Diaries #279 When you grift upon a star

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally finished watching yesterday's vlog, the one I stopped when she told the lie about children coming to sing for her. Anyhow, that room Michael's mother is in would totally freak me out, with the twin canopy bed (I know, it's a daybed, but might as well be a twin), crap all over every surface. When she showed the table set up as a tea and coffee station, I had to laugh - a little basket of Hershey's chocolate bars. I mean no offense to anyone that likes Hershey chocolate, but that's just about the lowest form of candy bar you could give someone, where I'm from. Good for smores and not much else. You're in f*cking France! Get her some decent chocolate! After all the fuss made last year about Philip's special Leeeeemoooooj box (Limoge, I tried to replicate Stephanie's horrid French in my writing) filled with special French candy for Amaury's mother, I couldn't help but feel badly for Michael's mother.

As many of you have said, something is up. No one in that place does anything, so why all the last minute prep for the holidays? For the one guest they show coming, the mother of one of the owners? There's absolutely no reason for it to be as lackluster as it is, except for the fact that she didn't want to go to all the trouble because she wasn't going to be there for Christmas. For Christmas to be such a slipshod thing, when in the past it was all about over-abundance, these vlogs have been very curious, indeed. Must be such a let-down for her fans who've come to expect the over-the-top shenanigans.
Am sure the Hershey’s chocolate was leftover from some sad Gift Grab. All of the good stuff that could have miserly recycled for guests would been long gone.

Feel like the Shitoo should be renamed Dickens Little Dorrit or possibly Dickens Petite Dorrit because it is surely going to collapse on itself with all of the grift. Only manky hair extensions would left of Lady Phyllis’ existence! Oh and the filthy kitchen cabinets will survive along with Ruby of course!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes, there has been a lot of 'scrubbing' going on, not just now but gradually over the last few years when something unsavoury has come to light, or when someone has wanted to distance themselves from the chateau shenanigans. I wonder if this current wave has been prompted by Nic wanting to pull away from his attachment to Fanny's sinking ship and all who sail in her.

No problem though, there are always those of us who have been around from the beginning of this farce who have saved the odd photo or two.

Here is one of my personal favourites, just say the word if you want any more as I think others here have a much more extensive library than me:

View attachment 2643347
With those tiles behind him, and that scruffy head, he looks like a prison inmate.
He may very well end up in one.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I finally finished watching yesterday's vlog, the one I stopped when she told the lie about children coming to sing for her. Anyhow, that room Michael's mother is in would totally freak me out, with the twin canopy bed (I know, it's a daybed, but might as well be a twin), crap all over every surface. When she showed the table set up as a tea and coffee station, I had to laugh - a little basket of Hershey's chocolate bars. I mean no offense to anyone that likes Hershey chocolate, but that's just about the lowest form of candy bar you could give someone, where I'm from. Good for smores and not much else. You're in f*cking France! Get her some decent chocolate! After all the fuss made last year about Philip's special Leeeeemoooooj box (Limoge, I tried to replicate Stephanie's horrid French in my writing) filled with special French candy for Amaury's mother, I couldn't help but feel badly for Michael's mother.

As many of you have said, something is up. No one in that place does anything, so why all the last minute prep for the holidays? For the one guest they show coming, the mother of one of the owners? There's absolutely no reason for it to be as lackluster as it is, except for the fact that she didn't want to go to all the trouble because she wasn't going to be there for Christmas. For Christmas to be such a slipshod thing, when in the past it was all about over-abundance, these vlogs have been very curious, indeed. Must be such a let-down for her fans who've come to expect the over-the-top shenanigans.
Especially as most every European I’ve met, Brits too, find Hersheys to be vomit flavored due to a chemical additive. We don’t notice it as we’re used to it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Pekey - just saw your posting - clearly we're on the same wavelength.
You bet Lady Avonlea........ big Mumma Potts has $$$ in the place and maybe she has to sign something with the tragic accident and all .... ????????
All very weird that a old lady needs to come over to the freezing Castle right now?????

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I've not had time to keep up with all the Adopt a Star ins and outs, but can anyone tell me if she has announced how it will all end? There are enough stars, if all sold, for her to make well over the 200,000 shortfall that she 'says' (she would never lie) she needs to complete the chapel.

Is she going to stop people adopting them when she has reached this figure?

Or is she going to announce that she is going to keep the begging going in order to finance the ongoing upkeep of the sacred monument for generations to come (yeah, right)?

Or is she going to say that she wanted to stop when the 200,000 was reached, but her fans begged her to keep it going because their pay check/pension cash hadn't arrived in time and they didn't want to miss out on a star to commemorate their dead goldfish? (no offence to fish lovers), and she hates to disappoint people?

Or do we think that she will quietly let it run its course and miraculously announce at some point that all the stars have been sold at exactly the same time as the target was reached. (Entry in the books: 200,000 for the chapel fund, excess approx 100,000(?) for the Fanny Fund)?
did she ever say how many stars are on sale?

Reactions: 12
I just went downstairs to figure out what my husband was laughing so hard about......seems he found this - one of our favorite Saturday Night Live Christmas skits! It's the best, maybe even better than "shwetty balls".

• Haha
Reactions: 14

That's exactly it, she's the author of her own demise... Billy hasn't done anything around Christmas, but he's never hyped it up and profited from it in previous years as she has... Dan hasn't bought Christmas up since she and the Flounce threw lights at his tree...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You bet Lady Avonlea........ big Mumma Potts has $$$ in the place and maybe she has to sign something with the tragic accident and all .... ????????
All very weird that a old lady needs to come over to the freezing Castle right now?????
Especially since Mummy Potts doesn’t really know Baghead or Auntie Ton Ton and uncle or Amaury and Mummy Potts could visit Mummy and Percy anytime now that they have moved to the beach house which is minutes away from the home of Mummy Potts and Pottie’s brother. If she wanted to see Pottie, it would be much easier for him to fly to South Africa to visit her. Something is going down at the Dump. This crap was probably filmed a couple weeks ago and Pottie and his Mummy are probably in South Africa as we speak getting ready to celebrate Christmas with Pottie’s brother and family.

Stephanie wasn’t very welcoming, cramming her big man hand in his mother’s face and putting her in a room with a daybed and the tiniest bathroom in the Dump. Stephanie expected the woman to perform for the little pink camera after a 30 hour trip to the freezing Dump. Did you see a heater in her room? I bet his mother will only stay a couple days, get her business finished, and get out of the Dump quickly. Did you hear Ratso barking in the hallway? I bet Ratso barks a lot off camera,

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
did she ever say how many stars are on sale?
I don't think she will say how many there are in total because then we could easily work out the total $ she stands to make. I was basing my rough estimate on the fact that she announced she had already reached 100,000 when only the first four 'saints' of the ceiling parts had been released. Some of the stars need to be replaced on the bit that fell down, and then there are several (6?) portions left after that.

In yesterday's vlog she was careful to point out that in Potty's absence the admin for the control of the automated 'hover over your star' webpage was being handled by rank amateurs (SJ & Nati), so if they inadvertently sell 100,000 worth of extra stars by mistake, or if there is a fck up with the accounting they are not to blame. It's the patron 'thank you cards' fiasco all over again.

But don't worry, any excess funds they collect will no doubt find a home (as I suggested previously) in the Fanny Shopping Fund.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
The garlands on Mrs Potts wardrobe is not central, evenly bushed out, one side longer than other , nor the end hook hidden, he has simply thrown it up there, Snorts is USELESS at everything.
HE LAID A DRESSING TABLE 😅

He is absolutely useless. Who ‘ arranges’ a drinks tray with no tray.
Who puts a breakfast plate on a dressing table tea station?
He has ‘ arranged’ anything with blue on it? As for that utterly hideous lamp and shade- gross.
Potts mother took it all in! Fanny was surprised when Potts mother said it looked different.
She is right Snorts tacky trinkets are everywhere. The other side table had some Wedgwood jasperware trinket dishes that were from Grabeau.
Every surface is being taken over by the shopaholic, bored , hoarder.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
What a tosspot she is. I'm sure we can all trace our ancestry back to the 4th century if we wanted to, in fact probably royalty as well. A fair bit of bed hopping went on years ago, and a few offspring are scattered around....maybe that'll be Fanny's next claim to fame.
I have it on good authority that I am related to both Adam and Eve.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Clearly she still wants to cash in on the Advent vlog traffic that worked well in the last years, but for some reason she puts zero effort in it now. I wonder if we have reached the point where everyone else at the chateau is so fed up with Steph / Phi that they don't do anything above the bare minimum or what they originally agreed to do. Meaning nobody does any Christmas decorating and nobody films any footage while Steph is away (which is most of the time).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Remember the huge old butchers blocks tables in their shops, end of the day they were scrubbed clean and only ever had raw meat upon them in the good old days.
They were cleaned in the olden old days…with Ruscus better known as butchers broom , a very spikey evergreen plant with red berries that form on the leaf .
Wood does not make the butchers choppers bounce unlike the modern plastic ones which also blunt the knives and hold the bacteria…
Fanny is filthy her table is also .

• Heart
- 3 financially secure owners and several family who stay long-term throughout the year
-A 'business' assumed to be fully functional, charging high rates
-Several owned properties (the Mom's home, Stephanie's home in London, the beach 'rental', as well as Michael and Nick's resources)
-Huge YouTube and Patreon income
-Luxurious vacations throughout the year, expensive period furniture purchases, constant shopping, fashion
And yet, asking for donations for ANY project is beyond the pale.
Yes, asking is a huge problem, but it's the donators who are wild!
Fervents, as if in a cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It will be like Cadeaux. We're no longer showing gifts sent to the dump but send them anyway. We've sold all the stars but we're continuing to sell them.
On the matter of Cadeaux, I thought Fanny the Fibber was going to’ announce’ who she gave all the ‘ charity donations’ too.
Did I miss it?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
IMG_5717.jpeg

Carpenter Cuz has become an utter disappointment with no ambition or drive, no energy to get anything done. He’s been pussy whipped and emasculated by the Nazi and controlled by the ever changing whims of the Chatelaine de Monetization and her Gay shopaholic fake boyfriend.

I wonder what he will accomplish in 2024? Make another radiator cover?

IMG_5716.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.