Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

graciemckitten

VIP Member
History of Aubusson cartoons.

I bet Fanny purchased it for herself about 3 to 4 weeks ago when they went to the tapestry museum with Auntie ton ton and high kicking Hanni and is passing it off as a Christmas gift from Snorts.

How much did Fanny pay for the tapestry? Phi Phi claims “he” purchased it ( AS ONE OF HIS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FORHER…….. HOW MANY MORE GIFTS WILL Fanny launder thru phi phi? Shades of the $ 1500+ designer Austrian gown phi phi purchased for her out of his McDonald’s allowance?) Phi phi claims that he ( Fanny ) purchased the tapestry cartoonI at a antique cartoon shop in Aubusson,. Can any Tattler figure out where and how much was paid for it? They can be pricey….several hundred to a thousand+ euros?

• Heart
Reactions: 13

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
q
My hubby and I are doing this now 33 years and the stuff you collect is unreal. I have cleared out over the years but the last 6 is everything has just built up again. Plus my father passed away so we had to clear his house out and I had to bring the stuff to my house as my brother has one bedroom apartment. My parents were hoarders so I really try not to have that gene but it’s just so difficult to get rid of stuff these days and I hate the thought that I’m adding to landfill, but I guess I have to.
I see this all the time in my business, rather I see the “stuff”. I’ve been to countless on-site estate sales. High end to low end. It’s all the same. There are collections, memories, trophies, hobbies, passions…. You see the way people lived - hoarder, collector, neat as a pin, dusty as all hell, loved to entertain, history buff, clothes horse, more money than sense, no money but elegant, on and on and on….

What I have learned after many years is that it is all just stuff. It pretty much all can be replaced. It pretty much all can be sold. It just depends on whether or not you want to deal with it, or if you want your kids to deal with it, or if there’s no one to deal with it. It will all be dealt with once you are gone - by someone. Pictures, writing, art, sewing, handmade things. Those are the irreplaceable things, like the thesis that was mentioned. Some of those things are valued by collectors. Given the opportunity, a dealer may want to sell something like that. Many dealers scour charity shops for such things. If you want someone to get use from things like that, it’s best to donate them. Quilts, embroidery, drawings, art, even old Christmas ornaments are collected by someone. Sometimes the things people think are valuable are just old, but everything has value to someone.

In my personal life I used to crave having more things. My mother was a very spare person, she didn’t acquire much that was not utilitarian. I love things. I love to look at them, learn about them, make things, fix things… But I find now I just like saving things for other people to enjoy. I love selling antique and vintage things that make people happy. Things that are pretty, or nostalgic, or useful or just cool. It gives me immense joy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Pekey

VIP Member
bit more insight in the merry-go-round of their dating lives suggests anyone closest to SJ might be in danger of being next in line to be added to Potty’s list of concubines. That’s usually their forecast. It happened to Tess, who’s husband at the time was seduced away by Ruth, driving her into Potty’s waiting arms.
Oh..... then there are two sex pests at the Falling Down Castle !

• Haha
Reactions: 12

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Have you seen this Andie “ hedgehoglet in a cup “ drawing, a Phi Phi favorite? WTF?

Other drawings by Andie

• Sick
  • Wow

EvaQ8..the bldg

No, it's not normal. I do not have a background of overflowing alcohol in my family. Neither my in laws. We do drink on occasions but with moderation. There are numerous occasions birthdays, xmas, new years, etc. But mostly it will be a glass of wine(never full) while eating or a bottle of beer(355ml). Rarely cocktails. It depends on cultural settings too. When I arrived in UK I thought they were drinking a lot. There was a lot of binging in pubs. In contrast where I come from (Canada) we have ads on tv to tell you to never drink and drive and we have a system that is in place during the xmas party seasons (which is free) that runs all December in which you call a place where you can actually get a lift back if you have drank too much for the limit of driving your car legally. So 2 volunteers will drive and pick you and your car and drive you back home safely. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opération_Nez_rouge
@ComtesseRose Thank you ♥
They celebrate their 40th year of operation this year!

• Heart

Freesia54

VIP Member
Places to rent are expensive and hard to come by here too. There is a house 2 doors down from me that has been empty for about 3 years now. Owned by a rich local business man, who is known to be a bit of an arsehole to work for. House is kept tidy and lawns mown every couple of weeks, but you would think he would get some tenants in as rent especially when there is such demand. 4 bedroom houses like this run at $650 to $850 a week here so to me it makes no sense to leave it empty.
It might be a good idea to get yourself registered with your local social housing...make enquiries you may be surprised at what may be available ... good luck 👍🏼

• Heart

Kalessi

Chatty Member
Tennessee had multiple severe tornadoes last Saturday, if you want to see how scary a 150 mile per hour tornado can be, click and watch the dashcam video of a 25 year old man from Clarksville, Tennessee who got caught up in the 150 miles per hour tornado while driving,

Second story detailing the 25 year old man’s harrowing experience.
Why, oh why was that guy driving around? Clarksville has all the emergency sirens and notifications available. Probably thought he was a “storm chaser”. Holy cow!

graciemckitten

VIP Member
History of Aubusson cartoons.

I bet Fanny purchased it for herself about 3 to 4 weeks ago when they went to the tapestry museum with Auntie ton ton and high kicking Hanni and is passing it off as a Christmas gift from Snorts.

How much did Fanny pay for the tapestry? Phi Phi claims “he” purchased it ( AS ONE OF HIS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FORHER…….. HOW MANY MORE GIFTS WILL Fanny launder thru phi phi? Shades of the $ 1500+ designer Austrian gown phi phi purchased for her out of his McDonald’s allowance?) Phi phi claims that he ( Fanny ) purchased the tapestry cartoonI at a antique cartoon shop in Aubusson,. Can any Tattler figure out where and how much was paid for it? They can be pricey….several hundred to a thousand+ euros?
They would refer to it as a tapestry cartoon fragment since a portion of it is missing.

• Heart

AndAnotherName

VIP Member
Oh No! My fave, Our French Chateau, has fallen in with Babble just like the rest of the vloggers. Very disappointed. :cry:

• Wow
  • Sad

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
here is the audio book

• Wow
  • Heart

Thebirdandthefrog

Chatty Member
Who here knows Facebook really well?

I want to remove myself from Brenda's Facebook group, but before I do, I want to give her a piece of my mind as to why. Since I haven't read over there in a couple of weeks, I am assuming that she and her sidekick are still approving comments. I am 100% sure that my comment wouldn't be posted and that's o.k. If only she reads it, I'm good with that as the comment will be more about her than anything else.

Here is my question: If I delete myself from the group after I leave the comment, would my comment still be there for her to read?

There is NO WAY I am letting her have the satisfaction of deleting me from that pathetic group of hers after she reads what I have to say.
I am Facebook illiterate and can’t help you there but I think it is a great plan… hope someone here can help.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Did we know that Dan has Patrons??? He mentioned in his live that he has shared photos/ stuff with his patrons? how many does he have?

Reactions: 11