The Chateau Diaries #278 Fanny sleeps in her make-up, eats like a trash panda, and drinks like a fish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She says Hello Cuz . . . he ignores her, keeps his back to her and continues opening the doors. I love it.

Where's that lazy tit Philip when the chairs need to be unloaded?

Amaury doesn't give Potts any eye contact.

So . . . if the chapel restorers want hot chocolate they have to go up to the kitchen and ask for it.
We always ask tradesmen if they would like tea, coffee, water and always take it out to them . . . they don't have to ask.

Ick, Philip and Stephanie embracing in the doorway after Philip had picked up Gerry from where ever.

What are they hiding . . . blurred labels on the chair packing . . . another job for @Lochness Monster.
The staged embrace was because she just had sex with Potty. SJ was making Potty his favorite pie, like she didn’t know. Snorty said I love you meaning I know you were with Potty & I was with old man John now let’s sell some stars & keep this money train going.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
What was up with Nutty’s comment that if the Dump had heating, they would move in? Click to hear,

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Look at Fanny chiding Potts for putting his belongings downstairs. He is very meek and pretends he doesn’t hear her. He is frightened of her wrath and acts like a tiny child getting scolded by a domineering mother.

---
Not everything in the auction was Oliva de Haviland's.......it was an auction with a bunch of people's stuff. They just used her name for recognition and to draw people in. Some of the items were hers, but not these chairs.
I'm only pointing it out because they are not my taste and thankfully, they weren't part of Olivia's estate - someone else, whoever " Property of a 19th Century Connoisseur" is!!
Thank you for clarifying, I was just looking at the title of the auction, it looks like halfway thru the items listed, other sellers are noted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Set of 10 chairs and 4 armchairs. 14 chairs total.

Off topic:
click below, and look at the contents of the Paris apartment of actress Olivia de Havilland, who played Melanie in Gone With The Wind, contents were auctioned off on October 5, 2023. Interesting collection of items.

Found Snorts chairs

Opps I'm playing catchup, I see everyone has found the chairs already. Sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
How much tax free money did Fanny use to buy the two white truffles? Pottie was positively giddy with excitement fondling the white truffle. Tattlers in France, would you have any idea of an approximate price? Would it be a hundred euros or more per truffle? While she is ebegging for money to repair her personal chapel? Why does she show off the expensive truffles when she is ebegging nonstop spent around 4,000 euros for chairs, on top of supposedly 50% off discount Ratso ( 3500 euros + with no discount). Idiot.

They purchased the white truffles from this company, Laumont.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Look at Fanny chiding Potts for putting his belongings downstairs. He is very meek and pretends he doesn’t hear her. He is frightened of her wrath and acts like a tiny child getting scolded by a domineering mother.

---

Thank you for clarifying, I was just looking at the title of the auction, it looks like halfway thru the items listed, other sellers are noted.
Snorty didn't join folks for dinner and kept unwrapping his precious chairs. "Look Mummy, look everyone, see how well I did. Aren't these perfect. Sit down on them. Tell me how much you love these chairs. Didn't I do well? Tell me how well I did!"

No different than the day Snorty brought home all those ugly vases from Emaus. He ignored folks eating lunch, exacted their attention while he unwrapped the vases, showed off his purchases and demanded they immediately acknowledge and congratulate him. Snorty is a narcissistic, insecure, pampered, little spoiled boy.

How can Fanny be attracted to that child, let alone snog him in the back passage? 🤮 Honestly, Snorty was returning from picking up Gerry at the airport, not returning from war. What was that odd show of affection in aid of?

Attach files

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Meanwhile back at the Convent.....
Michael's prints seem to have paid for the scaffolding to repair the church ceiling....he's going to repaint it where necessary. (Note Fanny, the wearing of safety harness).
You really dipped out letting Michael go.....
Bonus points for The Pethericks. Not only do they
crack on, they're keeping Michael out of mischief.

What have you achieved, and what has Snorts achieved that is in anyway something to be proud of.
SNORTS has grown his ugly hair down to his waist.

How much longer do we have to put up with his ugly mug?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm totally confused. I remember, not long ago, they bought a ton more of those dining room chairs.....that they've now replaced with these new ones!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
How much tax free money did Fanny use to buy the two white truffles? Pottie was positively giddy with excitement fondling the white truffle. Tattlers in France, would you have any idea of an approximate price? Would it be a hundred euros or more per truffle? While she is ebegging for money to repair her personal chapel? Why does she show off the expensive truffles when she is ebegging nonstop spent around 4,000 euros for chairs, on top of supposedly 50% off discount Ratso ( 3500 euros + with no discount). Idiot.

They purchased the white truffles from this company, Laumont.

From the Laumont site:

White Truffle Price
  • The average price of the white truffle is between €1,500 and €4,000 per kilofor wholesale prices. Its price is very volatile due to its scarcity and until it is harvested, it is unknown whether it will be abundant or not.

• Wow
  • Angry
Fanny and Miss Chatelaine have severe shopping/online auction addictions ( and serious hoarding issues).

How many statements below apply to the gruesome twosome?

Are You Addicted to Online Auction Houses

Are you addicted to Ebay or online auction houses? Take our online auction addiction test to see if you might need help.
Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements:
  1. Do you need to bid with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
  2. Are you preoccupied with auction houses (thinking about being online when offline, anticipating your next online session)? *********
  3. Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online bidding?*********
  4. Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online bidding?******
  5. Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online bidding?********
  6. Do you use auction houses as a way of escaping from problems or relieve feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression?
  7. Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of online bidding?
  8. Have you committed illegal acts such as forgery, fraud, theft, or embezzlement to finance online activities?****************
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to online auction houses. These are signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly stole money just to support your bidding behavior.

Common warning signs of shopping addiction include:

• Shopping or spending money as a result of negative emotions like anger or sadness
  • Thinking obsessively about money ************
  • Buying certain items to improve low self-esteem**********
  • Feeling a rush or euphoria when spending*********
  • Buying items on credit, rather than with cash
  • Feeling guilty, ashamed, or embarrassed after a spending spree **********
  • Lying about or hiding how much money you spent***************
  • Spending a lot of time juggling accounts or bills to accommodate spending habits
  • Arguing with others about one’s shopping habits***********
Types of Shopping Addiction

Bargain-Hunting
Shopping addicts who are bargain hunters will frequently buy products they don’t need just because they’re on sale. Sometimes it’s less about the act of buying and more about the rush associated with finding the deal. This behavior can be hazardous, as it may seem the person is saving money, but they are ultimately wasting money by amassing items they’ll never use.

Collectors
When it comes to collecting compulsions, there can be a fair amount of overlap with other known issues like hoarding. However, collecting can bleed into a shopping addiction when the desire for every piece of a set or a rare item overrides financial concerns. Often collectors will want to purchase multiple versions of the same thing, whether it be every color, size, or style.

Impulse Buying
Impulsive buying typically occurs as a spur-of-the-moment reaction to seeing something you want in a shop. These instances usually aren’t planned, and the desire to buy the item can come on suddenly.

The fear of missing out or never seeing the item again can often be the driving force behind buying it. Price means nothing to impulsive shoppers; the decision to buy happens instantly, regardless of the financial consequences.

Online Shopping Addiction
With so many online stores, shopping addicts can be tempted to overspend from the privacy of their homes. Between the convenience of just clicking or tapping “Complete Purchase” and the saturation of ad-targeting across social media platforms, online shopping addiction can be challenging to treat.

Bulimic Shopping
“Shopping bulimia” has recently begun making the rounds to describe this type of shopping. Bulimic shopping occurs when someone becomes overwhelmed by the desire to buy something, but once the initial high wears off, they quickly return their purchases.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Here are the Jacques Garcia chairs that Stephanie purchased at Bonhams in October for her hallway dining room. They only cost €2,304, which includes the premium. Lord knows what the shipping charges were.

View attachment 2624723

[But to be fair, for 14 chairs (4 arm chairs plus 10 side chairs), €164-ish per chair is not a bad price.]
Sorry but they are hideous and not just the colour.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
She’s back……..…CarolineGooder aka Fanny/ Snorts.

nadeansimmons226
1 hour agoMy request is would you please go on a visit to the Pethericks to see Michael again and visit the convent and all the rest of the lovely Pethericks.

Fanny will never paint the nasty doors in the kitchen despite over a hundred complaints about their nastiness.
@carolinegooder7091
59 minutes ago (edited)They would need to drive 5 hours, and there may not be room to stay over yet. Mom and Dad are working on their guest room. Sade hasn't finished her apartment. Not sure Michael has finished his bathroom yet and has no guest room. Their Chateau isn't heated, so maybe next year.300books
2 hours agoIt never crossed my mind to criticize the old chairs, since I thought they looked good. But the new ones are very beautiful. If I could criticize anything it would be the gray kitchen cupboard. Just a simple coat of paint would make it look so clean and fresh, even if it's only a temporary solution. There must be some leftover paint somewhere. Oh, if I didn't live in the US, I'd come over to Lalande and paint the cupboard myself.
@carolinegooder7091
2 hours agoStephanie said she loves the sense of generations of use shown on those doors.

yjQcl8-o2jEPZMQVkHOfhM4k=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
@gianina206
2 hours agoeverything looks too busy, too many flowers. too much furniture are you all hoarders? Philips buys too muchhhh.

@carolinegooder7091
2 hours ago

They have about 20 more rooms to redo and use, so a few chairs for big parties will not fill the place. two new bathrooms are planned soon

TheTelmanes
1 hour ago
As much as I love Amaury, sometimes he seems upset about being filmed. It's uncomfortable to watch. Stephanie deserves so much more. She is the light of LaLand

kathyl3918
2 hours ago
Amaury really does not enjoy being filmed. He seems so serious. I hope he and Dan are still friends

gardeninggirl7300
2 hours ago
Did Phillip accidentally slice that cushion??

batteredbacon
2 hours ago
I am a great fan but Philips hair is beyond a joke he looks silly....get it cut....metrosexual or what it is not working... still love you guys...just my opinion

melindalewingellis1923
2 hours ago
Good evening from Louisiana. The chairs are gorgeous. The room just got a major upgrade /Philip would you check to see if your puppy’s feet are cold. Heat rises so his zone is the coldest. He doesn’t have long hair . While you guys are bundled up he might be cold. He’s just a baby y’all keep him snuggled up

debbiegiles1690
2 hours ago
QUESTION! Why aren’t these videos the Christmas diaries? I miss the Advent joy and activity so much! I look forward to it all year- it helps focus the season. Why no Christmas content this year

---
jimmyconnolly3461
3 hours ago (edited)
I’m currently making a list of everything I ‘hate’, to send it to you Steph. I’ll try to stick to furnishings. At the top of my list is the wallpaper that is of your father’s artwork

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
One court jester leaves and the next one immediately arrives.
OK....... if you had to pick one of them to be at your home for Christmas ( I know - terrifying ) which one would you pick ??? :eek:

I think Hanni....... I just cannot stand the Scottie dog and his cutie ways..... plus Hanni will be helping out with the $$ for the Christmas table ..... I bet old Gerry is as mean as ... well, Fanny! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
From the Laumont site:

White Truffle Price
  • The average price of the white truffle is between €1,500 and €4,000 per kilofor wholesale prices. Its price is very volatile due to its scarcity and until it is harvested, it is unknown whether it will be abundant or not.
I hope someone can figure out how to prominently mention the price of those truffles into a mean spirited cd TL thread 🧵 title.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.