The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wooooow! Just wooooow! I'm appalled by this kind of behavior! What amazes me more is, that there are people sending them money!

I want to go on holiday, please fund it! No, you don't go on holidays if you can't afford it.
I want to renovate a cottage.please fund it!
Get a job to fund the renovations! Don't feel entitled to someone else money!!!

You don't go on holidays, you don't go to restaurants, you don't renovate a house, you don't upgrade your kitchen IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD IT! You sit your grown ass down, work and make the best of what you have.

Rant over, carry on. 😇
As soon as I discovered his registered business in France was « leaflet delivery » I put him in the bracket of bull sh#ter. Cheap un registered labour for his clients. Expats will love that.
He is skilled, but now showing lazy grifter qualities.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I am not in the least bit surprised by Sean's request.

Quite a while back I wrote how he wanted viewers to fund a road trip.
Basically he wanted them to pay for his holiday which he would film and they could watch it on his vlog.

Recently one of his vlogs was devoted to how expensive it is to renovate and how everyone could support him financially . . . he really pissed me off.

Also . . . explaining his plan of action for the next part of the renovation, three times in one vid . . . is content padding and just plain boring.
Get out and clean up that tip of a yard.

I go back and forth about Sean.
He seems like a nice enough chap but when he starts with the very blatant e begging it's a big turn off.
I’m the same. I want to see what he does on his property but the blatant grifting is nauseating. He really is a hoarder.

Reactions: 25
How rude of SJ, she took five minutes to change for guest dinner but couldn't do the same for the fox artist's widower. Meanwhile someone could have made a cup of coffee for him and found a biscuit to accompany it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I do not know if this is evidence of wild boar.? That ridiculous fountain base….
Fanny made it clear she wanted a little mossy fountain to chance upon in that area. Now we have a concrete basin on order.
The ground there is on quite a slope. More work for Amoury to build a level concrete plinth for it. There is also no water supply. Utter madness again.
---

Old footage…this yellow roses were on the sideboard over the weekend.
It could be boar but it is usually much more of a mess after they've had a go, it's like a mini diggers been through. Possibly Badgers or Deer, or Snorts had been making mud pies earlier.
---
Pavlinas bedroom decoration….The plan😂
Just who will do all the preparation of the walls and remove the furniture.?
Fanny’s to do list is just choosing wallpaper.
How long have these headboards been dumped in the attic?
Also just wondering who is using Mummy’s apartment?Not Aunty and Uncle…
That place becomes more of a shithole as the days pass. They won't be able to have any guests next year if this continues as there won't be a salvagable room.
---
As soon as I discovered his registered business in France was « leaflet delivery » I put him in the bracket of bull sh#ter. Cheap un registered labour for his clients. Expats will love that.
He is skilled, but now showing lazy grifter qualities.
Really?! What an arse. It's the likes of him that gives a bad impression on those who are fully qualified and a legit registered business paying all the required cotisations.

The number of people who think Mr Spratt's going to do expat rates and cash in hand, as I bet the majority of what he does is.

He deserves nothing in my books then........other than a fine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
@The quiet one said:
So now Sean is at it too , why can they not pay or hire the things themselves, its all a big joke now ..the only one worth watching now is Billy.

Billy is a grifter too, I stopped watching him last year. He gives people apartments because he wants them to renovate it for him (MPK, Sadie & Ryan) & he created (& paused?) a patreon account. Most of them created Ytube accounts to e-beg.

@Luna20 said:
The audacity of youtubers! This is how weird their grifting is.

It's not just you complaining, other ytubers are complaining about how much the business has changed, they said everyone is now becoming a ytuber because they want people to pay for their lifestyle & this has 1. Made the business more competitive & 2. Made some viewers less interested.

There are still a lot of decent & respectable ytubers (especially the earlier ones) who are earning their money the normal way through ads & sponsorship. Even after losing a lot of views (& money), they look for other ways of earning money instead of e-begging. Some of them now focus on sponsorships, brand & business deals because they no longer earn much from YT adsense due to lower views. The more popular ones with more clicks, views & followers have long term sponsors & brand deals & the less popular ones have to look for a sponsor every month. I know a vlogger/influencer who took 2 - 3 months break from YT last December (instead of earning money through vlogmas) to focus on sponsorship deals, she put all her posts & videos on Instagram. I know another who got a full time job & changed vlogging to a hobby & I know some others who have taken a break from YT because the business has changed so much. I also discovered just yesterday (through other ytubers) a drink business part owned by a popular ytuber (I've never watched him), I went to the shops today & his drinks are sold everywhere. He has had scandals but he is one of those that has used the YT platform to create a successful business without e-begging.

YT is a great platform for business but some are ruining it for others.

• Sick
  • Heart
You may have seen this but it was interesting .

Thanks for posting this! It was very interesting. I had to sit with my thoughts for a bit.......parts made me quite angry, but in terms of commerce, it seems the French have learned to adjust to this infusion of English people coming in and not adapting to French customs, learning the language, etc., and those that have (like the French building parts company, who said if he didn't learn English, he'd have no business) seem to have certainly reaped the benefit financially. I just can't believe the audacity of someone saying "I can't drive the way the French do, so I'm just going to drive the way I did in England", and meanwhile where he lives, an area with other like-minded transplants to the area, has the highest amount of traffic incidences in all of France! Wow...that's really something! And the other thing that got me....the guy who says he will have trouble learning French because he is dyslexic (a valid concern), who implied that the French are envious because the English are "able to afford" these properties, while the French aren't! - as if assimilation into daily life isn't the issue at all! He even said that he always felt that if you came to England, you should speak English, but now that he's in France, that just goes out the window and it should be different for him? The hypocrisy of that is just stunning!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Thanks for posting this! It was very interesting. I had to sit with my thoughts for a bit.......parts made me quite angry, but in terms of commerce, it seems the French have learned to adjust to this infusion of English people coming in and not adapting to French customs, learning the language, etc., and those that have (like the French building parts company, who said if he didn't learn English, he'd have no business) seem to have certainly reaped the benefit financially. I just can't believe the audacity of someone saying "I can't drive the way the French do, so I'm just going to drive the way I did in England", and meanwhile where he lives, an area with other like-minded transplants to the area, has the highest amount of traffic incidences in all of France! Wow...that's really something! And the other thing that got me....the guy who says he will have trouble learning French because he is dyslexic (a valid concern), who implied that the French are envious because the English are "able to afford" these properties, while the French aren't! - as if assimilation into daily life isn't the issue at all! He even said that he always felt that if you came to England, you should speak English, but now that he's in France, that just goes out the window and it should be different for him? The hypocrisy of that is just stunning!
I watched it a while ago and it had me shouting at the TV, it just infuriates me hence why I am extremely cautious of most other expats. The nice ones are few and far between, most are after something on the cheap. The little enclaves for the most part are beyond embarrassing.........just eewwwww

• Heart
Wooooow! Just wooooow! I'm appalled by this kind of behavior! What amazes me more is, that there are people sending them money!

I want to go on holiday, please fund it! No, you don't go on holidays if you can't afford it.
I want to renovate a cottage.please fund it!
Get a job to fund the renovations! Don't feel entitled to someone else money!!!

You don't go on holidays, you don't go to restaurants, you don't renovate a house, you don't upgrade your kitchen IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD IT! You sit your grown ass down, work and make the best of what you have.

Rant over, carry on. 😇
Sean doesn't think twice about taking advantage of anyone, the price he sells tat for, and making out a bit of old shelving is worth a fortune as a bread board... does his wife work? She likes shopping too! Maybe cut back on the shite and buy yourself the tools of your trade.
---
Fanny never goes to the vege patch ..... only when the pink phone comes out.
Does not know what the hell is growing down there!
So....... she will NEVER go and sit by that fountain behind the Falling Down Church unless she needs it for content .
Just like the concrete table & seat she made Dan bring down, it's on such a slope you can't sit at it...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Mr. And Mrs. Adventure In Portugal have to take language lessons three times a week. They are free to everyone, they want a permanent visa ( Or what it takes to live there full time) and that is a requirement, also they had to hire professional people for Their roof and other building projects. I do enjoy watching them restore a o!d water mill

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's the same the world over though... You should see Canada.. ! Very little integration.. Have to remind yourself which country you're in at times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
And then, this…. What is going on with the hair?

It is madness give him another six months it wont be a partial wig. the water must be hard on hair there seems to be not exclusive to men either the woman who choose to stop there all seem to thin out on top

1697813025214.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I do not know if this is evidence of wild boar.? That ridiculous fountain base….
Fanny made it clear she wanted a little mossy fountain to chance upon in that area. Now we have a concrete basin on order.
The ground there is on quite a slope. More work for Amoury to build a level concrete plinth for it. There is also no water supply. Utter madness again.
---

Old footage…this yellow roses were on the sideboard over the weekend.
Why in the name of everything that's puerile, does Maria hide her face like that? She does it a lot! So stupid. It’s not as if we all don't know what she looks like. Does she not want to be seen without makeup? When she wears makeup, she looks no different than if she was wearing none.

Reactions: 24
For @Lockness Monster and @ Hedda Hopper:

In the autumn I gathered all my sorrows and buried them in my garden, and when April returned and spring came to wed the earth, there grew in my garden beautiful flowers unlike all other flowers.

My neighbours came to behold them, and they all said to me "When autumn comes again, at seeding time, will you not give us of the seeds of these flowers that we may have them in our gardens?"

Khalil Gibran
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I try to find joy and beauty in something or someone everyday. I also know that there are so many on this planet in much worse circumstances than myself. I believe in reincarnation and karma, and I may be working through some old karma now that needs to be addressed. Everything is a lesson to be learned or repeated until it is learned.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
ComtessRose, thank you for creating our threads 💐 and LittleMoreCottage 💞 for nominating my suggested title for this thread! I appreciate the honour!

Apologies for the last response, but I’ve been travelling for the past day. You’ll be pleased to know that I made it to the airport and got on the correct plane (even if it was delayed 2 hours ) all by myself! I didn’t need a support squirrel on the plane, but I did wonder why I didn’t get my surprise upgrade because Fanny makes it look so easy to receive on every flight. Such a relief when I arrived at the correct airport and I could even cope with that silly 3 hour time change!

Somehow I managed to pack only 1 suitcase for a 3 week trip which involves 2 different cities - one city has autumn weather and one city will have hot tropical weather, so different wardrobes! I know you’re wondering how I managed without a single Souleiado carry-on or outfit - but surprisingly I seemed to have done it! Ofcourse it helps to wear sensible shoes instead of waddling through and airports whilst tittering in high heels and loading myself down with endless duty-free shopping!

Heck I even managed a little power outage this morning without getting flustered and was able to upload online without delay! But oh my, this travelling is soooooo exhausting - how does our Fanny do it over 183 days a year?

Party in the VIP Lounge tonight???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.