The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, all you Tattle trolls, hags, and witches…one more week until Halloween! I would like to propose reviving the custom of updating our Avatars with a picture our “favorite” chateauverse character for Halloween! Mine is Teabag! 😆
Mine is Amaury from two years ago, arriving at the chateau with a gleam in his eyes, thinking he's here to renovate the grand salon!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I haven’t been able to confirm it, but it looks as if the company evolved into Borgeaud Bibliothèques, which closed this past January. I’ve searched a number of auction and sales reporting sites with no luck.
I'm thinking that just because they say they bought it at auction, doesn't mean they actually did.
---
While Nic and Cam were working, I noticed the pile of mattresses had been removed from the barn but the sofa remains.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm thinking that just because they say they bought it at auction, doesn't mean they actually did.
---
While Nic and Cam were working, I noticed the pile of mattresses had been removed from the barn but the sofa remains.
There’s no telling when they bought it either, the way they burn up the internet. The next delivery I expect is $28,000+ of antique Fortuny custom drapes listed in Chairish.😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The hair, the eyebrows and the beard.
Dan is starting to remind me of Mr Twit.
He needs some serious grooming.

And the same goes for Shrek.
Looking at him side on . . . his hair is too long.
It's almost to his shoulders and the slicked down hair around his head, just awful in profile.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I've decided to dress up as one of the dirty 'discarded but not discarded' mattresses.
I might fashion a spring poking out of my belly button area as well and I'll be covered in stains ofcourse, with the odd tear here and there.
(forgive if I'm doing this wrong, we don't really do this dressing-up for Halloween stuff in NZ but I'll readily accept any chocolate)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Watching Manor and Maker discuss how to approach their wallpapering.
Man . . . I am riveted by their messy disorganised cupboards . . . I want to get in there and do some organising . . . I like tidy cupboards. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Shrek 'pretend surprised' they got a sponsored laser measure. :rolleyes:
You need to up those acting skills Steve.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So Fanny said that Snorts reminded her of a gay man who made a pass at her straight father? Let that sink in..... Also Fanny doesn't have a clue what is going on in her own house, she is just the cash cow.... Pay those bills with other peoples money girl....between chapel restoration and clipping bird wings. To just about anything. Clueless

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've chosen Isabelle as my Halloween avatar because, like this old timey picture, she's an OLD BAT!🦇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Lord have mercy ….

In preparation for Halloween and/or thanksgiving at Lalande, Beeeeeckkyyyyy is doing stuff

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Mais oui. Even when the Gay Twank pays, she pays. He has no money of his own. No actual income. It all comes from the Cougar Chatelaine and goes right back to her. He is a kept manchild. He has nothing. In the end, the stuff he buys and hoards is all hers and he is just one fight, just one indiscretion away from losing it all…which pray Tattle will happen soon.
You know what I've been carefully absorbing. Philip and Marie are getting to chummy and cosy. Is it just me but something tells me they're having an affair!!!!!

Reactions: 14
---
They probably moved them back inside
---
The hair, the eyebrows and the beard.
Dan is starting to remind me of Mr Twit.
He needs some serious grooming.

And the same goes for Shrek.
Looking at him side on . . . his hair is too long.
It's almost to his shoulders and the slicked down hair around his head, just awful in profile.
Stephanie apparently loves long disgusting hair on men

• Haha
  • Sick
What a bloody boring CD that was and yet ...... old Fanny will get $$ for it !
Why did we not See the Chapel restorers ?
Oh, they do not want to be photographed and I guess if she pisses them off ..... they will not return!
So...... lay your bets Hags......... do you think the chickens will get a new fenced off patch like Pavlina would like ??? Nuh !
Lucky their road is not busy as there would be Chicken Road Kill a plenty!

I think we have all missed the latest miracle at the shittoo. I’m sure that there are no longer acrow props holding up the ceiling in the big room. Difficult to be certain as there is so much crap in there but can’t see any yellow props anymore.
Mummy dears eyes, Fraudy Fanny’s hip and now a ceiling that was in imminent danger of collapsing magically mended.
And the blossoming friendship between FRK and smugmug is a deliberate ploy to get us tartlets and everyone else talking about it, thus covering up something else that is going on. What devious deeds are we not meant to be seeing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I believe it made have been made in the 1930’s or 1940’s. IMHO, I think the name of g. Borg…. Is a name plate or identifier for the store, and it was used in Paris. I believe that name of that store is where they sold other books or some types of documents so the cardboard filing boxes could be used for receipts or other types of things. I don’t know who actually made the cabinet itself but I do not believe it’s the George whatever nameplate on the back of the cabinet ( I could be wrong). That just details the owner/ business who owned and used the filing cabinet.

Is there any talented Tattler who can screenshot it and run it through a Google search to see if they can locate which auction Snorts purchased the cabinet from? We know that it’s either item number 498 or lot number 498, it was shipped to the dump, if it’s been used in a store that was located in in downtown Paris, it was likely purchased by someone in the Parisian area or in France. I don’t know when he actually purchased it online, but snorts mentioned that it was from a house clearance? It sounds like an estate sale of some type. Snorts loves French online auctions.

I don’t know what type of auction sites that snorts regularly and obsessively scans for items to buy for the dump. I would assume that if the item is being shipped to them., It would not necessarily be a heavy item if the majority of it is made of cardboard, it just has a wooden frame, and was probably from somewhere in France.

I would assume it was probably purchased within the last two months, and that the auction company promptly shipped the item to the dump. If the gruesome twosome had to pick it up, it would take them months to pick up the cabinet. I don’t recall what the French word was that Frankenfraudie used to describe the item, le casseurs ( sp?) . I would be very surprised if she actually purchased the item and had the item shipped to the dump for €100. Stranger things have happened, but it is suspicious that Frankenfraudie chose a figure that doubled her previous fake figure a €50 that she uses for everything ( and was busted as a lie on multiple occasions).

The challenge is on for any intrepid Tattler who is willing to undertake the investigative skills to locate this elusive “ bargain.”

kelispiegel5784
17 hours ago (edited)
Georges Borgeaud is the name of the shop and the address was 41 Rue de Saintes-Peres in Paris
I took a picture and ran through Google and this is what I came up with, after digging through all of the pics that popped up that didn't look anything like the one she has. I've also Googled all manner of cartonnier - painted, reproduction, etc. and can't come up with something that looks like hers. But I did find the real thing from 1825 that is very similar in style to hers.

I couldn't figure out what the heck she called it in French, since her French is so god awful, I looked through the comments and a kind soul spelled it out. I've looked online and don't see a thing that is reproduction, as hers is.

It is literally like looking for a needle in a haystack, so I don't know how much more time I want to spend on it. It sounded like Philip bought it from a person clearing out their house. I know, I know, he lies all the time.....but if this is true, it may be impossible to find. He could have gotten it from Facebook Marketplace or any sort of online, local selling place. One reason I feel he may be telling the truth is that he seemed unaware of the broken leg as well as the fact that there was no key. Any reputable place would have noted both issues, like the listing on 1st dibs does - it mentions that it is in locking order. Also, the fact that there were items inside could mean the person he bought from didn't know it was a filing cabinet....they could have called it something else entirely. The fact that someone left some papers of vendors in the cabinet doesn't mean the item is from that particular vendor. I have a drawer in one of my chest of drawers that I just went through the other day and found receipts for all manner of antique items, some of which I no longer own (plus, a receipt for a refrigerator I bought 20 years ago)!

At the end of the day, yet another vlog with her flaunting her purchases - shameful. I can't stand this woman.

1698175431665.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Has Dan fallen out with Nick, wasn't he supposed to be working with him for two weeks.

Reactions: 12
Has Dan fallen out with Nick, wasn't he supposed to be working with him for two weeks.
You don't think that Dan has timey-wimey issues, like Stephanie does?
I don't trust either one of them to be presenting vlogs that are correct, time-wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.