The Chateau Diaries #269 At last Stephanie spoke the truth and admitted it herself to be an imposter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks Comtesse Rose for always being on the job! Great title and thanks to all those that suggested it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
In the spirit of inspiration to face the day's march, may I present the really wonderful *Little Richard, I Am Everything* documentary? You can rent it on Ama for 99 cents. Philip Janssen wishes he was 1/25,000th the man Little Richard was.

Reactions: 12
Fanny’s disjointed, start-stop, half-finished approach is because she:
- has the attention span on a fly
- gets confused by numbers that require basic math and sums
- has no organizational or project management skills
- dithers rather than decides (part of her ditzy, dumb blonde, poor little me persona she has relied on to attract men)
- is fundamentally lazy and adulting is hard work
- knows she’s a fraud and imposter
- is selfish and resents spending money on anything or anyone other than herself
- prefers fantasy to reality and will always be Daddy’s pampered little princess (because Derek also lived in some warped little fantasy world)

Reactions: 26
No apologies needed. I’m teetering between anger and sadness over this latest showing of the world’s ability for horrific and devastating violence against innocent human beings. Your neighbor’s loss is so heartbreaking and beyond painful even to hear about. Thank you for the reminder to do all we can to support the relief efforts. Quoting a lyric from John Mayer’s song “Waiting on the world to change”,

‘So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting
Waiting on the world to change

It's hard to beat the system
When we're standing at a distance
So we keep waiting on (waiting)
Waiting on the world to change’.

I sometimes loose hope when violence seems to be taking over. But, I keep waiting. What else is there to do?

Reactions: 25
There has been a bit of discussion here about Amaury's lack of finishing anything and working sooooo slooooowly. I think this may be due in part to his poor work habits just like his cuz. I know Fanny likes to jerk him around, but he doesn't stand up to her. Has he ever worked for anyone? Has he ever had a job review? Pressure to finish what he starts? A timeline? Competition? Or has mom and dad always babied him? His skills are high, but honestly, I don't see him working for anyone. I can imagine him walking off the job if he was under any kind of pressure because he knows mom and dad are right there. Like, Phi, Natti, MariE, and MariA they have no plan B, they have very weak resumes and lack ambition. None of them have a college degree that I know of. Life doesn't always work out the way you had planned, it rarely does. What would any of them do if the whole CD thing collapses? Amaury would live off of his parents along with Natti. Even that is a bad plan as one's personal financial situation can take a turn for the worse for so many reasons. Amaury is the least risk taker of them all. I find him weak in character.

Reactions: 22
Kind and insightful, thank you.
Still trying to comprehend Stephanie's total lack of willingness to renovate.
All I can tell you is that it took my narc 30 years to get his PhD. Fear of change? Fear of critique? Nausea when the first effort becomes concrete and it's not the paaaarfect pergola of paradise you had envisioned?
That one's kind of a downer for any creative, your product is never as beautiful or exciting as the one in your head, or the next one you're planning. But the mature writer/sculptor/renovator says let's not make paarfect the enemy of the good. Unless you're producing art, you're just being a gasbag.

Reactions: 17
I have decided to only watch Fanny in black and white. That way I don't have to debate the color of her eyes anymore, which I still think are blue.

Paucillin boy.
Just how much did his parents spend on his birthday plates?

Snorts announces that he is busy finishing’ sets’ of paucillin . Fanny has spent years just buying one of each . This is going to amount to thousands being spent, as in his mind he must have 20 of everything. He gets bored laying the table with the same china. Who does he think he is?
Stately homes which the dump certainly is not, have far fewer sets of china.

Attachments

Reactions: 24
I'd be surprised if he's worked for anyone else, worked for his Dad yes. Or maybe self employed doing bespoke jobs but never to a time scale. Would he be able to take the pressure of multiple clients, out quoting for jobs and doing estimates, invoicing and tax returns?

Will he ever snap, questionable.

All of them there just drift along with it with total lack of purpose, much like the owner.

They may be a bit overblown and blousey but at least when Chantal and Stephen are there, they bring a bit of energy to the place (even if it's just the matchy matchy coordinated dressing), otherwise it would slither to a stop.

Reactions: 27
To your point, yes, THOUSANDS.
Here's a current listing on eBay for 18 place settings. Says there are 26 people watching the auction...wonder if he's one of them?
**it's a 'local pickup only auction' out of NYC. Do they have a friend in NYC who could pick it up for them? Bet Coco would do it for them! But, that's an awful risky thing to ship, thousands could be spent on shipping, too.

Reactions: 19
It is devastating and it’s one horrible story after another. I couldn’t sleep the other night after accidentally watching some terribly strong images. It is all heartbreaking, absurd and pure evil. From one war to another, like we never learn anything. As a civilization we are a disaster, we have definitely failed, something is very wrong with the human mind.

Please give your neighbor a hug for me, just tell her a friend send a hug and is very sorry for her losses.

Reactions: 24
He has no imagination! Zero, zilch, nada, none. He doesn't understand ANY of the elements of good design. He obviously hasn't heard the phrase "Less is more". I love blue, but you need to be careful when using it for table settings as it doesn't always complement food. He should go very minimal and neutral because ALL of MariA's attempts are VERY colorful and ALL of MariE's floral attempts use every color in the rainbow. Tip: get together and decide who is going to provide the rainbow for that meal, the others need to back off! One explosion of color is more than enough but they just can't help themselves. It's very childlike, no editing, no discipline.

Reactions: 23
Charity Nav always lists its top 10 charities every year and Direct Relief is frequently their number one. People never forget contributions made in the names of the dead.
It sounds like you're being helpful workwise.
One of my next-door neighbors was killed in 9/11. He left a fiancee, a beautiful young lady, who was surrounded by sharks and disaster whores the minute the families had to go home. Like the landlord hit on her kind of thing. I showed up when the crowd was there with casseroles (she herself didn't eat for like a year, though) and quietly without an agenda at increasing intervals afterwards. I'd ask is there was anything practical she needed help with. I chalked a poem on the local basketball court dedicated to him.
I remember him on social media every year without making a big deal, or using his full name, or mentioning hers. Part of it is he has no grave, even though there's a scholarship fund in his name, and his name is on the Pentagon memorial. She always hears about it and is still grateful. I'd think about chalking "Am Yisrael chai" in the basketball court this time around. I've always thought planting a tree in Israel in peoples' memory was a great, immortal idea.
Real grief therapy, where they let you rage and don't retort with non-consoling religious clichés is the model, and also truly helpful. You could drive her there and go with. Also, complicated grief is a psychiatric medical emergency, PTSD in process, professionals may be required. I have a friend who has been mourning 40 years and deeply believes if she stops, her baby really will be dead then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Congratulations @JackSpratt and @TorontoGWM for naming the thread and @CocktailGirl for nominating them - I tried to fuse them together
I'm struggling to catch up here, sorry, but a belated huge Thank You to @ComtesseRose for your brilliant act of fusion and for using it as the thread title - I am so glad that SJ's imposter confession will be recorded in the Tattle Threads Tablets of Stone - never to be forgotten. Thanks too to everyone that backed my suggestion. Bit embarrassed really, my first successful nomination

Of course, when Fanny is finally found out and has to account for her actions as a fraud, she will probably turn round and say "Well I told you so, back in October 2023, but nobody took me seriously. It's really not my fault." It won't work though. We have the receipts Fanny.

Changing the colour of your eyes won't cut it. It's the colour of your heart that has to change.

Reactions: 23
I just couldn't help myself with Fanny's eye color. I say this, because I have blue eyes that don't always look blue in photos. They can look brown. I'll try to control my need to prove my point, but I don't guarantee it.
"Why do my eyes look brown in pictures?
It really just means your eyes are more reflective and sensitive to surrounding colors than some peoples. The color doesn't change, just your surroundings. So it looks like your eyes change colors. It's just the way they reflect light and other things."

Reactions: 15
When Snorts returned,ha ha from Emmaus with the canteen jugs Fanny exclaimed they will do until we FIND something better. How hard is it to google Waterford water jug??
Those spirit decanters on the table really offend my senses. Snorts should be a host and serve the drinks from a side table . The wine should be in elegant wine carafe/ lidded jugs and these ARE things of beauty ,correct and again not difficult to find. Sure Emmaus will not likely sell fine Crystal but Snorts can locate plates and stemware elsewhere so why not jugs.
If you read here Fanny , no the guests are not stepping back in time they are walking into a down grade dangerous dump.

Reactions: 18
I went next door and got her dog for her. It was a bit like watching an overwound toy run down. We let her release as much anger, frustration and pain as she could. About a dozen of us went out to the back garden and raged at the sky with her until we were empty. I’m sure there’s more inside, but it’s not ready to be expelled. I’m terribly worried for the teenaged daughter of one of our local rabbis. She was there visiting. As of yesterday she was safe but she’s refusing to return home, preferring to stay and fight beside her people. I can’t blame her. Giving up means letting the monsters win.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.