The Chateau Diaries #268 Stephanie Jarvis' dailies aren't even filmed daily, lazy cow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take away from last offering was lady PhiPhi thinks he showing passion, "iv already spoken to Steve about recreating the wallpaper" "oo I want stripes" when in fact its coming across very needy and desperate ...
I think he's actually scared of her and never knows how she's going to react. She often slaps him down and mocks him. In the latest gift grab, he frequently started to say things and she cut him off in full flow, either because she feels embarrassed by his inane comments or because she wanted to hold forth herself. It's clearly far from an equal relationship. He has a similar impulsive disorder to hers, so he supports her in that way but otherwise he is a kind of butler but without the wisdom and insight that many old style butlers had. He is also hopeless and without any skills at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Fanny and all her vlogs are farcical.
  • Just like the peacocks Snorty is absolutely lording it over shitting all over every inch of the shiteau and leaving his nasty, musty scent. Snorty is a no-nothing, clueless child pretending he's an architectural, design expert.
  • Fanny is the bigger fool for giving Snorty so much control, but she only does it because she's too lazy to get out of bed every day, get dressed before lunch and do any "work" herself. Also, Fanny, Potty and Baghead really don't give a flying-$uck about the shiteau!
  • Why is Fanny so obsessed with wallpaper? Every bloody room! Just a mish-mash of designs & colours in every damn room with absolutely no taste or cohesion.
  • The attic bathroom is just another unfinished project Fanny has been hiding but is finally getting around to finishing. Clearly they had previously done some work (installed claw foot bath & loo), but lost interest when it came to installing the sink. Fanny had wallpapered the damn bathroom (and has been hoarding left-over rolls of wallpaper), but couldn't be bothered to install a sink until now.
  • Where is Fanny going to place all the junk that is piled up in that small, empty attic bedroom?
  • Why wouldn't Fanny fix up MariE's derelict attic room first? Mean cow!
  • That little, empty attic room Fanny & Snorty are obsessed with wallpapering already has wallpaper
    • why don't they just copy the wallpaper that is already in that space?
    • with the curved walls/ceiling the room doesn't need wallpaper - just paint it a nice colour

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Questions that came up in my mind this morning when I woke up at 2:30am, I know Fanny’s place is referred to as a chateau, especially by her and her cult followers, but is it really a chateau? What was its original purpose when built? Was it a summer place only? Was it a farm escape from the city? I have a difficult time hearing a term like “restore” in regards to a plain farmhouse never meant to be fancy. Thousands spent on wallpaper and decor convincing the gullible that they are returning this place to its original glory. Now, she and the other owners are free to decorate as they want and of course modern conveniences are understood but, I’m pretty sure they aren’t really “restoring”. That’s a very different process. I haven’t “restored” my Victorian home. I’ve preserved as much of the wood trim and floors as possible but the house as a whole isn’t as it was. 😴🥱
Fanny's place is whatever you want it to be! I've gone down the rabbit hole of definitions for chateaux more than once. Here's one definition:

"A château is a manor house or residence of the lord of the manor, or a fine country house of nobility or gentry, with or without fortifications, originally, and still most frequently, in French-speaking regions." Wikipedia

One could argue whether Fanny's place is a true chateau or not, but and I hate to say it, I would call it a chateau in polite company. In impolite company it's The Dump or A Heap in the Middle of Nowhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t know if anyone would be interested but a British interior designer called Sophie Robinson is hosting a free webinar on Maximalist interiors. She loves using colour in her interiors and even though I’m not that brave she is a lovely lady and so cheerful and engaging. I’m going to be joining in her evening one but not as Beachgirl😂😂. Just a pleasant way to spend some time in the evening.
Quite like her and her design ideas but her fashion choices give Snorts a run for his money.
Sophie Robinson fellow judges feature here with their names changed !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yesterday's vlog reinforced a few things for me:

1) This wouldn't get within 10 feet of me. EVER.

1696439234300.png

2) His hands are creepy little mitts (see above). Would someone please send him some nail clippers so he can open them in Cadeaux?

1696439520886.png

3) Sure, Stephanie. When I go to a spa for a service, I don't give a crap about the surroundings, so yeah, I'd LOVE a massage in your construction zone. Next up.......facials in the bat cave! Sign me up!

1696439735800.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I said I'd never seen the DIY blog/vlog ethos -- kill yourself to restore an old house, then decorate it like Mar a Lago -- in the culinary world, as MariE is expressing it. Kill yourself boning quail, cover them with black spice powder to resemble turds, serve with yet another black sauce. I was thinking this is sabotage cookery.
But I have seen MariE's style of cooking before in the culinary world. What we used to call the gentleman or bachelor chef. Showing off but without regard for taste or presentation, so that the end of a long labor of cooking looks terrible and tastes questionable. They used to put liquor in everything, as lady cooks of the 1950s put cheese in everything, to make it Fancy. MariE is putting a Slavic sense of flamboyance (her diva-esque forearm undulations while playing the piano) into her cooking, with, I suspect, a firm disregard for discipline/aesthetics she thinks of as creative. Black sauce, the equivalent of her ports de bra at the piano = really, really, bad taste with a creepy performative edge.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yesterday's vlog reinforced a few things for me:

1) This wouldn't get within 10 feet of me. EVER.

View attachment 2490912

2) His hands are creepy little mitts (see above). Would someone please send him some nail clippers so he can open them in Cadeaux?

View attachment 2490923

3) Sure, Stephanie. When I go to a spa for a service, I don't give a crap about the surroundings, so yeah, I'd LOVE a massage in your construction zone. Next up.......facials in the bat cave! Sign me up!

View attachment 2490926
He doesn't need a spa treatment. His face is just begging to have this done to it.
1696441016790.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I've seen that somewhere before...
View attachment 2490018
I just can't put a finger on it... 🧐 🧐 🧐
Except, I think, SJ and PhiPhi are BEAST AND BEAST because neither of them is a thing of beauty.
1696441322558.png
cd1040.png

Also, the Beast has healthier hair and better do than PhiPhi! I've been half-tempted to give PhiPhi a gift certificate for keratin treatment for a long time now.

That's exactly what it looked like to me, although Gerry's female doppleganger isn't exactly Beauty, is she!!
As the French would say: La Bête Et La Bête.
Saw your similar posts a bit late, great minds...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I said I'd never seen the DIY blog/vlog ethos -- kill yourself to restore an old house, then decorate it like Mar a Lago -- in the culinary world, as MariE is expressing it. Kill yourself boning quail, cover them with black spice powder to resemble turds, serve with yet another black sauce. I was thinking this is sabotage cookery.
But I have seen MariE's style of cooking before in the culinary world. What we used to call the gentleman or bachelor chef. Showing off but without regard for taste or presentation, so that the end of a long labor of cooking looks terrible and tastes questionable. They used to put liquor in everything, as lady cooks of the 1950s put cheese in everything, to make it Fancy. MariE is putting a Slavic sense of flamboyance (her diva-esque forearm undulations while playing the piano) into her cooking, with, I suspect, a firm disregard for discipline/aesthetics she thinks of as creative. Black sauce, the equivalent of her ports de bra at the piano = really, really, bad taste with a creepy performative edge.
100% I was trying to think about your earlier assessment that her meals were some sort of sabotage but was having a tough time. I think Marie, as well as Stephanie, thinks this is fancy stuff, when it feels like over the top ingredients mashed together badly to look "posh", for lack of a better term.

Sad to say that the only thing I found somewhat pleasing in that mish-mash of food served at yesterday's vlog was FRK's tomato salad. I'm starting to really dislike Maria. She went on and on about how she prepared store bought tortelloni - we get it, you boiled them and put some of that fancy butter on them (actually, I couldn't understand a word of what she said in that dissertation, I'm just assuming). Got it!

Apparently, everyone in the chateau loves a good weenie, though. Pun intended.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Quite like her and her design ideas but her fashion choices give Snorts a run for his money.
Sophie Robinson fellow judges feature here with their names changed !

She has just sold lots of her tv clothes on Instagram. Apparently they all sold but at least that means they will be split up and not worn at the same time.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes, she never buys one of anything, including packets of expensive butter!

That room where Marie sleeps is disgusting. They know she suffers from depression and a room like that is the last thing she needs. However annoying she may be, all volunteers and staff should be given pleasant rooms to stay in, not in dusty rooms with peeling wallpaper and objects thrown in when there's nowhere else to store them. It's disgusting and is probably illegal in regulated establishments that employ staff and have volunteers. You would expect Marie's mother to complain about it but she's going to LL to benefit from more social media exposure and to gain more followers. Another grifter, probably, as she saw how her daughter got a free car from grifting.
That butter was pathetic... all you have to do is put herbs in butter to make your own... I thought Maria knew her way around a kitchen?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My take away from last offering was lady PhiPhi thinks he showing passion, "iv already spoken to Steve about recreating the wallpaper" "oo I want stripes" when in fact its coming across very needy and desperate keep stamping your cubans darling, man up PhiPhi this display is making me want to slap the gay out of you, and I'm all about them fellas! god he really is grim, i bet he talks in a baby voice when he wants something.
Was PhiPhi really showing passion or was he simply pissing on what he believes to be his like a dog marks his territory?

1696444778804.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I think it was just a summer house for the whole family to use. It had lots of tiny kids bedrooms upstairs. It was in a poor state when she bought it
I doubt it was ever glorious. No high ceilings or grand staircase etc. She paid way over the odds for it. They totally saw the gullible princess coming 😉
She paid extra for the lake... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This is unacceptable no matter who you are or where you’re from . So gross. So so so gross.
Really? Can't stand the man, but I'll defend his neck beard - it's nothing in the scheme of things. Not sure where you live, but I work with mostly men and neck beard is extremely common; for those who grow beards within 12 hours, it's almost impossible to keep their neck clean shaven anyways. Smelling clean and having lovely manners is a better cause to push for IMO.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.