The Chateau Diaries #26 The Church Of Stephanology. There’s a global pandemic, Madame Ignorance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BJJ did not pay for that desk just another of SJ’s little games. He doesn’t come from big money and certainly hasn’t that in the bank considering he just started ‘working’ and with all he has been spending on poor-cell-lin.
Maybe he doesn’t come from big money, but his middle class grandparents would have left him something.

Reactions: 4
Ok guys I am at the backsplash portion of my kitchen reno. Do I A.) Install the pressed tin I refurbished or B.) Decopauge on Daddy's vintage Play Boy pages like a Jarvis. Decisions Decisions...
Trying to make a decision such as that will take months...and months........
And depends on what you intend...
A.) decent kitchen
B.) if you have bulimia, it might help you to 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So is Selmar gone now, did I miss a mention of his departure in one of SJs blogs? He was doing so many projects especially the stone floor tiles, now both rooms will remain unfinished
He’s moved on to the Dordogne to work at another Chateau and will be back apparently, his reason being he needs to work at other address as part of his work away visa or something?
I personally think he annoyed them when cutting the tiles and it all turned a bit sour. Ian was moving gold chairs around covered in dust saying they should of been moved and lots of things now need a deep clean. Both he and SJ had their poker vlog face on but it was obvious they were mega pissed off. After that Selmar was making bonfires, compost bins, etc and was never seen working on that room again. There was also a comment that stood out to me on one of the vlogs shared on here saying something along the lines of “at least he’ll be appreciated more than Stephanie did”, that sounds like the words of someone who knows more than just a superfan.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I just watched the vlog...(cannot bring myself to open the gift grab vlog! Too irritating by far!)...but this vlog is very irritating also. It's getting harder and harder to make myself watch any of the vlogs anymore, still haven't watched several of the last ones. I used to click and watch as soon as they were posted...not anymore. And, yes, that chandelier is VERY ugly, sorry. Also, as soon as the video started and she was saying that the chainsaws woke her up...I think that's what she said...LOL...my eyes were drawn immediately to that pepto-bismal trim and my stomach turned! And I also can't stand to watch her talking so close to the camera because her mouth looks so disproportionate to the rest of her face...it just looks so BIG! Not sure if it's just a filter she uses but it's very distracting...same with the too huge eyes. When someone else is videoing her, her eyes and mouth look proportional so not sure why it looks different when she's doing a selfie video.
Irritates me very much too. In her videos, when she is visiting a church, garden or town, what will you see ? Her grinning face not the place.

On her visit to Marqueyssac, she doesn't notice that much of their boxes have been attacked severely by the boxwood moth. She does know nothing about gardening. In Europe we have this moths since ca. 2000. I would not plant box anymore because much of it will die. We did have many old (maybe nearly 200 years old) boxwood trees and hedges in our garden. Some years ago the moths attacked. Box squeletons remained 😭.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
That shop was the reason for the trip..not her recovery....those chandeliers...she had to see them..and buy offcourse..i guess she does a lot online searching for things she must have..
Don’t forget the discount she probably pulled out of it by showing his stuff to her deeply loving audience. She’s a real dealmaker, understanding the ‘art’ of it, just a comparison to once again get the narcissistic angle in the conversation.

There is no doubt that she has a disorder
She has many, and to all our delight and/or disgust she has them all on display for the world to witness. Unfortunately not many people are willing to help her overcome these challenges and instead are enjoying themselves recognizing themselves in them.

Reactions: 11
He’s moved on to the Dordogne to work at another Chateau and will be back apparently, his reason being he needs to work at other address as part of his work away visa or something?
I personally think he annoyed them when cutting the tiles and it all turned a bit sour. Ian was moving gold chairs around covered in dust saying they should of been moved and lots of things now need a deep clean. Both he and SJ had their poker vlog face on but it was obvious they were mega pissed off. After that Selmar was making bonfires, compost bins, etc and was never seen working on that room again. There was also a comment that stood out to me on one of the vlogs shared on here saying something along the lines of “at least he’ll be appreciated more than Stephanie did”, that sounds like the words of someone who knows more than just a superfan.
Possible, for me it was obvious that Selmar was pissed off of the gift grab at least. Perhaps other things too (waste, superficiality, fakeness etc).
He likes the parties but I think he likes to dance at parties but there has been not so much dancing respectively he had to make a one man show....
If you look at the projects he did in NL, you see that he is more eco and at the tit-o they don't care about ecology, environmental pollution, pandemic etc.

Stephanie never shows the finished work, only little glances during work. I think the stable for the nativity scene was the only thing Selmar did, she showed finished and I don't think that he doesn't finish his projects. IMO it's princess who comes with new ideas and is getting easily bored with projects. There has always to be something new for her, she has no perseverance, except in grifting 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She has many, and to all our delight and/or disgust she has them all on display for the world to witness. Unfortunately not many people are willing to help her overcome these challenges and instead are enjoying themselves recognizing themselves in them
And indeed are really making her worse by encouraging it and adding to the money and the acquisitions. While they think they are helping, they are actually harming!

Reactions: 5
I just watched the vlog...(cannot bring myself to open the gift grab vlog! Too irritating by far!)...but this vlog is very irritating also. It's getting harder and harder to make myself watch any of the vlogs anymore, still haven't watched several of the last ones. I used to click and watch as soon as they were posted...not anymore. And, yes, that chandelier is VERY ugly, sorry. Also, as soon as the video started and she was saying that the chainsaws woke her up...I think that's what she said...LOL...my eyes were drawn immediately to that pepto-bismal trim and my stomach turned! And I also can't stand to watch her talking so close to the camera because her mouth looks so disproportionate to the rest of her face...it just looks so BIG! Not sure if it's just a filter she uses but it's very distracting...same with the too huge eyes. When someone else is videoing her, her eyes and mouth look proportional so not sure why it looks different when she's doing a selfie video.
I know what you mean !

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And indeed are really making her worse by encouraging it and adding to the money and the acquisitions. While they think they are helping, they are actually harming!
Exactly. Let me be clear about my intentions: I certainly don't want to help her and as soon as the grifting is put to an end and she pays back what's she has so deceivingly stolen, I couldn't care less about her or her miserable HMN. It is interesting nevertheless that us tattlers get the blame for what is actually caused by the continuous encouragement of her super-fans. She will no doubt get her lake back, only to drown in it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 507085
A professional tip for SJ for her boudoir/bedroom if she's going with de Gourney chinoiserie wallpaper: Study the Swedish Kina Slott (The Chinese Pavillion) for it's rococo floors, boiserie, doors and how the wallpaper is hung/framed.
Can't see Daddy's paintings fitting in on one of those walls!

Reactions: 6
I know that she pre-films some stuff but this seem as probable timeline
You can just wait until the moment SJ finds out Emmy Postma is getting her own tv show in Holland (your welcome, shittelaine). She'll be making appearances at this chateau shortly, trying to portray more of the slow and tonedeaf DIY Selmar is offering, because, well, you know, it makes her own place look so much more grand and his choice to work somewhere else so much more foolish....

• Heart
I checked with official French websites.
There's no legal obligations for a freelance tradesman to work for three or more clients.
The freelance tradesman can have one client only but it's a risk of course.

Selmar got registered in France as a freelance tradesman (maybe auto entrepreneur or maybe not, doesn't matter) as any French freelance person has to do.

As previously said, as Dutch he doesn't need any work permit to work in France.

So... either they understand nothing (what a surprise) or they talk BS (what a surprise tooooo)
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That monstrosity of a chandelier is too big for the room she intends to put it in. The ceiling is not high enough. She came over as an impulse buyer with no preplanning. She would have spent longer selecting which underwear to put on.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Little girls learn a lot from their parents..that old bag acts always like she is so tight on the money..but i bet its the same grifter..and spender....when you look at the cadeaushit..she grabs quickly all where she can get her claws in..the apple doesnt fall far from the tree..
Such an accurate description of Isabelle/Mummy/IJ/The original grabber! I know we can't (yet) prove the granny farming, but just spending a few moments in her company explains everything about SJ's grifting skills. Not just apples that don't fall far....

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can't see Daddy's paintings fitting in on one of those walls!
His awful paintings fit nowhere, that's the problem, but SJ insists on them being prominent in just about every bloody room. I've said it before and I'll say it again, dodgy subject matter aside, they are just not nice to look at. Badly composed, awful palette choices, poor or missing backgrounds, and that very simple block pop art style is very hard to pull off unless you're very good -and sadly he's not. They just look like a hot mess.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
everything is possible but she should have a look at least before she said OK to the FIRST price
That's what happens when Queen Emmaus goes antique shopping... she never fails to deliver on her origins.

FFS, the money for that horrendous chandelier could have gone to finishing the downstairs loo, most of the structural work on (the unnecessary) Natti's apartment plus finish her stupid 'salon'.
FFS, that money should have gone to charity. Local charity preferably, like the one mentioned on her village's Facebook page.

• Heart
You can just wait until the moment SJ finds out Emmy Postma is getting her own tv show in Holland (your welcome, shittelaine). She'll be making appearances at this chateau shortly, trying to portray more of the slow and tonedeaf DIY Selmar is offering, because, well, you know, it makes her own place look so much more grand and his choice to work somewhere else so much more foolish....
Worse Sj will be barging in with Philipa to translate her hyena laugh into Dutch! Emmy will have to suck it up though. Cannot believe she is living in a house with black mold on the walls. And the worst case in above their own bed. Well they will get a lot of work out of SJ and her poodle when they show up. Hahahaha

Run Selmar Run!

Reactions: 7
I think they look good together.
He will solve all her work/dream/manifestation issues.
She can have a flower studio/shop in Framlingham, an apartment at Lalande, and lots of taxi cabs to deliver flowers!
She won't need a Patreon account anymore.
It's almost freaky how you have managed to start thinking like a true Jarvis! I trust this is all in the works indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That monstrosity of a chandelier is too big for the room she intends to put it in. The ceiling is not high enough. She came over as an impulse buyer with no preplanning. She would have spent longer selecting which underwear to put on.
We all know there will be some installation ceiling height drama (because only suckers measure rooms and ceilings) and with a little Disney magic and et voila! Stephanie graciously takes the wee (so cheap that we won’t bore everyone to death by announcing the price the Patrons just forked over) chandelier into her bed chambre. Mystery solved. Nothing to see here. Move along please!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It sounded as though he was going to have to pay for the desk? That was a completely crazy price. I didn’t understand why she wasn’t paying for it. How is he ever going to take that back with him to where he’s from when he hopefully leaves.
This is actually a really interesting and telling glimpse into his frame of mind: he thinks he's settling in. I know she's been trying her hardest to get him to that point, but still, given her history I would have gathered he'd given that some more thought. The only reason he's still around (sorry to open your eyes BJJ, you snort cutely, but it's just not for me) is the pandemic and the consequential lack of inflow of new masculine men to castrate.

I've just watched the vlog with Andi showing her artwork. At least she produces things that are fairly pleasing to look at unlike DJ. But can anyone explain why the blue and white Spode is green, and why the hedgehog in a teacup has bunny ears?
Because the artist got f**ked over by the insanity of her commissioners.

Maybe he doesn’t come from big money, but his middle class grandparents would have left him something.
I find that part sooooo disturbing, the part where he refers just about anything to his deceased grandparents. He's just using his family history in a very similar way to SJ: as if it adds something to their charm. It doesn't, BJJ. First you have to become somebody yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.