The Chateau Diaries #259 PUDDLE- shallow like the Chatelaine & empty like her soul.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats.... now are you going to start a youtube renovation channel?
*gasp* clutching my pearls! And have a dedicated thread on tattle about me? 😆

No renovations, the house is a new build and I do not think the world is ready for another idiot, shopping, gasping and calling everything beaaaautiiifulll. 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I can't find this video either in our Patreon Wiki or on YT. Glitch (my research skills) or feature (it's been removed)?
I'm looking for the video in which Fanny posted photos of 8 or 9 existing plants and animals surveyors found in the stream and wetland. (The things she's paying to create and preserve a habitat for.) (Also noteworthy for those who skipped the Patreon video, French official talks about sorting soils removed to upcycle top soil to surface proposed dyke, saying it will be full of seeds of riparian/water plants already existing in the "empty" pond, which they're trying to preserve/propagate.)
For those baffled about the number of surveys, a review of the videos suggests some answers. First, the topographical survey. Second, a survey of the fish in the streams (no trout, as reported by French official, means, no special upstream egress structures for spawning trout). Third, a survey of the fauna and flora in the wetlands as they are now, since the lake was drained. Those are the only ones of five alleged surveys I've found evidence of. I can imagine there might be a Cassini map architecture survey and one of how the lake and Ruisseau de la Lande affect/source/drain other waters in the area.
Anyone know where I can view this video, screenshot posted here in 2022?
View attachment 2359223
I think the animals and plants were on a Venice video. She had Davy with her on the balcony and they talked about survey and plants for garden????

Reactions: 12
I need advice!

Fanny and I have guests next week.
We know that Fanny will disappoint with the offer of food, but that's why I don't want to.
I have wonderful octopuses that I want to make a salad from (celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil). It will be mandatory.

And now? What would you make up the rest of the menu from so that everything together makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Rather than restore a puddle with 300k she could put some money into some wetland plants. There are lots of varieties she could plant to help local fauna an flora and many have flowers and look pretty too.
It's full of wetland plants already, per the video I can't find that one of the surveyors gave her. They will, if they move forward, use topsoil full of existing seeds to establish them on the top of the proposed dyke, etc.
Without being there and surveying it with experts ourselves, I think the evidence is good it's already full of plants (animals, amphibs and fish) they are demanding she create and protect an estimated €100-300K habitat for. The money is for terracing the riparian areas, creating wetlands, making the stream friendlier to fish, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I just can not believe she set tables in the stables, on that stone floor, with those school chairs… It is so repugnant.
I was thinking the chairs would rock every time you moved because of the unlevel stone-block floor.
It's a building for livestock not entertaining a group of people.
Stephanie does everything on the cheap except when it comes to her own comfort.

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Wonder if Gerry has yet woken up to the fact that he is never going to get his retirement apartment. So much gratitude for all the holidays he took her on and for indulging the little madam when she was growing up!

Exactly why he will not be inheriting anything from mini apron ur will be a small person item and that's it. Isobell being the tight fisted crabby patty claw she would have considered free board in south African holiday home enough of a transaction return.

Does anyone truly believe Sj wod allow a property to pass her hands and if did she'd make sures she's in his will. Loads of expertise from experience with narcs and wills.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
In the winter salon gift grab, and bathrobe picture, Jarvis looks like another person. I've discussed this with a shrink. Narcs morph, she said. Some people never get over seeing their eyes go black in rage. Mine morphed just before going into a homicidal tirade which convinced me, finally, the two shrinks and pastoral counsellor were correct. No contact is the only viable way to deal with narcs.
---

Just reading about QAnon fanatics. Here's how followers bond:

"Bloom and Moskalenko seek to understand why people believe QAnon’s outlandish notions in defiance of all knowledge and reason. “Pastels and Pedophiles” is at its strongest when it drills down on this front, showing that QAnon offers people a false sense of agency and community in an uncertain world. Believers collectively analyze “crumbs” of cryptic information. The outcome of this deciphering is preordained, but that’s not the point: When they reach conclusions, followers feel smart, superior and united. Particularly for people who are lonely or disenchanted with their lives, the emotional benefit of believing in QAnon is arguably more important than the dogma itself. The same goes for people introduced to QAnon through the hashtag #SavetheChildren, which the movement co-opted in 2020. New supporters were told that spreading a message about the threat of pedophilia made them righteous crusaders."
ˆ

Shocked, shocked.
There are some sad lonely people out there who will believe anything. A few months ago after a swim I was relaxing in the spa pool and the woman next to me warned me not to talk to the man in the next pool. He had lots of tattoos and she said that he was selling children in to slavery. Apparently anyone with visible tattoos is a child trafficker. I went for a shower early as you can't reason with crazy.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
1691273787305.png

@Spirit of place , the thread had closed before I could answer your question about Japanese knotweed! I first became aware of it in 2019, due to an article I read in Slate, the writer (who lives in Brooklyn, NY) of the article was having a battle with it in their yard! I attended a workshop at The Brooklyn Botanic Garden that summer and it was a major discussion point. Frederick Law Olmsted's landscape firm was not only contracted to do Central Park, but also Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY. And the success he gained from these projects led him to all sorts of states in the US, where he designed all sorts of municipal gardens, as well as many private gardens of some of the wealthiest families of that time period. In the late 1800's Japanese knotweed was considered quite the specimen plant, and was sold in seed catalogs and plant nurseries.....it originally was cultivated in The Netherlands, so we can thank them for that! It is considered an environmental threat in 42 of our 50 states - it either doesn't seem to grow in the arid Southwest or in a couple of gulf coast states or it was never introduced there.

I haven't read that it has been as destructive as people in England are finding it...probably because we are learning from their successes and mistakes in handling the issue. I have read that in Hudson, NY, along the Hudson River, it has become such a threat, that native species of plants are being wiped out and with that, native wildlife is being wiped out along with it. Not long ago, I read that they were using some sort of system that England has had some success with, something to do with grids that choke out the plants new growth. There have been a couple of lawsuits, as the article in Slate talks about, but nothing like what is happening in England, with people not being to get mortgages or insurance.

Last year, I read an article about how some well-known forager was leading expeditions in Central Park, promoting its use as a food source. Apparently, it tastes like rhubarb! Maybe Stephanie can get Maria to serve it to some of her guests?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
You've inspired me to rethink my options now I was considering Greece as been in same boat as you it's dealing with toxicity and slow recovery. Perhaps you may right a small blog for advise on where to and how. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
*gasp* clutching my pearls! And have a dedicated thread on tattle about me? 😆

No renovations, the house is a new build and I do not think the world is ready for another idiot, shopping, gasping and calling everything beaaaautiiifulll. 🤮
Glad it's a new build you will be warm and dry. So happy for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I need advice!

Fanny and I have guests next week.
We know that Fanny will disappoint with the offer of food, but that's why I don't want to.
I have wonderful octopuses that I want to make a salad from (celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil). It will be mandatory.

And now? What would you make up the rest of the menu from so that everything together makes sense.
Since I watched 'My Octopus Teacher' and blubbed like a baby, I can no longer eat octopus so I can't advise I'm afraid 🐙😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It rained.
Half a bucket of water got in through the door.
He fixed it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If anything, he’s lucky he found out the issue before furnishing the place.
Exactly.

The design of the floor was flawed . . . no pun intended.
The floor of the yurt extended further out than the wall meaning there was a ledge.
The rain landed on the ledge and migrated back under the wall.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.