The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My interest was piqued by some of your banter (seriously, the photos should have put me off) so I had to have a little lookey. Big mistake. Huge. I only made it to 6 minutes. Her bleeping voice, I just wanted to make it stop.

Camille Claudel died in relative obscurity. Rodin was jealous of her work and arranged to have her funding cut off. It was alleged that he stole pieces and ideas of her work and passed them off as his own. They did indeed have a very tumultuous relationship but he refused to leave his mistress, Rose Beuret. Claudel ended the intimate relationship after an abortion, though continued a collaboration. She suffered greatly from mental illness, not surprisingly given her life. Her biography is well worth a read.

Little known fact... many mental institutions in France bare the name Camille Claudel!

It is amazing that fanny always hones in on the sordid aspect of a story and you get very little of interest and truth from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That was a really touching and well done documentary. Wow. Stephanie sucks
---

And men are apes🤣🤣
---

And men are pigs🤣🤣
---

He’s kind of a less weird Davy, no?
---

He’s kind of a less weird Davy, no?
Nooooooo! In fact Dave’s is a different species than Dream Doc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Many books currently being published are large, glossy annuals of the coffee table variety. They tend to highlight the Cathare "country" rather than the history of the people and their persecution and are very much geared towards English speakers.

There are a couple of notable books, for me, that do tell the story of the Cathares plight...

The Yellow Cross, the story of the last Cathares 1290-1329 by René Weis. In depth and in English!. I found it quite heavy going to start with and it took 3 bites to actually get into it. The Cathares were forced to wear the Yellow Cross, a symbol of outcasts throughout history!

Bélibaste by Henri Gougaud. In French. This is a novel but a well told one and the story of a real person. Guillaume Bélibaste was the last of the Cathare Parfaits (the perfects, priests of their religion). He clandestinely traversed the region, blessing the ever diminishing flock of Cathare believer's.

For lighter reading Kate Mosse's trilogy - Labyrinth, Sepulchre and Citadel spans the centuries and is delightful storytelling from the fall of Carcassonne in the 1200's to present day.

We have visited many of the true Cathare sights and learned a lot from those and the guides that oversee them. As I said previously, not all Cathare sites are actually anything to do with the people or the religion they just happen to be of the epoch and in the region.
---

@Beachgirl @T Rex I believe munter has it's origins in Scotland. A word I've known my whole life but was never allowed to utter in front of my mother!
I remember the Bélibastes from Montaillou.
I think about a life lived as a historian of the last good century, the 12th, speaking Oc and living there among -- "our brothers who lived long ago", as LaDurie calls them. I follow Earl Spencer on Instagram; every morning and evening he has a shot of this land his family has lived on for 500 years. He touches on the idea of living just as one tiny particle of many in the big river of time, which is all around all of us of course, but much more evident in places your direct ancestors hacked out of the primeval forest. (Though it seems the Romans were at Althorp too, and he speaks about living in a place people have inhabited since at least 100 AD. Neanderthals lived there previously.) To live in both the 12th and 21st centuries would be so interesting. I imagine some of the heroes of the day like Abelard would have some pointed remarks, and also deep satisfaction that love still sometimes wins.
It remains, anyway. Amor manet.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My interest was piqued by some of your banter (seriously, the photos should have put me off) so I had to have a little lookey. Big mistake. Huge. I only made it to 6 minutes. Her bleeping voice, I just wanted to make it stop.

Camille Claudel died in relative obscurity. Rodin was jealous of her work and arranged to have her funding cut off. It was alleged that he stole pieces and ideas of her work and passed them off as his own. They did indeed have a very tumultuous relationship but he refused to leave his mistress, Rose Beuret. Claudel ended the intimate relationship after an abortion, though continued a collaboration. She suffered greatly from mental illness, not surprisingly given her life. Her biography is well worth a read.

Little known fact... many mental institutions in France bare the name Camille Claudel!

It is amazing that fanny always hones in on the sordid aspect of a story and you get very little of interest and truth from her.
I was so completely horrified by her take on the harem I scuttled off to look up the word crapulous. Her head is full of bad stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They were looking very plump and round. Has she had them shaved, buffed, and de-sagged?
I think her bustline is the only thing of Jarvis’ that have seen any renovations. We all know she’s an itty bitty titty girl and those are some National Geographic dugs! I suspect someone’s gone in for an inflating. I’ve never seen chicken cutlets or a WonderBra that allowed that much sag and separation!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Methinks that the Little Greene rep is doing the rounds of the Chateaux bc they need him for sponsoring free paint but he is actually sorting out their terrible taste in interior decoration. Such a nice modest man but he's worth his weight in views.👋👋
Thanks for the summary of Queen's Escape. Only managed 1 episode but they seemed supercilious somehow. What is it about Karens?
Hope we've turned over the page from skipping with intestines - I get totally freaked out by ANYTHING dead, let alone people so yesterday was a minefield for me😱. Here in Italy they have a much more natural attitude to death & can sit by a dead relative as a tribute for example. The only good thing to come out if Covid for me was that the coffins were securely closed & even public funerals were discouraged.
What if someone's real name here was Karen? Oops! 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think her bustline is the only thing of Jarvis’ that have seen any renovations. We all know she’s an itty bitty titty girl and those are some National Geographic dugs! I suspect someone’s gone in for an inflating. I’ve never seen chicken cutlets or a WonderBra that allowed that much sag and separation!
Stephanie always has to show off her new purchases!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Friend of my deceased father died this week. No funeral as body donated to medical school. Do other countries do this? His family will get his ashes once they are finished with him.
one of the profs from our department will be donated when his time comes. i think he filled some sort of form.

Reactions: 13
Fanny and PhiPhi really need to go up a size in their clothing. Poor fitting around the shoulders for both, dress snug across Fanny's expanding waistline, once again the "coming out" of the girls, PhiPhi with the tight pants. PhiPhi what season do you think it is? It's summer not Fall/Winter.
I'm beginning to think the twins are a distraction from the widening waistline... she's become quite boxlike... Stay away from belts Fanny, they also hate you. are not your friend..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Many books currently being published are large, glossy annuals of the coffee table variety. They tend to highlight the Cathare "country" rather than the history of the people and their persecution and are very much geared towards English speakers.

There are a couple of notable books, for me, that do tell the story of the Cathares plight...

The Yellow Cross, the story of the last Cathares 1290-1329 by René Weis. In depth and in English!. I found it quite heavy going to start with and it took 3 bites to actually get into it. The Cathares were forced to wear the Yellow Cross, a symbol of outcasts throughout history!

Bélibaste by Henri Gougaud. In French. This is a novel but a well told one and the story of a real person. Guillaume Bélibaste was the last of the Cathare Parfaits (the perfects, priests of their religion). He clandestinely traversed the region, blessing the ever diminishing flock of Cathare believer's.

For lighter reading Kate Mosse's trilogy - Labyrinth, Sepulchre and Citadel spans the centuries and is delightful storytelling from the fall of Carcassonne in the 1200's to present day.

We have visited many of the true Cathare sights and learned a lot from those and the guides that oversee them. As I said previously, not all Cathare sites are actually anything to do with the people or the religion they just happen to be of the epoch and in the region.
---

@Beachgirl @T Rex I believe munter has it's origins in Scotland. A word I've known my whole life but was never allowed to utter in front of my mother!
Adding your recs to my French history folder, I remember that this 1985 piece, the best single short piece I've read about the French, is set in the Tarn -- one redoubt of the Cathars and the remote family vacation home of decades to du Plessix Gray's interesting, quasi aristocratic, Resistance fighter and super-Cath French family.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.