The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was referring to your comment about her politics which i highlighted. You said you didn’t watch them immediately assumed she was from the UK and voted for Brexit. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Quite right I assumed she was English, then I learnt she wasn't. I will watch soon and decide if I think she's entitled.

Reactions: 7
I was totally confused by their video and don't really know what to think at this point. First off, I couldn't hear and understand them very well, thought maybe they'd taken their cues from Selmar for a minute there! But they were all over the place - at one point saying if they don't get a good price - they won't sell, they could change their minds next week - and they won't sell, someone needs to run the business and it's too draining to go back and forth (and I get it...it would be a huge hassle!), so they have to sell. And as you pointed out, Carole saying "we need to sell". I thought I heard Adriane say he's putting in a new boiler as well as taken in a huge load of drywall, so he said they'll still be working on the chateau ....but if it's such a draining thing to go back and forth from UK to France, why bother and just sell it "as is" right now?

I don't know if it's because they are just so conflicted by needing to make the decision they've made, I just know that as I watched them, I felt incredibly sad for them, as this was a dream of theirs and, for whatever reason, it has died.
It’s pretty sad that their daughter having a baby has undone everyone’s lives so much. Should be a time of joy. But it’s causing one daughter to lose her income, mom and dad to sell their dream and go back to work, to move from a chateau to a two bedroom, sell a Ferrari, and pack up their lives for the second time in a couple years. Carol admitted she wanted to go to France the most and now she wants to leave the most. She’s worked so hard too. What a trooper. I think they’ll find a nice house to do up in England, but it won’t be a chateau. Prices are too high in the UK.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.