The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have not heard the term "munter" in a minute, so this made me chuckle! 😂 (Mr. T Rex thinks these are fictional words I have just made up, like "grundies" for underpants!)
I'd not heard the word 'munter' before, so I asked hubs who said 'Where'd you hear that? It's highly misogynistic and extremely offensive.' To which I replied 'Bonza mate, love it, tell me more!' So he sighs, explains and says, 'You know, I sometimes forget you're Australian and none of this is offensive to you.' LOL, as I've explained here before, there's times when not even the C word is offensive to an Aussie. I think I'll be stereotypically Australian today just to annoy the hubling.

Regarding your earlier post on the Shreks Rexy, I agree with you. Their grand salon needs a complete makeover. He's a clever artist, but can't seem to get his head around the fact that he's NOT a clever decorator. And while I like Sara, she's not either. Both of them are that rare breed of people who, while talented in one aspect, are not able to transfer their talents to other artistic mediums. I love their little chateau, but hate to see them screw it up due to their poor choices in with decor and a poorly chosen colour palette.

New word of the day for Mr. T Rex - "chuddies". Common in the UK and Hindi for mens underpants. Used in a sentence 'Don't get your chuddies in a twist'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
...and just like that, I'm questioning my fondness for Vivienne! Laying with dogs... :cry::cry:

Thank you Tuffiti ❣

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I suck at this... can someone reverse image the new milkmaid dress? In the meantime I'll try figuring it out.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh gawd! No proper Patron video, more internet problems, naturally! How can it be possible that they need yet another lake survey and another talk through it with Davy? Just more dragging it all out for both the lake and the chapel and a hint that the chapel cost is going up and consequently, there will, no doubt, be more grifting to come. "Things are moving forward rapidly", really, you could have fooled me? I somehow doubt if either project will ever be completed.
As usual, Madame is clad in yet another new dress with a very inappropriate show of cleavage and even more! Fanny is never unpredictable and there's also more banal commentary. Curtis and his husband looked so much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Figured out how to google lens Fanny and the milkmaid dress but nothing definitive. Still searching - cause I am bored 🥱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Pretty sure they were gifted at least one or two teacups like these in the gift grab - it would have been over a year ago before I stopped watching
I think the ones they were sent were from a company called Miss Havisham’s Curiosities. Very similar.

Figured out how to google lens Fanny and the milkmaid dress but nothing definitive. Still searching - cause I am bored 🥱
That's a Souleiado pattern. Doesn't look like it's current season but may be from a previous season and was on the sale rack in the Souleiado store she visited in Paris.

Caught out again fanny...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
That's a Souleiado pattern. Doesn't look like it's current season but may be from a previous season and was on the sale rack in the Souleiado store she visited in Paris.

Caught out again fanny...
Thank you, I was going down a rabbit hole 😅

Reactions: 13
I think the ones they were sent were from a company called Miss Havisham’s Curiosities. Very similar.
Those look right!

Reactions: 12
Cheese on toast. I quit watching them shortly after she purchased all of those small jars to put jam in (WHY not just purchase the smaller jars of jam instead, which is more hygenic?), and the one where she showed the skint brekkie they serve for the B&B guests. Since you've piqued my interest, I watched their latest offering. SMH, half of the vlog was dedicated to explaining their new Patreon account- prices range from 5 to 190 Euros.

But, Karen stated she won't have to put a lot of effort into it- so basically, you are going to get crap content and some "benefits" of enabling them to decorate their Chateau, as they cannot afford it. SMH. Karen goes on to explain they do not allow ads on their channel, claiming it is because they are thinking of their viewers and don't want to "disrupt your viewing experience", but suspect in reality they do not have a large enough following to generate YT AdSense revenue. Karen also informs us she went to graduate school for advertising where she studied media ethics, and goes on to say that ads are "intrusive". But cyber begging Patreon is a choice people can opt in to.

Ooh, Karen purchased some glitter pens for the Patreon postcards- yes, because that is what people want. She's going to print some images off on cardstock and colour them with glitter. DAFUQ?!?

While Karen is faffing about with glitter, Bo and 4 other guys (Bo's son and his 3 Danish friends) are cleaning up the grounds for an upcoming wedding ceremony. Karen busts out her Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and makes the boys Macaroni and Cheese for dinner (and by the looks of what was on the table, that was all that she made. SMH. Since she had to refer to a recipe book for something that simple, I question her cooking skills.)

Next, Karen's two natural gas tanks to the kitchen are depleted- "When they are out, they give no warning, the gas just runs out!" Idiot. Why not check them regularly to have at least on full one on hand at all times? You are running a business! Get on a normal schedule for fuel delivery!" My bad, the fuel delivery guy discovered one tank was still full because Karen did not open the valve on the other one when the gas ran out. Now they will have a third tank.

I am not trying to be an arse, but forking A- they've lived there long enough Karen should know the basics. Why on earth did these two think it would be a fine idea to buy a chateau that needed repairs when Karen can't even figure out the gas for the stove?!? Let alone, one they cannot even afford to renovate? But, Karen did install a gym in the chateau. If she spent time actually doing physical labour, she wouldn't be in need of a gym. I do feel sorry for Bo, as not only does he have to work to provide as a pilot, he is the one who does the brunt of the physical labour in his off time. But, he knew what he was getting into, and these two not only had no proper business plan (you can advertise the hades out of something, but it all comes down to the delivery), but went into this without thinking about the costs to renovate/maintain the place.

Thank you @Le Baiseur for reminding me that there are people who are even dumber than Fanny. This vlog was absolute tit- for someone with an "Advertising Major" from Uni, she certainly did not put a lot of effort into convincing anyone why they should join their Patreon.
What you're basically saying...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry but I have just had it with this grifter. Please excuse the swearing.

duck the lake. duck the chapel. Just fix the bleeping grand salon before the whole chateau falls the duck down, you bleeping stupid idiot of a chatelaine !!!!!!!!!

View attachment 2336738
...AND PUT YOUR 50 YEAR OLD TITS AWAY!!! NOBODY WANTS TO SEE OLD TITS... EXCEPT KILL-IT.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Thank you, I was going down a rabbit hole 😅
Found this print in a library it's called Cigale bleu or Scarabee bleu and it's very close to the pattern on her dress.
1690460928188.png

This dress using the above fabric
1690460993394.png

I know this is not the dress. The dress she is wearing could have been from a previous season or even a prototype/tryout.

Reactions: 17
I'd not heard the word 'munter' before, so I asked hubs who said 'Where'd you hear that? It's highly misogynistic and extremely offensive.' To which I replied 'Bonza mate, love it, tell me more!' So he sighs, explains and says, 'You know, I sometimes forget you're Australian and none of this is offensive to you.' LOL, as I've explained here before, there's times when not even the C word is offensive to an Aussie. I think I'll be stereotypically Australian today just to annoy the hubling.

Regarding your earlier post on the Shreks Rexy, I agree with you. Their grand salon needs a complete makeover. He's a clever artist, but can't seem to get his head around the fact that he's NOT a clever decorator. And while I like Sara, she's not either. Both of them are that rare breed of people who, while talented in one aspect, are not able to transfer their talents to other artistic mediums. I love their little chateau, but hate to see them screw it up due to their poor choices in with decor and a poorly chosen colour palette.

New word of the day for Mr. T Rex - "chuddies". Common in the UK and Hindi for mens underpants. Used in a sentence 'Don't get your chuddies in a twist'.
Anyone remember the series Goodness Gracious Me

1690461732603.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Only talk, meetings, surveys and haggling over price

one year…half a million…a lick of paint, a roll of wallpaper, one radiator cover.

What does she expect the prices would freeze for her 1 year later in this economy when she fluffed about now for almost a year after the initial quotes. And I'm this economic crisis worldwide nothing is staying the same.

I am paying double the prices for my business expenses and can't expect others to hold a quote price forever. Chateau love don't share eaten food if your immune system is vulnerable especially with SJ You don't think she's not a boiling pot of 🤢. Haa Haa I would never risk this.

Oh yes interesting date I went to visit the MLIFH Crumbling castle it's a disaster now also as the highway was altered and the land in front messed with the engineers promised it wouldnt affect the 100 odd year building oh god the main balcony is showing huge structure cracks and roof that was repaired 4 years ago is now sagging.

And she has also done the same as SJ put lipstick on it by adding more furniture and decorating funny how bird brains in the world think the same.

it will just fall down and that's thats I believe hubby will just sell the land when, she passes and be done with her wild dreams. Glad he put his foot down, and refused to break a sweat on the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.