The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Shrek actually bought those unfortunate looking abstracts??? I have seen decorators show “painting your own” abstracts that were actually attractive.
*But I can’t imagine any abstract looking lovely with that wallpaper and unfortunate fabric on the sofa that was also pointed out...Sad to see that whole.... whatever it is going on there! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I was thinking maybe he was 'featuring' them from a local artist, but why? Do you suppose he painted them? Maybe they are by an artist that is going to have a workshop at the chateau? In any event, I would get rid of that awful wallpaper! It's very tricky to do wallpaper and art together. Most artists have plain walls for that reason. I do wish Shrek would stop wearing knit shirts, not a good look for a big man. Maybe stop putting so much greasy looking stuff in his hair too.
---
Has Fanny had new eyebrows tattooed?
I am NO make up expert…
I hope not because if she did, she got ripped off! I have tattooed eyebrows and they look completely natural. Hers don't. I think she penciled them in. She's terrible with makeup. I think she doesn't see that well anymore because her eyebrows are wonky and so is her eyeliner.

Reactions: 17
We’re almost in August…
a few weeks until the patron days.

France basically shuts down in August while everyone takes a vacation, so don‘t expect much to get done in the chateauverse.

literally nothing will happen at Lalande except Fanny waking up at noon to cash her $40k cheque from patreon for zero restoration, zero renovation, zero repairs, zero reupholstery, zero projects.

Just more dust gathering on Flappy bird. Expect more chicken closeups, longer weeds in the garden, growing cracks in the facade and Fanny’s face full of fillers and botox.
Zilch
Ever gets
Renovated unless
One includes Mummy’s face

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Fanny does not know how to do a cateye. It's supposed to be a graceful sweep to a point. Her's is not graceful it juts out! She's way too old for it anyway. She must have been watching the wrong YT channel. Her's look more like the top right or bottom middle in this photo. She probably has some wrinkling of the eyelid which makes it nearly impossible to apply liquid or gel eyeliner.
1690330790823.png

Reactions: 12
Billy strikes me as someone who’s beginning to chafe at what they see as restraints. The asides and faux humor don’t bode well. Also, I think Michael might be away in some sort of medical setting for his mental health. No idea why I think that, but it’s just something the Universe is whispering to me.
I’ve heard he’s doing just fine and been working on his cottage.

I’ve decided that I’m done with Stephanie & CD. I just want to watch YouTube videos that make me happy. Although a grudge watch can be fun, this one just isn’t worth it anymore. I’m only here for you tartlets, you’re more entertaining than SJ ever was.❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

I’ve decided that I’m done with Stephanie & CD. I just want to watch YouTube videos that make me happy. Although a grudge watch can be fun, this one just isn’t worth it anymore. I’m only here for you tartlets, you’re more entertaining than SJ ever was.❤
Totally agree! I just got caught up with Martijn Doolaard's videos. He works hard and his videos are so beautiful. Hardly any talking and no laughing. He takes such pride in his work. It's a joy! I don't watch CD vlogs because I just can't stand them. There's nothing of interest there anymore. Boring would be one thing, but Fanny is annoying. She's so one dimensional. She's like a talking cardboard cutout that won't shut up. Once in a while, I pop in to view something that's been discussed here to see for myself, but that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That's it for me ..... just one look of Fanny saying she is SO busy editing so good old Ollie is on his own .
I did not want to go on- dropped it and I will not watch that again.
I am not a big fan of Ollie but I do like him on his own channel with his wife but Fanny is like poison to me. I see her face and think of all the $$$ she is getting for doing bloody Nothing!!!
I am tired of her Castle that looks like crap and all the crappy people in it !
So.... why am I still here?
Well I love the Tattlers and their hilarity and fun --- I do learn a lot of stuff from you all too !!!
I will keep looking at her CD as I need to know what is going on here but her travel channel is like her Gift Grab channel - boring and distasteful !
Phillip is with them, why didn't he do the editing? Or was it the one where she talked and talked about how successful she made Dan?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Fanny has a huge bank balance now… does she buy clothes specifically for ‘ work’ and can claim them as a tax right off?

This might just….explain her justification to herself for soooo many new outfits.

She is NOT letting her London flat as apparently it needs work and updating before she lets it again. Good luck with that then.
Larkin is using the flat more frequently as he is working in the UK more now.

Was Davy keen to see Dans place so he can do another garden design for a chateau😂
I don’t understand why these two guys want to be so involved with their ex…I want nothing to do with mine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Has Fanny had new eyebrows tattooed?
I am NO make up expert…
That looks painful…
---

@Jules100 I haven’t watched a video in almost a year! I just follow along to what’s posted here and if something is really juicy I watch. It’s crazy how much over initial COVID lockdowns I got the groundwork for all the deceit and tomfoolery that continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'd argue for a Botox lift.
I agree. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be subtle.....hers is anything but subtle looking.
I say this all the time, but the person who is doing her filler and botox is failing her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Spoiler (maybe?). My bet is that Dan will be appearing in C4's "My Dream Derelict Home in The Sun", Season 2. Season 1 features Chateau DIY at Lalacelle
I think he is a bit of a sneaky wanker - deliberately evasive about soooooooooooooooooooo much. Tells us it's British TV ages ago but never follows up with more info.
---
Just watched Billy's vlog from last night; have also read all the speculation regarding MP's whereabouts and I'm finding I just don't give a toss.

But I do have a few thoughts on Billy himself... in his latest, he says, "Gwen's been nagging me..." and "I've got to keep Gwen happy..." and that's rubbed me the wrong way. If my hubs said that about me in a vlog with the potential of being watched by everyone on the planet, I'd have his freaking balls. It's tantamount to saying 'my partner is a whinging witch.' Gotta keep the Bank of Gwen happy? Stfu Billy and treat your partner with respect.
I wouldn't read too much into that - it's quite a British thing to do, joke about nagging wives - it's gentle ribbing: "my wife's been on at me to do ...... so finally I'm doing it" - the underlying narrative is, I'm been useless and now I really need to do this for my loved one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Understand that my impressions of France and it’s people were first formed 40 years ago. I’m sure there’s been quite a bit of evolution.😂 That said, of all my professors, my favorite had served in the Resistance during WW2. She cooked for us often. It was my first experience with food that wasn’t American mid century quick and easy cookery.
My impressions of France lie in it's bones. Those who have defended her, those who have died for her and those, who today, support her freedoms. For me it's not really about the food shared, nor the wine poured. It's the deep and abiding history of those people who, in their daily lives, were caught up in history not of their own making, but who became that history themselves.

From the Galli wars of 58 to 50 BCE and the conquest by Rome under Caesar, to Clovis 1 and the wars against the Visigoths, the Viking seige of Paris in 845 CE, the Norman's under Rollo, Capetians, Valois, the Bourbons and Plantagenets, and on through the centuries it goes to the remnants of the Great War. And what I especially love about it all, is that in every town and village and around every corner I can see and touch the fragments of all those lives lived. A Neolithic cave with its magnificent art, a Roman bridge, an 11th century castle, a 13th century church, perhaps a Vauban fortification, a monument, a battlefield, a grave. Always the graves. I can become immersed in the centuries long development of art, literature, science and philosophy; grasp elements of the Ancien Régime, the First Empire, and appreciate the economic development, cultural flourishing and prosperity of the Belle Époque. Then the chord that strikes me the most, the passion and bravery of those defending it all when the Axis powers sought to destroy it. My France is the fervor of those French and their allies who after years of struggle in the trenches were finally able to, once again, placid and temperate, and with a strength born of hardship, return to their homes and enjoy in that liberty they thought lost... and then yes, perhaps find enjoyment in that food and wine France is so famous for.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Bummer - I like the Ferties - I have a major crush on the hubby (I know, I like them bald and skinny - what can I say). They know each other so well and treat each other well.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yes, I understand!
Same!
I haven’t watched in quite a while- and haven’t missed it. You’re right the commentary and community here is WAY more entertaining! ❤
Tattle on!!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think he is a bit of a sneaky wanker - deliberately evasive about soooooooooooooooooooo much. Tells us it's British TV ages ago but never follows up with more info.
There's definitely someone else filming him when his UK mate was there last time there was a professional camera set up with the person dressed in all white, they were caught in Dan's filming hiding behind a tree. I think there is a deal with a local building supply company too, someone came out to visit to look at what supplies he would need.

Dan is smarter than he's getting credit for there's a lot he doesn't say and he is working the 'one man rebuilt a chateau' angle but he's smart enough to have project plans, architect involvement and support from a building supply company he's mentioned all of this in previous videos. He's making Patreon, YT money and if there is a tv deal maybe that's where the building co get their advertising.

The fact Dan is building a Yurt on site (and not a second-hand caravan) is proof there is money, maybe that is sponsored too lets see how much advertising the company who builds it gets.

There used to be a TV in Aus called Backyard Blitz to see it on screen it looked like 4 people did a full garden makeover in a weekend behind the scenes there was a team of tradies that would do the work off camera. I think Dan is playing with smoke and mirrors.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just watched the Fertés fix the water pump. I feel like I’ve missed something. Off to check the latest upload.

Ok….I Definitely missed something that is the latest upload. Please explain 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.