The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he is a bit of a sneaky wanker - deliberately evasive about soooooooooooooooooooo much. Tells us it's British TV ages ago but never follows up with more info.
---

I wouldn't read too much into that - it's quite a British thing to do, joke about nagging wives - it's gentle ribbing: "my wife's been on at me to do ...... so finally I'm doing it" - the underlying narrative is, I'm been useless and now I really need to do this for my loved one.
@UvulaDonor ! You used the W word!!! 🤣 But you're right. He is penible, tiresome beyond belief.

You're correct about the British thing to joke about the old trouble and strife but when you're on the receiving end of it and it's public it's not so funny. Himself has become a bit of a pain in the arse recently using me as the brunt of all his woes to his clients. I know he thinks it's hilariously funny to tell his clients that the only reason he stays in France is because of me and that he'd go back to the UK tomorrow if he, 'apparently', didn't love me so much but duck! I'm pretty much done with that stuck record. In the heat of the moment he has been told to "duck off then". His clients don't get his humour and it leaves them wondering who this haridon is that he has to put up with. I make sure I put all the sharp knives away at night where I will find it difficult to get them if I'm sleepwalking 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Totally agree! I just got caught up with Martijn Doolaard's videos. He works hard and his videos are so beautiful. Hardly any talking and no laughing. He takes such pride in his work. It's a joy! I don't watch CD vlogs because I just can't stand them. There's nothing of interest there anymore. Boring would be one thing, but Fanny is annoying. She's so one dimensional. She's like a talking cardboard cutout that won't shut up. Once in a while, I pop in to view something that's been discussed here to see for myself, but that's it.
Fanny is a robot isn't she, with programing that leaves a lot to be desired. Wake up, open window, comment on weather, see what's happening happening in the kitchen, grab a cuppa, a walk to the walled garden, say hello to the peacocks along the way, talk to a gardener, comment on the chooks, film a flower, visit the greenhouse, orgasmicly eat some raspberries. Occasionally there'll be a glitch and a renovation might be mentioned, but then her memory will be wiped. Then it's back to regular programming with a visit to the virus that sets the table, dinner with guests, raising a glass cheers everyone, end program.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Fanny does not know how to do a cateye. It's supposed to be a graceful sweep to a point. Her's is not graceful it juts out! She's way too old for it anyway. She must have been watching the wrong YT channel. Her's look more like the top right or bottom middle in this photo. She probably has some wrinkling of the eyelid which makes it nearly impossible to apply liquid or gel eyeliner.
View attachment 2333677
Great thing about people with zero self-awareness. They never see how ridiculously wrong they are about everything in their life.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What interesting stories your ladies have to tell - you are part of the real France and they are certainly as appreciative of you as you are of them, happy to let you into their past lives. No hope of filming this living heritage with their family's permisson ? So much more significant than watching foreigners restoring clapped out old shells of chateaux. Was it here that someone posted a link to a little docu about elderly wealthy Parisian women reminiscing in a nursing home? I can't find it any more though.
Yes I watched that and my lady I work for would fit right in there. She's told me so many stories about the war, how she met her (he was a sweetie and a ground breaking veterinarian in his time) late husband and what this area was like when she arrived in 1952 after her wedding (she said it was like going back to the middle ages). The house is full of so many artifacts of a life well travelled, pieces from the Vendeen wars and their trips all over the world. My nextdoor neighbour has all the farming stories from around here, who lived in what house and scandals. Her late husband was a blacksmith. It will break my heart when they go. It seems the women outlive the men here........in the rural community alcohol seems to have played quite a big part in their demise.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My hairdresser has recently had his lips done. While he was cutting my hair I was trying to work out what was wrong different about his face. When I put my glasses on I realised! It looked like he had had an allergic reaction to seafood. He's a young man in his 30's. He's not a munter, has that whole surf dude thing going on. He's athletic, was short listed for the French rowing team. So why do people put themselves through that? He really didn't need it and I hope he has regretted it and won't see the need to continue down that route. Just mho.
I plan to grow old disgracefully, but I came into the world with this face and I’ll go out with it too. I’ve a few scars, a couple of lumpy bits and the jawline isn’t quite what it was, but no one is doing anything to me that isn’t required for life saving. No cutting, poking or prodding unnecessarily. It just isn’t for me. Granted my skin has never seen sun without old school zinc oxide but gravity has taken it’s toll. My “friend” says it’s a road map of memories and experience. I would not want to erase that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@jack Spratt ..just wow, get cracking & persuade them to let you film them, a little at a time so they don't get tired. I imagine their accents and ways of speaking are very different so you could splice the editing to compare them. Seeing them in their own homes surrounded by the objects of a lifetime creates a fascinating picture of their past memories
---
@Iolair .."the virus that sets the table"...priceless😃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I plan to grow old disgracefully, but I came into the world with this face and I’ll go out with it too. I’ve a few scars, a couple of lumpy bits and the jawline isn’t quite what it was, but no one is doing anything to me that isn’t required for life saving. No cutting, poking or prodding unnecessarily. It just isn’t for me. Granted my skin has never seen sun without old school zinc oxide but gravity has taken it’s toll. My “friend” says it’s a road map of memories and experience. I would not want to erase that.
I love that phrase "to grow old disgracefully". My darling grandmother used it all the time and I shall follow in her footsteps. She also said she would leave this world with the same number of holes that she came into it with. Me too.

I also have lumps and bumps and scarring from general life and operations but not a single one in the search for perfection. I have undergone the operation for 'half' a face-lift but not because of vanity but because there was a rather worrying tumour growing in my cheek that the surgeon couldn't get a handle on without an operation. Luckily the tumour turned out to be nothing but it did bring to light an illness that I had been suffering from but no Dr had been able to pinpoint until that operation. I am happy to live with my imperfections and, yes indeed, it is a roadmap of memories and experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@Spirit of place found it, the programme on youtube is called La Vie de Chateau a 90 ans. I could certainy see my lady living there, all from the same mold. From looking at photos of her she was certainly a live wire and not what her Vendeen inlaws were expecting at all. Bless her

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wait, what? I'm totally confused. I thought Gwen wanted the Chateau shut down until the boys got older, and she wanted Billy to turn the CONVENT into a retreat center for her... Poor Billy!!!
If that's the case I guess she needs to use the chateau till the convent's ready... she'll be old & grey by the time the convent's ready...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@UvulaDonor ! You used the W word!!! 🤣 But you're right. He is penible, tiresome beyond belief.

You're correct about the British thing to joke about the old trouble and strife but when you're on the receiving end of it and it's public it's not so funny. Himself has become a bit of a pain in the arse recently using me as the brunt of all his woes to his clients. I know he thinks it's hilariously funny to tell his clients that the only reason he stays in France is because of me and that he'd go back to the UK tomorrow if he, 'apparently', didn't love me so much but duck! I'm pretty much done with that stuck record. In the heat of the moment he has been told to "duck off then". His clients don't get his humour and it leaves them wondering who this haridon is that he has to put up with. I make sure I put all the sharp knives away at night where I will find it difficult to get them if I'm sleepwalking 😉
I have the same issues with Mr Albee. He is a Brit I’m not. I’ve learnt to ignorr him, i now spend his money to get even😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She looks about 70 every time she scrapes her hair back, and is that a polyester dress? That's what it looks like. They must have made dozens of vlogs when they were in and near Venice: Venice, Padua, Verona, what next? Should be entitled, My travels in Italy!
Isn't that the granny dress she wore when Snorts was on stage kissing all the guys?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@Cleo's Asp 'I hated it when women were called "birds" by chauvinistic men but I do think that "Flappy bird" is a perfect name for Fanny as that's exactly what she does with her arms and claws in an attempt to look enthusiastic and happy with her false persona.' They weren't chauvinistic men! You're applying todays 'woke' to a bygone era... all four of my brothers called girls 'birds', it was a phrase and they most certainly were not chauvinists..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Friend of my deceased father died this week. No funeral as body donated to medical school. Do other countries do this? His family will get his ashes once they are finished with him.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Friend of my deceased father died this week. No funeral as body donated to medical school. Do other countries do this? His family will get his ashes once they are finished with him.
I hope at least they have a memorial. It helps for people to get closure.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve heard he’s doing just fine and been working on his cottage.

I’ve decided that I’m done with Stephanie & CD. I just want to watch YouTube videos that make me happy. Although a grudge watch can be fun, this one just isn’t worth it anymore. I’m only here for you tartlets, you’re more entertaining than SJ ever was.❤
Just stick with Tattle, ffs where else can you read heated debates about rape allegations and see beautiful images of quilts all on the same page😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I don’t know if anyone here is interested in game of thrones books or show but if you are, my schoolteacher niece’s Tik Tok channel about the game of thrones just reached 261,800 subscribers and has received 15,816,863 likes as of 10 minutes ago. She answers questions about the Game of Thrones books, shows, etc. She has to speak very quickly to get her complete analysis of a question completed in 3 minutes, If you have any interest in the topic, you may want to check out her TikTok account which is under the name kirby.alice. She currently has a backlog of 1,000 questions to answer about the GOT books, etc.

She did a video yesterday about the egotistical narcissism of the Cersei character being addicted to her sense of superiority, addicted to her own sense of disappointment, addicted to watching others fail, etc. Kirby sums her up as an “ ego in a blonde wig.” Does that remind you of anyone who lives in a Dump? Kirby’s 3 minute analysis of narc Cersei really applies to F4F ( and her struggles with the success of Dan’s YouTube channel or any success of people around her). Here is the link to the video

I think I have written the link down correctly below.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.