The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I left a comment on Chateau de la Ferte's comment section telling them how much I loved the work they have done on their chateau and how sad I was that they were selling ....also hoped it was not due to illness on anyone's part....and Carol did " a Fanny Snort"!!!!! Comment deleted!!! Guess they don't want to let the cat out of the bag.
That's interesting. I don't watch them, but people here had such nice things to say about them personally (if not their decorating capabilities with the Midas Touch!), Makes you wonder why they wouldn't want that information known?

Reactions: 20
Understand that my impressions of France and it’s people were first formed 40 years ago. I’m sure there’s been quite a bit of evolution.😂 That said, of all my professors, my favorite had served in the Resistance during WW2. She cooked for us often. It was my first experience with food that wasn’t American mid century quick and easy cookery.
I think one of MFK Fisher's memoir chapters -- there are several titled "The Measure of My Powers" -- tells the story of living with a French family as a boarder. And learning Everything.
She also writes under the same title about growing up in a household whose kitchen was tyrannized by her grandma -- who like Pheeph was allergic to everything and made the whole family eat tuna and peaches.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Isn’t Salem in…. by.. New York? That Salem with the witches? Near Westchester where the X-Men live.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
A little update on Baby Potpourri:
This shot was taken last week. He is three weeks old today and has grown one inch since birth.
We've moved back to our condo, and my parents have been visiting the baby almost every evening.
I asked my dad if he would consider gifting the baby with a plush porcelain dinner set, and my dad was like, WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
When I told him that I know of a 26-year-old dude whose grandparents always gave him crockery when he growing up, my dad retorted:
WHY? DID HIS BALLS NOT DESCEND?

View attachment 2332723

Now back to Lalande!
Absolutely adorable. What happy times.Thanks for the update and cute picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Tennessee is in Portland?

I should check a worldmap from time to time…
---
I believe someone here suggested that fanny had had a recent shopping spree at Anthropolgie. After a quick shufty in their sale frocks I see there is nothing that fanny would go for at her ceiling price of £/€/$50. But I also see at lot of frocks that she would go for and maybe already has.

Thrush as a Camargue Gardian😂😂😂 Have you seen those guys at work? Tough as old boots and rough n' ready to go, check them out @HalcyonOrganic . Thrush would be worrying about chipping his nail polish.
Who should I check out?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Today's Travel with My Friend was the best if you just watch the first 10 minutes. Just Ollie because Fanny most likely slept in even though she claimed she was busy editing. I think you'll agree "Travels without my friend" might be a more successful channel. He made Verona look like a great little city to visit, well done Ollie.
Maybe Ollie should take over the channel solo and rename it “ Travels WITHOUT my greedy, blonde friend.”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Fanny has a huge bank balance now… does she buy clothes specifically for ‘ work’ and can claim them as a tax right off?

This might just….explain her justification to herself for soooo many new outfits.

She is NOT letting her London flat as apparently it needs work and updating before she lets it again. Good luck with that then.
Larkin is using the flat more frequently as he is working in the UK more now.

Was Davy keen to see Dans place so he can do another garden design for a chateau😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Isn't the painting on the left a woman on the horse?

Everything in that room seems to be fighting - the wallpaper, the color of the wainscoting, the carpet on the stairs. It's just a big hot mess. And those paintings really look like crap there.
Perhaps it is a woman, I couldn't really tell and I guess my mind was on gay cowboys today. It makes more sense. I don't think Steve is particularly attracted to gay men, but what do I know! The 'messy' paintings are, IMHO, horrible! People who buy that are suckers in my book. I'm all for abstract art, but really, those paintings didn't have much thought or time put into them. Steve is just like Fanny in that they are both wannabe pretentious sophisticates.

Two of the most well known art collectors in New York were Herb and Dorothy Vogel. They were middle class, lived in a tiny apartment and collected art that they loved. Their collection was worth millions. Here's a photo of them. Very ordinary, very sophisticated, not pretentious at all.
1690321590692.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does anyone else think it is gross that Sir ChamberPottie likes to swim in the grungy moat water at the Dump? I didn’t realize there were so many big fish and other critters living in the murky green moat water until F4F featured the moat us a recent video. I would think it would make you sick to be routinely frolicking in the nasty moat. Has anyone seen any other chateau owners swimming in a moat surrounding their property?
---
Thanks for the vid., didn’t see that ending before.

Geesh, Can’t imagine who the new hag will be. 🙄😂
Will the new hag be Ñutty?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
is Fanny renting her London flat on air bnb? does IJ rent her South Africa house? Or the other ones she has in. England? Seems like they are way to frugile/cheap to let those places be empty, especially when you still pay taxes/utilities
They are a combination of frugle AND entitled! (such a charming combination 🙂🤢) which may equal not allowing civilians (Liz Hurley quote) in their homes

Reactions: 5
Hey! Everyone!

Im going to share with you one of my high tech tools that tells you which city is in which state and on which side of the map:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Someone recommended The Hidden House Ireland which I binge watched to catch up.. omg those poor people, it's gone from lousy to dire! House is on swamp land, car in garage, no food left... dog keeps bleeping off... She's got a permanent smile on though...
She's lovely! A world away from....

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.