The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
see... would it then be an unreasonable estimate that he might earn $2500 or $3000 combined?
There’s no way to estimate YT membership numbers… we have no idea how many people signed up.

But my guess is, excluding the sponsorships, he is getting $7000-$8000 monthly from AdSense. For each sponsorship he can get between $1000 to $2000 and if he has an affiliate link, get a percentage from each sale going through his link.
So he’s getting a healthy paycheque each month. His problem (?) is that he’s clearly spending a lot more on material and labour. But then again, they can clearly afford it… unless Gwen has tightened the purse strings 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 21
Fanny and Snorts have been to the Uk shopping . I now realise that Snorts belt was a 100 Stars print. Fanny has had lunch with them and managed to bag a load of freebies.
If Davy was at the dump why was he not shown around the garden and Fanny vlog this? Her trip to Dans for the third time was odd, so hastily put together . I do think she is pacing time to get through bnb season. There will then be another big excuse as to why no renovations can happen.
Guesses for this?

Natty is having her baby?
Snorts has had an operation in Turkey that has gone wrong.
Fanny has been blind in one eye all her life and is finally having corrective surgery.
Nathan the heating engineer…… has a hernia and cannot finish installing the heating .
Amoury has handed in his notice as Snorts hit him.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Beeeeecckkyyyy is in Portland Tennessee. I looked it up a while ago, because if she was in Portland Oregon I knew I would hunt her down like a rabid dog.
Oh, how weird we just drove through Portland Tennessee last night! Totally one horse town.
We were coming home from Chicago …we went for my birthday trip! (Cancer girl all the way ) ;)
Anyway, one very sad thing that struck me while we were there ….we were having dinner at a pizza place… and there was this family, as we were going inside ….a mother and little preschoolers ….begging for money. They were from Venezuela. I could not help but think the LIAR is making all this money and these poor children and mother are having to beg. It WAS so sad and it is disgusting ….but I’m hoping that Karma will get her one day.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Here's my reply to HalyconOrganic's question from the last thread: "Wait, you’re in Oregon? Do you know who else is from there?"
Yes, about 4.26 million other people. I know about 6 of them. And no, not the one you're thinking of. 🤣
If you're in PDX, I feel you. Very hard place for newcomers...my son moved from NOLA to Portland a few years ago. Very different vibe there from the south but great pub trivia, beers, and food trucks.

Reactions: 11
So 100 Stars obe belt £28.
Reading their website Statement they do factory inspection in India once a year for "piece of mind". They should have a better command of the English language, unless they are telling the factory off "giving them a piece of their mind" as oppose to feeling satisfied that all is well giving them "peace of mind". Come on Sheffield, Miss Snookes and your bosses DETAIL.

Better use of obe on Snorts would be as a gag

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
If you're in PDX, I feel you. Very hard place for newcomers...my son moved from NOLA to Portland a few years ago. Very different vibe there from the south but great pub trivia, beers, and food trucks.
I grew up in Oregon, third generation so I know Oregonians! I lived in Santa Cruz, CA for 40 years. I moved back to Oregon last year to be near my brother who is the only family I have that I can depend on now to help me with my husband who has dementia. I always told myself I would never move back due to the rainy cold winters, but here I am. I find most places are hard for newcomers. I lived in Boston for a while when I was young and talk about a closed society! Unless you had family or grew up there, you had a very hard time making any friends or being invited to any parties. I am not Irish or Italian so I was an outsider right off the bat. People couldn't figure out where I was from because not many west coasters move to Boston. They thought I was from the south! My accent was hardly southern more midwestern. Portland is big and it really depends on which neighborhood you live in. My neighborhood is very friendly.
---
So 100 Stars obe belt £28.
Reading their website Statement they do factory inspection in India once a year for "piece of mind". They should have a better command of the English language, unless they are telling the factory off "giving them a piece of their mind" as oppose to feeling satisfied that all is well giving them "peace of mind". Come on Sheffield, Miss Snookes and your bosses DETAIL.

Better use of obe on Snorts would be as a gag
Is it a surprise inspection? If not, anything could be going on. I worked in the garment industry for years. It's so corrupt and dishonest.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Perhaps it is a woman, I couldn't really tell and I guess my mind was on gay cowboys today. It makes more sense. I don't think Steve is particularly attracted to gay men, but what do I know! The 'messy' paintings are, IMHO, horrible! People who buy that are suckers in my book. I'm all for abstract art, but really, those paintings didn't have much thought or time put into them. Steve is just like Fanny in that they are both wannabe pretentious sophisticates.

Two of the most well known art collectors in New York were Herb and Dorothy Vogel. They were middle class, lived in a tiny apartment and collected art that they loved. Their collection was worth millions. Here's a photo of them. Very ordinary, very sophisticated, not pretentious at all.
View attachment 2333492
Do you think Shrek actually bought those unfortunate looking abstracts??? I have seen decorators show “painting your own” abstracts that were actually attractive.
*But I can’t imagine any abstract looking lovely with that wallpaper and unfortunate fabric on the sofa that was also pointed out...Sad to see that whole.... whatever it is going on there! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Shrek and The Sewer know nothing about art, including how to make it or how to display it. You’ve really got to wonder how they are financing this chateau. One thing’s for sure, though, they haven’t been overspending on antiques or new clothes!!!

Next they will be exhibiting Saint You-Know-Whose work! 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In theory that sounds like a very good idea.
Although they are buddies their working styles would start to rub each other up the wrong way.
Amaury the perfectionist would start to irritate Dan and Dan the organic freestyler would soon get on Amaury's wick.

And many thanks for the new thread @ComtesseRose.
I suspect that Dan offered Amaury a biz partnership / a cut….there was that window segment early on…and at one point, Fanny showed footage that had Dan saying he was visiting to talk about a business proposal with Amaury. Fanny has visited three times, but you‘d think that Amaury, who was actually a friend, would stop by. Maybe he has but it wasn't filmed.

I think Amaury took one look at the building and thought money pit, as we all did. While Dan is doing well….we have never seen a budget for the place, nor a purchase price.

a roof alone will cost hundreds of thousands. Dan is just milking this property for content…will it ever be livable?

i suppose we‘ll need to wait to see…might take 5-10 years.

menopausal hags here will be officially “elderly“ by that time….lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Isn't the painting on the left a woman on the horse?

Everything in that room seems to be fighting - the wallpaper, the color of the wainscoting, the carpet on the stairs. It's just a big hot mess. And those paintings really look like crap there.
Unbelievably naff the whole room. Did the workshop guests leave reviews of their surroundings I wonder? And, what on earth was that silver velvet seating? Or covered in polythene? As to the art it is very reminiscent of Pig Pen's in Charlie Brown ❤ so I see the inference 😏 but even he never hung it unframed on a clashing wallpaper.

@billybudd. I think Celestine's description of the Vaucluse rings true for most rural communities in Europe up to the first half of the last century - amid subsistence crops & entitled landlords, abandoning the land to emigrate to cities & overseas is a recurring pattern. Not only tv but also transport -scooters & cars played a part in undermining local life You mentioned MKFisher & by coincidence have just reread her memoirs of living in Dijon as a young newly wed in 1929/30. The oppulence & variety of the meals she was invited to point to a thriving agriculture in Burgundy at the time & a well-fattened bourgeoisie.! Au contraire my son went there last year and apart from a vast selection of moutardes he brought back, found the food disappointing but maybe didn't go to the right places.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
T
Maybe Ollie should take over the channel solo and rename it “ Travels WITHOUT my greedy, blonde friend.”
That's it for me ..... just one look of Fanny saying she is SO busy editing so good old Ollie is on his own .
I did not want to go on- dropped it and I will not watch that again.
I am not a big fan of Ollie but I do like him on his own channel with his wife but Fanny is like poison to me. I see her face and think of all the $$$ she is getting for doing bloody Nothing!!!
I am tired of her Castle that looks like crap and all the crappy people in it !
So.... why am I still here?
Well I love the Tattlers and their hilarity and fun --- I do learn a lot of stuff from you all too !!!
I will keep looking at her CD as I need to know what is going on here but her travel channel is like her Gift Grab channel - boring and distasteful !

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Pure speculation, but i thought that michael may have received a cease and desist or legal letter threatening slander for the last video which showed a clip of Dick Strawbridge “fixing” the chandelier where there was a leak. Dick has been on major brand protection since the whole scandal of Angel yelling at production crew came out.
in a recent vlog, Billy mentioned about getting sued…again.

he also may have gotten a lot of orders for his prints, and like last time, has been wrapping them, shipping etc. He doesn't strike me as a multitasker.

Reactions: 18
I think Gwen nailed it when she said " I have been asking about this since January, only took 7 months" I don't think that is nagging or a whinging witch, it's a partner asking your loved one to help you with renovations. The same partner that doesn't have to get a real job, can play with things like a Convent renovation and you tube. Gwen is still with the kids all day as it gives Billy a way to be out of the house.
Gwen seems to be the only one with a plan for income. Billy and Michael (and the sister) are starters but they don't follow anything through to the end. In real life the Chateau whould have been finished and earning an income before the Convent was even purchased. The way he goes about the restoration/renovation is costing twice as much as it should. Daily trips to Brico is ridiculous.

Reactions: 14
We’re almost in August…
a few weeks until the patron days.

France basically shuts down in August while everyone takes a vacation, so don‘t expect much to get done in the chateauverse.

literally nothing will happen at Lalande except Fanny waking up at noon to cash her $40k cheque from patreon for zero restoration, zero renovation, zero repairs, zero reupholstery, zero projects.

Just more dust gathering on Flappy bird. Expect more chicken closeups, longer weeds in the garden, growing cracks in the facade and Fanny’s face full of fillers and botox.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Now, now…we don’t use the word “normal” here. We say Amanda is “chateau conventional.” On the other hand, Fanny is “chateau challenged.” 😁
I didn't see that interview, look forward to it being reposted. What's Amanda's channel called please?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.