The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe someone here suggested that fanny had had a recent shopping spree at Anthropolgie. After a quick shufty in their sale frocks I see there is nothing that fanny would go for at her ceiling price of £/€/$50. But I also see at lot of frocks that she would go for and maybe already has.

Thrush as a Camargue Gardian😂😂😂 Have you seen those guys at work? Tough as old boots and rough n' ready to go, check them out @HalcyonOrganic . Thrush would be worrying about chipping his nail polish.
A few years back I was invited to work on a dig in the Camargue and said no. A - because it wasn't WW1related and B - because working with Camargue guys just seemed too tough of a proposition. Now I really want to visit the region. I'd love to wander Aigues-Mortes, walk the battlements and climb a pink salt mountain.
---
I have, we had a holiday that way a few years back. It was fiesta week at Aigues-Mortes when we were there and they rode through the streets with the wild horses. Could you imagine him on horseback rounding up the bulls on the marshes, imagine the terror on his face.
SO freaking jealous right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
According to my sources, Michael and Alex had creative differences in the way they shot and edited the videos, so they stopped working together.
And since Alex was already there, Billy started using him for his videos instead of letting him go.

Don’t forget your grain of salt. ,
you had me at the first half, i'm not gonna lie 🤣

It wouldn't surprise me though. MPK's editing and filming from different angles is nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have, we had a holiday that way a few years back. It was fiesta week at Aigues-Mortes when we were there and they rode through the streets with the wild horses. Could you imagine him on horseback rounding up the bulls on the marshes, imagine the terror on his face.
Snorts ideal vs reality.
1690302258748.png
1690302093720.png
1690302153140.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'd be interested to know from our Frenchies what the top actual social problems in rural Indre-et-Loire are where Lalande is located, and what the best local charities addressing those questions would be.
Jarvis needs to support France. I remember thinking during a recent domestic violence/lockdown crisis in La France Profonde, this is what Jarvis needs to be giving her money to.
If feeding the hungry is one's priority, who would that be in Indre-sur-Loire? Is it the pressing local issue? Catholic charities are not always the best ones as the Irish orphanages, and American pedophiles, have taught us. I check every one I give to through Charity Navigator. What first springs to mind is not always helpful -- for example, clothing and supplies during disasters impose huge storage/cargo costs when what is needed is potable water to avoid cholera and triage supplies on site. Charity Navigator every year names its top 10 charities and Direct Relief is usually number one (not Red Cross or United Way or Oxfam, NB, never found among the top-rated.)
I'll shut up now. Elmo's rebranding of Twitter as X is the last straw. I have to find another platform, yikes.
---
There's the huge nation wide charity she could donate to Resto du Coeur for those on the poverty line. Also in the Indre et Loire there is the Comite local d'aide aux victimes (CLAV), for domestic violence which is on the rise there. She looks no further than the end of her nose or her next purchase of tat. All of this could be found out in a second. I don't suppose for one moment he ever reads or listens to French radio or watches French TV. Then again there are so many who live here that don't. Still watch their UK TV, stick to UK time and even watch the UK weather forecast...Why? I remember back when we had Tempete Xynthia and warnings were being given out on French TV, phoned a friend to say hope you don't get any damage tonight. Her response not a clue about any of it her words "they didn't metion it of the BBC weather forecast this evening". You give up sometimes.
---
Camargue Gardians
1690302189190.png

1690302259283.png

1690302345871.png

---
A few years back I was invited to work on a dig in the Camargue and said no. A - because it wasn't WW1related and B - because working with Camargue guys just seemed too tough of a proposition. Now I really want to visit the region. I'd love to wander Aigues-Mortes, walk the battlements and climb a pink salt mountain.
---

SO freaking jealous right now!
It is lovely we intend to go back again at some stage. Aigues-Mortes was just down the road from where we were staying at Le Grau du Roi.
1690302795518.png

---
Oh and Gardianne de Taureau, served with camargue rice, may not look much but it is absolutely delicious.
1690303083916.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Maybe you didn't miss me and you didn't even notice, but I'm weaning myself off everything related to the chateauverse.
It's been a long time since I've watched the CD or, God forbid, the other chateau channels.
I like to read Tattle, but I have nothing more to say about Fanny, Killip and others.

But let me tell you. I was at the Depeche Mode concert, a wonderful, wonderful, fun, emotional concert. I'm still impressed.
That's why I'm putting you one from the concert. I think the title perfectly describes what I think of the chateauverse in general. WRONG! (Everythin is wrong)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'll just leave this here.
For anybody who believes this site has redeeming social importance, ie., gathering the facts to support charges against Isabelle and Stephanie Jarvis of worker exploitation, harassment, unlawful dismissal, animal cruelty, and possible tax evasion, so journalists and law enforcement could take the evidence seriously, the idea that we sit around thinking up ways for the chateau residents to die is anathema.
I don't sit around thinking of ways for them to die. It sabotages all the good work here and the danger people underwent to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They will be back in September according to this announcement, and Julie's departure is mentioned in the comments below the video if you watch it on youtube:
Thanks for the vid., didn’t see that ending before.

Geesh, Can’t imagine who the new hag will be. 🙄😂

Reactions: 9
A little update on Baby Potpourri:
This shot was taken last week. He is three weeks old today and has grown one inch since birth.
We've moved back to our condo, and my parents have been visiting the baby almost every evening.
I asked my dad if he would consider gifting the baby with a plush porcelain dinner set, and my dad was like, WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
When I told him that I know of a 26-year-old dude whose grandparents always gave him crockery when he growing up, my dad retorted:
WHY? DID HIS BALLS NOT DESCEND?

bb3.jpg

Now back to Lalande!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I'll just leave this here.
For anybody who believes this site has redeeming social importance, ie., gathering the facts to support charges against Isabelle and Stephanie Jarvis of worker exploitation, harassment, unlawful dismissal, animal cruelty, and possible tax evasion, so journalists and law enforcement could take the evidence seriously, the idea that we sit around thinking up ways for the chateau residents to die is anathema.
I don't sit around thinking of ways for them to die. It sabotages all the good work here and the danger people underwent to do it.
Sometimes a little humor can go a long way for some of us. I don't take any of the chateauverse seriously at all and personally, I'm not out to get anyone. This site is a distraction for me. That's all. Nothing more. I don't wish anyone dead and I don't sit around thinking about it. People that are stupid enough to fall for Fanny deserve what they get in my book. I'll just leave it at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just watched Billy's vlog from last night; have also read all the speculation regarding MP's whereabouts and I'm finding I just don't give a toss.

But I do have a few thoughts on Billy himself... in his latest, he says, "Gwen's been nagging me..." and "I've got to keep Gwen happy..." and that's rubbed me the wrong way. If my hubs said that about me in a vlog with the potential of being watched by everyone on the planet, I'd have his freaking balls. It's tantamount to saying 'my partner is a whinging witch.' Gotta keep the Bank of Gwen happy? Stfu Billy and treat your partner with respect.
I think Gwen nailed it when she said " I have been asking about this since January, only took 7 months" I don't think that is nagging or a whinging witch, it's a partner asking your loved one to help you with renovations. The same partner that doesn't have to get a real job, can play with things like a Convent renovation and you tube. Gwen is still with the kids all day as it gives Billy a way to be out of the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This shot was taken last week. He is three weeks old today and has grown one inch since birth.
We've moved back to our condo, and my parents have been visiting the baby almost every evening.
I asked my dad if he would consider gifting the baby with a plush porcelain dinner set, and my dad was like, WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
When I told him that I know of a 26-year-old dude whose grandparents always gave him crockery when he growing up, my dad retorted:

View attachment 2332723

Now back to Lalande!
So sweet! ❤

I did a little sleuthing and found this photo @Marquis de Potpourri posted in the hospital while his wife was giving birth…😄

IMG_5504.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Sounds like the real France I like to think about, instead of that royalist bullshit. (Actually, thinking about Louis IX, kings' ability to build monuments to their own power the human spirit, and Sainte Chapelle, chapel of God is Beauty and Abbot Suger's theory of light....still....It's not Jarvis' actually racist Disney version of France).
He deffo would be chipping his nail polish.
What do you think of as the real France?

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 11.09.42 AM.png

---

View attachment 2332723

Now back to Lalande!
Glad to think Baby Rri's cradle is surrounded by the good fairies of hilarity. Good one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes! Kudos to Amanda. (Sorry I should have looked her up) Really great interview. Normal. What you see is what you get.
Now, now…we don’t use the word “normal” here. We say Amanda is “chateau conventional.” On the other hand, Fanny is “chateau challenged.” 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There's the huge nation wide charity she could donate to Resto du Coeur for those on the poverty line. Also in the Indre et Loire there is the Comite local d'aide aux victimes (CLAV), for domestic violence which is on the rise there. She looks no further than the end of her nose or her next purchase of tat. All of this could be found out in a second. I don't suppose for one moment he ever reads or listens to French radio or watches French TV. Then again there are so many who live here that don't. Still watch their UK TV, stick to UK time and even watch the UK weather forecast...Why? I remember back when we had Tempete Xynthia and warnings were being given out on French TV, phoned a friend to say hope you don't get any damage tonight. Her response not a clue about any of it her words "they didn't metion it of the BBC weather forecast this evening". You give up sometimes.
---

Camargue Gardians
View attachment 2332668
View attachment 2332671
View attachment 2332674
---

It is lovely we intend to go back again at some stage. Aigues-Mortes was just down the road from where we were staying at Le Grau du Roi.
View attachment 2332689
---
Oh and Gardianne de Taureau, served with camargue rice, may not look much but it is absolutely delicious.
View attachment 2332701
Hmmmm... admittedly, just like the Brits in France I suppose, I keep a close eye on Aussie news, despite being so far away. I do it because I'm forever homesick and because when I'm talking to friends and family, I already know the news from their respective areas. Aussie weather conditions claim my attention, with family members in the fire brigade and Australia having the alarming habit of burning down each Summer. South Pacific news is also of interest, climate change wise, and I also keep an eye on goings on in Canberra. Sports news leaves me uninterested, unresponsive and bored. I imagine that wherever a person moves to, they always leave a part of themselves at "home." I do however find that keeping GMT in France truly bizzare! With Fanny though, I'm sure she keeps an eye on the news from London, essentially to know when the sales are on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
is Fanny renting her London flat on air bnb? does IJ rent her South Africa house? Or the other ones she has in. England? Seems like they are way to frugile/cheap to let those places be empty, especially when you still pay taxes/utilities

Reactions: 11
Just watched Billy's vlog from last night; have also read all the speculation regarding MP's whereabouts and I'm finding I just don't give a toss.

But I do have a few thoughts on Billy himself... in his latest, he says, "Gwen's been nagging me..." and "I've got to keep Gwen happy..." and that's rubbed me the wrong way. If my hubs said that about me in a vlog with the potential of being watched by everyone on the planet, I'd have his freaking balls. It's tantamount to saying 'my partner is a whinging witch.' Gotta keep the Bank of Gwen happy? Stfu Billy and treat your partner with respect.
I noticed that, too, and it didn’t sound good. I agree, in the video it appeared Billy was disrespecting Gwen. But, honestly, I don’t think Billy was actually frustrated with Gwen…I think Billy is really frustrated that HE is working on the bedrooms and not Michael. In the past, Billy doesn’t hesitate to call out Michael in a video…like when he finally sold the Mercedes he was going to gift Michael if he just got his drivers license (and he didn’t as of that time). He was publicly shaming Michael, I believe in the hope to motivate him. I think this might be the same thing…Billy dropping his work at the convent to work on the chateau and publicly expressing his frustration. Months ago, Michael said he would be working on the chateau while Billy worked on the convent. I think Billy’s ire is really directed at Michael in the hopes he’ll light a fire under him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
View attachment 2332701
Yum.
The presentation of stew is always a challenge.
Checking my Larousse. It has a thousand garnitures including locally named ones -- but bourguignonne (whole glazed onions, mushrooms, pickled pork) seems appropriate but -- helas Larousse -- heavy, imperialistic, and charmless.
Thinking orange gremolata and a cluster of the local Cotes du Rhone grapes. With a leaf or two. Maybe blanched a little and stuffed with some version of this Camargue rice salad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.