The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how much the food culture forms the lives of people in the country. But I bet it's huge. Encouraged by Graham Robb's Discovery of France I've been sort of on a lost village tour (Celestine, Village in the Vaucluse, Anthony Peregrine's accounts of Alain-Fournier country in the Berry) of France, where villages were literally unmapped until the 20th century. Semi-troglodyte life around the fireplace during winter in Celestine's village, where as usual there was little to eat but chestnut flour, little to keep warm with but the cows ruminating in the stable across the room, and plenty of stories about wolves and imprisoned princesses to tell.
This all ended, according to the Vaucluse guy, when TV came to the town in 1963, and the outdoor boules games, evening paseo, social group meetings all disappeared over night and everyone stayed home.
Understand that my impressions of France and it’s people were first formed 40 years ago. I’m sure there’s been quite a bit of evolution.😂 That said, of all my professors, my favorite had served in the Resistance during WW2. She cooked for us often. It was my first experience with food that wasn’t American mid century quick and easy cookery.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2333193
Art is whatever you can get away with. However, you cannot get away with hanging modern art on awful wallpaper like that! Shame on Shrek.

View attachment 2333168
Ugly, uglier, ugliest! I hate this room. It's depressing. The only room I like of theirs is the one that the Green Man advised them. I hope they follow his advice. Steve really has bad taste. 👎 Those paintings need to be on white or some other neutral solid colored walls. The upholstery on that settee and chairs is so granny and fights claws and teeth with the wallpaper. I find it so hard to believe that he has any kind of art training. Did he miss the classes on the basic elements? Is there some kind of theme or something, anything? I can't help but think of Brokeback Mountain with those naked men on the horses.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Today's Travel with My Friend was the best if you just watch the first 10 minutes. Just Ollie because Fanny most likely slept in even though she claimed she was busy editing. I think you'll agree "Travels without my friend" might be a more successful channel. He made Verona look like a great little city to visit, well done Ollie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I left a comment on Chateau de la Ferte's comment section telling them how much I loved the work they have done on their chateau and how sad I was that they were selling ....also hoped it was not due to illness on anyone's part....and Carol did " a Fanny Snort"!!!!! Comment deleted!!! Guess they don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Ugly, uglier, ugliest! I hate this room. It's depressing. The only room I like of theirs is the one that the Green Man advised them. I hope they follow his advice. Steve really has bad taste. 👎 Those paintings need to be on white or some other neutral solid colored walls. The upholstery on that settee and chairs is so granny and fights claws and teeth with the wallpaper. I find it so hard to believe that he has any kind of art training. Did he miss the classes on the basic elements? Is there some kind of theme or something, anything? I can't help but think of Brokeback Mountain with those naked men on the horses.
Isn't the painting on the left a woman on the horse?

Everything in that room seems to be fighting - the wallpaper, the color of the wainscoting, the carpet on the stairs. It's just a big hot mess. And those paintings really look like crap there.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Someone recommended The Hidden House Ireland which I binge watched to catch up.. omg those poor people, it's gone from lousy to dire! House is on swamp land, car in garage, no food left... dog keeps bleeping off... She's got a permanent smile on though...
That was me. They certainly have a tough slog at the moment. Hopefully it will get better for them. I like their plans for the extension although I think it will be some time before they get to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I left a comment on Chateau de la Ferte's comment section telling them how much I loved the work they have done on their chateau and how sad I was that they were selling ....also hoped it was not due to illness on anyone's part....and Carol did " a Fanny Snort"!!!!! Comment deleted!!! Guess they don't want to let the cat out of the bag.
My comment yesterday was also deleted-

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
How rude! Why didn't they just ignore it or turn off comments? Don't go public if you can't handle the heat. 👎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
That was me. They certainly have a tough slog at the moment. Hopefully it will get better for them. I like their plans for the extension although I think it will be some time before they get to that.
That poor boy, if you ever want your kids to leave home, move to a derelict cottage in the middle of nowhere in Ireland! 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
FRK is being her weird self again on IG. "Sometimes we just need to relax and enjoy life." Well, she seems pretty relaxed but not enjoying life. Talk about low energy. If she goes any slower she'll stop altogether. How many times can one person arrange cosmos in a glass container and not die from boredom? Shouldn't she be gearing up for her workshops? Why isn't she promoting them on her IG account every chance she gets? Take a card from Jamie Beck's deck and promote, promote, promote! Sell, sell, sell! Probably too capitalistic for Marie's sensitivities, money should just appear magically.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
@HalcyonOrganic ..."Wait, you’re in Oregon? Do you know who else is from there?" Speaking about Portland, Oregon....I'm down the coast from there and may soon be moving there.....My oldest daughter lives there, also.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No, Patreon numbers cannot be manually changed. Billy only has 227 patrons, probably most of them the lowest level. $2000 is accurate.
I'm Canadian $.. he's at $1970/mth.. jeez I bet he never expected that... no wonder his anxiety over bills is spiking! He goes out and spends thousands on the regular... and nobody lives there atm to contribute... Fanny makes it look easy.

Reactions: 9
I feel dizzy watching as she pans too fast.
They have a lot of bureaucracy to deal with, they may be turned down for planning permission, they are difficult and time it can be 8 weeks and if Ireland is their permanent residence the car must be registered here within a specific time. That location in a wet and wild winter won't be anything like her kids book.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Here's my reply to HalyconOrganic's question from the last thread: "Wait, you’re in Oregon? Do you know who else is from there?"
Yes, about 4.26 million other people. I know about 6 of them. And no, not the one you're thinking of. 🤣
… so you are Beeeecckkyyyyy‘s cousin? that counts too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
That's another possible place we'll move to. The daughter that I live with is putting her resume' out in many possible places. We've lived on the Oregon coast for years (me, off and on for well over 50 years) and would like to stay here in the state.
We are about 10 miles east of Salem. We love it here, and we have friends that have a house on the coast in Newport which we visit several times a year. We love it here!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.