The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the title you guys! @ComtesseRose I was going to say you are peach but then thought about all the peaches in the last thread instead you are the bomb!
Firstly I’m shocked that she was saying Aubusson! Secondly she possesses many cleaning aids that were mentioned such as carpet steam cleaner. The trouble is someone has to use it. Much easier to have a robot doing it. Thirdly we have to remember who opens the boxes! Natty must not know how to break down a box! I seriously think she is the princess! She does squat!
[/QUOTE]
She wasn't saying Aubusson! She was definitely saying Audubon, which is the name of the Tiffany pattern of both her china pattern and the sterling flatware she showed a picture of. I have a few serving pieces in this pattern, which I won at an auction at a fire hall in the late 1980's, bidding on a box of silverplate flatware I truly wanted - I got the box for $20 and was amazed to find the three or four serving pieces of this Tiffany pattern at the bottom of the box! Mine is the older version, from the late 1800's, when the pattern was called "Japanese"...it was discontinued, but then came back in production sometime in the 1950's and was renamed "Audubon" (and Mr. Audubon had nothing to do with making of the pattern, either!). I've often wondered if that flatware will magically show up on her table at some point, due to their love of auctions. Tiffany also makes crystal stemware in this pattern.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She wasn't saying Aubusson! She was definitely saying Audubon, which is the name of the Tiffany pattern of both her china pattern and the sterling flatware she showed a picture of. I have a few serving pieces in this pattern, which I won at an auction at a fire hall in the late 1980's, bidding on a box of silverplate flatware I truly wanted - I got the box for $20 and was amazed to find the three or four serving pieces of this Tiffany pattern at the bottom of the box! Mine is the older version, from the late 1800's, when the pattern was called "Japanese"...it was discontinued, but then came back in production sometime in the 1950's and was renamed "Audubon" (and Mr. Audubon had nothing to with making of the pattern, either!). I've often wondered if that flatware will magically show up on her table at some point, due to their love of auctions. Tiffany also makes crystal stemware in this pattern.
100% that flatware will find it’s way to Lalande. Stephanie was asking for it. She knows how to work the grannies and super fans.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m really anti bleach in household cleaning - it’s bad for pets and goes into the drinking water system. However, in this circumstance the whole HMN needs a thick coating of bleach floor to ceiling to remove the years of grime build up. I dread to think about the state of the toilets. Can I make a confession without judgement? - yeah right this is Tattle Towers - my family, and consequently me, are not a shoes off at the front door policy people. I’m lucky enough to have a fabulous cleaner in every weekday plus I have two dogs so I can’t ask people to take their shoes off when my girls have been pounding the pavements with their paws. Besides, I can’t be dealing with people’s bare feet or socks with holes etc. Keep your shoes on and spare us both the embarrassment - there’s only so long I can withhold a grimace. Come to think of it, when I’m going on hookups or dates I always make sure I have got a nice pair of socks on plus underwear. I once had a moment with a guy who used to run his feet up and down my legs in bed and it instilled terror in me as I could feel his untrimmed toenails catching my leg hair - great face, terrible feet - it was never going to last long. Maybe I’ve got a feet issues?
Thank you @Dragomiroff for mentioning your shoes on situation. I was feeling embarrassed and keeping shtum about wearing shoes in the house. We also are not a shoes off at the front door household. I too absolutely do not want to see other people's ragged socks and disgusting toes and/or toenails 🤮 We have solid tiled floors all round, easily swabbed and cleaned. Your reminiscence with your toenail guy sent my into a vomiting shudder 🤢 I'd have run a mile. And I hate my own feet being messed about with and just kick out. Don't use bleach for the same reason and also can't stand the smell of it. Though fanny and her tit'o could indeed do with a good soaking in it. Growing up my mother bleached everything from the dish cloth to the teapot and everything in between. No care for the fact that it in went into the general water course and ended up as recycled drinking water. Living with a fully functioning and healthy fosse sceptique one becomes fully aware of what is and isn't good!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was watching this video of The Queen's Escape where they visited two Americans who are renovating a castle to put it to work as BnB business. Notice how you guys have planned and well equipped your laundry compared to Fanny's dump. Are you 17 living in that place, there a BnB works, you are not ashamed to show the deplorable state of your laundry? That speaks a lot about you as a human being. SJ you are disgusting

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Who needs a trip to Little Greene in London when you can shop online. Here are some wallpaper samples for Squirrel Boy's Study Bedroom. So many choices - who knew??? A number have matching fabrics - paaarfact! What's your preference?

1. Kurre Pink Woodland Squirrel Wallpaper
View attachment 2133565

2. Pink Squirrels - Seamless
View attachment 2133567

3. Squirrel Mountain
View attachment 2133572

4. Squirrel and Dove LINEN/IVORY - Sanderson
View attachment 2133584

5. Squirrel and Dove Teal/Red - Sanderson
View attachment 2133585

6. ARTHOUSE Ashdown Pheasant Squirrel Wallpaper Sage Green
View attachment 2133586

7. Autumnal Squirrel
View attachment 2133587

8. Oak Tree Tails - Washed Demin
View attachment 2133592

9. SQUIRREL & SUNFLOWER, Angus Red
View attachment 2133649

10. High Victorian Gothic - Melbury Squirrel Frieze
View attachment 2133598

11. The Secret Squirrel
View attachment 2133654

12. Retro Forest Animals
View attachment 2133663

13. Yellow Squirrel Wallpaper - Picuki
View attachment 2133679

14. Australia Borastapeter- Charlie (White) Removable
View attachment 2133688

15. Graham & Brown - Woodland Animals
View attachment 2133690

16. Spoonflower - Squirrel (with matching fabric)
View attachment 2133696
Giving MP so many new ideas for projects he can trace....I mean “draw” here!!! And sell on his site! Parrrfect!!! He can branch out from bunnies to squirrels!!!
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Well, if it's for what's-his-face phyll-arse then it certainly has to be door no. 7 Autumnal Squirrel. Phyll-arse does lurve his Autumnal colours 🤮
I actually don't mind #6 - Ashdown Pheasant Squirrel Green Sage, but I have bad visions of Fanny next wanting to wallpaper her back passage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m really anti bleach in household cleaning - it’s bad for pets and goes into the drinking water system. However, in this circumstance the whole HMN needs a thick coating of bleach floor to ceiling to remove the years of grime build up. I dread to think about the state of the toilets. Can I make a confession without judgement? - yeah right this is Tattle Towers - my family, and consequently me, are not a shoes off at the front door policy people. I’m lucky enough to have a fabulous cleaner in every weekday plus I have two dogs so I can’t ask people to take their shoes off when my girls have been pounding the pavements with their paws. Besides, I can’t be dealing with people’s bare feet or socks with holes etc. Keep your shoes on and spare us both the embarrassment - there’s only so long I can withhold a grimace. Come to think of it, when I’m going on hookups or dates I always make sure I have got a nice pair of socks on plus underwear. I once had a moment with a guy who used to run his feet up and down my legs in bed and it instilled terror in me as I could feel his untrimmed toenails catching my leg hair - great face, terrible feet - it was never going to last long. Maybe I’ve got a feet issues?
I was a barefoot kid as often as possible. As an adult I’m only barefoot now in my own shower. When I walk in the door my shoes come off and the slippers go on. Those slippers never leave the house. I have slip on mocassins if I’m going to run out for the mail or hang out on the patio. Because of my professional field my work boots don’t stay on my feet for anything but work. I switch out whatever footwear I have on for the boots. Those boots live in a Rubbermaid case in the cargo hatch and are regular cleaned of any nasties outside of my home. I’m around too many harzardous materials to take risks. A good mudroom (boot room for the UK tattlers) is a must for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
100% that flatware will find it’s way to Lalande. Stephanie was asking for it. She knows how to work the grannies and super fans.
Same story with those Christmas plates she filmed at the brocante; telling viewers she collected them, but didn't buy those on the stall, as they were too expensive.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
...because Mummy needed a fruit bowl, all these years of living and she's never bought a fruit bowl she liked.... 🤦‍♀️
---

When you take away the plate-filling leaf, flower and inedible carrot ends, that's a very sparse plate... Maria's cooking is very whimsy... the silly pastry shovel and awful amount of twisted pastry on her baskets the other night... bit of meat and carrots?
half a duck breast per person and the pud was style over substance and definitely needed cream or something it all looked so dry

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Love the title you guys! @ComtesseRose I was going to say you are peach but then thought about all the peaches in the last thread instead you are the bomb!
Firstly I’m shocked that she was saying Aubusson! Secondly she possesses many cleaning aids that were mentioned such as carpet steam cleaner. The trouble is someone has to use it. Much easier to have a robot doing it. Thirdly we have to remember who opens the boxes! Natty must not know how to break down a box! I seriously think she is the princess! She does squat!
She wasn't saying Aubusson! She was definitely saying Audubon, which is the name of the Tiffany pattern of both her china pattern and the sterling flatware she showed a picture of. I have a few serving pieces in this pattern, which I won at an auction at a fire hall in the late 1980's, bidding on a box of silverplate flatware I truly wanted - I got the box for $20 and was amazed to find the three or four serving pieces of this Tiffany pattern at the bottom of the box! Mine is the older version, from the late 1800's, when the pattern was called "Japanese"...it was discontinued, but then came back in production sometime in the 1950's and was renamed "Audubon" (and Mr. Audubon had nothing to do with making of the pattern, either!). I've often wondered if that flatware will magically show up on her table at some point, due to their love of auctions. Tiffany also makes crystal stemware in this pattern.
[/QUOTE]
Foolish Fanny, John James Audubon waa an outstanding artist and questionable naturalist but he was NEVER a home goods designer. What a knob!🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 19
They all looked very uncomfortable when she came in with her camera when they were trying to enjoy breakfast... to be honest, that was a measly breakfast, bit of sliced ham from the grocery store, hard boiled eggs and an armload of dough...
I have stayed at many B&Bs and most often had scrumptious breakfasts. Homemade breakfast casseroles, homemade muffins and sweet breads, crispy bacon and sausage....once crepes! Fresh fruit cups with yogurt... Coffee, juices.... Mini individual egg souffles.
Not a hard boiled egg and packaged cold ham slices. No urine in a tureen. I would be hoarding the bakery goods except for knowing they were rolling around loose in a filthy car. No thanks, ma'am! I will pass.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
...because Mummy needed a fruit bowl, all these years of living and she's never bought a fruit bowl she liked.... 🤦‍♀️
---

When you take away the plate-filling leaf, flower and inedible carrot ends, that's a very sparse plate... Maria's cooking is very whimsy... the silly pastry shovel and awful amount of twisted pastry on her baskets the other night... bit of meat and carrots?
Fanny probably has Marie on quite a tight food budget and she's doing the best she can with the resources she's allowed.
Cecil knew what he was doing when he walked away from the shitoo last Spring. Marie, you are selling yourself short staying at the shitoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you, as always, to our amazing @ComtesseRose for the fresh new thread (straight from the cleaner in a plastic bag!) ♥ 😘 Congrats @Patriciarella and @MRShavershamsdress for the epic new thread title. And a special congratulations to @Dragomiroff for the #1 post! @MojoDublin is away on the jet, so I'll be serving drinks in the VIP lounge tonight in your honor!
Kind of you to say, but that title is really all @Patriciarella, I only suggested adding the accounts.🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My pet leave is long nails on guys. The thought hurts me. Lincoln on "Our French Chateau" was rewiring some light fixtures the other day and his nails needed cut very bad!y!!!! IMO. And I love that vlog! But those nails creep me out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What was that thing that looked like a potato for desert? Was it icecream with a dried apricot?
Just looked up the recipe you make a sponge and then make the sponge into crumbs and add condensed milk and a few other things definitely needs raspberry coulis and cream and that stupid shovel totally not worth eating

Reactions: 16
Waddup, Yentas! Someone tell me why Julie Montague's face is on a Bud Light can. :ROFLMAO: ✌

cd927.png

Is SJ going to sack Marie Poppins with the advent of her new robot? It appears Marie Poppins doesn't do a good job!
I agree with PhiPhi about how disgusting that dirty water was!
I do wonder what the rules are in France about kitchen workers and food handling in B&Bs because Lalande's kitchen must be equally disgusting!

cd928.png

cd929.png

Meanwhile, greetings from Zermatt.
It's my first time visiting in the spring, and it's stunningly gorgeous!

matterhorn1.jpg

matterhorn2.jpg

matterhorn3.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.