The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His is identical to the one you posted. I’m very much aware of the symbolism of blackamoors and racism. I should have been more clear in that I don’t see that figurine as a blackamoor. It looks exactly as the Bahamian police force. And believe me, I’ve seen shocking racism within many racial communities. I’ve even had some disgusting remarks made as to why I chose to date him.

View attachment 2142059
Stephanie’s statue had the lips deliberately oversized and painted bright red, and the face where only the eyes were visible. I’m obviously not an expert in this field, but I wouldn’t find a statue of the Bahamian police force offensive. I would find it offensive if it was created to exaggerate facial features of black people, like the one that Stephanie has.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
SJ looks so completely out of place in the countryside. The lovely green and blue background of the bluebell woods is then hidden by a bright gaudy dress on an over made-up, bleached and gaudy blonde Barbie doll. Don't get me wrong, I love colour and I sometimes wear make-up but I would not dress like that to go for a walk in the woods and she certainly clashes with the natural surroundings. Everything about her is too loud: her voice; her shrieking laughter; her clothes, and her face. Her professed love of nature, animals, and the countryside is completely fake. They just provide a bit of content for the vlogs. Actually, it's not just those subjects, it's also art, books, and people, she doesn't really have any deep interest in, or love for anything at all, other than Stephanie Jarvis who is the real love of her life. The sad gift givers, who have nothing better to do with their time and money, just need to keep sending her dresses and large mirrors so she can waft around as if in a sanctuary, admiring and worshipping herself. If she ever gets the chapel done, she could re-dedicate it as a shrine for worshipping Saint Stephanie, such a great benefactor who helped so many at the start of their careers!
🧵 Suggestion - Stephanie Jarvis' one and only true love is herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Stephanie’s statue had the lips deliberately oversized and painted bright red, and the face where only the eyes were visible. I’m obviously not an expert in this field, but I wouldn’t find a statue of the Bahamian police force offensive. I would find it offensive if it was created to exaggerate facial features of black people, like the one that Stephanie has.
Now that would indeed be offensive no matter the reason for it’s existence. Many years ago I knew an antique dealer who collected black Americana. While I’m old enough to have remembered seeing plenty of these items in original use, mostly advertising, it never ceased to astound me that someone would collect it and not see it as unacceptable.

• Heart
Nobody asked but I don't think we will ever see her there again. She had them running like headless chickens, her ideas were terrible (who would pose in their nightgown in a picture designed to draw the attention to the furniture), they had to put up with Philip all day, and they didn't even finish the job. The idea when undertaking a commission like this is to minimise the work involved for the sponsors, not agrievate them and cause them more work than is reasonable.
When you are very, very, very good at your job being a bit of a diva is allowed.
When you suck at your job there is no room for divatude

• Heart
Reactions: 23
View attachment 2141877
Elizabeth Kinsey
3 minutes ago
As so many others have noted, it’s simply astonishing that you have absolutely no shame promoting the sending of gifts—-and would have to agree that most of the overly fawning comments are not legitimate, especially those regarding Phil…
Oh dear KiKi, I responded to Ms. Kinsey’s comment and Fanny’s sycophants didn’t like me referring to her as Dear Leader. Now the comments are gone or I’ve been blocked…or both. I think I’ll go off to the corner and cry…do we get a badge or something for being blocked?!? Maybe something inspired by Blue Peter?🤪😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh my gosh, @MRShavershamsdress … I think we might be talking about two completely different statues. I just did a Google search of these statues for Bahamian guards, and you are correct. There are a lot of them that look exactly the same but do not have the black face exaggeration on it like the one that Stephanie owns. They just look like Bahamian guards. No big deal and nothing offensive. (2nd picture)

I think what I spotted was actually a very old bottle of Nassau Royals Liqueur. It makes sense now that it was sitting with a bunch of other bottles of alcohol (duh). I still think the one she has is offensive, and I am assuming it’s very old. (I agree, I don’t know why people keep this old stuff and think it’s ok just because it’s old). This is the image I found of some recent bottles of this liqueur. (1st picture)

pic of Steph’s included just for comparison but I think it is actually a bottle of liqueur. And it was probably her parents’ bottle since I can’t find picture of it anywhere and seems to be from the 50’s from any comparable pics I found.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh my gosh, @MRShavershamsdress … I think we might be talking about two completely different statues. I just did a Google search of these statues for Bahamian guards, and you are correct. There are a lot of them that look exactly the same but do not have the black face exaggeration on it like the one that Stephanie owns. They just look like Bahamian guards. No big deal and nothing offensive. (2nd picture)

I think what I spotted was actually a very old bottle of Nassau Royals Liqueur. It makes sense now that it was sitting with a bunch of other bottles of alcohol (duh). I still think the one she has is offensive, and I am assuming it’s very old. (I agree, I don’t know why people keep this old stuff and think it’s ok just because it’s old). This is the image I found of some recent bottles of this liqueur. (1st picture)

pic of Steph’s included just for comparison but I think it is actually a bottle of liqueur. And it was probably her parents’ bottle since I can’t find picture of it anywhere and seems to be from the 50’s from any comparable pics I found.
That is exactly what we are seeing sitting there, a very old figural bottle of Nassau Royal rum. Just a cursory search on the web shows that bottle, another in white face and a black female figural bottle that is equally offensive. Fanny definitely wouldn’t be able to understand what is wrong with it. Betcha it was daddy dearests.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Who are they odd people who keep making return visits to the shitoo? Simone and Roger - explain yourselves?

Why is this woman taking a picture of her mini cod piece? That pic isn't going to impress anyone and DON'T bring your phone to the dinner table - where are your manners?!?!
I'm beginning to think I could spot a Fanny Fan a mile off... they have a certain look about them don't they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
What's happened to the gay couple who ate a lot with the dogs - they are MIA?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Wine is grape and I don't think any has wheat. rye or barley. I now await correction. Maybe there is a barley wine - fermented barley?
'All wine, spirits and liqueurs are gluten free because of the way they're made and, according to Coeliac UK, can be included in a gluten free diet1. With spirits, the distillation process removes any trace of gluten, even if it includes an ingredient like barley.' ❤

Reactions: 18
Cathy B
6 minutes ago
In the beginning, chateau unwrapped used to have a crowd of people, all the volunteers, friends, Mummy, Marie, David, Hanni, a cast of thousands with a real party atmosphere. What's happened, where has everybody gone?

Look like PhiPhi got his fresh supply of shoe polish for his head pubes from Amazon this week!
View attachment 2141826
So he dresses up to open freebies but not for paying guests?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Wine is grape and I don't think any has wheat. rye or barley. I now await correction. Maybe there is a barley wine - fermented barley?
I was surprised to see a gluten free section in my wine merchants. This is what the interweebs have to say.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
michael posted a vlog today about his new cottage garden, i have to say its about 100 times better than that mud pit behind the chapel

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
As read in the comments "most of these are hideous"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.