The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And as been pointed out before, Fanny dances to Tattle’s tune!
As soon as she starts with "I have just woken up and .." (almost every blog starts like that) and manically shreiks while everybody else is working for her gain, I could slap her into next week. And as for the two of them lying on the blanket and he declared his love for her (notice she didn't reply!), pass the sick bucket. Yes, she agrees that, as Tattle pointed out, one of the very few things she has done (but many years ago), was to make curtains but surely "100" is a bit of a hyperbole! PJ is gaining weight, it shows on his chubby little round face and it makes him look like a little eight year old!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
As soon as she starts with "I have just woken up and .." (almost every blog starts like that) and manically shreiks while everybody else is working for her gain, I could slap her into next week. And as for the two of them lying on the blanket and he declared his love for her (notice she didn't reply!), pass the sick bucket. Yes, she agrees that, as Tattle pointed out, one of the very few things she has done (but many years ago), was to make curtains but surely "100" is a bit of a hyperbole! PJ is gaining weight, it shows on his chubby little round face and it makes him look like a little eight year old!
Weight gain from pain du chocolat & alcohol 100%

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The stopped running the B&B so they could grift and travel, grift and travel.

View attachment 2139318
Come on, they visited family during easter holidays. That's OK imho, especially since they made a video and even sacrificed the privacy of Anna's parents, their wedding and as usually their kids'. To afford to travel back they might even show the indoors of her parents house.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Every single task they do is left unfinished. There is always a big fuss about what they are doing and how long it takes them and it's always urgent but absolutely nothing is finished at the time. It's like the downstairs loo. After the wallpaper was up, there were stil several things that needed doing. In fact, I don't think we ever saw whether they actually finished it in the end. The pink wallpapered bathroom is another one, was that ever finished? Now, it's the bathroom with the bluebell paper, she listed lots of things that still need doing. She said they will be up there to do them as soon as the guests have left, but don't hold your breath! The most important thing to Fanny is the wallpaper; let everything else wait for hell to freeze over.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I find myself now feeling a tad embarrassed that I was so enchanted by episode when SJ and Petherick had a picnic in the drained lake or woods with homemade quiche and an improvised knife (I blame the emotional effects of being in Covid Lockdown). No comparison to Snorty and SJ in the bluebells. :oops: :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
All I've managed to find is that it's from Bordeaux.
Interesting that it doesn’t appear to be connected to the Chateau LaLande winery. Which also isn’t connected to Fanny. Like you, I’ve found plenty about the de LaLande varietals, but not the winery from which they originate. There are websites that claim there’s a Veuve de LaLande winery in Bordeaux but with no actual evidence beyond bottles for sale.

Reactions: 15
I am pretty unphased when it comes to what any of these chateau people put in their vlogs, but today I watched something that really kind of disgusted me.

I watched this. I have half a headache, so when I saw the thumbnail, I thought she was holding a tissue up to her nose, I guess I thought something more had happened with her dog and she was crying or something. I use the word "poopy" pretty often, instead of saying "sh*tty", so it didn't occur to meet that, lit'rally, she had a poopy week.
View attachment 2139150

She goes through the last few days of her stay in France, before she returns to the US for her VISA appointment and I kept thinking to myself "I don't see anything that bad that's happened here". Then, on her last day, she's doing laundry, walks in her laundry room and sees poop all over the place. I thought, "Eeeww....guess her dog had an accident" or some sort of wild animals got in there and pooped all over the place. Nope. One of her sewer line caps exploded off the pipe and it was HER poop all over the floor. And I mean ALL OVER THE FLOOR (and not just poop, I'm pretty sure).

Did viewers need to see that? I'll spare you the picture. I know a lot of you don't like her, and I agree she's a bit much with her speech pattern and her sometimes very boring content, but she's American, she has a personal story that makes me want her to succeed here and find joy (husband was a firefighter and was killed in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, for those who don't know) and I think she works fairly hard.

But this was just a little too much.........
Yes! Her filming the aftermath of the "explosion" was absolutely gross! TMI. And then she had to show everyone the part of the sewer that blew off with her bare hand. As I always say, "Ugh!"
---
Puke alert…..lovers in the woods🤪🤢
Yep this was as gross as the chateau, big glasses broad showing us her poop all over the basement.
Maybe more so!😳😳😳😵😵😵

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Those eggs will never hatch outside of an incubator...
I guess they will completely forget about them or leave it till it's too late. I'd be furious if I were Kirsty when she tried to help so much. It's a wonder to me that any of the staff stay there. F and S must drive them crazy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Agree….. and the huts near me a few days ago…..
thumbnail.jpg

Beach huts at Brighton beach in Melbourne are expensive too. They were selling for about $350,000AUD a few years ago, not sure what they go for now. This is one of my photos of when I visited on a cold winters day.

• Wow
  • Heart
So odd that they would carry glasses of wine instead of bringing a bottle and packing a little picnic basket I’m sure they’ve been send dozens of cute picnic paraphernalia what a pair of twats…and pizza again
They knew they was getting nuttin' at sup, sup, supper time....just that little ol' goldfish and a partridge in a PEAR tree with lavender and flowers.
( pie for me, please) ! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve been thinking about all of those curtains she made. I’m so sorry but I don’t remember who posted that they thought her parents furnished the chateau when I was lamenting her Frankenstein/china hutch cabinets. I think this is true. Those nasty broken down old couches that used to be in the grand salon…all of the older dated furniture from the 70’s and 80’s. The light fixtures in that bathroom they are wallpapering. She actually said the sconces and the chandelier in there used to be in her parent’s house, and warned Philip not to say anything bad about them because they were in IJ’s old house. I think maybe the deal was they would bring all of the old crappy furniture, plus the 100 old bed frames that they have stashed in the attic (creepy! They look like they’re from an insane asylum!), and Stephanie “contributed” to furnishing the chateau by making curtains for all of the rooms from her hoard of fabrics that she admitted that she had been collecting for years. Those horrible dining room chairs they use are definitely from the 70’s with the harvest gold and avocado green fabric on them. All of the other furnishings are weird stories that “Daddy bought me this antique bedroom suite for my 18th birthday!”. That is not a normal thing to buy your kid who is going off to college.

Also, that mattress in the bedroom they are working on looks as comfortable as a bag of concrete. No box springs, no pillow top. They showed the bare mattress and it looks like it’s from the 70’s also. I don’t think you can even buy mattresses that sparse looking anymore. There is nothing worse than paying to stay somewhere and the bed is uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you would like hair in your food and cracks in your wallpaper Lalande is the chateau for you .
Hopefully sulky beanie boy is not in the bedroom when you arrive.

ps why is the interior designer putting paintings on every radiator. Idiot
Why can they not find more attractive kettles to put in the guest rooms?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thinking I definitely would not want to eat at LaLande, even ignoring the €50 price tag. While I respect allergies and diets - like I am suppose to be low carb - but hell no while on vacation in France give me all the rich goodness of French butter, fresh eggs, chocolate, cream whatever. You stay there and you are stuck with everyone weird ass food requests. What a rip-off.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I sympathize with you. When I get shingles, they always occur on my face in front of my left ear. I've had them many times since I was 18 (now in my 60s). They burn all the way down my neck (they "live" in the nerve) so it feels like a knife stabbing, to those who've never had them. When they first come on, it feels like you have the flu on top of it. I'm sorry you're going through it. When I start feeling the burning and tingling in "the spot," I begin taking Acyclovir to reduce the severity. It usually helps but you have to take it right away--right when you start feeling it--even if there aren't any blisters yet (maybe just a puffy little red spot...), otherwise, it does nothing. I hope you feel better soon.
I feel very lucky that when I get shingles it is only on my right thigh. My husband is retired now and when he went to the Dr's they gave him a free (because of his age) shingles vaccine. I'd recommend that to anyone who can get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Watching Tim and Felicity's latest from Chateau Purnon . . . this highlights what clowns Stephanie and Philip really are.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I know there's been a looong- is she/isn't she around Clara B... But tbh I can't see any real reason why she'd go AWOL 🤔
If Stephenme has rumbled her, then surely based on ALL the info Clara has 'spilled' their association would have ended- therefore come here and spill the real beans. If she's still not been found out, why the radio silence 🤔🤔🤔 all very puzzling. Hoping where ever Clara B and the missing Compt are, they are ok.. big characters to just puffft! Disappear 🤷
It’s likely a family related absence

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.