The Chateau Diaries #235 If she blinks at 100 miles per hour, it's because she can't hide her lying eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t care about Dan the gardener’s kids or Stephanie’s scraggly flowers.❤

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
For chuckles or satisfaction enjoy Brenda's fb lalande page, lots of negative gift grab comments left up without edting. My favorite are those complaining about Snorts voiceover interruptions.

"The amount of snorting and talking from behind the camera makes it a no from me!"
i bet she's busy right now with other things. she wil tackle this job in the evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Chateau De Montmagner is getting interesting if anyone's looking for something where work's getting done ;) I know some don't like them but my word they work hard... and I don't believe she f'ks the volunteers which is refreshing...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I understand completely ........ I am Still waiting for Karma to get her and yet it just keeps rolling along for her !! :cautious:
To be fair, Karma just got out of the hospital and is doing the best she can. Getting a little stronger everyday. I can’t wait for tonight’s Patreon video upload, I hope she’s feeling up to it.❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm so inconsequential, I have never been accused of being ANYone ! But, all is not lost - we are not completely ineffectual here. Just revisit, if you can muster the distaste, an early vlog of the newly hired Videographer extraordinaire and count the truly stentorian snorts assailing us. They have stopped. (phiphi, if you read here, as we know you do, please give us 4 - one for each flue, - snorty blasts, next grift grab). Congratulations tattlers.
Ok because I am evil and such today:

I accuse you of being.. that whatshername travel blogger who lost all her footage she took at lalande. What was her name? Candy? The young Asian woman.

Anyway, welcome back to the family.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Annalise's hairdressing qualifications are from the UK. Therefore she is unable to trade in her own name and with her own licence unless -

At the very least she gets her qualifications fully translated by a chamber of commerce official translator at her cost.

More likely - she would have to take her qualifications in France in French, and certainly a competence qualification.

I doubt very much she was registered as a hairdresser and was therefore working on the black. An extremely careless thing to do considering fanny was always filming (and that Dana, allegedly one of Dan's amours, works for the pôle d'emploi). I also have no doubt that all of her hairdressing clients are British. If she ever received a cheque in payment it would have gone through Dan's registered business. Easily explained. But now that she and Dan are separated that becomes tricky.

If she wanted to work as a hairdresser she would possibly be able to get part time work or cover work (maternity etc.,) or summer seasonal work in an already established salon. However, my hairdresser would not employ someone on these terms. He has rented a "seat" to a fellow hairdresser but that person was a fully qualified French hairdresser.

Regarding her working in the school - again I doubt that she was a classroom assistant. And again qualifications are required and, obviously, when dealing with children very strict and adhered to. She was probably playtime cover in the maternal section of the school while her two boys were there. She also got to go along as a parent helper on any school trips. Possibly because her boys language skills were not too good at the time and the school may have been concerned that things may get lost in translation. I doubt that it was a paid position, more likely voluntary. I did the same when my son was in maternal (the teachers admitted later that they were concerned with a language problem but there certainly never was one). I also used to get invited in to talk in English and about all things British to the kids in CE1 & CE2 and CM1 & CM2. But I could not teach English as I had no formal French qualification.

The tourist season is now getting underway in France, Easter and the vacances scolaire de printemps are the trigger. Therefore all the seasonal restaurants and businesses are opening up. This is easy work for foreigners (non French). Brits do a lot of waiting tables in the season - no qualifications required, probably no official contract and cash in hand.

Welcome to the black economy without which the French economy would collapse!
Annalise has an Instagram account in which she, herself, publicizes her hair business! Her last post was on April 11th. She doesn't seem to post regularly there, like she does with her main account.

1682533165807.png

Reactions: 19
Ok because I am evil and such today:

I accuse you of being.. that whatshername travel blogger who lost all her footage she took at lalande. What was her name? Candy? The young Asian woman.

Anyway, welcome back to the family.
Jewelyn.
I bought this starflower butthole resin art from her Etsy shop.
1682533313715.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Absolutely! Vent your disgust and views on the vloggers but why turn on each other? It happens with every new, or irregular, poster. I'm clearly not thick skinned enough.
Bit of a broad statement.. We don't as a rule. If someone does have a spat, meh, bad day. whatever. I feel you're derailing here. Not every group is for every person.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tally Ho Tattlers !! Don't let chateau ennui detract from fraudie fanny's flagrant fakery. Imagine how delighted F4F would be if we trailed off into the sunset. Of course the 15 of you are exhausted after 235 threads, i haven't posted since Sept when Hurricane Ian blasted through Sanibel island and wrecked my, and many others' homes and gardens. But, I've enjoyed the humour here and sincerely hope it continues. 😘
Hello old friend @Balmoral! I hope you were able to get somewhat back to normal! (We are 95% complete here- just waiting on our pool cage...)

Anyone interested in a SWFL Tattle meetup?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I do not wish him harm but he is clearly at risk every day. However, I am still a cynic enough to see the future since he's learned at the knees of his Chatelaine. Perhaps a minor injury could be embellished as major one to generate a Benoit size Go Fund Me !
I just don't understand where Dan's money is coming from. His YouTube revenue isn't nearly enough to be his main income, and to fund renovation which I believe to be about 5 million or thereabouts.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@HalcyonOrganic ! You've tumbled my identity ! (well, in fact you didn't - you called me "Candy" !! - thank goodness for @Le Baiseur's younger memory - he of the blue nail polish ! perhaps HE is phiphi !) Jewelyn is flattering indeed: a go-go-getter, a few decades younger than I. ATM (not the money shop), I am only 75 minutes drive from you @HalcyonOrganic, not that i am a stalker or anything interesting. You, my dear, are one of my favourites here but i have so many.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Here's my prediction... Amaury is going to work for the other Amaury at their beautiful chateau, why else would they have come to Fanny's? It makes no sense whatsoever, they work so hard, that was no break for them, especially the wife, watching the kids all the time in an place not designed with kids in mind. And a dinner with both Amaury's on their most engaging behaviour....
I don't have a comment about Amaury working with Amaury from Ten Berghe, but I do know that kitchen/pianist Maria is very close with Amaury from Ten Berghe and his family. She has visited them often and worked there (as a volunteer perhaps?) as far back as 2019, so I really didn't find it hard to believe that Amaury and his family were there. Stephanie also toured his chateau and I guess extended an invitation that he took her up on, and they could spend time with Maria, too. I have seen them comment on each other's Instagram pages and they seem quite fond of each other.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I don’t care about Dan the gardener’s kids or Stephanie’s scraggly flowers.❤
The next time I go outside, I’ll take a picture of my scraggly flowers just for you. 😘 The only reason I have half a bed of scraggly irises (I think that’s what they are - I’ll post a picture when they bloom so one of our master gardeners here can tell me), and then half a bed of scraggly tulips is because the people we bought our house from 21 years ago planted them. It started out as a full bed that runs along the side of my house. However, it had weeds growing so bad that we hired a guy and he pulled out half of the good flowers along with the weeds. To be fair to him, he didn’t speak English and we didn’t speak Spanish, and there was basically a weed that had grown into a small tree that he had to dig up. So, I’ve had straggly flowers now for 20 years. They make me happy because I do not garden and when they pop up every year, it’s a surprise! They have survived on their own without me doing one thing to them for 20 years. So, not really necessary to employ 4 gardeners for successful tulip growth.

Seriously, though…her monetizing a crying kid made me so mad I haven’t even been able to get a coherent thought together about it. The things she leaves in her videos blows my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just don't understand where Dan's money is coming from. His YouTube revenue isn't nearly enough to be his main income, and to fund renovation which I believe to be about 5 million or thereabouts.
His Patreon is up there now, might even be $10K/mth

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Termino venezolana para definir a mujer que le niega un tulipán a un tierno niño: LAMBUCIA!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone interested in a SWFL Tattle meetup?
wouldn't that be fun? I know you have encountered @mrsp67 - and you are only 'down the road' - who else is geographically available? Obviously, the plucky (thank you again for my tile) @Jules100 🧡, I'm only a winter dweller in SWFL, right now, i'm stalking @HalcyonOrganic - wondering just why he is so Organic?

PS Rexy, I was rather envious to read how your insurance has been so accommodating - the islanders are having problems with wind vs flood vs BS and not receiving satisfaction in reimbursements. Cars? yes. Homes - mais non. (go fund us ? 😁)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.