The Chateau Diaries #235 If she blinks at 100 miles per hour, it's because she can't hide her lying eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On another note, have we heard or seen anything of … Jared‘s husband since that Easter party?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I don't post for ages, because every time a long time non poster does post this happens. I do read regularly (most days) but I don't post as I can't take the veiled sarcastic responses. Maybe I'm just a tad too sensitive. So many other's have been chased off like this. I should have learnt my lesson and not bothered clearly. Also I haven't been able to log in because I forgot my password. So unwelcoming.
Don't take it to heart. It's generally all in jest. Have a look on some of the other tattle forums... If you think this is unwelcoming you'll find some of the others downright lethal. Like swimming with sharks. By comparison this lot are pussycats.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh Yippeee!! We’re talking about Clara again 🤣🤣🤣

Seems like she’s out of her cave, so I shall go and occupy said cave a for a while… sounds very peaceful 😌

I’m sure there’s enough reception so I can upload the Patreon video 😉
How are you feeling this week?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh Yippeee!! We’re talking about Clara again 🤣🤣🤣

Seems like she’s out of her cave, so I shall go and occupy said cave a for a while… sounds very peaceful 😌

I’m sure there’s enough reception so I can upload the Patreon video 😉
Goodness. Is it that time of the week already! How time flies. Remember to keep taking it easy @Karma baby! Enjoy the bat cave and keep an eye out for Robin...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Annalise's hairdressing qualifications are from the UK. Therefore she is unable to trade in her own name and with her own licence unless -

At the very least she gets her qualifications fully translated by a chamber of commerce official translator at her cost.

More likely - she would have to take her qualifications in France in French, and certainly a competence qualification.

I doubt very much she was registered as a hairdresser and was therefore working on the black. An extremely careless thing to do considering fanny was always filming (and that Dana, allegedly one of Dan's amours, works for the pôle d'emploi). I also have no doubt that all of her hairdressing clients are British. If she ever received a cheque in payment it would have gone through Dan's registered business. Easily explained. But now that she and Dan are separated that becomes tricky.

If she wanted to work as a hairdresser she would possibly be able to get part time work or cover work (maternity etc.,) or summer seasonal work in an already established salon. However, my hairdresser would not employ someone on these terms. He has rented a "seat" to a fellow hairdresser but that person was a fully qualified French hairdresser.

Regarding her working in the school - again I doubt that she was a classroom assistant. And again qualifications are required and, obviously, when dealing with children very strict and adhered to. She was probably playtime cover in the maternal section of the school while her two boys were there. She also got to go along as a parent helper on any school trips. Possibly because her boys language skills were not too good at the time and the school may have been concerned that things may get lost in translation. I doubt that it was a paid position, more likely voluntary. I did the same when my son was in maternal (the teachers admitted later that they were concerned with a language problem but there certainly never was one). I also used to get invited in to talk in English and about all things British to the kids in CE1 & CE2 and CM1 & CM2. But I could not teach English as I had no formal French qualification.

The tourist season is now getting underway in France, Easter and the vacances scolaire de printemps are the trigger. Therefore all the seasonal restaurants and businesses are opening up. This is easy work for foreigners (non French). Brits do a lot of waiting tables in the season - no qualifications required, probably no official contract and cash in hand.

Welcome to the black economy without which the French economy would collapse!
Mr Spratt had to get all of his City and Guilds and other qualifications all officially translated and stamped when he started trading independently (before that he worked on a factory assembly plumbing, line via Manpower Agency). Even me working for the agency, they will not take you on unless your comprehension and spoken French is of a certain standard as you've got to be able to take job details over the phone sometimes and your clients are going to be French.
---
Don't take it to heart. It's generally all in jest. Have a look on some of the other tattle forums... If you think this is unwelcoming you'll find some of the others downright lethal. Like swimming with sharks. By comparison this lot are pussycats.
Too right, I lurk on a couple and wouldn't dare comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The superior, patronising, supercilious, condescending tone adopted by some of those who comment beggars belief. Rosie, for all her self-satisfied claptrap, misses the point. Indeed Lalande is categorically and emphatically not a hotel. However, it’s run as a commercial enterprise n the form of a B&B and people are paying to stay. They are guests, not friends - one of Stephanie’s silliest throwaway remarks, when chirruping about the bathroom sans wallpaper (wallpaper she had months to order), was to suggest that the guests - as returnees - were pals.

The person to whom Rosie responded made several valid points which should apply to any establishment offering accommodation, regardless of whether it’s a hotel or a chambre d’hote in the middle of Nowheresville.
Personally, I enjoyed when Rosie Hugh said this: I think they're trying to create the feeling of guests coming to stay at a country house or a chateau for the weekend.

No tit Sherlock! LaLande is a chateau.....where people pay to come stay for the weekend.

Rosie Hugh is quite the dim bulb!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Rosie Hugh is a Dump alias, most likely Snorts/phi phi. Rosie Hugh has been discussed by several tattlers as an alias account back in February. That is why he experiences the same type of chaos before guests arrive. You can watch Snorts and Fanny panic prior to guest arrival on this pat week’s CD video. Read the snotty comment in phi phi’s voice. He posts under this name in several youtube comment sections.

Rosie Hughes was also a character in a book released in 2019 about a woman in Cornwall, England. Remove the es and you have Rosie Hugh.

Amazon product
Ahhh I see.
No wonder "Rosie" sounds like his head is so far up his 🍑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Annalise's hairdressing qualifications are from the UK. Therefore she is unable to trade in her own name and with her own licence unless -

At the very least she gets her qualifications fully translated by a chamber of commerce official translator at her cost.

More likely - she would have to take her qualifications in France in French, and certainly a competence qualification.

I doubt very much she was registered as a hairdresser and was therefore working on the black. An extremely careless thing to do considering fanny was always filming (and that Dana, allegedly one of Dan's amours, works for the pôle d'emploi). I also have no doubt that all of her hairdressing clients are British. If she ever received a cheque in payment it would have gone through Dan's registered business. Easily explained. But now that she and Dan are separated that becomes tricky.

If she wanted to work as a hairdresser she would possibly be able to get part time work or cover work (maternity etc.,) or summer seasonal work in an already established salon. However, my hairdresser would not employ someone on these terms. He has rented a "seat" to a fellow hairdresser but that person was a fully qualified French hairdresser.

Regarding her working in the school - again I doubt that she was a classroom assistant. And again qualifications are required and, obviously, when dealing with children very strict and adhered to. She was probably playtime cover in the maternal section of the school while her two boys were there. She also got to go along as a parent helper on any school trips. Possibly because her boys language skills were not too good at the time and the school may have been concerned that things may get lost in translation. I doubt that it was a paid position, more likely voluntary. I did the same when my son was in maternal (the teachers admitted later that they were concerned with a language problem but there certainly never was one). I also used to get invited in to talk in English and about all things British to the kids in CE1 & CE2 and CM1 & CM2. But I could not teach English as I had no formal French qualification.

The tourist season is now getting underway in France, Easter and the vacances scolaire de printemps are the trigger. Therefore all the seasonal restaurants and businesses are opening up. This is easy work for foreigners (non French). Brits do a lot of waiting tables in the season - no qualifications required, probably no official contract and cash in hand.

Welcome to the black economy without which the French economy would collapse!
My university French professor was from Burgundy, she always referred to the black economy funding as “la liquide”.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not to be a pest....
But come to think of it... What happened to all the bulbs she ordered and that pergola thing that was supposed to be a one of a kind, but now you can find it at Grocery Outlet and Alibaba...?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Not to be a pest....
But come to think of it... What happened to all the bulbs she ordered and that pergola thing that was supposed to be a one of a kind, but now you can find it at Grocery Outlet and Alibaba...?
Who knows, lots of things are going on but she only chooses to show what she wants, like the vintage car day that would have been better content than showing her schooling other people’s children. We haven’t seen the abomination structure they put up in the walled garden either or the cast iron furniture and metal day bed she bought for it

Reactions: 25
Here's my prediction... Amaury is going to work for the other Amaury at their beautiful chateau, why else would they have come to Fanny's? It makes no sense whatsoever, they work so hard, that was no break for them, especially the wife, watching the kids all the time in an place not designed with kids in mind. And a dinner with both Amaury's on their most engaging behaviour....
---
Thank you. I think it so sad. The tenet of the Forum is good. It's good to find somewhere that the glaringly obvious scam is being exposed. But, sadly, there are few people who I would consider to be (how can I put this) intent on making sure that they are the only voices being heard and have invested too much energy in hating. It drives those, like me, that are not concerned about the relationships, the psychology of the individuals of the vloggers but want to point out the rip off of the more gullible in society, to remain silent. It's like walking into a country pub in a village in the UK when all the regulars turn and stare at you if you have the nerve to walk in the door!! In some places one might call it bullying!
I can't agree. Very occasionally someone might question a newbie, but 99% of the time people on here are funny, looking to laugh, calling out bullshit on the Fanny Show and having opinions on the many unexpected relationships. To come here complaining that everyone's bullying is nonsense. You're either too sensitive, or you're trying to shut us down. We're not haters, we're just pointing out the glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Mr Spratt had to get all of his City and Guilds and other qualifications all officially translated and stamped when he started trading independently (before that he worked on a factory assembly plumbing, line via Manpower Agency). Even me working for the agency, they will not take you on unless your comprehension and spoken French is of a certain standard as you've got to be able to take job details over the phone sometimes and your clients are going to be French.
---

Too right, I lurk on a couple and wouldn't dare comment.
Him indoors the same. All his C&G qualifications and the diplomas and his degree. Like wise he worked through manpower for a while. Used to be €80 a page translation when we got that lot done! More recently for our nat.appli. I think it was €120 a page at mates rates. I think only the diehard and serious continue!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I am sure that it is not just me who is sweating in fear whenever I see Dan building his shitto, I can run a predictor of his next major injury:
- fall from scaffolding
- injury to the head by falling brick
- catching a fire

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sooooo and where have all the hidden/missing/seldomly posters been the whole time?

Is there an apocalypse coming that so many suddenly pop up again?
I've obviously missed the drama, so not sure if I am off topic, but just for me, real life is too busy to keep up with Jarvis witches but I still like to see you guys and reminiscent once in a while, it feels like coming to visit an extended family which I've gained over covid times

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm so inconsequential, I have never been accused of being ANYone ! But, all is not lost - we are not completely ineffectual here. Just revisit, if you can muster the distaste, an early vlog of the newly hired Videographer extraordinaire and count the truly stentorian snorts assailing us. They have stopped. (phiphi, if you read here, as we know you do, please give us 4 - one for each flue, - snorty blasts, next grift grab). Congratulations tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I also confess I’ve grown tired, too. I mostly stopped watching SJ’s vlogs because I can’t stand to hear her voice or watch Snorts prancing around. I only watch bits and pieces when someone points out something on here (like the tulip incident), or fast forward through them.

I originally found Tattle through Michael Petherick and started posting after his debacle in Madrid a few years ago. Since that time, Michael essentially imploded, took a long break, and then gathered himself. Now he seems to be back after learning some hard lessons and he appears to be on track. It appears he heard the message loud and clear and looks like he’s grown from his experience. It’s still early, but we’ll see.

On the other hand, nothing has changed with Stephanie. She’s never been held accountable for her deplorable actions. She hasn’t grown, matured, or learned anything because I don’t think she’s capable of that. She collects hundreds of thousands of dollars with little to no renovations to show for it. She’s not transparent with the money she’s raised and has never shared the Association accounts. She sleeps with a “man” half her age who came to work for her as a volunteer, and now pays that man to work/sleep with her. She runs off so many people. She uses people and mistreats them when they’re of no use to her anymore. She’s oblivious to the suffering of others, like Mmakhotso, giving a scholarship in exchange for publicity and dresses (with materials paid by the recipient).

All this, and yet there appears to be no consequences for Stephanie. We watch the Patreon and YouTube statistics and they don’t appear to change much. She’s not growing her numbers as she should, but they’re not really falling very quickly, either. No accounts shared and apparently no consequences there. Selmar even released several scathing vlogs about what happens behind the scenes, yet nothing happens.

I think we all found Tattle, one way or another, because we saw things that made us think something’s not right. For those of us who’ve been here for a while, it’s frustrating to see that things haven’t changed much at LaLande other than the revolving cast of supporting characters. If nothing else, I would be thrilled to see Phillip’s comeuppance and departure. And the tax authorities knocking on the door. Or, possibly another video (like Selmar’s) of someone spilling the tea…maybe Michael Petherick?
I am also right there with Ky, I lurk once in a while but nothing changed

Reactions: 13
I am sure that it is not just me who is sweating in fear whenever I see Dan building his shitto, I can run a predictor of his next major injury:
- fall from scaffolding
- injury to the head by falling brick
- catching a fire
I do not wish him harm but he is clearly at risk every day. However, I am still a cynic enough to see the future since he's learned at the knees of his Chatelaine. Perhaps a minor injury could be embellished as major one to generate a Benoit size Go Fund Me !

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.