Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lionessarising

I’m not sure if these are even in print…
Lesley Bremen’s has layout and good all round info and photos and recipes.
Sylvia Landsbergs book is just an easy to read but very well written and informative book about the history of gardens/ plants , I worked with her and her imparted knowledge and enthusiasm were the reason for my interest.I always go to this book…
jekkas book is more up to date and also garden layouts. Good recipes for medicinal and cosmetic and culinary.
Good descriptions of cultivation.
Thank you. I'll see if I can find them, particularly the medieval one, and of course Jekka. There are some of hers in the local library. If I knew how to put a heart emoji on I'd do so

Reactions: 11

Tea with lemon

VIP Member
A little off topic, and we haven't talked about food for a long time.
I recently baked scones for the first time in my life. I've never eaten them or seen them live, but I think they turned out ok.
Now, as I like to cook according to original recipes and serve food with original ingredients, I have a problem:
Clotted cream is not available for purchase here. I found on the internet that it can be made, but I am confused by two types of recipes.
Of course, I would start with the original ingredient, which is milk.
Is this a good recipe?

Or this other recipe?
It confuses me a bit because in the end the result is not the same.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
They give me a fright when they take off from a tree, when I'm hanging the washing out, their wings flapping make so much noise. They like getting drink on over ripe fruit on my trees. My old cat used to lay in wait hoping one would fall to the ground drunk! They don't try and come inside and don't poop on my deck so all good by me.

@UvulaDonor can you remember years ago that guy (politician I think) who tried to take some pigeons home to eat. Went on a flight with 2 pigeons (dead) hidden under his jacket? I think lots get eaten on the quiet.
---

Have you seen many Tui's this year? Reading your post I realised that I've hardly seen any in my backyard this year, and we usually have lots.
Yes - Sonny Tau! Just quietly I think there are a few peeps in very rural areas who eat them more regularly..........
We had heaps of Tuis until recently - I have a bottlebrush they hang out in.

• Heart
I'm inclined to the thought that Amaury is responsible for wanting to move to the HMN. Perhaps something happened to him in the UK and he needed a change of scenery. But once at lieLande, he sabotaged Ian's work because he didn't want other tradies on his new territory. He wanted to be in charge of everything, Fanny agreed because she didn't trust Ian and thought he was reporting to Tattle. Getting rid of Ian to put Amaury in charge of every aspect of the renovations was the goal. But ultimately, the killing two birds with one stone, means they've shot themselves in the foot. Amaury is now worn out, looks as though the weight of the world is on his shoulders and if the man has any sense at all, he should be regretting his move to lieLande.
The was a photo of him on here not long after he arrived...with previous partner and 2 kids.. hope he keeps in touch with them.. Obviously never sees them!!
---
Benoit the carpenter whose injured his hand on old tools
its really not even funny anymore!!!! This whole debacle is disgustingly embarrassing and frankly infuriating. I can only watch in small doses before I cannot stand it any longer.
she’s so FAKE sooooo OVERLY EMOTIVE and he voice is like scratching nails on a blackboard.
used to watch her during Covid BS and found her to be entertained somewhat but now …… 🤢🤮
---

wait … who’s / what’s this go fund me for ?
---
I agree..MP at his finest!
Doing it ourselves today was the best ever episode what a fascinating story of the wall coverings in the dining room. My great grandparents were from London and had a blanket chest covered with a similar patterned lino/canvas. Sure wish it had survived the years past. Good job Michael!

Last edited:

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
I recently baked scones for the first time in my life. I've never eaten them or seen them live, but I think they turned out ok.
Now, as I like to cook according to original recipes and serve food with original ingredients, I have a problem:
Clotted cream is not available for purchase here. I found on the internet that it can be made, but I am confused by two types of recipes.
Is this a good recipe?

Yes Raw milk tho.
We had it straight from the cow.
I don’t like clotted cream or anything
Is this a good recipe?

Or this other recipe?
It confuses me a bit because in the end the result is not the same.

can I add this one
I was trying to find the film with the food historian ( she has an irritating laugh) making clotted cream. But the ingredients and method of this one seem more accurate than the oven bake method…..good luck.Raw milk is not always easy to find.
We had gallons each day being on a dairy farm.

Attachments

Reactions: 9

pasta_aldente

VIP Member
JDub Elton John seems to like Germany. Buys art there and says he is working in a private label wine - I suspect for his Inn?

• Wow
@LittleMore Cottage & @AndAnotherName
Go back and read the post from Jan 13th, but be sure to grab a handful of hazelnuts or if your really hungry, a small round piece of meat (preferably lamb). Make sure there is no noise in the background so you can focus on the possible culprit!

I included a few not so subtle hints
Hope I'm right or I just wasted 15 mins I'll never get back
perfect clues thank you-
---
Ask me somewhere else and I’ll tell you❤
I am not anonymous elsewhere I want to

• Heart