Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
I’m really pleased to have found the channel, albeit accidentally. Right up my street as it’s food and history - an excellent recipe!

~~~~~

Back to Lalande and a question for patrons. How many views - roughly - do the weekly Patreon exclusive, behind the scenes videos receive? I get the impression that views vs number of patrons is a rather lob-sided stat. Not asking for a specific reason, just idle curiosity.
Contributors can't see how many views Fanny's patreon vlogs receive. However, we can see how many likes are received and how many comments are made for each vlog. There's not much fluctuation each week and attached is a summary since the beginning of 2023.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Can you recommend a book I can learn from? I too have a passion for herb gardens and I'm in the process if creating one. I have the DVD

D
Can you recommend a reference book? I too have a passion for herbs and am in the process of creating a beautiful herb garden for use in cooking, medicinal and cosmetics. I have the dvd Juliet of the Herbs which is very inspiring
I’m not sure if these are even in print…
Lesley Bremen’s has layout and good all round info and photos and recipes.
Sylvia Landsbergs book is just an easy to read but very well written and informative book about the history of gardens/ plants , I worked with her and her imparted knowledge and enthusiasm were the reason for my interest.I always go to this book…
jekkas book is more up to date and also garden layouts. Good recipes for medicinal and cosmetic and culinary.
Good descriptions of cultivation.

Attachments

• Heart

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Yes we had a few Tui's but have many Kowhai trees around the property, snapped a pic of three in the largest Kowhai but didn't come out well. I love the bird call when I wake up in the morning got three small Kowhai near my bedroom window. So blessed that it is a century old house and the orginal owner planted only natives, no front fence but three majestic Pohutukawa Christmas is magical, but this year late December. I currently live in lower NI moved back from up North, beyond the Brynderwyns.
I'm beyond the Brynderwyns (which are closed again!) Reading your post I realised the flame tree didn't flower well this year, and that will be why we had less Tui's. Even the Cicadas made hardly any noise this year, the worse summer in ages.

• Sad

Albee

VIP Member
I think it happened but recently, mmmm not so sure. He'd just had the dressings off, the fingers were broken and now he's going for physio. A certain perioid of time would have to pass before that treatment started.
I think it happened a few weeks ago.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I worked for a while at a tree surgery company. Most of the tree guys had caught themselves with the chainsaws at some point. Had one who managed to nearly cut his arm off at the elbow, that was a mess.
When I was studying horticulture/landscape design, the college offered all students the opportunity to do a chainsaw course for free. 20 year ago to do it privately/independently the cost was circa at least £600. They scared me witless, far too heavy and knew I would never wish to use one in the future. I advised a couple of the young guys to do it just to have it as a reserve for the future, and hey, it would save them a load of money too.
They both passed with flying colours and survived with all limbs intact. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
Saint Kathy is going to hang this in her laundry room. Would be such a shame if it gets wet and ruined! 😝

FA8E440A-4416-4241-9071-948461189459.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11

RubyT

I already wasted more time on this than I want to admit and I still can’t figure it out based on the “last seen lurking date of April 3”. I have 4 culprits. Hmm 🤔

Wait! I got it! It was one of my culprits! I now know 2 users on here!

Thank you for the clue! 😘
How do you go back to past posts ? Sorry I’m newish

RubyT

We are lucky enough to have ravens, hundreds of them, so the flying rats that are pigeons stand no chance and stay away. But surprisingly, there's hardly any raven shit about. Nice birdies keep their shit to the fields behind the house. One of our ravens, a big bastard we've named Corvis, will come if we call him and eat from our hands. I'm surprised in Fanny's love of pigeons... one would think she likes them simply because, in France, they are at times a popular dish for the table. But no, she actually appears to truly like the buggers. Has no-one told her of the health risks with having pigeons nesting inside her house? Jeeze, she's dumb.
Wr have hoards of ravens also live in large trees to the field opposite always in and out the garden for scraps but likewise no poop and they are actually quite nervous birds / still my fatty wood pigeons are here and won’t budge 🙄

• Haha

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
I don’t know who the Crosby family is. I just looked them up and didn’t see anything too alarming. Super talented daughter who could sing and was on Ellen at age 4. And an article that said they limit their videos to one per week to make sure they aren’t doing harm with social media and their kids. Is there some scandal with them?
If there isn’t a scandal now just wait 10 minutes and something unsavoury will undoubtedly pop out from under the carpet. So many vloggers seem to have a backstory.

SleepingBeauty123

@LittleMore Cottage & @AndAnotherName
Go back and read the post from Jan 13th, but be sure to grab a handful of hazelnuts or if your really hungry, a small round piece of meat (preferably lamb). Make sure there is no noise in the background so you can focus on the possible culprit!

I included a few not so subtle hints
Hope I'm right or I just wasted 15 mins I'll never get back
I already wasted more time on this than I want to admit and I still can’t figure it out based on the “last seen lurking date of April 3”. I have 4 culprits. Hmm 🤔

Wait! I got it! It was one of my culprits! I now know 2 users on here!

Thank you for the clue! 😘

• Haha

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
No Patreon, but she did say she was from Utah. My husband and I have started noticing this really weird thing about people from Utah. They are all gorgeous people, most are blonde hair and blue eyed. And they are rich. Like, rich upon rich upon rich. Yes, we are very familiar with the Mormon community. I actually made a very close friend with one of my co-workers who was Mormon, and he was so nice and answered all of my questions (without trying to convert me lol). If you ever watch the Studio McGee people on Netflix you will get what I’m trying to say. That Mormon population definitely keeps their wealth within their own community, and therefore their children seem to have enormous wealth at a very young age. They all go to Brigham Young, seem to be friends with each other’s wealthy families, are set up for success. (The exact opposite of what has happened with our African American community, so this is kind a polar opposite effect). So, as soon as this woman said she was from Utah, I thought…hmmm…I am sure they have the funds to transform this château appropriately. And it looks gorgeous. I would love to stay there. I’m not going to get into an argument pro/against Mormonism. It’s just a small section of the US that keeps a pretty low profile, and now that the younger generation is getting on social media…I think some eyes are being opened. I know a lot of Mormons. And I have to say,..they truly are the nicest people I’ve ever met. Like, genuinely nice. Like, make me feel bad about my witchy thoughts. Lol…yeah, I know…there are bad apples everywhere and in every group. It’s just a very curious thing I’ve noticed lately when they put themselves on social media. It’s bringing that group to the attention of everyone and I wonder if the Mormon church is going to take a stand on it. I personally love Studio McGee and their cute family. But when they showed their company’s headquarters and said they employed hundreds of people, and have $59 million in revenues…I was like….holy crap! How old are these people? Where did they even get their money to grow so big? And that’s what has made my husband and I look closer at that population. Not saying they are doing anything wrong. If anything, my husband and I wondered if we should become Mormons (kidding!).
---

They are a cute family. Nice to see some normal family activities going on at that place. I’ve never watched them but hearing the guy say that he hasn’t had a vacation ever, while he was peeling apples, just pissed me off at Stephanie so much. She couldn’t even sit down with her guests and help make an apple crumble? How hard is that? Put the camera on a tripod and sit down and help make the apple crumble that she will sneak up to her room and gobble up later that night.

Edit: sorry. I hate when Tattle combines two separate topics into one post.
The Crosby family being another too nice Mormon Family exploiting? Children for clicks and dollars.
---
I'm going to watch CU and eat scones tonight.
Not.
I'll just eat scones.
Why didn't anyone tell me they were so delicious.
(My second attempt at baking scones. I also made clotted cream. Tasty, but the wrong texture. I know where and why I made a mistake and I will do better next time.)View attachment 2107506
I have some delicious strawberry and wild strawberry jam....I just need those scones and cream....pls.

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
And whilst we're on the subject of the gardens - after 2 years, shouldn't there be more growing on the arches specially made for the walled garden? I think their choice of climber was all wrong - it needs something that doesn't die off in winter, surely?
(albeit I'm not good with plants that don't grow well in winter as I'm a temperate climate gardener)
---

Our native pigeon: Kereru - is apparently quite yummy. They are much larger (fatter) than regular ones - you can see the branches of trees they land on buckle under the weight of them. To be fair, they are protected and most of us will never eat one!
They give me a fright when they take off from a tree, when I'm hanging the washing out, their wings flapping make so much noise. They like getting drink on over ripe fruit on my trees. My old cat used to lay in wait hoping one would fall to the ground drunk! They don't try and come inside and don't poop on my deck so all good by me.

@UvulaDonor can you remember years ago that guy (politician I think) who tried to take some pigeons home to eat. Went on a flight with 2 pigeons (dead) hidden under his jacket? I think lots get eaten on the quiet.
---
Where I live we have a large Puriri Tree which has berries the Kereru love, unfortunately some are gluttons and can become intoxicate. WE had one large Kereru who took a dislike to my partner constantly dive bombed him then sat on garage roof berating him. I love the sound of their wing when they come in tp roost in the tree. we can up to five at once magical especially as we live in town. The Tui's leave when the Kereru appear, but ususally teh Kowhai tree flowers have gone when the berries ripen on the Puriri tree
---
The Petherick Brothers
Billy, anyone else feel weekly vlogs, work on one project at the Convent slots in with Gwens visit to accountant?
He has been buying a lot of stuff for future parts of the project, like the bank counters as a bar. That room is a long way off, especially as it has asbestos roof.

Micheal, agree it looked beautiful on the wall, my only worry is Micheal being Micheal he will want it (like the gardeners cottage) Gwen and Billy are going to say no!!!! Look at La Ferte to reproduce the wall paper from the original factory, who had the engravings, $17,000 this is going to be much much more. Please Please Micheal dont do another go fund me like you did when you were told no last time but its what you want what you really want. Courtsey of Spice Girls.
Have you seen many Tui's this year? Reading your post I realised that I've hardly seen any in my backyard this year, and we usually have lots.

Last edited:
  • Sad