The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your feelings mirror mine closely, though I’ll go a step further. Mmakhotso’s scholarship was specifically the LaLande Fashion Fellowship or some such ego boosting title. I’ve had fellowships before. They typically cover the cost of tuition, along with living expenses through a stipend and the necessary supplies. My very first fellowship even provided tokens for public transit as I‘d not shipped my car over. Stephanie does bear the responsibility of not following through while profiting off this young women.
I still stand by my theory that Mmakhotso's death is not proven. Surely Villoti would have press release or something. The silence speaks volumes to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Looks who’s ready to “party” at the shitto for Easter. I guess this 100 stars chick didn’t get the memo to stay off the social medias at the shitto.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
From Behind the Chateau Door's comment section. Mummy Stef must have taken over replying and PhiPhil sent to his room!

No sunshine ☀

8 hours ago
@Bela Bells I was a patron, and deleted my account because of Caroline! So she made me a favour!

XnSqbBENoKqhdt4QgP32p7Zg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

caroline gooder
6 hours ago
@No sunshine ☀ I don’t remember you but sorry…I guess.

o3Zr9GIFOmJ8bjwtHdXdGm_O=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

No sunshine ☀
5 hours ago
@caroline gooder you don’t remember me because you have offended so many people, and Stephanie just shuts everyone down. So there you go. I wasn’t in the cheap patron category either.

560FxQ9bh2aL_FkjlSOsRGTA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

World of surprises
4 hours ago
Same here. Ex patron because of her. One question asked and she said I was a troll, laughing, very mean. In the end Stephanie or Phillip deleted my comment and I deleted my patron membership.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I still stand by my theory that Mmakhotso's death is not proven. Surely Villoti would have press release or something. The silence speaks volumes to me.
Very true, but wouldn’t you think the Backabuddy group would’ve verified that before changing the fundraiser? I also find it deeply strange that there’s been no way to know if she really did die. We all know Stephanie’s word isn’t worth the breath used to speak it. Vile-oti’s is the same in my book.

Reactions: 15
Looks who’s ready to “party” at the shitto for Easter. I guess this 100 stars chick didn’t get the memo to stay off the social medias at the shitto.
She's going to need more than those flimsy 100 Stars gowns to stay warm at the shitoo this weekend! Do they sell 100 Stars Hot Water bottles?

• Haha
You’d think the depressed chatelaine would be grieving this Easter and unable to entertain.

• Heart
You’d think the depressed chatelaine would be grieving this Easter and unable to entertain.
Don't listen to the screeches of "wwwwwweeeeeeeeeee - look at all the chocolate I found" coming from the woods! You can tell Fanny is in mourning because she'll be wearing the black bunny ears!
1681008244208.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just had a terrible thought…I would be absolutely sick if SJ wore one of the gowns or dresses that Mmakhotso made her for the big Easter party. She’d probably tell all of her viewers she wore it in memory of Mmakhotso. So while SJ and her Easter guests gorge themselves on food and chocolate candy, we can remember how Mmakhotso went without meals to afford the materials to make SJ’s dresses.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
@M&MsMom and @ComtesseRose - Thank you for the birthday wishes! We have finally started to travel again, and spent a few days in Arizona visiting family, then on to Palm Springs for some R&R. I was able to keep up with the threads, although kinda slowly, but glad to be home and reading all the great comments. Happy Easter to you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Well, I can't say I watched completely, but I did view two vlogs today. I haven't watched Curtis Ryan Woodside in quite some time. I like Egyptian stuff, just from real Egyptologists! Anyhow, I love Filippo, his husband. I didn't even make it to the 5 minute mark because as they're walking down the street, Curtis is saying people commented on his vlogs that he's spending too much time away from Filippo and that Filippo missed him. Filippo said "yes, I did miss you, did you miss me?" and he was stroking his head (admittedly, like he'd pet a dog) and Curtis made this face and recoiled away from Filippo as if to say "don't touch me".......it ticked me off, so I stopped watching.

View attachment 2087371

Then I started watching the woman from Seattle (the lady whose husband was a firefighter who died in NYC in the 9/11 attack). I fast forwarded all the way through it, with a minor stop in the middle for the reveal of a chandelier she had repaired. The chandelier was just beautiful! But, it was the most boring video I think I've ever attempted to watch (and that's saying something!). At the end, she talks about her roof, said she hasn't gotten quotes yet, says that based on people's comments she's reached out to Billy Petherick and - SURPRISE! - he hasn't responded. Then she went on a long-winded story about leaving to get her VISA squared, getting an appt. with the French consulate and it's all up in the air because she was trying to time the appointment with a visit to her son in NYC, but the consulate in NYC doesn't have any appointments. She can go to Washington DC during that time, though, because they do have appointments available. She says she's going to wait it out for an NYC appointment but in the meantime has overall angst and is worried she won't get an appointment anywhere (I think she's worried? I can't tell, but I know I'd be worried). The consulate in Los Angeles, where she'd need to go on the West Coast, doesn't have any appointments available either for the first week of May. What's the problem??? Make a freakin' appointment in Washington DC and be done with it! Problem solved! Boy, she can really over-complicate stuff. Then, she's worried because she has to surrender her passport when she has this appointment and she doesn't know for how long....which means she can't travel back to France. I was exhausted after watching just 5 minutes of her talking, which is a shame....I like her and want her to have some joy, and this chateau does seem to provide that to her.
I also fast forwarded thru her video. On one of my pauses I heard her say that she was told the roof was recently done. If this is not the case surely she can go back to the previous owners for giving false information. Seeing as France has that 10 year clause.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I also fast forwarded thru her video. On one of my pauses I heard her say that she was told the roof was recently done. If this is not the case surely she can go back to the previous owners for giving false information. Seeing as France has that 10 year clause.
I was wondering about the same exact thing! I would be really angry if I'd been lied to like that and would want to exact my revenge! I would be such a pain in the you know where if I was lied to about something this big. But.....I also would like to think I would have had it inspected or checked out before I bought it. I would hope that I wouldn't just take someone's word for it, like she says she did. If it's not in the documents or somewhere in writing, it would just become her word against the sellers, so I'm thinking she probably has no recourse, unless someone else heard it, too.
---
That tablecloth is hideous! And the tapered candles in the tall candleholders are only about an inch tall! I guess Fanny is too cheap…has to burn the candles as long as possible. THIS is the Christie’s tastemaker? 🙄

View attachment 2087557
Yes, it sure is hideous! Looks more like Thanksgiving than Spring, at least to me. Pretty sure Philip had a hand in that, with his "autumnal" color palate.

• Heart
Happy birthday @ScooterMaGoo! Sounds like you had a lovely vacation. Maybe next year, France? I hear the Chateau de Lalande is absolutely beautiful in the spring.
❤🎂🍾🎁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Amaury and Fanny don't seem like loving relatives, there is a real distance between them. No easy conversation, no banter, no affection. He arrived a handsome young man with sun kissed hair and he now is taciturn and looks like he is inwardly seething. He has aged and seems really dragged down. He came to the house to make a meaningful difference to use his undoubted skills and she has him doing plumbing and making radio covers. The Grand Salon will be a shell for the whole of this year. She is vile, it should be her and Snorts waiting table and then sitting with guests. I feel sorry for Amaury lately.
Of course there is something "off" with Anne Marie. He has been controlled and emasculated all his life by a coven of nasty domineering witches (including his older cousine). He does what he is told and even dresses as he's told.

rangée de chiennes.png
eddie munster.jpg

It's no wonder he has ended up with you-know-who.

View attachment 2087565View attachment 2087566

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Marie Wiik's mom, if your read here, please, in God's name, stop messing with your daughter's head and suggesting to her to go back to France. Please, stop. lalande is not healthy place for her. It's not healthy place for noone. stephanie is not her friend. Marie has a good job and a nice flat now. She realy doesn't need to go back to that place. lalande is going to fell down very very soon. She will be left without everything if she goes back there.
It is inevitable that Marie Wiik will return to Lalande. I think she has no other place she feels she can go and be part of something.

For all we know, FRK may have been fired from her job at the florist weeks ago. She can't hack regular work, regular time schedules, or regular adult responsibilities. It was probably too overwhelming for her, as usual. Her employers were likely frustrated by her obstinance and mood swings, failure to make arrangements their way, and FRK's insistence on using her own unique "floristry" methods. It's very strange that FRK's last video was a wedding bouquet demonstration "at home" and that she brought the flowers from work.

For all we know, the embrace and promotion of Lalande by FRK's mother, Gunnvei Grice, may just be a ploy on her part to move her daughter along. They have a complicated relationship and they both must get on each other's nerves. It's like with the good people of Haworth. They can only take so much of FRK before they pay her persuade her to leave.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.