The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, I can't say I watched completely, but I did view two vlogs today. I haven't watched Curtis Ryan Woodside in quite some time. I like Egyptian stuff, just from real Egyptologists! Anyhow, I love Filippo, his husband. I didn't even make it to the 5 minute mark because as they're walking down the street, Curtis is saying people commented on his vlogs that he's spending too much time away from Filippo and that Filippo missed him. Filippo said "yes, I did miss you, did you miss me?" and he was stroking his head (admittedly, like he'd pet a dog) and Curtis made this face and recoiled away from Filippo as if to say "don't touch me".......it ticked me off, so I stopped watching.

View attachment 2087371

Then I started watching the woman from Seattle (the lady whose husband was a firefighter who died in NYC in the 9/11 attack). I fast forwarded all the way through it, with a minor stop in the middle for the reveal of a chandelier she had repaired. The chandelier was just beautiful! But, it was the most boring video I think I've ever attempted to watch (and that's saying something!). At the end, she talks about her roof, said she hasn't gotten quotes yet, says that based on people's comments she's reached out to Billy Petherick and - SURPRISE! - he hasn't responded. Then she went on a long-winded story about leaving to get her VISA squared, getting an appt. with the French consulate and it's all up in the air because she was trying to time the appointment with a visit to her son in NYC, but the consulate in NYC doesn't have any appointments. She can go to Washington DC during that time, though, because they do have appointments available. She says she's going to wait it out for an NYC appointment but in the meantime has overall angst and is worried she won't get an appointment anywhere (I think she's worried? I can't tell, but I know I'd be worried). The consulate in Los Angeles, where she'd need to go on the West Coast, doesn't have any appointments available either for the first week of May. What's the problem??? Make a freakin' appointment in Washington DC and be done with it! Problem solved! Boy, she can really over-complicate stuff. Then, she's worried because she has to surrender her passport when she has this appointment and she doesn't know for how long....which means she can't travel back to France. I was exhausted after watching just 5 minutes of her talking, which is a shame....I like her and want her to have some joy, and this chateau does seem to provide that to her.
I thought she would have a good channel, but I can' get past the ummm ummm ummm every other word. and she carts that little dog back and forth and it has to have a vet visit and papers each time... she drags everything and it's exhausting to watch her ot listen. on another note I do like Make.Do.Grow they are in Portugal and are redoing an old stone house trying to use more natural materials and no concrete. I do enjoy their hard work and humor. Also my absolute favorite as far as Vlog content is Sailing Parlay Revival ( not chateau but sailing around the world) and Laura Kampf in Germany ( she is a hoot and great vlogs, that girl gets things done)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree that Stephanie is not personally responsible for Mmakhotso's death.
We don't know the facts.
However, I am contemptuous of the manner in which Stephanie used Mmakhotso's death for content.
I’m actually a little surprised we haven’t learned more about Mmakhotso’s death by now. Stephanie said she knows how Mmakhotso passed away, but she said she wasn’t going to share that information “out of respect for the family.” That excuse is a joke…SJ hasn’t shied away from sharing personal information (remember Dan and Annalise’s breakup?) or making people squirm in her videos by putting them on the spot. So, I don’t think it has anything to do with “respect for the family.” I don’t want to offend anyone but, in my gut, I think it’s because Mmakhotso took her own life. That’s just my opinion…and I have absolutely no proof or information to back up that claim. It’s just a guess because Stephanie is typically shameless about using situations to her advantage…If Mmakhotso had died from an illness or accident, I think SJ would have milked it for her own personal gain. If Mmakhotso did succumb to the stress and anxiety of school, responsibilities, and financial concerns, I think SJ bears some responsibility because although she paid for the scholarship, she didn’t make sure Mmakhotso had the right support. This may not be a popular post and I’m sure others will disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The bigger the ego, the harder they fall. So on this holy Easter weekend here's a bible verse for Snorty to contemplate while stuffing chocolate into his self-satisfied, smug holier-than-thou gob.

Proverbs 16:18
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall,"

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m actually a little surprised we haven’t learned more about Mmakhotso’s death by now. Stephanie said she knows how Mmakhotso passed away, but she said she wasn’t going to share that information “out of respect for the family.” That excuse is a joke…SJ hasn’t shied away from sharing personal information (remember Dan and Annalise’s breakup?) or making people squirm in her videos by putting them on the spot. So, I don’t think it has anything to do with “respect for the family.” I don’t want to offend anyone but, in my gut, I think it’s because Mmakhotso took her own life. That’s just my opinion…and I have absolutely no proof or information to back up that claim. It’s just a guess because Stephanie is typically shameless about using situations to her advantage…If Mmakhotso had died from an illness or accident, I think SJ would have milked it for her own personal gain. If Mmakhotso did succumb to the stress and anxiety of school, responsibilities, and financial concerns, I think SJ bears some responsibility because although she paid for the scholarship, she didn’t make sure Mmakhotso had the right support. This may not be a popular post and I’m sure others will disagree.
Agree with all you say KyBourbon.
Mmakhotso committing suicide was my gut feeling also.

@Silascat said she knew the circumstances of Mmakhotso's death but could not/would not elaborate.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I realize this is going against the grain here but my heart hurts when I see this. We don't know what happened. I in no way think SJ had anything to do with her death. I have donated to scholarship funds and would hate it if something happened to the person I donated to and peeps on the internet decide I'm responsible for a death. I just don't see how y'all are coming to the conclusion that she is responsible for this beautiful girl's death. To me, this is going way over the line and heading into defamation.
Ever person is entitled to their opinion and we can agree to disagree to an extent on this situation.

IMHO, this was a scholarship created by Stephanie Jarvis thru her YouTube channel specifically to prove assistance to a specifically selected student at the institute and to provide content /publicity/generate ongoing good will for herself and her channels and to get thousands of dollar of free custom gowns. I believe the circumstances in the Stephanie Jarvis/ Mmakhotso Moloi scholarship situation are different than a person making a monetary contribution to an established scholarship fund that they had no participation in creating the scholarship itself ( terms of scholarship, selection of individual specifically, and no expectation of return on scholarship in terms of publicity, content, etc.)

As I have stated before, I would not say Fanny is directly responsible for the death of the young woman, but I do feel that Stephanie caused or contributed to cause additional stress and pressure in this woman‘s life by her ongoing failures to acknowledge/address/ help have others address/ or help her to address the other financial factors that would complicate or prevent the woman from being able to attend school successfully and try to graduate and get a job in fashion. And using her as a way to promote the gift grab, being close family friends with Spero and their transactional scholarship fee for clothes swap and pressures from Spero to perform for his family friends, not paying for clothing that the young woman and her grandmother made for Fanny when it was obviously a huge sacrifice for the impoverished family to come up with the funds to pay for the materials, failing to follow up with her, etc. She didn’t fulfill her promise to take the girl to Paris fashion week although Fanny herself attended less than a few weeks prior to her death.I think the Fanny scholarship ended being much less than promised by Fanny and Mummy. That would be depressing.

You can also add Villiotti in on my opinion as to “causing or contributing to cause additional stressors on the young scholarship recipient.”
She may have had other stressors in her life of which we are unaware, but she definitely had overwhelming stress concerning meeting her educational goals, and those stressors cannot be easily discounted or written off as having no bearing upon the quality of her life.

Fanny then used the death of an underprivileged young woman that she screwed over/ did not fulfill promises to and exploited the first time with CD videos about the scholarship and making the poor girl and her mothet tap dance and grovel for them on camera while Fanny/Mummy/Phi Phi left with shopping carts full of clothing. Fanny exploited her in death to put the focus off of the Selmar situation, no work at the Dump, vacations, and to falsely generate ongoing concern for “ Stephanie’s welfare and mental/emotional status” to allow Fanny to slack off even more and to selfishly transfer the focus off of Mmakhotso Moloi’s death to herself, etc.

Money is the only thing that matters to Isabelle and Stephanie. Stephanie only ended up paying out a thousand dollars or so in Crap unwrapped income to the grandmother of the deceased young woman. How much was actually earned off 100,000 views? More than the $1,000 contributed by the Shittelaine? Stephanie Jarvis paid nothing out of her own pocket, despite receiving approximately. $400,000 + in tax free monies from Patreon alone in the past 12 months and well over a hundred thousand dollars+ in tax free gifts from the crap unwrapped channel and free custom designer clothing that far exceeded the amount of the Villiotti scholarship plus loads of content/publicity for her channels.

Stephanie, by urging viewers to run the crap unwrapped episode repeatedly and to like the video, got over 100,000 views and thousands of likes on the crap unwrapped video, which only served to help raise the ranking or favorable statistics of the channel which will benefit Stephanie now and in the future. She made sure that she was rewarded, once again, for her ongoing pattern of abhorrent, uncaring, selfish, exploitive use of others to benefit herself.

Once they pay out a little more than a thousand dollars and some change to sweep this “situation” under the rug, it will be back to selfish business as usual, with a nice boost to their grift gift unwrapped channel stats and the ongoing manipulation of the “ feel sorry for the sad Shittelaine who is so sad over Mmakhotso Moloi’s death” campaign by Stephanie Jarvis and the Dump crew.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I have warmed to them.
I find it amusing when even Stuart gets exasperated with Patrick's waffle and cuts across him to get to the point.
I watched the last vlog doing their kitchen, using a cheap one that needs to be painted quite shocked obviously watchin $$$$

What was amusing was Patricks hissy fit over the door to the skullery. Was waiting for a full blown tanty but feel if I keep on watching might just get one.
[/QUOTE]
I watched that vlog too last evening and it just made me think how quickly & economically Fanny could fit a proper, functional scullery in the Area Cuisine. Fanny lacks any common sense or reasoned logic.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I realize this is going against the grain here but my heart hurts when I see this. We don't know what happened. I in no way think SJ had anything to do with her death. I have donated to scholarship funds and would hate it if something happened to the person I donated to and peeps on the internet decide I'm responsible for a death. I just don't see how y'all are coming to the conclusion that she is responsible for this beautiful girl's death. To me, this is going way over the line and heading into defamation.
Whilst I respect your opinion and encourage you to speak your feelings I can only strongly disagree with your post. Although we don’t know ALL the facts we do know SJ never personally checked in with her scholar - always relying on the Viliotti Institute for feedback. If she were to, SJ may have learned sooner that her scholarship wasn’t sufficient to cover Mmakhotso’s travel, technology and material requirements - hence Mmakhotso need to rely on multiple scholarships and starting an online fundraiser to make up the difference. SJ states she would have willingly helped - so why didn’t Mmakhotso get in touch? - I suspect, because SJ didn’t create the environment or atmosphere that she is always ready to step in if needed. The scholarship was always performative charity to add credence to the GAG channel. SJ knew that the scholarship wasn’t sufficient and that Mmakhotso was struggling financially at home with the admission by Spero that Mmakhotso likely forwent food to make dresses for Stephanie. How could she take those dresses knowing that was the case without separate payment? Deeply uncomfortable viewing.
Then the way her death was announced and the response to the viewer’s ensuing questions as to why Mmakhotso made the online fundraiser painted the young scholar as unexplainable, greedy and unjustified. SJ and Phyllis informed us that Mmakhotso was, in fact, the recipient of multiple scholarships and those donors shared responsibility for Mmakhotso too - deflection 101.
If SJ had nothing to hide or have guilt for why was Mmakhotso Moloi name deleted from the YT comments. They read here and saw my intentions. SJ should never forget that she let down that talented young lady along with her family. Promises weren’t honoured for the trips to France for Paris Fashion Week or to LieLande.
Mmakhotso was exploited by Stephanie Jarvis from day one until well after she died for financial legitimacy, emotional manipulation and profiteering. It’s a truly repugnant episode from SJ. I’m not saying SJ murdered the young lady I’m pointing out her neglect towards Mmakhotso certainly was a significant contributing factor to the struggles Mmakhotso was contending with on a daily basis at the end of her life - struggles that didn’t need to be. I’d also like to remind everyone that SJ didn’t donate her own money to Mmakhotso’s family fund but instead the YT adSense money from the GAG channel and was all too happy to stick her name and that of LieLande on the donation. Her true grief plain for all to see - non existent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I'm pretty sure most here will agree with you. I have donated to a lot of causes and find it hard to think of myself as responsible for making sure the recipient was secure/fully supported/had everything they needed/kept track of them. But, I get it, we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: 14
Imagine if Caroline DNG ( let’s assume for the sake of argument she’s some random fan) turned.🤭 Imagine if she became a disillusioned tattler. That’d be fun.
If a random fan would love nothing better than for her to rock up at the CLL. Settle in with some popcorn and watch the feathers fly. Most likely Phiphi though, seems to be a similarity in language. He is a legend in his own lunch box that lad (two meanings - second one ‘junk’ 😉 which appears more like preschoolers lunchbox, pink, with Frozen stickers)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm pretty sure most here will agree with you. I have donated to a lot of causes and find it hard to think of myself as responsible for making sure the recipient was secure/fully supported/had everything they needed/kept track of them. But, I get it, we can agree to disagree.
Well I think it’s marvellous you are actively helping someone in need with their education no matter how big or small your contribution. I ask that you check in with the scholar and find out if all is well so not another Mmakhotso finds herself defeated. My friends on my Masters course all had scholarships and their donors kept in touch with them directly via email every two/three months to find out if all was well at home, they had budgeting plans in place and if any complications were being experienced.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My fav youtube channel and can't wait for the new season of Below Deck Sailing! The sneaky trailer is pitching Colin as single this season, lol!
I am a Patron for Colin on Parlay. Lol. Only one I would ever help out. Love his content and he's not bad to.look at either. I am a huge Below deck.fan

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Then I started watching the woman from Seattle (the lady whose husband was a firefighter who died in NYC in the 9/11 attack). I fast forwarded all the way through it, with a minor stop in the middle for the reveal of a chandelier she had repaired. The chandelier was just beautiful! But, it was the most boring video I think I've ever attempted to watch (and that's saying something!). At the end, she talks about her roof, said she hasn't gotten quotes yet, says that based on people's comments she's reached out to Billy Petherick and - SURPRISE! - he hasn't responded. Then she went on a long-winded story about leaving to get her VISA squared, getting an appt. with the French consulate and it's all up in the air because she was trying to time the appointment with a visit to her son in NYC, but the consulate in NYC doesn't have any appointments. She can go to Washington DC during that time, though, because they do have appointments available. She says she's going to wait it out for an NYC appointment but in the meantime has overall angst and is worried she won't get an appointment anywhere (I think she's worried? I can't tell, but I know I'd be worried). The consulate in Los Angeles, where she'd need to go on the West Coast, doesn't have any appointments available either for the first week of May. What's the problem??? Make a freakin' appointment in Washington DC and be done with it! Problem solved! Boy, she can really over-complicate stuff. Then, she's worried because she has to surrender her passport when she has this appointment and she doesn't know for how long....which means she can't travel back to France. I was exhausted after watching just 5 minutes of her talking, which is a shame....I like her and want her to have some joy, and this chateau does seem to provide that to her.
I find her to be a bit of an energy vampire.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wishing all you wonderful tartlets a Happy Easter filled with love, happiness and an abundance of Easter eggs (or puppies). 🐰

1681001362370.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The Easter Bunny !! :love:

Happy Easter to you all and .......... Most of you are TOO OLD for a Easter Egg Hunt........ reading this Fanny ???? ;)
Dang it!!! I forgot to make a choco run on the way to work today! Blast and bother!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The Easter Bunny !! :love:

Happy Easter to you all and .......... Most of you are TOO OLD for a Easter Egg Hunt........ reading this Fanny ???? ;)
One is never to old for an Easter Egg Hunt, but make it all about the little ones! Rather than hoarding all the kids chocolate for yourself, keep only a couple of pieces for yourself. Are you listening Fanny? Remember, although you look 68, you're 48 and not an 8 year old. So leave the chocolate for your man-child companion Little Lord Snortenoy to find.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Your feelings mirror mine closely, though I’ll go a step further. Mmakhotso’s scholarship was specifically the LaLande Fashion Fellowship or some such ego boosting title. I’ve had fellowships before. They typically cover the cost of tuition, along with living expenses through a stipend and the necessary supplies. My very first fellowship even provided tokens for public transit as I‘d not shipped my car over. Stephanie does bear the responsibility of not following through while profiting off this young women.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.