The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine the nice couple from the chateau where Selmar was staying, woke up to the fact that he had very little to offer them. He was willing to help to some extent but it was obvious that the old man was doing most of the real work and all the heavy work. Selmar just watched a lot of it and did a few simple jobs. I think they wanted Selmar and Tatyana to look after the chateau during their periods back in Canada but I guess they realised that neither of them was really capable of taking care of the property. They may also have seen Selmar's ranting vlog and, while being sympathetic about the way Fanny & co treated them, they would realise that Selmar is neither discreet nor very capable. Now, he's back making the mind-numbingly boring vlogs and hoping strangers will fund his wandering life. Someone should also tell him that, if he displays a text on a screen, he does not need to read it out loud, thereby demonstrating that he does not understand it. I wonder if his mother is still alive; I think he would be better off going back home.
Sorry, I am so far behind simply because my "real" life has proved far more important in the past week or so.
But, has Selmar now left the Canadian couple's chateau? o_O
Even given recent personal circumstances, I was beginning to find it extremely difficult to watch any of the Chateauverse vlogs, for obvious reasons! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
I imagine the nice couple from the chateau where Selmar was staying, woke up to the fact that he had very little to offer them. He was willing to help to some extent but it was obvious that the old man was doing most of the real work and all the heavy work. Selmar just watched a lot of it and did a few simple jobs. I think they wanted Selmar and Tatyana to look after the chateau during their periods back in Canada but I guess they realised that neither of them was really capable of taking care of the property. They may also have seen Selmar's ranting vlog and, while being sympathetic about the way Fanny & co treated them, they would realise that Selmar is neither discreet nor very capable. Now, he's back making the mind-numbingly boring vlogs and hoping strangers will fund his wandering life. Someone should also tell him that, if he displays a text on a screen, he does not need to read it out loud, thereby demonstrating that he does not understand it. I wonder if his mother is still alive; I think he would be better off going back home.
He must have been feeling secure up until a couple of months ago otherwise he'd not have sold his camper. I think following the sale he and tatyana have gone their separate ways, selmar's done his back in so not been able to do any jobs, Bill & Viv have come back from Canada and it's just been felt the best for everyone if Selmar heads off in the knowledge he can't contribute. Such a shame but good that Bill is starting his own YT channel. Bill posts as 'mucwully'.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The lesbians of Chateau Sappho are desperate sycophants and will do anything to get into the Chatelaine’s inner circle. Plus Easter will be like a Pride parade…the poufs, the Gay Twank etc. They don’t want to miss out on that.
F4F must have drank from the furry cup before? Going carpet munching is not new to her? And before any of you lesbians come for me i am. Pillow biter and like it up the Hershey's highway. (BTW why is american chocolate so bleeping bad?)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
SJ is so boring I'm giving myself the grace to talk about others, lol - (I am one of the ones that doesn't like to go off-topic). I actually like them - but what the heck is that weird false wall they built? I'm hoping it all works out in the end.
I also like Journey to the Chateau. My daughter says they look like the characters from The Banshees of Inisherin.
456350D2-5363-44D1-A1CA-72A6A3A69A00.jpeg

CFBD6BF7-224A-47FB-9212-4C43C755EE36.jpeg

FBB828C4-1D85-4E00-AD24-F621E5283ED3.jpeg
B2F4B427-A08A-415D-A754-2C89D1D9F8FB.jpeg

D57C668C-358F-4389-9254-B8038BC73A71.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
OH MY GOD!
That was hysterically funny!
I missed this little dust-up in the comments section. Who knew stealing a broccoli casserole could get under someone's skin like that!
Back to deep cleaning my kitchen - because, unlike Stephanie, when I have guests round for Spring (Easter) brunch, I like my guests to know they won't die of ptomaine!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Whilst Ruby was in Fanny's study, wondering if it were possible to take a tit on the Murano chandelier above her desk, he noticed an e mail from Michael Potts to Fanny (and others) which Ruby has kindly passed on, together with Fanny's preparation: Michael: Hi Fans. Being in charge of the Easter entertainment this year, we are going to play a game. All participants will submit 5 cards with words and phrases they most like, and 5 cards with the words they most hate being spoken. Everyone else has to guess which words belong to who.
Fanny's response:
Like:

Gifts
Upgrade
Travel
Patreon
Free

Do not want to hear:

MM
Tax
Moral responsibility
Selmar
Reciprocate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Well guess what? Pink Jaguar’s post has vanished. Stephanie Jarvis should be haunted by Mmakhotso Moloi’s name for the rest of her life. SJ can scrub her YT comments section all she wishes but we all know that Mmakhotso died due to the neglect from both her place of education and her scholarship sponsors. SJ ought to be ashamed of herself for deleting that and 8 others agreed too.

Mmakhotso won’t get to have an Easter Egg hunt with her friends or family in the woods screaming weeeeee. Disgusting episode.

58F9390D-A03F-4E52-B531-E86076331E23.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I think we all agree, from the comments section:

View attachment 2085742
Kathy Richards
25 minutes ago
If it had been me, I would have redone the rear kitchen with stainless steel worktops and cabinetry. Much easier to keep clean, hard wearing and hygienic. Doesn't have to be expensive either. Similar to how Dick and Angel designed their working kitchen. I'm sure Maria would approve!
Aww, bless Kathy. She's right, of course. However if Dick and Angel did it fanny definately won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The university is lovely too- albeit had its fair share of controversies. Its was very international as well. lots of students for China and also from the EU go there. ( pre brexit) I think the finance school they have is well known among that world
---
And there's the law college on the Portsmouth road at St Catherine's. I think that growing up there, going to school there, having a fair few jobs etc., there jaded me a bit. I see the attraction for outsiders, it is an attractive town with a wonderful history, lots of culture, good schools, good road and rail links, international airports close - but I don't miss it.
---
Not been on here for a couple of days so was expecting to be so far behind but only 13 pages to catch up on. Seems nothing scandalous has come to light this week then.
My son who moved out on 1st January is moving back home today and is bring a lot more than when he left.
I’m waiting for his next load to turn up.☹
This is a typical English sized single garage. Most people can’t get there cars in these days as they are too wide.
He's lucky to know he can go back. You must have a good relationship. What I want to know is how they accumulate so much stuff in a short space of time!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
(A): Selmar has been included this year for Easter festivities at the chateau...
(B): Selmar has outlived his usefulness and will not be included in any Easter festivities, this year or ever...
Interesting comment on one of Billy's recent vlogs......someone mentioned Selmar and Billy says "that drunkard needs to stay off YouTube!"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
OH MY GOD!
That was hysterically funny!
I missed this little dust-up in the comments section. Who knew stealing a broccoli casserole could get under someone's skin like that!
Back to deep cleaning my kitchen - because, unlike Stephanie, when I have guests round for Spring (Easter) brunch, I like my guests to know they won't die of ptomaine!!
I am doing the same have guests arriving tomorrow have even cleaned the sodding windows oh and I have enough food, wine and Champagne for them all they don't have to BTO

Snorts would bust something over my table setting-new table cloth with strawberries, gooseberries in pink and green and muted red. My flowers I have lots of different height parian jugs in white filled with hellebores, ranunculus, anemones, fennel, eucalyptus, white daffy, clematis, all very Spring like. I am busting out the Spode a subtle white plate with a single spring flower on each in green and white.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
The Ghost of Easter's Past....
🤢 Ewk. The grabby, clawey hand taking the chocolate rabbit. And is that nasty natzi showing phyll-arse her buzzy love egg. I expect they went behind the bushes so she could show him where it goes and how it works 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I think we all agree, from the comments section:

View attachment 2085742
Kathy Richards
25 minutes ago
If it had been me, I would have redone the rear kitchen with stainless steel worktops and cabinetry. Much easier to keep clean, hard wearing and hygienic. Doesn't have to be expensive either. Similar to how Dick and Angel designed their working kitchen. I'm sure Maria would approve!
Oh totally ! And if having guests etc should really have been one of the first rooms to be done

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve been out of the loop since having a knee replacement this week so just catching up. So what’s happened to Tony in Escape to the Dream? Had a quick look back but can’t find any reference to why he’s not in the vlogs anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Cheek I’ll have you know that floor is cleaned once a year whether it needs it or not.
Madame P - that's one more time a year than Fanny cleans her floor, let alone cleans much else at the shitoo.
---
I’ve been out of the loop since having a knee replacement this week so just catching up. So what’s happened to Tony in Escape to the Dream? Had a quick look back but can’t find any reference to why he’s not in the vlogs anymore.
Hope you're doing well Duchyann56 & here's to a speedy recovery!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am doing the same have guests arriving tomorrow have even cleaned the sodding windows oh and I have enough food, wine and Champagne for them all they don't have to BTO

Snorts would bust something over my table setting-new table cloth with strawberries, gooseberries in pink and green and muted red. My flowers I have lots of different height parian jugs in white filled with hellebores, ranunculus, anemones, fennel, eucalyptus, white daffy, clematis, all very Spring like. I am busting out the Spode a subtle white plate with a single spring flower on each in green and white.
Sounds wonderful what time do you want me 😂
---
Not been on here for a couple of days so was expecting to be so far behind but only 13 pages to catch up on. Seems nothing scandalous has come to light this week then.
My son who moved out on 1st January is moving back home today and is bring a lot more than when he left.
I’m waiting for his next load to turn up.☹
This is a typical English sized single garage. Most people can’t get there cars in these days as they are too wide.
Oh I really feel for you ! I have 4 who’ve left and come back more times than I care to remember and my top floor used as their personal stowage space I should charge them !

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.