The Chateau Diaries #230 Philip is the bouillion cube of arm candy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came across an interesting article about ADHD and Narcissists that may shed some light on the dynamic between SJ and Michael Petherick. People with ADHD can have a tendency to become fixated on things…a task, a process, or even a person. It said that when a person with ADHD first meets someone they find interesting, they will fixate on that new interest. Conversely, when a narcissist meets someone they find interesting (usually to feed their narc supply), they will “love bomb” that person in the initial phase. The person with ADHD, who is fixated on the narcissist, is almost overwhelmed by the love bombing…to the point where he or she believes the narc has “cured” them of their ADHD. So, when the narc ultimately discards the person with ADHD, it can be devastating. That appears to be what happened between Michael and SJ. Michael says he has ADHD, was love bombed by SJ (they were “besties” for a while) and was then discarded when Snorts came along. When Michael was being love bombed by SJ, he was on a “high”…did some of his best work. But when he was discarded, he really fell off the wagon. Maybe his trip to Madrid, and all the fallout, was an effort to deal with being discarded by SJ for Snorts…someone Michael had slept with and who was now bedding his “best friend.” Michael was probably dealing with a major “mind f**k” thanks to his best friend Stephanie!

IMG_3037.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Just out of curiosity have you ever been prescribed an anti-depressant? Specifically a Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor or it’s close relative a Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Re-uptake Inhibitor? They work by stimulating the production of those two brain chemicals, though like most psychotropic meds their action is imperfectly understood. Do you know which two brain chemicals control appetite and hunger? Serotonin and Norepinephrine. In some patients this results in constant, hellish hunger, never feeling full and desperate mind numbing cravings for absolute junk. Sugar and fats, salt and fats, horrible processed zero nutrient foods, anything you can possibly shove in your gob to stop this terrifying single mindedness. It’s the most awful feeling of lost control, body betrayal and self recrimination. You become trapped in a cycle of self fulfilling prophecy that is deadly. I have personal experience with this. It took me years of supervised experimenting with the available meds to find the right combination for my specific form of mental illness. I have Major Depressive Disorder, Mixed Affective State and that all time favorite, Bipolar 2. Not to mention a raging case of PTSD from a childhood of torment physically, mentally and sexually. Mental health is a very poorly understood field because it is so difficult to preform empirical studies. Everyone is different and presents with individual symptoms. I am not saying that Andrew has any of these issues. It’s just as likely as not he’s a glutton. But there are myriad different reasons that could be at the root of it. Not just a personality flaw. At one point in an early vlog he showed a picture of himself in younger years, very fit and handsome driving a convertible. One doesn’t naturally go from that to his current state without there being a reason. It could be something as simple as a bad example in his family. It could just as easily be biochemical or psychological. We don’t know. I can tell you from personal experience that what Andrew is doing is committing slow suicide by eating himself to death. And I can honestly say I hope he’s reading here and sees this. Maybe it will wake him up and lead him to get help. He very obviously sees financial success as the only option he has to offer. And that is a human life wasted. Apologies to all for the rant, but I have skin in this game and it’s important to me to get that out there. That is all, as you were.💖
I'll give you 2 guesses

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
A CD from the archives which I stumbled upon by accident and had never watched before. .

it posted in February 2020.. Worth watching in order to play the “compare and contrast” of what SJ said then vs things she has said since.

I can’t be bothered to try and find the CD (or maybe it was a Patreon vlog?) when Davey produced copies of old maps/plans of the lake/chateau grounds. I know the Cassini river mapping (published in the 1740s?) was mentioned but simply can’t remember whether Davey put Cassini into the lake equatio, and it came - apparently -as a surprise to SJ, or whether she said she knew about that the Cassini map and its relevance to the Lalande emptied puddle lake debacle - a debacle entirely of her own making.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I came across an interesting article about ADHD and Narcissists that may shed some light on the dynamic between SJ and Michael Petherick. People with ADHD can have a tendency to become fixated on things…a task, a process, or even a person. It said that when a person with ADHD first meets someone they find interesting, they will fixate on that new interest. Conversely, when a narcissist meets someone they find interesting (usually to feed their narc supply), they will “love bomb” that person in the initial phase. The person with ADHD, who is fixated on the narcissist, is almost overwhelmed by the love bombing…to the point where he or she believes the narc has “cured” them of their ADHD. So, when the narc ultimately discards the person with ADHD, it can be devastating. That appears to be what happened between Michael and SJ. Michael says he has ADHD, was love bombed by SJ (they were “besties” for a while) and was then discarded when Snorts came along. When Michael was being love bombed by SJ, he was on a “high”…did some of his best work. But when he was discarded, he really fell off the wagon. Maybe his trip to Madrid, and all the fallout, was an effort to deal with being discarded by SJ for Snorts…someone Michael had slept with and who was now bedding his “best friend.” Michael was probably dealing with a major “mind f**k” thanks to his best friend Stephanie!

View attachment 2071176
Spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 2071176
☹ it sounds plausible and applicable. I really feel sorry for MPK!

Kybourbon, thank you for the info you shared. You have enlightened me! The little digs in his last 2 flogs makes more sense now.
However he went on the madrid trip pre snorts. Unless of course, snorts was already courting SJ, while all he wanted was MPK.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
A CD from the archives which I stumbled upon by accident and had never watched before. .

it posted in February 2020.. Worth watching in order to play the “compare and contrast” of what SJ said then vs things she has said since.

I can’t be bothered to try and find the CD (or maybe it was a Patreon vlog?) when Davey produced copies of old maps/plans of the lake/chateau grounds. I know the Cassini river mapping (published in the 1740s?) was mentioned but simply can’t remember whether Davey put Cassini into the lake equatio, and it came - apparently -as a surprise to SJ, or whether she said she knew about that the Cassini map and its relevance to the Lalande emptied puddle lake debacle - a debacle entirely of her own making.

I remember seeing this vlog but I didn’t realize just how deranged she looks in the thumbnail! Positively disturbing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
☹ it sounds plausible and applicable. I really feel sorry for MPK!

Kybourbon, thank you for the info you shared. You have enlightened me! The little digs in his last 2 flogs makes more sense now.
However he went on the madrid trip pre snorts. Unless of course, snorts was already courting SJ, while all he wanted was MPK.
always have felt she caused a lot of angst for both Michael and FRK-they were both essentially ghosted

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Just out of curiosity have you ever been prescribed an anti-depressant? Specifically a Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor or it’s close relative a Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Re-uptake Inhibitor? They work by stimulating the production of those two brain chemicals, though like most psychotropic meds their action is imperfectly understood. Do you know which two brain chemicals control appetite and hunger? Serotonin and Norepinephrine. In some patients this results in constant, hellish hunger, never feeling full and desperate mind numbing cravings for absolute junk. Sugar and fats, salt and fats, horrible processed zero nutrient foods, anything you can possibly shove in your gob to stop this terrifying single mindedness. It’s the most awful feeling of lost control, body betrayal and self recrimination. You become trapped in a cycle of self fulfilling prophecy that is deadly. I have personal experience with this. It took me years of supervised experimenting with the available meds to find the right combination for my specific form of mental illness. I have Major Depressive Disorder, Mixed Affective State and that all time favorite, Bipolar 2. Not to mention a raging case of PTSD from a childhood of torment physically, mentally and sexually. Mental health is a very poorly understood field because it is so difficult to preform empirical studies. Everyone is different and presents with individual symptoms. I am not saying that Andrew has any of these issues. It’s just as likely as not he’s a glutton. But there are myriad different reasons that could be at the root of it. Not just a personality flaw. At one point in an early vlog he showed a picture of himself in younger years, very fit and handsome driving a convertible. One doesn’t naturally go from that to his current state without there being a reason. It could be something as simple as a bad example in his family. It could just as easily be biochemical or psychological. We don’t know. I can tell you from personal experience that what Andrew is doing is committing slow suicide by eating himself to death. And I can honestly say I hope he’s reading here and sees this. Maybe it will wake him up and lead him to get help. He very obviously sees financial success as the only option he has to offer. And that is a human life wasted. Apologies to all for the rant, but I have skin in this game and it’s important to me to get that out there. That is all, as you were.💖
I take those and don’t really have any problems. I eat one large meal a day and fast for about 12-14 hours. I fast because I’m not really hungry. I can’t sleep for tit without Ativan and Ambien but not other issues really.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She complains about creating content whilst complaining about her lot in life, which is her content. Frustrating. She makes things so hard for herself- hand washing things for her family then climbing over hill and dale to hang laundry etc . Ergonomics. Don’t stretch it. Economize every action. You have two small children, maybe tons of farm animals could be put on hold for a couple of years? If not, don’t kvetch about it, and if you must, don’t film it. It’s annoying.
The last vlog was painful to watch. Obsessing over testing and experimenting over a small pedestal sink tile backsplash followed by mould making and more testing. Just go to your local brico and buy some bleeping tiles already and be done with it.
In the previous vlog, Marc looked quite annoyed with her and I'm sure he'd rather be off on his own doing his thing but he's saddled with kids - and I think a 3rd is on its way - unless Amy is sporting a winter FUPA.

• Haha
  • Heart
I came across an interesting article about ADHD and Narcissists that may shed some light on the dynamic between SJ and Michael Petherick. ....Michael was probably dealing with a major “mind f**k” thanks to his best friend Stephanie.
So, he may be yet one more to add to the list of S. Jarvis's countless victims.

Reactions: 17
The last vlog was painful to watch. Obsessing over testing and experimenting over a small pedestal sink tile backsplash followed by mould making and more testing. Just go to your local brico and buy some bleeping tiles already and be done with it.
In the previous vlog, Marc looked quite annoyed with her and I'm sure he'd rather be off on his own doing his thing but he's saddled with kids - and I think a 3rd is on its way - unless Amy is sporting a winter FUPA.
Couldn't agree more she is not a designer and neither does she have the skill, if she wants hand made you can buy those. Rebecca bought her kitchen tiles off the shelf and they look great
---
Jacquelyn Corbin
1 day ago
IMHO make another laundry room.

1 reply

J7X0CLpevBodHf_vIUWc94bQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

caroline gooder
1 day ago (edited)
Ask that again in two years when they redo the kitchen.
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f602.png
This new system takes up less room. This room has always housed the system being so centralized in the chateau. They also send out a lot of the laundry now. Remember all the B&B laundry with the old fashioned linens can now be sent out, as they finally found a local business. All the rest is done in this laundry by a rota system.The closest room to replace this laundry is the new boot room or one of the storage rooms across the workyard that has no water or electricity.
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f602.png

---
World of surprises
1 day ago
I hope my comment is not deleted. Stephanie said she is tired and too busy to do the Sunday blog (which I totally get it), as a patron i would like to know if her new travelling channel with Ollie strong will distract her from restoring the chateau, and the effort will be on travelling and YouTube ? It is important to have a balance between personal life and the chateau, but as a patron I would expect the effort to be done at the chateau… all the global travelling will make her lose a lot of support …

8 replies

caroline gooder
1 day ago (edited)
Stephanie said she is doing her annual paperwork, even doing such work, while Philip drives the van. You are a patron per your words, and then you start talking about filmed vlogs made last year and not published. You already get longer vlogs than non-patrons, so I am puzzled. Do you want more patron vlogs? Do you want cleaning vlogs before the start of the B&B season. Do you want hours of raw footage of the heating crew working, which might not be what that company wants. I and many fans want to see the vlogs filmed with Ollie last year. If they go out under Stephanie's European Tour channel or another channel, we will watch them also. We love seeing the interaction between Ollie and Stephanie.

560FxQ9bh2aL_FkjlSOsRGTA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder yes I am a patron. Why are you attacking me? I asked a fair question, don’t need to be so aggressive. Gosh!

World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder are you answering on behalf of Stephanie/Lalande? If so, please let me know and I will unsubscribe. I do not wish to deal with such unpleasant person. Please do not interact with me in this channel nor on patreon.

caroline gooder
1 day ago
Now I understand that you want to use a general comment section but be a private Patron at the same time.
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f602.png

World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder I expect normal sensible people to reply. Not a barking dog !

tANZJRlAMIBOM4dBaV6SjMbg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Sheilagh K
18 hours ago
@World of surprises normal sensible person here. Ask your questions on patreon if indeed you are one.

World of surprises
13 hours ago
@Sheilagh K I have asked, (maybe not with these exact words), but my comment always gets deleted(hence why I asked not to be deleted)….

leLDXi-xx633I24uEFMUEsfQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
11 hours ago
the website says they will be doing weekly travel vlogs so that is. a lot of filming

leLDXi-xx633I24uEFMUEsfQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
11 hours ago
@caroline gooder she has reduced her vlogging again this year and the patreon account was initially set up for restoration I think this person just wants to know if restorations will be happening and how can she say she is too tired to do Sunday at the Chateau but launch yet another channel that is taking her travelling even more. I enjoy Oli but I do think questions can be asked from patreons without you piling on they are not attacking Stephanie and you and some of the others are so defensive bordering on aggressive it is off putting

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Couldn't agree more she is not a designer and neither does she have the skill, if she wants hand made you can buy those. Rebecca bought her kitchen tiles off the shelf and they look great
---
Jacquelyn Corbin
1 day ago
IMHO make another laundry room.

1 reply

View attachment 2071596
caroline gooder
1 day ago (edited)
Ask that again in two years when they redo the kitchen.View attachment 2071597View attachment 2071598View attachment 2071599 This new system takes up less room. This room has always housed the system being so centralized in the chateau. They also send out a lot of the laundry now. Remember all the B&B laundry with the old fashioned linens can now be sent out, as they finally found a local business. All the rest is done in this laundry by a rota system.The closest room to replace this laundry is the new boot room or one of the storage rooms across the workyard that has no water or electricity.View attachment 2071600View attachment 2071601

---
World of surprises
1 day ago
I hope my comment is not deleted. Stephanie said she is tired and too busy to do the Sunday blog (which I totally get it), as a patron i would like to know if her new travelling channel with Ollie strong will distract her from restoring the chateau, and the effort will be on travelling and YouTube ? It is important to have a balance between personal life and the chateau, but as a patron I would expect the effort to be done at the chateau… all the global travelling will make her lose a lot of support …

8 replies

View attachment 2071606
caroline gooder
1 day ago (edited)
Stephanie said she is doing her annual paperwork, even doing such work, while Philip drives the van. You are a patron per your words, and then you start talking about filmed vlogs made last year and not published. You already get longer vlogs than non-patrons, so I am puzzled. Do you want more patron vlogs? Do you want cleaning vlogs before the start of the B&B season. Do you want hours of raw footage of the heating crew working, which might not be what that company wants. I and many fans want to see the vlogs filmed with Ollie last year. If they go out under Stephanie's European Tour channel or another channel, we will watch them also. We love seeing the interaction between Ollie and Stephanie.

View attachment 2071607
World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder yes I am a patron. Why are you attacking me? I asked a fair question, don’t need to be so aggressive. Gosh!

View attachment 2071608
World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder are you answering on behalf of Stephanie/Lalande? If so, please let me know and I will unsubscribe. I do not wish to deal with such unpleasant person. Please do not interact with me in this channel nor on patreon.

View attachment 2071609
caroline gooder
1 day ago
Now I understand that you want to use a general comment section but be a private Patron at the same time. View attachment 2071610View attachment 2071611View attachment 2071612

View attachment 2071613
World of surprises
1 day ago
@caroline gooder I expect normal sensible people to reply. Not a barking dog !

View attachment 2071614
Sheilagh K
18 hours ago
@World of surprises normal sensible person here. Ask your questions on patreon if indeed you are one.

View attachment 2071615
World of surprises
13 hours ago
@Sheilagh K I have asked, (maybe not with these exact words), but my comment always gets deleted(hence why I asked not to be deleted)….

View attachment 2071616
Zed Blackworth
11 hours ago
the website says they will be doing weekly travel vlogs so that is. a lot of filming

View attachment 2071617
Zed Blackworth
11 hours ago
@caroline gooder she has reduced her vlogging again this year and the patreon account was initially set up for restoration I think this person just wants to know if restorations will be happening and how can she say she is too tired to do Sunday at the Chateau but launch yet another channel that is taking her travelling even more. I enjoy Oli but I do think questions can be asked from patreons without you piling on they are not attacking Stephanie and you and some of the others are so defensive bordering on aggressive it is off putting
Looks like they've deleted Zed's comments. Interesting, as they weren't rude or negative.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Amy you will stop whinging and the room will be done quicker and probably look better too. Rebecca at La Ruche used faded Delft

Reactions: 15
Reading the latest No Gooder remarks makes me think that they have Brenda Gibbons behind them. Never thought that before but I do now.
As I can’t see comments on the CD channel and am not a Patreon so can’t see there either can someone confirm whether Brenda comments a lot under her own name.

I love this! And, when you watch through to the end, you'll understand why I broke a hip just watching them!

• Heart
What’s even worse is why she has that creepy doll. According to Clara, Tess’s mother really wanted grandchildren but Tess didn’t. So, Tess got the doll as her “child”…and as a way to “stick it” to her mother. What kind of f***ed up family dynamic is that? Maybe her mother was pestering her about children and this was Tess’s way to shut her up…I don’t know. But it’s like she enjoys playing sick mind games rather than being the adult.

View attachment 2070884
Oh she wants a child very much, it just hasn't happened. It needs to be a girl and she even got the name picked out already. If it does turn out to be a boy she has claimed her grandfathers name for it too. I very much doubt Tess Hoffman knows anything about how babies are being made, so fingers crossed it never happens. Poor child. If what she's doing with that doll is even a mild prediction of what she would do with a real kid, I just can't imagine. Really sick. And her mother not only condones it, but plays along.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
So, Dan has put his battery powered guirlandes around his sh*thole and reached 4K a month in grifting this week.
He still doesn’t seem to have another statut in France to accommodate what he is doing now. He is still registered as a gardener (sans van).
He must declare everything through his gardener status which if we look at just patreon would be roughly…..

4K in income
I know he’ll have some overheads but let’s just presume patreon is profit.

20% of that is Tva

3,3k left

Social charges at 46% if he is under système réel but I suspect he is mini réel (reduces social charges to 24%) but then can’t claim any of his expenses back, only the tva which considering he doesn’t actually do much gardening for anyone this would be minimal.

That leaves under système réel

€1782 and before tax @ 15%

=£1603,80 a month.

Minimum wage in France =€1300 net per month,

= even patreon won’t pay for his dumb dream.
you think he knows that he has to pay a state its share? filthy chatelaine doesn't.

Oh she wants a child very much, it just hasn't happened. It needs to be a girl and she even got the name picked out already. If it does turn out to be a boy she has claimed her grandfathers name for it too. I very much doubt Tess Hoffman knows anything about how babies are being made, so fingers crossed it never happens. Poor child. If what she's doing with that doll is even a mild prediction of what she would do with a real kid, I just can't imagine. Really sick. And her mother not only condones it, but plays along.
Oh my! I thought she didn’t want any kids! Well…she’d better hurry up! Tick Tock! 😆

@Clara Burnett I apologize…this is the quote I recalled from memory. When you said “Tess and her brother weren’t complying” with having a grandchild, I just assumed it was because she didn’t want children, not that she couldn’t for some reason. Regardless…that doll thing is weird! 😳

IMG_4982.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.