The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brief off topic post: Have you heard about the programs where little kids read to cats in shelters in order to increase their reading skills and also help the cats at the same time? My friend’s 7 year old daughter has a weekly appointment at the local no kill shelter to read to cats in order to improve her reading skills.

Here is an article detailing a typical cat reading program for kids and the ways both cats and people benefit from the having stories read to the cats.Evidently many cats love having stories read to them.

1674619058696.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Well, we've all had some drama and trauma in our childhoods, but when you finally become an adult, it's time to own up and get on with it. Not easy, but doable. I have a brother that is still stuck in his angry at dad stage of life even though he is in his 60s and dad is dead.
So agree........ you have to grow up, get over the stuff of the past and get on with it .
Sadly, many cannot but like you say - it sure is doable if you want to !

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Clara had mentioned in past posts that F4F’s favorite movie was Dangerous Liasons. Ole Fanny loves to stir the pot 24/7, routinely interjecting herself in other people’s dreams and relationships, creating drama by revealing secrets and private information about other people, routinely lying, “time traveling”, smoke and mirrors, and manufacturing drama, confusion, innuendo, and chaos daily without concern as to the damage she inflicts on most everyone who passes thru her orbit. She does so in order to keep focus off her failure to renovate or restore the Dump and detract from her incessant travel schedule.

She thinks she is acting in her personal movie, Dangerous LieLande Liasons or Dangerous Liasons: the LieLande edition.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ahhhh... don't let @Jules100 at that photo, I'm sure it's Mouse's reflection in the glass door not Brenda Gibbons
It’s Pippin’s reflection (the little red cutie). He would cremate himself, given the chance—he cannot get enough heat and gets too close, poor old fella. I have to pull him to safety. He just loves it. No Brenda Gibbons in Southern Oregon...

---

Well, we've all had some drama and trauma in our childhoods, but when you finally become an adult, it's time to own up and get on with it. Not easy, but doable. I have a brother that is still stuck in his angry at dad stage of life even though he is in his 60s and dad is dead.
Omg! Are you my sister? I have the exact same brother. I would love a sister... :m

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Just watched Manor & Maker (on viewpure) and that's 21 minutes of my life I can't get back.

Stephen & Sara have some admirable qualities. Unlike Fanny, they seem to:
- live within their means, rather than recklessly spend money like a ship-load of drunken sailors on shore leave.
- be honest and if their lips are moving you aren't automatically suspicious they are lying
- be humble and don't put on affected accents, extreme airs and posh aspirations (no smelly candles in their brand - although they don't seem to have a brand or personalities)

So why do Stephen & Sara vlogs irritate me so much: Whilst Fanny is completely over the top to the extreme, Stephen & Sara:
- are boring, dull, lifeless, humdrum. It's like watching paint dry and a sure cure for insomnia
- have little, if any, design style. God knows how Stephen made a living as a graphic designer. They have no sense of style, colour, proportions or panache
- are monotone and lack the gift of the gab. Atleast Fanny knows how to tell a story and can BS her way out of most situations, and if not, she'll keep a straight face and at least give it a good try
- serve dull food, engage in dry conversation, create pedestrian design, and host lifeless functions. Their vlogs are dull and they aren't getting any better. Their viewership, rankings & earnings are pathetic - hardly worth the effort. Time to throw in the towel and call it a day.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If I remember correctly, Dan didn't have very good role models...not the best family life....not Danfending! :sneaky:
I am not a huge Dan fan but I do feel sorry for him at the moment-he has really messed up but don't we all in life. He has got carried away and bought into a dream that is definitely not achievable. The Fanny brigade have gone to his head and we are all influenced by the people we hang around with, unfortunately he is in with a crowd who don't have his best interests at heart- you can imagine them all encouraging this folly.His association with Fanny has been so detrimental with them all blowing smoke up his scrawny arse-he believes he too is special a cinematographer, an influencer etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 23
OMG! What a hideous room. Where are the windows? Really, brown paint? It's so fugly! I can't stand it. Did I say I didn't like it? And whoever that guy is, he has a bad hairstyle.

---

You're thinking this through way too much. There will be no 'plan' for Dan, because Dan doesn't do plans. There will be no upscale blend of new and old because Dan has no imagination. There will be no restoration because Dan has no money. There will be no architect opinion because Dan knows it all and has no money. What there will be is ongoing decay and reforestation. I'm putting my money on the forest. 🤣 🌲
I remember when I first joined Tattle, when there were problems in the garden, farmhouse etc. Tattlers used to say "Dan will sort it". Being a Tattle virgin I remained quiet, but, I knew Dan knew sweet duck all about anything. Oh time is a wonderful thing, now I think the only one who thinks he is a genius is the gormless dipshit himself.

• Heart
With her misleading patreon flogs becoming publicly available again (hurray!) one cannot but wonder how long Stephanie Jarvis is able to continue to hide new structural problems, caused by her mismanagement of the building in the first place, by saying she has to wait for some additional surveys. Tattlers have unveiled before that it’s not just a matter of sagging beams in her not so grand salon (worsened by the walls she took out from underneath years ago, as she was told by the experts) but that there are many cracks in the outside walls above the room that she now admits needs extensive rebuilding, a.k.a. her dumping ground attic, next to her fantasy world Narnia with the heavy cupboards.

There is no responsible way she should be allowed to oversee spending any funds for structural work done to her CHMN anymore. If her “association” to restore the farmhouse has any legal standing, surely she has to be at least put under guardianship of someone with actual knowledge of the situation. Could that be the business that is keeping her mother from joining her husband in SA? I doubt it, as Isabelle Jarvis has never shared one bit of love for the place with her manic daughter and as far as she’s concerned the whole thing better collapsed today so they can be done with it.

Sidenote: cuz Armoir is NOT the expert needed and he knows this himself. Making him responsible anyway is yet another insensitive action of the charlataine, who's first priority is to shift all possible blame to someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just to play devil's advocate wouldn't that make her channel totally boring? I feel like her chaos is what makes her semi-successful in the youtube/grifting world. Even people here are waiting to see what happens next :)
You're not wrong, her true fans are voyeuristic busybodies wanting to be part of her world. But the chateau channels who have grown the most during last year are all making progress on their renovations. CD is not growing.

The Smugs: 354 000 subscribers
The Petherdicks: 248 000 subs

No growth channels:
Fanny, 214 000 and Michael, 240 000 subs

Almost all other channels have reached the 100 000 mark and are growing. Except Manor&Faker, The Beans, Chateau Perma-Smile of Love and Ollie's Magical hovel in Spain... Fanny has developed anti-Midas' touch.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
You're not wrong, her true fans are voyeuristic busybodies wanting to be part of her world. But the chateau channels who have grown the most during last year are all making progress on their renovations. CD is not growing.

The Smugs: 354 000 subscribers
The Petherdicks: 248 000 subs

No growth channels:
Fanny, 214 000 and Michael, 240 000 subs

Almost all other channels have reached the 100 000 mark and are growing. Except Manor&Faker, The Beans, Chateau Perma-Smile of Love and Ollie's Magical hovel in Spain... Fanny has developed anti-Midas' touch.
How much growth have the Smug's seen in a year? They started well after Fanny too.

Reactions: 10
215 000 new subs last year. Their channel's little over two years old.
Thank you, that is a tremendous growth arch. I imagine unless they get some humility they won't grow much this year, it does go to show how woeful Fanny's growth is. Her flog though has nothing to do with French life or renovation, it is a freak show of some daft bint trotting around in her compound of misfits and hangers on. Her lack of any real content and repeating the same old bilge year on year get's tiresome and even the most blind followers have to start realising she lies and does nothing. I think a lot of the cult followers don't know how much she is felching from patrons and YouTube.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thank you, that is a tremendous growth arch. I imagine unless they get some humility they won't grow much this year, it does go to show how woeful Fanny's growth is. Her flog though has nothing to do with French life or renovation, it is a freak show of some daft bint trotting around in her compound of misfits and hangers on. Her lack of any real content and repeating the same old bilge year on year get's tiresome and even the most blind followers have to start realising she lies and does nothing. I think a lot of the cult followers don't know how much she is felching.
Do you think the Fleuries are buying subscribers and inflating their views, like their fellow grifter Fanny?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think the Fleuries are buying subscribers and inflating their views, like their fellow grifter Fanny?
It does seem an amazing rate of growth for a niche subject, but how does buying subscribers help? They are obviously earning a lot of money from their Youtube channel as they have no other income and shut their B n B, they are already discounting their eau de avarice candles so that venture is not going to be a huge revenue stream. I imagine the candles will be discontinued as they are not going to have a great re-purchase turnover. either. When they first started the grift every penny counted they were under the cosh, big mortgage counting every penny-that is not the case anymore-even though they get free paint from Little Greene you can't buy a kitchen like theirs with Miele appliances and the best of everything without having a large income.

Reactions: 14
I’ll bet it’s totally bleeping freezing. Thats probably why he’s not there.
It could also be the case there is nobody at all...except Kim Raad...No builders...nobody..still Kim should have some heat?? i guess we will never know..

Dan really has no plan with the ruin...thats obvious to me by now...he uses it as a cliffhanger for content...the next move will be building a cabin....he can fill the whole spring and summer with that..Its all really odd..he has kids to support..where is his sense of resposibility..is all sad really..spending his best years on something that will never gonna be completed...because he has no money and no plan....but i guess Dan knows best...we will see..

Reactions: 17
It could also be the case there is nobody at all...except Kim Raad...No builders...nobody..still Kim should have some heat?? i guess we will never know..

Dan really has no plan with the ruin...thats obvious to me by now...he uses it as a cliffhanger for content...the next move will be building a cabin....he can fill the whole spring and summer with that..Its all really odd..he has kids to support..where is his sense of resposibility..is all sad really..spending his best years on something that will never gonna be completed...because he has no money and no plan....but i guess Dan knows best...we will see..
and ultimately is not going make him happy either., He could spend 20 years or more on it and by then he is retirement age with nothing to show for it but becoming a modern day Stig of the Dump. We can all fall in love with a property but you need enough money to renovate and live, Dan has neither. I suspect his kids will grow up with bad teeth and a lot of resentment.

• Heart
  • Sad

There 'might' be someone there.
From January 5 until January 16 @field.focused has been posting from HMN on her instagram.
A Tattler thought some of her early posts when she initially started posting were reposted older pics.
Her January 13 post showed forsythia and camellias in the garden bed under the pergola.
I wasn't sure if this was again a repost of an old pic.
Also I wasn't sure if forsythia and camellia are flowering in the northern hemisphere as yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The 'might' be someone at there.
From January 5 until January 16 @field.focused has been posting from HMN on her instagram.
A Tattler thought some of her early posts when she initially started posting were reposted older pics.
Her January 13 post showed forsythia and camellias in the garden bed under the pergola.
I wasn't sure if this was again a repost of an old pic.
Also I wasn't sure if forsythia and camellia are flowering in the northern hemisphere as yet.
No not flowering yet-who is Kim Raad?

Reactions: 8
No not flowering yet-who is Kim Raad?
Hmm.
Interesting.
Possibly more old pics being reposted.
She inferred she had been working in the garden bed.

Kim Raad.
I can't remember her background.
But I do remember she was there at Christmas.
I think she is Dutch but not sure.

Reactions: 9
If the chateau collapses, the Floor Scrubber might be able to move in with Pilly at Chateau Strife. I hear he might be single. He’s got a chapel!

ECB18F69-05DB-460A-B434-39E1598D3EF2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.