The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she did a good job on the curtains...i would have put a thick lining behind it..thought...now they look so thin...not a rich look..the material is nice..but clashes completley with those ugly grey chairs...and the rest...a good try thought...they will get there. tastewise....i hope..šŸ™„
I don't mind the curtain fabric, but draw the line at the shape of the pelmet and the beaded fringe. Neither do I like the grey wingback chairs - wrong colour and way too big for the space. And the non-matching throw blankets did nothing to enhance them. Pro-tip for them - don't buy Hermes throws. It's an awkward room shape for that big heavy four poster bed. Notice too that new bed curtains were only attached to the end of the bed frame and not the pillow end. I like the prints, however, the shabby effort at framing them wasn't the way to go. Yes, it's fine to buy cheap frames at Emmaus to use, I do it myself, but to hang them with the chipped old paint doesn't doesn't suggest antique or vintage - it just makes the frames look damaged because they are. Despite what Steve said, I'd have put proper matt-board surrounding the prints too. Still, I give them credit for trying and I wish them sweet dreams in their new bedroom. They love it and that's what matters. They've done a far superior job of it that Fanny would have ever done. She'd have smothered the walls in some god-awful and woefully expensive print, put kitchy nick-knacks on every surface, brought in a drinks fridge, then added a chandelier that would dominate the the room. She would have also hung it too low, stunning anyone who entered the room into unconsciousness when they inevitably wacked their skull into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Looking for opinions. Just watched Danā€™s latest videoā€¦where he builds the roof and calls it ā€œpracticeā€ for the chateau roof. I was wonderingā€¦should Dan try to restore his chateau to its original state? ORā€¦should he use whatā€™s left of the chateau (the ā€œshellā€) as the starting point for something new? Instead of recreating what was there, maybe build a more modern, contemporary structure that incorporates the old? I donā€™t know what would be better. Normally I would say the chateau should be restored to the original, but his chateau is so far gone maybe itā€™s an opportunity to do something different? Personally, I think it would be easier, cheaper, and faster if he DIDNā€™T try to restore the chateau strictly back to its original state. I know there was a similar debate about how to rebuild Notre Dame before it was finally decided to restore the cathedral to the way it was before the fire (but, of course, Danā€™s chateau isnā€™t as iconic as Notre Dame). Either way, I think Dan would be wise to get the opinion of an architect before starting any significant work on his chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Has Angie taken a break from all of the chateau strife? Whoā€™s going to paint the leather couch????????

View attachment 1908117
OMG! What a hideous room. Where are the windows? Really, brown paint? It's so fugly! I can't stand it. Did I say I didn't like it? And whoever that guy is, he has a bad hairstyle.

---

Looking for opinions. Just watched Danā€™s latest videoā€¦where he builds the roof and calls it ā€œpracticeā€ for the chateau roof. I was wonderingā€¦should Dan try to restore his chateau to its original state? ORā€¦should he use whatā€™s left of the chateau (the ā€œshellā€) as the starting point for something new? Instead of recreating what was there, maybe build a more modern, contemporary structure that incorporates the old? I donā€™t know what would be better. Normally I would say the chateau should be restored to the original, but his chateau is so far gone maybe itā€™s an opportunity to do something different? Personally, I think it would be easier, cheaper, and faster if he DIDNā€™T try to restore the chateau strictly back to its original state. I know there was a similar debate about how to rebuild Notre Dame before it was finally decided to restore the cathedral to the way it was before the fire (but, of course, Danā€™s chateau isnā€™t as iconic as Notre Dame). Either way, I think Dan would be wise to get the opinion of an architect before starting any significant work on his chateau.
You're thinking this through way too much. There will be no 'plan' for Dan, because Dan doesn't do plans. There will be no upscale blend of new and old because Dan has no imagination. There will be no restoration because Dan has no money. There will be no architect opinion because Dan knows it all and has no money. What there will be is ongoing decay and reforestation. I'm putting my money on the forest. šŸ¤£ šŸŒ²

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Dan has moved into a gnome appartment..:eek:it would be fine for tartanterror... but Dan is a bit taller...well..at least he is honest about it...sleep well Dan...and take a bath...not a shower :LOL: i guess there isnt much of a nice view either....šŸ™„ no wonder it was available at a short notice...

It reminded me of Hyacint and Richard buying a chateau appartment.... :LOL: and she even invited guests there for one of her candlelight suppers....:rolleyes:

I do think Clara is right..he clearly isnt welcome at Lalande anymore..or he doesnt want to go there...no matter what Madame Fanny likes to put out in her vlogs...there is clearly something going on...
Canā€™t have permanent non working company!!

also never piss off your hairdresser

---

Whenever I scratch my head, baffled, and wonder why in the world anyone would give Fanny money every month, I remember itā€™s the same people who would buy thisā€¦

View attachment 1905682

A sucker is born every minute!
Every second

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I would do a brand new structure insideā€¦ Wonā€™t even try to restore what was there. Kind of like Venetian buildings where they kept the facade but inside is a modern building.

Now it doesnā€™t need to be modern style, but it can be something more practical than recreating wood carvings and restoring to the exact style and floor plan of the previous building.

That building is beyond restoreā€¦ you need to recreate.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
OMG! What a hideous room. Where are the windows? Really, brown paint? It's so fugly! I can't stand it. Did I say I didn't like it? And whoever that guy is, he has a bad hairstyle.

---

You're thinking this through way too much. There will be no 'plan' for Dan, because Dan doesn't do plans. There will be no upscale blend of new and old because Dan has no imagination. There will be no restoration because Dan has no money. There will be no architect opinion because Dan knows it all and has no money. What there will be is ongoing decay and reforestation. I'm putting my money on the forest. šŸ¤£ šŸŒ²
So Dan is not only manless but planless also?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We had an electric blower built right in to our wood burning stove, which required an electrical outlet to be installed when we had the stove installed. However, they do make the blowers that sit on top of the stoves that spin/operate just by the rising heat (same physics as a German Christmas pyramid). They do help to push the hot air into the room and spread the heat (if the ceilings are not too high). She's clueless. She's a bad actress. And I still say she's stupid. I will grant that she is smart on how to scam people, but she's a stupid person to not have a little foresight as to where this is all heading. Here are Pippin and Mouse, in their favorite spot on a cold winter day.
Ahhhh... don't let @Jules100 at that photo, I'm sure it's Mouse's reflection in the glass door not Brenda Gibbons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I would do a brand new structure insideā€¦ Wonā€™t even try to restore what was there. Kind of like Venetian buildings where they kept the facade but inside is a modern building.

Now it doesnā€™t need to be modern style, but it can be something more practical than recreating wood carvings and restoring to the exact style and floor plan of the previous building.

I agree. The skills, time, energy, and cost to recreate the flooring, paneling, ceilings alone would be massive. I wonder if itā€™s finally dawned on Dan just how huge the chateau project will be? I have to think his chateau is a big reason why Dan and Annalise are no longer together. I donā€™t think she wanted anything to do with that placeā€¦itā€™s HIS dream.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

He should take a look at the way damaged historic buildings in the UK are remade. Planning permission usually requires the new sections and restored connections be contemporary as opposed to recreating what was original.

44A49E08-6D55-4A10-BD54-1C43038A6FCD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
He should take a look at the way damaged historic buildings in the UK are remade. Planning permission usually requires the new sections and restored connections be contemporary as opposed to recreating what was original.

View attachment 1908309
I really like the way the old and new are combined and work together. It might not be the right choice for every situation, but when so much of the original is lost I think it makes sense.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
She's not stupid! She's even smart, very smart.
The people who pay her $36,000 every month are stupid, and half of them think it's ok for SJ to spend the money as she wants.
And yes. LL is falling apart, but it has been falling apart for a long time. That's no surprise. As for SJ, LL never had heating, LL doesn't need heating even now because she spends the winters traveling. Now she just has more money to choose destinations.
Stephanie is very smart.
Let LL fall apart, there is no one to leave it to anyway.
My thoughts too. In fact I don't think there is any money saved. She has lived high on the hog since realizing she could do it on other peoples money and she has no shame at all. She is so obvious that she now doesn't care what we all think of her. Her coterie of supporters believe everything she says and so long as she keeps giving them a sob story she will continue to suck them dry. I think she is loathsome!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It just amazes me that seeing as she's a French speaker, French Mother she blames everyone else by saying she didn't understand this or didn't understand that. Utter bollocks, they just didn't say the things she wanted to hear so she ignored it all and now we have the tears.

Agreed.
She also said she was completely alone at the chateau at the time and felt pressured to empty the lake.
What a load of absolute nonsense.
Physically, she may have been by herself at the chateau but she has a mother and stepfather, as well as Potts and Larkin, all of whom she could have consulted.
She has her beloved pink phone. She knows how to zoom. They were and are, only a phone call away.
I do not believe for a minute that Potts and Larkin would have sat back and said . . . 'Yeah, that's a great idea Steph. Empty the lake.'

'I'm all alone' is one of her go to ploys when she is in a jam.
The mess with the lake. Her falling down chateau.
It's never her fault.
At various times sheā€™s told various stories, including that Baghead and Potty were both there and figured out how to open the sluice gates. Sheā€™s said she was alone and pressured into it by the Water Police, it was to comply with new regs or was going to cost money she didnā€™t have. In other words, she has many excuses, many stories and no real facts are known. Well, other than the lake is empty and ultimately sheā€™s at fault. Amended rule applies. Her mouth is moving, thereā€™s a more than 99.9% chance the grifter queen is lying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you karma!

Knowing what we know this actually made me laugh! She spoke softly, taking pauses sitting in front of the fire in silence and alone šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®. The gay twink coming in with more bad news...you could see 1 tear stream on both cheeks. No tears though! Guess it was water. Next time put some menthol under your eyes so it will make you cry!
This was bad acting even for a z lister
Fanny, the ultimate drama queen, is a bad actor acting badly and PhiPhi is her understudy. Close the curtains before the set collapses!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Err, it's a candle Philipp! Explain to me how a candle is an "object of lasting beauty"?

Once one burns the highly overpriced candle, one is left with a small glass holder that's too small for a flower arrangement and too big for an egg cup. It'll end up shoved to the back of a cupboard and forgotten, another dust collector. Lasting beauty, my arse.
Anything that collects dust, I throw that tit away, canā€™t be bothered.

Oh, and Fanny is as phony as they come. That was the biggest load of fake despair I have ever seen. Such a ā€˜catastropheā€™ yet the two of ā€˜em managed to buy a ton of junk and travel to assuage their deep despair.

Filled with the devil my gramma wouldā€™ve said. They surely are in need of the good Lord. I would tell her, gramma, itā€™s much too late for that, the evil has burrowed in much too deep, like a blood sucking tick. No where for these two heathens to go, but to sink deeper into the bowels of hellā€¦look away all good people, and hope and pray the wicked stays contained.

( What a racket they got goinā€™. )

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree. The skills, time, energy, and cost to recreate the flooring, paneling, ceilings alone would be massive. I wonder if itā€™s finally dawned on Dan just how huge the chateau project will be? I have to think his chateau is a big reason why Dan and Annalise are no longer together. I donā€™t think she wanted anything to do with that placeā€¦itā€™s HIS dream.
It does seem to have all happened at the same time, she went with him and the kids originally... then they split up..

---

View attachment 1908309
I actually don't like that. I've never seen it before, so I haven't had time to consider it, but first impressions, it's a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Years ago, every English speaking person in France had a blog about living there. I read them all, including one American girl who'd fallen in love with a French farmer at some sort of kumbayah young peoples' international meeting. Very smart, very humble background, college educated as he was not. She lived with him in the middle of nowhere, getting the civil union thing done, citizenship moves, wedding planning, furnishing a home -- until he ran off with the tart from the village bar. Totally Frenched Out was the name of her blog thereafter -- went to Paris, got a really good job and a really good French hubz......Aaaaaaaaanyway, I'll never forget the essays she did on the cheapness of French farmers and their incredibly crappy doing up of crumbling corners of the barn as gites. With fanciful stylish touches.
Dan's gnome apartment reminds me of these 15-year-old descriptions of the gnome apartments d'antan. The jaunty pix of the dog in the hat and bowtie really set off the just-kill-me now sofa and the astonishing tile work in the stove niche. The ladder upstairs. The balls it takes to advertise $30-a-night accommodation no one 6'2" can stand up in. The red toilet seat. This will be la France profonde.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why
Found Dan's airbnb. 29 a night. Clearly warns about the low height ceilings.
is he not staying at the chateau where he could pick up some work and cook again? Is he too good to work there? Or is there no room at the Chateau with 40 rooms? Iā€™m sure they could use the extra help to find a place to store all that new furniture and deal with all the moving of things for the heating.
nothing here makes sense.

Reactions: 15
I think she did, and she shared the dream. In the very first vlog which featured the chateau, when Dan and Annalise with kids in tow went for a walk about the place, it was Annalise who was the most encouraging about the ruin. She continually tried to point out features to Dan, to engage him in her enthusiasm for what's left of the building and he remained pretty much unresponsive to her. Perhaps she dreamed of them both doing the place up together for them and living there as a family. But he was so uncommunicative, basically ignoring her. Perhaps it was then, when he first saw that shell of a chateau, that he formulated plans that didn't include her. šŸ¤”

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.