The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t get the “sexy Dana” thing. Always looks like she could do with a good scrub.
I think BJJ must be styling her hair! We're all struggling in lockdown, but put it up or tie it back if it looks that awful.
I think she believes her own hype - good for her, I'm not into putting down others for their looks - but her attentionseeking-ness is on par with SJ, and that is what I find so off-putting about Dana. (n)

Reactions: 16
I think she believes her own hype - good for her, I'm not into putting down others for their looks - but her attentionseeking-ness is on par with SJ, and that is what I find so off-putting about Dana. (n)
Yes on all counts. Every time SJ swung the camera in her direction, she popped a hip and struck a pose. I did think the green velvet dress might be nice as a cushion material.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Dana is my least favourite person on the VLOG. She gives me the creeps.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
No wonder IJ only had one kid... must've been a difficult birth... SJ probably came into this world holding a box in her hands... Never without one, is she?
I was wondering if she's ever sent her 'good friend Kim ' a box of gifts? As Kim is always brings gifts to LOTL? She's Always on the receiving grabbing end.

Reactions: 7
Off topic & not to offend anyone : a try to settle the 'Château or not Château' issue.
I've read some comments about it

First, it's not a -too boring ? I hope- lecture on the history of the medieval French history (if interrested, please read authors : DUMEZIL, DUBY & al..). But I'd like to see myself as a "connoiseur, an enlightened amateur" on the topic -touring many a château in France : Valley of river Loire, Ile de France : surroundings of Paris (Versailles, Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, ..)

In short :
1: castle derives from the Latin, ancient Roman language, castrum (= fortified place) then castellum (= castrum's resident) . Idem chester in Uk : old English word for a Roman fortification ;

2: manor house derives from the Latin word 'manere' = residence. (in French = manoir)

The difference between the 2 isn't obvious, clear; however the agreement states : castle and manor were managed by a local, rural, lower nobility member (not attending the Royal Court) . NB : sometimes, the purchase of administrative function give you a tittle (in exchange of money to the Treasure). In French : acheter une charge, un titre.

So a château/ a manor features a main house, outbuildings (barn stables ..) making 1 or 2 wings, a or 2 3 turrets with spiral staircase adjoining onto the house, defending moat (if flat ground).

A misuse of language leads to name any building of some importance in rural France a castle (so castle doesn't imply nobility).

The châteaux - the genuine,lavish ones- are mainly in "la vallée de la Loire" between the towns of Blois and Angers - area called 'le jardin de la France'- with Chenonceau, Amboise, Cheverny, Chambord, and in the outskirts of Paris (the owners of these châteaux were wealthy members of the nobility).

At the end, Shäto de la Lande is a merely building (one among thousands) - with some historic features.

To call oneself : I'm the châtelaine de .. is making a serious 'grand faux pas' . A châtelaine -owner with a little of nobility and especially education) woud say : I'm the resident of the house. Otherwise you make an idiot of yourself. People say 'la châtelaine' -also 'la baronne'- to mock the people .... sorry for the French : pêter plus haut que son cul = word for word : to fart above one's arse

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Already a contender for Thread #22. Madame la Chatelaine: Pêter plus haut que son cul
(meaning word for word : to fart above one's arse)

Thank you @arthur !

• Heart
  • Haha
Their landlord must be delighted with all the effort they put into their rental chateau ..... such great tenants ..... it’s such a drab looking building.... not helped by the Joker’s poor taste levels ( Phillips wife can’t be bothered to find out her name)
I use this YouTube channel at night when I can’t sleep .....half their video views are probably from me when I can’t get to sleep at night ..... I also use ad blocker ... heaven forbid they would make any money out of my insomnia
The landlord is most probably themselves as quoted in a previous thread. Financial arrangements. He has created a company (he is the director of it) and this company bought the château. All the official stuff was in the comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Possibly a leftover chocolate orange at Christmas?
Maybe she would have appreciated the gift sent to MPK more than he did as it was still in the box 8 weeks later and Billy put it in with the rubbish while MPK was 'AWAY'. We know where but the Trotters aren't saying.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Over on Insta poor Ruby is fighting with the local cats and they don’t know what to do about it. Maybe get him neutered as people keep telling them 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Over on Insta poor Ruby is fighting with the local cats and they don’t know what to do about it. Maybe get him neutered as people keep telling them 🙄
Maybe get Teabag done at the same time? Might stop him wandering!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Two Rivers media has investment from Channel 4. D&A are now with two rivers based in Glasgow. It's probably signed with channel 4 from the looks of it. Chateau diy is with channel 4. SJ isn't showcasing on any of their websites. Le Fluer is showcased multiple times. No Trotters as well. SJ didn't say anything about the alleged stealing of MPK design. I personally don't think that's how it went down. She's distancing from MPK in order to try to maintain a relationship within the channel 4 production companies.
I'm guessing the reason she is not showcasing and the others are could be due to the style of the renovations and La land is "old hat" now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh,
Château dictionnary

Gustavo:
male prostitute with expensive tastes 🕺🍾🎁💎

Madrid syndrom: stricto sensu, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive hotel in the middle of a pandemy ✈🧢👬🍸 🕶🍾
Flexible version, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive place 😏🍹

To be continued

Probably not from Percy. He has 3 children.

Probably not from Percy. He has 3 children.
I am sure Isabelle insisted in some kind of agreement before wedding. 😁😉 Since marriage was ending her widow's pension she must have set something up to provide her and S. Maybe even convinced Percy to adopt S?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
To call oneself : I'm the châtelaine de .. is making a serious 'grand faux pas' . A châtelaine -owner with a little of nobility and especially education) woud say : I'm the resident of the house. Otherwise you make an idiot of yourself. People say 'la châtelaine' -also 'la baronne'- to mock the people .... sorry for the French : pêter plus haut que son cul = word for word : to fart above one's arse
Ooops : sorry a mistake pêter

péter

• Haha
Reactions: 8
SJ sexual orientation....
I don’t know about that.... I think there might be something going on with Hanni, or maybe just on Hanni’s part. Do you remember the trip she took with her mom and Hanni, I thought there was some vibe there.... and Hanni was always following her around, then she disappeared and was gone.... What happened? Furthermore there was a vlog where Marie, SJ and Hanni all wore the same style of outfit, all copying SJ caftan and hair and, they looked ridiculous....

Percy also has his own family, probably it has all already been sorted out...
Hopefully, Percy’s family made him draw up a pre-nup so anything he owns stays with HIS family!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.